Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Jurgoran Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azel Moran

A
chang-wei-chen-fortress-on-high-mountain3.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: Jurgoran Forge, named for the legendary Jurgoran Prison on Dromund Kaas
  • Classification: Private Fortress
  • Location: Cathay, in the gigantic Dark Side site called The Crater, not far from the Dark Templar citadel
  • Affiliation: Azel Moran
  • Population: Moderate
  • Demographics: Jurgoran Forge is populated primarily by individuals skilled in the refining, smelting, forging, casting, tooling, and enchanting of metal. Many of them are capable dark adepts of one degree or another, either from Cathay or from the Elder's network of Akala cultists. Jurgoran Forge also has a significant trooper force.
  • Accessibility: While access is heavily restricted, Jurgoran Forge is not hard to find: it's fairly convenient to some prominent locations elsewhere in the Crater.
  • Description: Jurgoran Forge was ostensibly built to supply the finest melee weapons to the Catharian Hegemony's Dark Templar forces. The Hegemony provided Moran with the site, skilled metalworkers, dark adepts, and resources necessary to create a facility of the necessary scale and capability.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Moran has built a small, private forge specifically for his most unique creations. His personal forge is inside a large and well-ventilated Qabbrat. Moran allows virtually nobody inside the personal forge.
  • A nearby kinrakka cave provides a slow but reliable supply of natural Dantari kyber crystals.
SECURITY
  • Medium.
  • Significant population of Dark Side adepts.
  • Moderate force of generic guards, comparable to stormtroopers.
  • White Iron area shield generator.
  • Various anti-air and antipersonnel laser cannons.
  • Various probe droid patrols and standard sensors.
  • Dart flowers in the surrounding forests.
  • A handful of classic chrysalide Sithspawn, kept in carbonite for emergencies.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
"I offer you this, as you have graciously offered your skills to my Throneworld. I can offer you a forge, the size of a small city, with apprentices and artisans all devoted to your work. I say that these Apprentices to your craft are the best men and women my people can drum up. I ask that these mastercrafted blades, armor, and weaponry be offered to all of my Dark Templars as a means to improve their power in the field of battle. However, these offerings do not come without cost and therefore I have a single condition. Unless you can turn them over to my cause, I ask that you sever all ties with the wider Galaxy as a whole and come live on my Throneworld, as a master craftsman. My people understand the value of cooperation, and I can see you richer and exalted than you have ever been in your life." - letter from Autocrat Xzaien Xzaien

The Hegemony relocated Moran and his belongings from Ilum, where he'd been an alchemy instructor at a Dark Jedi academy. He took the offer in detail and took full advantage of it. The Autocrat was as good as her word. The Jurgoran Forge was built to Moran's specifications in short order. He picked the location for two interrelated reasons: the presence of an ancient Dark Side nexus, and the proximity of the Dark Templar for whom he was supposed to build weapons. He drew on the Elder's patronage and called in many Akala cultists with relevant skillsets, as well as the local metalworkers and adepts that the Autocrat had promised. Within a matter of months, Jurgoran Forge was churning out alchemical weapons for the Dark Templar, and Moran was happy as a clam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azel Moran

• Moran has built a small, private forge specifically for his most unique creations. His personal forge is inside a large and well-ventilated Qabbrat, and contains a small Netherworld rift, detailed below. Moran allows virtually nobody inside the personal forge.
I know Qabbrat means meditation chamber, but the link leads to a fanon article that uses the term for a sort of parliamentary body. I assume that is not the context here.

So I'd recommend using the Wookieepedia link to prevent misunderstandings.

'NETHERWORLD INFORMATION
  • Gate: A small aperture to the Netherworld region that some call the Daemoni Ignius and Moran just calls the Inferno. The aperture is large enough to allow a hand or arm to pass through. Moran generally uses it as an alternative forge, plunging metal through to heat in the Netherworld fires. The gate is located inside his personal forge/meditation chamber.
  • Lucidity: No lucidity effects.
  • Hostility: Sometimes a clawed hand reaches through and tries to kill people. The hand generally gets cut off by whatever blades Moran has available.'
I believe this may be a case of misunderstanding. The template you're using here is to be added to Location submissions inside the Netherworld, not Netherworld Rifts. The Forge is in the material realm, so this info does not fit.

The Netherworld Rift template can be found here.

In Description, you mention the presence of a dark side nexus. The Force Nexus template is here. To clarify, am I correct in assuming that this is a Military Base (or rather Forge), a Netherworld Rift and a Force Nexus?

Assuming that is the case, you will have to port over the necessary information from the Force Nexus Template. I've checked with Codex staff, and he verdict is that the base and the Nexus can be in the same submission. However, the Netherworld Rift will have to be a separate submission, using the corresponding template.

Azel Moran

A
Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan

Ahh, that clears things up, thank you. Good catch on the link - that's the last time I trust Google Docs autocomplete.

As for the nexus, it doesn't have its own - it exists within the large nexus in the planet sub. Does it still need the nexus information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom