Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Checking In

“I know,” Cato responded quietly. In many ways it wasn’t fair that just being a Force user meant being made to constantly keep one’s emotions in check, lest some poisonous metaphysical presence start taking advantage. Then again, others would argue it wasn’t fair that they couldn’t throw people around like ragdolls with just their mind.

“It’s a little more complicated than that,”
He admitted, even managing a faint chuckle, “But it can be a… slippery slope. Just one of those things we have to deal with, I guess.”

Inanna managed up the ladder relying solely on upper body strength. Cato remained close behind just in case anything went wrong, but the climb went off without issue. Once they were up, the knight gave her no answer for a few long seconds as he scanned the surrounding streets. Force of habit. “Now-” His gaze finally flicked down to her, and he offered a hand up, “We call someone to pick up the mess. And we… go home.” Cato said with a bit of confusion, as if he were asking more than saying. Were they really done now? It was hard to imagine actually being done with anything around here. But it was a nice feeling.

I hate having godlike powers,” she grumbled. “Too much responsibility. Not worth it.

He suggested calling a cleanup crew. “Well, I assume whatever passes for cops around here aren’t going to help...

Retrieving her comlink, she called somebody and briefly spoke in Shi’idese to them.

Okay, that should take care of that.” She too felt a bit relieved that it was all over. At least, until she realized it meant their time together was coming to an end. “Aw, Cato. I don’t wanna go home yet…

Reaching over, she carefully removed his helmet, her body changing back to its usual form. She leaned forward and kissed him, while the sound of distant sirens drew nearer.

“You can say that again,” Every choice was saddled with the consequences of your powers. Sometimes he wondered how they balanced it at all. Her analysis of the local police force was surface level but entirely accurate, which he affirmed with a few nods.

At least Inanna had a crew of her own, and with the call made he managed to relax a bit more. She reached over to remove the gank mask, and he froze in place. At it fell aside, he was left with a bad case of helmet hair, and expecting as much, he gave her a dumb grin before they kissed, slowly melting away as he pulled her in.

When their lips finally broke away, he muttered, “Well, we don’t have to go home. Buuut we can’t stay here.” Well, technically they could. But standing over a Nar Shaddaa slum’s manhole wasn’t really the most interesting place they could be.

I was going to say, you smell like the sewer.” She unlocked the seals on the Gank armor, peeling it off of him. “And it’s not that I don’t want to go back to your apartment… I don’t want to have to go back to fething Erakhis.

That probably sounded rather strange, didn’t it? She didn’t want to go back to her mansion on a clean, relatively safe water world, and would rather stay on Nar Shaddaa. All because Cato was there.

Quick, come up with an excuse to stay longer!

Uh… Wanna go buy a new couch?

Cato craned his head down to get a whiff of his own scent, finding only the sewer's musty scent. He looked back at her and teased, "You aren't exactly smelling fresh yourself."

Inanna's insistence on sticking around was indeed surprising, but it's not like Cato could find it within him to complain. Her suggestion though, made him laugh, "I could certainly use one. But uh, a Narsh flea market is probably the last place I'd want to go shopping for new furniture." Lest the term 'flea market' become a bit too literal.

"I think… Nar Shaddaa can survive without its friendly neighborhood Jedi for a while,"
He nodded, convincing himself of that as much as her. The glint in his eye then turned more suggestive, "My ship has a shower on it. What do you say we rinse off this sewer smell, freshen up, and head somewhere else for a change… Doesn't have to be Erakhis. Maybe just somewhere that sells reliable couches."

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy a couch here either. And given our bad habits, we’ll probably have to get some kind of special industrial strength sofa that can withstand heavy impacts.

She didn’t realize she had used the word we until afterward. But they weren’t… were they…? Ugh, whatever, fine.

The mention of a shower had her curiosity; the suggestive glint in his eye got her attention. “Yes, please, let's go. Right now.” She stood up, her brow furrowing.

...Where do they sell nice furniture?

Cato snorted, "Pfft. Can't wait to see the seller react to that particular request."

He had her with the shower suggestion, and when she stood up, he wrapped an arm around Inanna's waist, "I was kinda hoping you'd know. But probably anywhere that's not here!" With his other hand, Cato fired a grappling hook at the nearest roof, propelling them both off, "Got a galaxy's worth of opportunity ahead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom