Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Checking In

Where is your new hideout?” Inanna demanded.

“The sewers—we meet in the sewers,” her captive sputtered.

What an apt location. Now, who is your next target?

“I, uh, I think it was—the Organa?”

Which Organa?

“I don’t know, I don’t know—”

Count Alicio?

“Uh, maybe? Sounds sorta familiar…”

And what’s the plan for taking him out?

“Bombs, bombs planted on a ship. We disguise ourselves as bodyguards and plant them. And die when they go off, so as not to draw suspicion trying to escape. Suicide mission, not my thing…”

There was a thump as of something being kicked and a muffled groan of pain from the male. Inanna’s voice lowered to a vicious growl, uttering something in Shi’idese that had to be an insult. Then she paused, noticing Cato’s presence for the first time.

I thought I told you not to follow me,” she said softly.

Cato stayed still, listening in as their plan was revealed in full. Part of him was impressed at her efforts, but it was overshadowed by concern. Both for her and what she might do. When he heard the thump, he lurched forward to step out, and at the same time his presence finally registered with Inanna.

"And I thought I told you not to go alone." The knight stepped out further, "...Seems you made some progress. What happened?"

Last edited:
Well, I’m sorry I loved you and left you, but you needed the rest,” she replied.

Though he probably couldn’t see it in the dark, she jerked a thumb toward her captive. “I got a message from one of my operatives here on Narsh. They lured this guy here and captured him for me to interrogate. There was a small time window for me to get it done before his disappearance was noticed. And now… well…” She trailed off.

Either they were going to have to stash him somewhere, and risk his escape—or they could kill him and be done with it. Inanna had a feeling Cato wouldn’t take well to the latter.

"Making sure you're safe is what I need," He scoffed a bit, but relented. She handled herself, but his protectiveness was difficult to stave off.

"You have operatives on Narsh? What kind of operatives?" That part came as a bit of a surprise. They had what they needed now, though. They could make progress. "We can keep him tied up here for now. If his lack of attendance is about to be noticed then we're on a time limit anyway. Let's wrap this whole mess up before they decide to change their plans."

I need to know that you’re safe, too,” she whispered. Reaching out in the dark, her fingers brushed against his chest and the Star still hanging around his neck. “Keep this on for a little while longer.

If only they didn’t have to deal with this. If only they could run off together and spend their days screwing each other’s brains out. Maybe in the future they could. But as long as the galaxy remained a shitty place, they might as well have no future.

You sound surprised.” And she sounded amused. “Spies, mostly. I sent them here to infiltrate the radicals after my last visit. I would’ve mentioned them earlier, but you know. Kind of ruins the whole spy schtick if you tell people about it.

Off to the sewers we go, then.

Cato felt the sudden tender brush of her fingers against his chest, and reached instinctively up to find the star still there. He gently wrapped his fingers around the pendant and gave it a momentary squeeze.

“I am surprised, to be honest.” He handing realized her position would have much need for spies, but in retrospect it seemed sensical, at least. And for Shi’ido, it was rather easy to be one. “Fair enough, I guess. Let’s head out.”

Cato pulled out a pair of cuffs and latched them onto the conspirator’s wrists, before tossing him into a closet. “He can sit in there and think about his actions for a bit.” They’d just have to remember to come back and retrieve him at some point.

Once outside, he made a beeline for the first manhole he saw, reaching down to pull it up with a bit of a groan. It flipped over with a heavy metal thud, and Cato dusted his hands, “Things are heavier than you’d think.”

Then, he leapt down in the system, hitting a thin pool of water with a small splash. “Gross. This guy tell you where exactly they’re working from? Sewers are pretty big.”

Inanna observed as Cato made short work of their captive, locking him handcuffed in a closet. “Sooner rather than later; Shiftglue only lasts a few hours, and those cuffs won’t be able to hold him then.

All the more reason to hurry.

They left the house, and Cato promptly bounded over to the nearest manhole cover. Amusing as the sight was, Inanna saw him struggling to lift the heavy metal covering and went over to help. She didn’t have nearly as much trouble with it, casually tossing it away as if it were a frisbee.

Hopping down into the water after him, she grimaced. It stank, and she didn’t want to even think about where the water she was now standing in had come from.

No,” she replied. “I was hoping you could use the Force to give us some direction, Mr. Jedi Knight.

Cato reacted with a bit of surprise as Inanna threw the cover off, "Damn, girl," If he were fully free of injury it would've been easier, but even that was outside his range unless he was using the Force to huck it around.

Once in the sewer, he shrugged, "Alright, alright," He closed his eyes, and moved over to place his palm against one of the musty tunnel walls. He grimaced, but tried to focus only on the Force, tapping into its diving capabilities to get a sense for the direction of their targets. It called to him further in the direction they were already facing, a gentle nudge ahead. "Keep this way. Doesn't seem as far as I was afraid, actually."

Cato began to lead the way, his gait more conservative so as to reduce the splashback of sewer water. "They really couldn't have picked a nicer place to have their secret terrorist meetings?" Nar Shaddaa was already a trashy place. Its sewers were worse.

Grinning, Inanna flexed her muscles. “This is why none of your furniture is safe from me.

Down in the sewers, Cato managed to get a read on their target. She followed along behind him, trudging silently through the water through some mysterious means.

Don’t tell me there are monsters in these sewers,” Inanna muttered. Coruscant certainly had its fair share of mutant monstrosities the further down one went. And if the sewers were the very bowels of the city, you couldn’t get much lower than that…

A rattling noise echoing toward them from up ahead gave her pause. She glanced toward Cato questioningly.

Cato turned and stared back at her for a moment, "...Do you want me to give you an actual answer to that question?" He shrugged, "I heard one time that there was some crime boss, really into exotic 'pets'. Had a pet Acklay that got too big, escaped once and fled into the sewers. Dunno if it's still alive or not. Or if it's true, but…" He smirked a bit.

There was a rattling noise soon after, and the knight froze in his tracks. Quietly he pulled his lightsaber from his hip, shifting the hilt around in his hand in anticipation. Out from the shadows, a pair of metallic feet stepped out. Then another. Cybernetic humanoids, armed with weapons and almost entirely disguised by armor stepped out. One of them seemed to be scanning a layout of the tunnel system on his wrist holo, but both looked up shortly after to spot the new arrivals. "...Ganks." Cato muttered. The two Ganks stood silently, seemingly just staring at the pair, though in truth they were silently communicating between each other.

Cato spoke up finally, "We're not here for you. What do you say we just… live and let live?"

A pet Acklay? Great.” Inanna made a face. “Don’t you Jedi have, uh… animal whisperer Force training, or whatever? You can do that, right?

Speaking of which, she’d have to introduce him to Elfangor one of these days…

Any further thoughts on the matter were halted by the appearance of a pair of Ganks. Inanna facepalmed. “Of course we run into fething Ganks,” she groaned. “The bloodthirsty, violent cyborg species…

Her great-grandfather had been the one to figure out that the Ganks used cybernetic implants to communicate with each other, after he took the form of one of them in an attempt to blend in and was quickly discovered to be an impostor because he couldn’t “hear” what they were saying. A completely irrelevant, but fun fact.

Cato’s attempt at diplomacy was met with a blaster bolt aimed squarely at his chest. Inanna palmed her lightwhip and lashed out at the Gank who had taken the shot, knocking the weapon from his hands. The other Gank turned its weapon upon her and fired.

“Kinda? I dunno how well it would work on a pissed-off acklay. At least, not at my skill level, but…”

For a moment they were stuck in a face off with the Ganks. Cato pouted his lips in a whisper, responding to Inanna’s comment on their nature, “Don’t let them hear you say that.” Then again, they’d probably consider it a compliment.

That much seemed to be proven when the knight’s brief attempt at peace earned a blaster shot. He was thankfully quick to ignite his saber, and block the beam. “The ‘shoot first, ask questions later’ mentality is becoming awfully trite, I think.” It was the MO of most unscrupulous types on Nar Shaddaa. “Get some new material.”

As Inanna swiped the weapon from the first Gank’s hand, Cato turned his attention to the one now aiming at her. Another shot rang out, but he lunged in to deflect that was well. Quickly the jedi closed the distance and swiped downward, severing the Gank’s hand, and then finishing with a wide vertical cut across its body. The cyborg toppled over with a dull clank, dead or unconscious. Meanwhile, the other was about to retrieve his gun.

Inanna turned her lightwhip off, flicked a switch—and the whip became a solid blade. She brought it down upon the surviving Gank’s wrist. Their severed hand, still clutching their blaster, fell into the water with a splash.

She dispatched them in similar fashion, though rather than bisecting them she decapitated them.

I wonder what they were doing down here,” she wondered aloud. “Would be weird if it had anything to do with our friends from Free Lao-mon.

She deactivated her lightsaber and crouched down to examine the bodies.

The two Ganks were dispatched quickly, leaving them alone once more.

“Well, Ganks do like to spend their time in the lower levels. Sewers though… Maybe…” Cato was already suspicious, and approached the other body to investigate. He lifted up one of the severed arms with a grimace, and turned on the wrist-worn holoprojector.

The layout of the sewers popped up once more, with two points of interest being pinged, and a line traced between them. “Mmmhmm. Look-” he gestured to the points, one of them being a sewer entry, and the other being a large cistern in the direction they were now heading. “See here, this entry point is right next to a cartel holding. Some kinda chop shop, I’ve been around there before. If I were a betting man, I’d say that these guys worked for Hutts,” A common employ for many Ganks, and Cato had been around the block enough that he was confident in his inference, he then gestured to the cistern, “And I’m thinking this, is where our Lao-mon bodies are located. I’d wager they’re being supplied by said Hutts.”

His brow twitched, “We should probably hurry then. Who knows what those guys might have dropped off.”

Inanna listened. “Well, you know more about how criminals on Narsh work than I do, so I suppose I’ll have to take your word for it.

She rested her hands on her hips. “What’s the plan, then? Do we pretend to be these two?” She gestured to the Ganks. In theory, she supposed he could don the armor and she could shapeshift into the other. The ruse might be just enough to get them past any guards.

Or just go in lightsabers blazing?

"Only one way to find out."

Cato stood up, and dusted his jacket. Inanna gestured to the two floored Ganks, her proposal earning a curious raised brow, "That does sound pretty fun." It would be a bit of a hassle to equip the armor, at least for him, but theatricality was unironically a serious consideration for many things Cato did. "But once we get inside, what then? Probably gonna have a fight on our hands anyway, no? Unless you've got something else in mind that I'm not realizing."

The element of surprise,” she said with a flourish of her arm. “They won’t expect their own hired guns to suddenly turn on them.

Rather than donning the armor, she simply shapeshifted into a fully-armored Gank. A perfect mimicry down to the most minute details, Inanna’s distinct body language was the only giveaway that she wasn’t what she appeared to be.

"Fair enough," Cato responded, jokingly giving her a look as if she'd just come up with the most revolutionary idea in history. He didn't need much convincing for this idea anyway.

Unlike Inanna, though, he had to actually equip the armor. He set to work unlatching the pieces and slapping them onto himself, "A little help here?" There was a bit to put on, and before long he would eventually be put together in a strapping, if not perfectly fitting, set of Gank armor.

"Welllll, how do I look?" He asked, flipping up the face plate to keep it off for as long as possible.

Ah yes, helping you into and out of clothes. Now that’s what I signed up for.

She locked him into the armor, carefully hiding any signs of the battle from minutes earlier. “There. Looks good on you. Especially because it hides your face.

A pause. “So I won’t be distracted by your roguish good looks in the middle of battle, and get shot again. Speaking of which, could you hand me back my necklace? Unless your ass is still hurting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom