Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Kadan Around

OBJECTIVE: BONDING EXERCISE
lJcylW.jpg
Honestly, if he didn't have 4U, Kadan would never have found this place. The droid had a wealth of information stored within his little dome, and day by day, he was informing Kadan little by little of just how many secrets he contained. Putting his X-Wing into it's entry cycle, the padawan glanced back to his passenger. Thoughts and concerns flooded between the link the two shared, and he found himself unable to find a good rational to speak from. He had feelings for her, though, they were clouded and shaped by several unknowns. Did she feel the same? Could they have these feelings? And what troubled him most, was this something they had developed naturally, or was this the work of their bond? It was a difficult series of questions to answer.​
He glanced to his injured arm, the metal casing around the left arm had to stay on for several more weeks still, and yet, he had no idea on what he would do when the Bryn would attack again. 'Hey, Bantha Head, check your scopes, the approach vector is all messed up.' 4U beeped at him over his controls, prompting an expression of confusion to come over the padawan's face. "4U, what are you talking about? Our vector is fine." He mused, flipping through several different system monitors, and finding nothing amiss. A lone bit of text scrolled across the screen, and the padawan nearly groaned aloud. 'Hey, shut up, and let me help you. You and your lady friend need to talk, so let me crash the ship.' He wasn't liking where this was going one bit. "4U you really don't need to do th-" Before he could finish, the ship lurched, dropping rapidly towards the pilot, sensors and alarms blaring, as the ship began to speed up, Kadan moving to try and take control from the ship, concern flashing through the link between him and Aayla. "What in the blasts are you doing 4U?"
He pulled back hard, cut the engines, and disabled the controls from the astromechs compartment; though he knew well enough that wouldn't stop the droid. His ship on the other hand was having a bit of a problem, as the droid had nearly overclocked the engines during his little escapade. Scowling, he switched to atmospheric thrusters, and was rewarded by several insults from the little droid. Regardless, Kadan brought the ship into the lower atmosphere, and looked to find a nice landing zone. He found one of course, not far from a large grand tree. Needless to say, he was less than pleased with his droid, leaping out of the cockpit and moving to give the little astromech a piece of his mind. "Aayla, get your bearings, I'm gonna tell our little copilot what I think of his flying."
This was supposed to be a nice and relaxing trip to a new world, and the damn droid tried to send them hurtling into the ground.​
Hopefully the rest of the trip wouldn't be as chaotic.​

hZFxlpS.png

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

There was stark silence coming from the rear seat of the X-wing, Aayla didn't have anything to say. Satele was right. Ever since she picked up that kyber crystal, that she had yet to come to term with things had been rapid fire. It was spilling over from her and not just into her personal life, but her 'professional' one. She still felt bad about snapping on Omen, and Kadan; and yet she also felt mad Kadan left her like that. It brought up feeling of abandonment she thought she was done feeling. And in the moment, their bond was in crumbles. Her mind was shadow, and confusion to him. As she sat strapped in, she just gazed out one of the dorsal viewport solemnly; thinking about her entire life up until this point. She wanted to be perfect, and have many friends, but it just didn't seem to work that way. She tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it didn't really matter.

When the the ship dipped down slightly, she would reach out and steady herself, wondering what it was with her and getting into vessels with people trying to kill her by crashing. On the bright side she hadn't died yet. And wasn't even interested in eavesdropping on whatever it was Kadan and the Astro-mech were on about. What she knew about the little droid so far was that it was well beyond the norm for mischievous when it came to his model. Sometimes it made her think they had gotten its processor installed wrong. He behaved more like a diabolical HK model at times. Kadan called out to her, and her head shot up to listen, moving as if she was going to do, or go somewhere; and then just letting her hands fall in her lap.

"Yeah.. Ready.." She said, relaxing and closing her eyes as she leaned back into the seat.

Kadan Scipora Kadan Scipora

2FS8YbB.png

STEADY AS SHE GOES
He could feel her mind, a cloud and shrouded by doubt. It weighed heavy on his mind, though he couldn't confront it here and now. He needed to straight out the little astromech before the little guy got them killed. Leaping up to the compartment for 4U Kadan kneeled down, shaking his head as the dome of the droid popped out from the top, a torrent of swears and colorful binary words came forth from the droid. Truthfully, Kadan only caught half of it. "Hey, hey, I'm talking here. Power down a sec. What the hell are you trying to pull buddy?" The droid gave a low whistle, a sign that he was pouting, though Kadan wasn't moved to pity the droid, not after that stunt.​
'Padawan Shan's been rather down and you've done little to fix that. As her bond mate, I'm doing what you are not.' Kadan frowned, as the droid emerged from the port, popping out from under the ship, can prompting Kadan to jump down after him. 'My former owner had a bond mate like you, but he wasn't there for him. Said attachment was an evil and cut ties with him. He died when the Sith laid seige to Onderon shortly after. He carried it with him for a long time.' "Well it won't come to that." He responded, at least seeing where the droid was coming from, but he could have warned him ahead of time. Though, 4U was right. He hadn't been a good friend. 'You organics always say that, and yet it happens. Odds never look good for your kind. Get off your ass and be her friend, Padawan Kadan.' The droid chimed, before moving towards the engines, several tools deploying as he seemed to be intent on looking busy. Kadan stood there for a moment, looking back to the cockpit, then to the droid, unsure what to truly do now, until 4U chimed out at him. 'Hey, nerf herder, I brought you here cause the tomb is two clicks east. So get your girlfriend and get moving.' Kadan sighed, moving back to get Aayla, before he realized what the droid said. "She is not-" He stopped himself, knowing Aayla would overhear if he continued. 'She is not my girlfriend!' He mouthed. 'Whatever, just get outta here and let me look busy in peace.' 4U dismissed him, and the padawan was floored by this. Where the hell did a droid get such an attitude?​
Climbing back up into the ship, Kadan sat on the side of his ship, flashing her a smile in spite of her downer mode. "So, figured we could explore another tomb, fight some spirits, and just try to have a good time. You know, given we don't talk like we used to." He shrugged, motioning out of the ship as he was hoping she'd take the offer. "Place is about two clicks east of here, shouldn't be much to look at other than some trees, but, I'd...just like to-" He faltered, his eyes wandering elsewhere, as he tried to find the right words. "Just try and...be ourselves again. You know?" No, he didn't know. What a stupid fething thing to say.​
Unable to think of anything else, he dropped back to the ground, and moved to retrieve his gear. Strapping on his breastplate, he left his mask hanging on his hip, though his saber hung at his hip. He looked to the droid, who was...poking the engine coupling with a....stun probe. That droid certainly wasn't all there. "4U, get the ship intact. I'll comm you on the way back." 'Don't bother, I'll just put you on mute anyways.' The droid chimed, letting Kadan scowl at it, before continuing. 'It's a joke, come on. Now get outta here, I have work to not do.' The droid went back to...whatever he was planning on doing, and so, Kadan would await his friend before they headed out.​
Hopefully this would work.​

hZFxlpS.png

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif
She still hadn't moved once they landed. Instead, she reclined the seat further letting the back of her hands move to cover their respective eyes with a light sigh. It was beginning to settle, and she was quite certain now... She was feeling depressed. Even in the cockpit of the X-Wing, the duo had an impression they were on the other side of a YT-1300; she listened with a dull smirk across her features, wondering of the little droid was aware she could understand Binary. She would say nothing though. Eventually, Kadan popped up on the canopy of the X-wing, and she looked at him with a solemn gaze.

"We talk everyday loser..." Aayla said, no malice in her voice, but a bland disinterest. She would move to put up a foot on the canopy, then jump over hitting the ground in a light crouch and settling there for a moment. She let her eyes search out then. Something had changed recently. It felt almost as if it had encompassed the entire galaxy, and she wondered if Kadan had felt it as well. It was hard to put a finger on, it seemed everywhere, but nowhere all the same. Aayla got to her her feet, turning and looking at the Astromech droid, raising an eyebrow at it; then moving on with Kadan...

Once out of earshot, the question came.
"Don't go looking for the receipt now, but I think your Astro-mech is... Well, a little different"

Aayla said, smiling at that. Opening up to him a little more... Slightly. That cold exterior melting a bit, but she kept him out of her head for the moment. There was much he didn't need to know. Perhaps she shouldn't have spoken to Caltin; and she worried about the Master as well. Though, until she was certain could avoid thinking about it while their minds were merged, she would refuse him... She just hoped he didn't take it the wrong way. She didn't bring along true armor, and was dressed in her usual threads.

She held up a hand, defending from the wind, and pressing forward. Turning around once to glance back once the ship was just out of sight...

"I'm not your girlfriend... Right?" She asked him, angrily peering over out of nowhere; footsteps becoming more deliberate, eyes moving rapidly from the path to lock on him. Her features betrayed what she felt, but she realized she just wanted to hear it from him.

2FS8YbB.png

THE TALK
He gave her an amused smile as she called him a loser, feeling a bit of the cold armor she had encompassed around herself loosen up a tad. Least she was cheering up, at his own expense, but still.​
"I know that, but I enjoy it. You're fun to argue with."
He added, before going about getting his equipment set up. There was certainly something between them, a rift wide enough to fly a squadron though, but thankfully not deep enough to park a cruiser. They could mend this, just needed a little bit of time and honesty. Both of which were in great supply, at least here. Again, a ping of guilt scrapped at the back of his mind, though he silenced it. Together, the pair set off on their path, though the padawan snickered at the jab at his droid. He didn't disagree.​
"I mean, he was at a discount so it's on me for that little exchange."
Of course, it wasn't very long into their walk when she hit him with the curve ball, the one all men feared:​
"I'm not your girlfriend... Right?"

His eyes widened at that, realizing that she had overheard the conversation with 4U. Which made Kadan's face go redder than an Arkanian on Tatooine.​
"I mean, you are a girl, and my friend. But as a romantic partner I mean, we never really discussed that."
He coughed, his hand gripping his long locks of hair as if he could find some answer for this discussion within; sadly he had nothing. The path they walked was a bit overgrown with foliage and the like, and with a brief check from his force senses, he concluded there was no immanent threat. She was stone walling him from their bond, showing that she had thought ahead, unlike he who had played right into her trap. Unfortunate timing on his part. He had underestimated his opponent. Another thing he liked about her, she kept him on his toes. He wouldn't play to her game however, keeping himself open as he struggled for an answer. He let out a sigh, the wind catching his hair and blowing it out of place, though he let it go for the time being.​
"There are times when I feel things for you, and question if they are wise. Yes." He said plainly, the emotion leaving his voice, as he was trying to put on the face of a jedi. He was soon to be a knight, it was important that he mastered this facade after all. But it was only that, a facade.​
"You understand me better than anyone before in my life Aayla. Yet, at times I know I act as if I don't understand where you come from. For that, I am sorry."
The emotion slipped into his voice now, that ball of guilt he had tied down at the bottom of his gut surfaced. He finally stopped walking, letting the wind and swaying of the trees fill the silence for several moments, before he continued to speak.​
"I feel obligated to protect you, because I feel that connection for you, and when I fail to do that, it's a reminder of all the other failings in my life."
He turned back to face her, raising his armored hands up to show her.​
"These gloves, belonged to my uncle. I slew him on Cathar not long ago, because I failed to talk him down."
He unclipped his saber, for a moment, showing her the rough work he had done to it, the cuts he had left in it during the reforging, a sign of his frustrations with having lost his original.​
"This saber, I have to remind myself after I failed to protect us on Felucia. Then on Brentaal IV, I failed to protect you against that spirit."
He sighed, his saber being clipped back onto his belt, waving his arms behind his back, as if trying to shrug off the weight that was slowly pressing down on him. It didn't quite work.​
"It sits there, because failure has shaped my life. Now, I feel on the cusp of failing again, as your friend."
He locked eyes with her, not turning away, nor faltering.​
"It's my own fault for trying to be your shield, but your hardships, the pain, I know of it. I wish to take away from it, however I can. Because I care for you."
He grimaced, sweeping his hand over his forehead once more.​
"Only, I am not very good at it."
He had given into the darkness within him to protect her once, and if it came down to it, he could do so again. How many more times could he let such a thing slide? How long could he protect her from others, before he had to protect her from himself? It wasn't a question he could easily answer.​
Nor did he want to.​
Things were so much easier when the unknown was the real danger, and not the part of you that you didn't wish to touch.​
Now he could only wait for her response, hoping that he started to begin bridging the gap between them.​
Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
hZFxlpS.png

tpuAKtr.gif

Fun to argue with? She wasn't argumentative... Much. Well, only when she was right; which was a little more that usually.... The idea of it soured her features, keeping her mental guard about herself. And of course, glaring at him with a look of curiosity. Maybe she already knew how she felt, and was waiting to hear it from the other end... Maybe. Romantic Partner, made her head whip, redness finding her cheeks as she stifled the laugh, and smirk on her face. She allowed herself to stare off at the horizon as she got her serious demeanor back, turning to listen to the rest of what he was saying. Stopping on the spot when he did. For someone was who playing angry at him, she was still in tune.

She folded her arms over her chest, shifting her weight to one side as she listened to whatever else he had to say. Which was certainly more than a mouthful; or two. More comparable to a dinnerplate by the end of it. She would swallow once, and quip after his last sentence.

"All that's really dramatic... I don't like dramatics. I like things simple; and open... And I'm sorry you killed your Uncle... And incase you missed the statues and plaques; that Force Entity could've probably killed us both"

She said that taking a few tentative steps in his direction. Deliberate footfalls that moved her standing right in front of him, breaching his personal space; and looking up into his eyes.

"And I'm not some delicate flower, so don't treat me like that... I'm a Jedi same as you, I've bled for the Concord, and I don't need some Knight in shining armor looking to rescue me everywhere... If I can't fight my own battles, then how can I call myself a Jedi?"

She asked, her tone showed that what she had just said should've been committed to memory...

"You're right, you shouldn't try to be my shield, you should just try and support me; like I'll try to support you when I can..."

She added, unfurling her arms from her chest, that redness finding her cheeks again. And then she just leaned up, getting on her tippy-toes and tried to kiss him. A brief love-tap on the lips, as if she was trying to see his reaction. If he reeled away, then she would've just turned away; and apologized. If he accepted it though, she would allow herself to engage in the kiss for a few sparse moments. Enjoying the moment...

After it was done, she would rest back on her heels, and clear her throat lightly; turning and storming away from him. Confuzzled, but satisfied with her actions.

2FS8YbB.png

YOUNG LOVE
He weathered her words, knowing that they were all on target. He hadn't told her this, but he considered her a far stronger person than himself. Which was what made it ironic that he tried so hard to defend her time and again. He hadn't been expected to be told he was being dramatic, a comment that caused his head to turn to the side, confused at where that had come from. Perhaps his language was a bit too..flowery, perhaps a lay over from his time with Master Kiara. Could one blame him?​
Beautiful she may be, she was right. She needed no knight, and Kadan of all people, was in no place to be a protector. Least of all of her. He remained stoic, taking the words in stride, and merely accepting what she was laying down. It was good to have communication, to know they were on the same page, but then it got...interesting.​
She moved towards him, sending a bit of an alarm through Kadan's system. He observed, unable to move, nor wanting to, expecting her to pointedly tell him off. Though, it never came. He swallowed, his eyes taken by Aayla's own, a shaky breath escaping his throat, as he was dumbstruck by the proximity. Rather, she slowly rose to his level, and pressed her lips against his own. It had caught him off guard to say it mildly, though he found what followed to be enjoyable. Then without warning, she broke away, storming off past him, and leaving the padawan with mix of tingly warmth, and utter confusion. What did that mean? Were they good? Were they dating now? He spent several moments trying to work out just what this all meant.​
He hadn't a clue. After several moments, he would follow behind her, letting out a sigh as his face was a glow. They both seemed satisfied by the what had occurred, though, neither seemed to know the how or why of the occurrence. Perhaps it was better this way. Kadan continued in silence, his bliss and confusion trickling through the pairs bond. They'd have to discuss this development in more elaborate terms later.​
'Message received.'
For now, adventure called.​
As the pair continued on, they would come to a sheer rock face, with what appeared to be a man made entrance at the front. It had seen better days, weathered by years of erosion. The only sign of it's origin, were symbols etched into the stone, bearing the characters of Mando'a. Kadan would pause as he recognized this, the padawan moving to inspect the sight closer, as he could scarcely believe it. Shifting past Aayla, he began to decipher the characters, looking back to Aayla with a bit of child like wonder. "This is a dedicate to Mandalore the Preserver, one of my ancestors. This was ordered by him after he recalled the title of Mandalore following a war several millennium ago." He was practically giddy, his hands tracing over the stonework, rather curious at to what secrets laid within. He looked to the mouth of the entrance, finding little to indicate what was inside.​
When 4U described a tomb, he had thought it be an actual tomb, not a monument to his people. Still, perhaps there was something of value to learn here. And yet, he felt a tug, as if he was meant to come here for some unknown reason. Something he hadn't yet realized. Odd.​
As for Aayla, she would feel a similar sensation, akin to what had befallen her on Felucia. She was meant to find something here, though what that was, remained unknown.​
hZFxlpS.png

tpuAKtr.gif

She smirked then, looking out over the valley to the right of them, and glanced back at him as he investigated the remnants of his culture. "Preserver huh..." Aayla stated, not elaborating on her meaning there. She would turn, placing fists on waist as she walked over in his direction. "The Archives could be wrong, but Mandalore is the leader of the Mandalorians right?" She asked, seemingly genuinely curious about her question. She stood around, then let the Force guide her, glancing, then peering hard to a spot further into the deep brush. She activated her saber, and began cutting through some heavy brush; moving feeper into the bramble.

Perhaps this might have been a planet that resonated heavily with Kadan, but it spoke to her as well, though she wasn't entirely sure what exactly what it was the Force was saying. She would find out though.

2FS8YbB.png

TOUCH THE PAST
Aayla's confusion wasn't unfounded, it was a pain to classify what the deal with Mand'alor was; given there was like seven people claiming to be him at all times now. "Mandalore can be many things. Mandalore, is the planet, but when pronounced Mand'alor, it means the leader of our people. It's complicated, but hey, I didn't make the rules." Kadan stepped into the cave, his hand going for his saber, as he ignited it; and was treated to a rather large spiders web stretched out before him. Smirking at the creature, he made a gesture with his hand, moving the spiders aside, before he used the force to move them out of Aayla's way. He didn't say anything, not wanting to start another argument with the woman, as he knew her fear for the insects was something of a sore spot. Regardless, it wasn't long before they began to find more carvings, the purple glow of his saber revealing an ancient tale, one that not even he had heard among his people. In the walls, depictions of several hundred figures, their armor indicative of the Mandalorian 't' visor, marched forth, behind them laid ruin, destruction, yet the scene transitioned. In the next panel, there were figures with blades, cutting through the warriors, at the front of these sword wielding warriors, was a Mandalorian, seemingly leading the others onwards. Kadan paused, finding what he believed was a description, but the language of Mand'o was of an older dialect, the translation wasn't quite as clear as he hoped, but he could work it out.​
"According to this, Mand'alor the Ultimate began a war with the great Republics, and marched to find a glorious victory, but for the wrong reasons. They moved through, cutting down and burning words without a challenge, until the...." He paused, straining as he looked over the word once more. "Ah, the jedi came to the front, lead by the glorious leader, who rallied them to victory after victory." He paused. looking to the image of this 'glorious leader' and found that this figure must have also been Mandalorian. Perhaps he wasn't the only one with the identity crisis. The thought made him smile. "This glorious leader was perhaps Mandalorian, sought to stop his people from going down this route." Kadan looked back to Aayla, threads of hope breaking through the link, as he felt a tad vindicated in the plight he had struggled so hard to overcome.​
Moving on to another panel, this one showing a broken world, destroyed ships of an unknown origin, though he had to assume it was of a Republic and Mandalorian forces. "This glorious leader, bested Mandalore the Ultimate in combat, and broke the crusade, humbled the warriors, and plaged that until the Mandalorians remembered themselves, there would be no Mand'alor." He paused, his eyes looking to the next panel, this one showing the Mandalorian jedi, but this time, the figure stood with a woman, and Mand'alor the Preserver. What really caught him however, was the name 'Shan', and so he checked it once, then twice, then three times. There was no mistaking it, this was perhaps an ancestor of Aayla. Again, they had found their way here. How strange. "Aayla, hey, they mention someone here, another Shan." He gestured, pointing to the female figure etched into the stone.​
Again, that call pulled the pair further into the cave, though they could still see the light coming from the far end, should they continue onwards they would certainly lose sight of it.​
If they dared do so, they would enter a large space, something more akin to an ancient arena, as the ground they walked on was cracked and uneven, but ahead laid a large metal casket. On each side, laid murals, each depicting battles or conflicts from the past of the times of Man'alor the Preserver if one had to presume. Upon closer inspect, within each mural, there was an alcove, some of which were empty, some where not. Aayla and Kadan both, would feel the pull towards their own murals, though oddly enough, they felt no danger evident.​
This tomb seemed much nicer than the last several they had paid a visit to.​

hZFxlpS.png

tpuAKtr.gif

As they moved forward, there was something important for Kadan to notice, if he was paying attention to his counterpart. But a small moment that would be lost in time and knowledge, but possibly learned at a later date all the same. Aayla reeled at the initial sight of the spiders, but would literally back hand one out of her way; pressing on bravely into the depths with her saber raised. Was it anger? Or was she showing out for him? Perhaps something else altogether...

In any case, she kept pace, simply flicking any critters that landed on her; maintaining her focus on the task at hand. That task was knowledge...

"Seems you weren't the only one with an identity crisis..." she said callously, saber in the air as she observed the writings she couldn't read.

Thinking about it, she would quickly turn and peer in his direction
"That was a joke... Sorry." Aayla said, her voice reverberating off the walls. She had pressed forward, following the tug of the Force, when Kadan spoke of her family name being mentioned.

She turned on a dime, and moved back.

"Whom? Satele again? what does it say?"

She questioned with a certain sense of urgency. Though just then, she felt it even stronger... Perhaps her... No, their answers, were just within reach now.

"Forward then..."

2FS8YbB.png

TOMB ROBBING
He took noticed of her little stunt with the spiders, but said nothing. It was good to see her working over her fear, something he himself was working on lately. He had expect some sort of shriek or panic, but nether came to fruition. The best way to conquer fear was through reasoning and understanding, then moving into confrontation. It was in those elements that victory was usually achieved. 'Well done Padawan Shan. We move on to our next trial.' He thought to himself, looking forward so as to hide his grin; though there was no doubt she'd sense the uptick in his mood from the little display.​
The identiy crisis jab drew his attention, though he knew well enough that she hadn't meant it in a mean spirited fashion. He felt the faintest thud of pain at the exchange, but it was trivial. Aayla apologized before he could even form a concrete thought, and he left it at that. Still, it meant that he wasn't the only one who had walked this path. He looked at the writing once more, trying to work out what the name of this warrior, but several of the characters had been damaged. He could only make out the name 'Candor'. Odd, he had no knowledge of this jedi.​
"No, not Satele. It's...something with a 'B'. Basalisk? Bastila? It's not exact, but close enough to one of those two. The dialect is a little off honestly." Turning to follow behind Aayla, he couldn't help but prod her ever so slightly. "Didn't know I was walking around with a celebrity. Can I have your autograph?" He grinned, though the moved onwards, reaching the tomb.​
The force called to them, and Kadan could no resist the call. Nor Aayla as it seemed. There, they would find items with no owner, left abandoned in this place for an unknown amount of time. For Kadan, he found what looked to be a dull gem, caked with dust, yet it held a signature within the force. Aayla would find an item of similar force potency, though both items registered within the force, though there was something amiss, these presences felt different. Muted, twisted, the connection was faulty. Kadan took up the gem stone first, and immediately was hit by a flurry of visions, his head spinning, as battles he had never seen, deaths he had never experienced, and lives he had never lived all slammed into him at once. He dropped to his knees, his head throbbing, a numb ringing took over his ears, and the gem clattered to the floor.​
It took several moments before he realized what he was back within the tomb, and another few seconds before the ringing stopped. He looked to the stone once more, a faint aqua glow was held to it, and he was left stumped by what it all meant. "What in the force...?"

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
hZFxlpS.png

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

She glanced over her shoulder at that first comment, not finding any merit in dignifying it with response. Instead she kept her mind focused outwards in the Force. Eventually they had to conquer their fears of course... Wait until he saw her 'astromech' droid. She stopped a ways ahead, listening to his words, and trying to think. Basilisk? No... It's....

"Bastila..." She said in unison with him, verifying his second translation.

"She was Satele's Mother... I remember. And don't start with that chit Kadan.."

Aayla further offered as he suggested she was a celebrity. She pressed forward with him, listening to whatever else he might have had to say, and noted the area they had walked into seemed to be the source of the call. Kadan had found a gem-stone. While Aayla had found a series of shrapnel; and metallic pieces. The specific metals eluded her, but she was sure some of it was Beskar, Chromium, and Durasteel. Also, looking further, it wasn't scrap metal it was... She shifted them around in the Force, and noted exactly what it was; a lightsaber. No kyber crystal, but all of the components to craft one. She quickly assorted them, letting the weapon be one again. Some of the pieces were slightly rusted; but it was nothing that couldn't be restored.

Perhaps if she would've seen what happened to Kadan, she would've been weary about grabbing the item callously; but then again, after Brentaal IV, this seemed like something she should have done... She took it in her hands, closing her eyes with a gasp. She was flooded again, another life; another rapid recollection of foreign memories. All manner of emotions finds her. It took only about ten seconds, but it felt like she had been standing there for an hour. This lightsaber hilt belonged to Bastila, it didn't carry its crystal, but even after thousands of years; he Force signature still lingered upon it. Broken, but readable.

Kadan had asked something, and as she stood there hunched over the podium, she would laugh out a bit.

"I think now you know how it felt when I picked up that kyber crystal on Brentaal Four..."

She told him, turning and taking a seat, the husk of the saber still in her right hand.

2FS8YbB.png

TO THE SPOILS
Standing now, he held the gem firmly, looking back to Aayla, as she seemed to be holding some metal cylinder in hand. A lightsaber perhaps? It was hard to tell from here. Moving to join her, the pair could look over the items they had gathered, though to Kadan, this whole affair had gone too...well for how their normal adventures went. "Fancy looking tool you got there." He inquired, his eyes studying it, as he gestured with the odd gemstone he had taken up. "I...usually get crazy visions when I pick things up you know? I can't image how you felt when you got hit with it." He stated, holding the stone, feeling it pulse like a heart beat against his palm. It had some sort of power to it, but whatever it was, it was unknown to him. "Usually, this is where the ghost of Sith Lords past shows up and demands we kill one another." He chuckled, setting the gem in his lap, his eyes looking about the tomb, admiring the work his people had put into the tomb, and feeling saddened that it had laid forgotten for so long.​
Perhaps this was the fate of all things. To lay still, forgotten, and unremembered. Just like these items they held now. "The warrior, the Mandalorian, they went by the name Candor I think. He fought alongside Bastila with Mand'alor, you know?" His frown vanished, a smile stretching coming across his face. "I feel like, perhaps there were others who were trapped liked myself. Though, what are the chances that he just so happened to venture alongside your ancestor as well." He remarked, sitting up and looking into her eyes. They were as striking as the first time he had seen them, back on Tirahnm.​
They both had some level of confusion about what they were meant to do. Kadan with his upbringing, Aayla with the nature of her race. It...was like they were meant to be drawn to one another, to lead one another on ward. Certainly she had to have a similar feeling, that something was at work between them. Yet, all their lessons had spoken out against this line of thinking. And yet, it seemed to be the will of the force that they were being brought together. It was probably best to talk about this now, before it caused problems back at the academy. "Aayla, about earlier..." He started, rubbing the back of his neck. "Where...do we go from here?"
Here was to things not blowing up in his face.​
hZFxlpS.png

tpuAKtr.gif

She rolled the hilt in hand, then looked behind her to place it on the stone steps with a light clink of metal. Being a little more used to it, her mind was trying to sort through some of what she had seen. She listened to Kadan, nodding along with some of what he was saying. "I'm not sure I believe in coincidence any more Kadan... And I wish... Another Sith Lord is just what the doctor ordered... Maybe two this time, guess we'll sit around and wait for them" Aayla laughed then, her voice reverberating, and causing her to silence quickly. As if she was wondering if they were being too loud. Nothing seemed amiss so far though. She glanced over, blushing when she noticed he was giving her that stoic look. Face souring as she glared straight ahead, and away from him.

"Stop looking at me like that, ugly... Like you're in love... Its annoying." Aayla lied, in fact it felt good... She loved the way he looked at her. She liked the fact that anyone would look at her that way, especially after she had been disfigured so badly by the Bryn'Adul... Kadan wasn't wrong though, it was particularly convenient that their lineages were intertwined in this way. And now, with the memories of two long gone women, likely greater than she would ever be, or even hope to be; she wondered what exactly came next for her...

Then he asked that stupid question. She glared at him briefly, blinking her gray hues at him once. Then sighed aloud. Aayla went to her hands briefly, stepping up and placing her left hand on his right shoulder. Lifting her right foot over his left leg, and sliding onto his lap with catlike agility, and grace. Once she was sitting firmly on him, she would look into his eyes. Right hand pressed against his chest, to feel his heart-beat.

"Actually... I was hoping we could stay here a little longer. I don't wanna' go anywhere.." Aayla said. If there was a camera watching over their lives, this would've been the time for it to fade to another scene...

(Exit Thread)

2FS8YbB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom