Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Junkyard Elegy - Darkwire Dominion of Altier

Gang war or not, escalating tensions between the Corpos and Darkwire or not, this was just another job to Sar. It mattered little to him which more or less interchangeable gang controlled the local drug trade nor whose wallets were padded...

... though he had to admit CorpSec making a pouty teenager a Captain had him stumped.

Still, so long as the money was good the Corpos could do whatever they wanted; maybe she really was good enough to justify the anomaly, or maybe she was some exec's spoiled daughter who insisted on a security position. He hoped it was the former, not least because the latter might complicate his existence if she went and got herself killed. Execs were rarely interested in completely reasonable excuses.

"So and so. Not my first time taking out the trash, if that's what you're asking. Nor my first black op."

His unit had wiped out more than one overly troublesome gang to the last man, back in the day. Sometimes in uniform, sometimes in a more clandestine capacity. It wasn't the first time he'd dropped criminals dressed as a criminal, that's for sure.

Was it all legal? Probably not. Did the powers that be need it done nonetheless? Absolutely.

Maxer Shagar

M
OBJECTIVE 1

He managed a few seconds of eye contact with one of the workers and was surprised when one held his gaze. He was even more surprised when she made contact. <What timetable are we looking at? When do we move?> Maxer gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head towards Shira. Soon. But not yet. He hadn’t heard anything from the others, but he had a feeling that they would be moving any time now.

He made it only one more trip before that feeling came into fruition. As he was setting down another crate there was a sudden commotion from the assembly line. He turned to see a small teenage girl get dragged out by a supervisor. He gritted his teeth as the situation quickly escalated as the supervisor got madder and madder. He looked around, was it time to move yet? He couldn’t risk potentially messing up the mission for one girl, but she definitely didn’t need to get hit.

As the supervisor raised his arm to strike, he decided. Kark it. It had to be close enough to go time. However as he dropped a crate and got ready to move, a frantic NOW! Flashed through the force. Shira, it seemed, had made her decision much quicker than him and she launched herself towards the supervisor and took him down in one blow. Spying the two nearby supervisors raise their weapons he changed course and dashed towards them. He force pushed the one furthest away from him into a wall, and swept the leg of the nearby one as soon as he got close, silencing him with a blow to the neck.

Tags: Daiya Daiya Shira Varanin

Mischief? Where? Not me. ;)
Objective: 1 - kark up the CAD works
Tags: Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Technically Zo'i was on the planet on the orders of Luminous Sun. Technically she was supposed to be overseeing Sun's cut of the drug trade. Technically the Zeltron teen was supposed to be a good little girl doing whatever Ms. Sun asked.

But kark that shizz!

Sun couldn't be on the planet to do anything herself, after all. Trading in illegal narcotics was outlawed by the CAD. But when the Corporate Authorities wanted to control something, well they did it themselves... through a legally operated subsidiary. Confiscating anything that came in was easy. Emptying the CorpSec vaults of confiscated material was easy too. Transporting, processing, cutting, and repackaging illegal goods? Not easy for a corporate stooge, but very easy for a licensed contractor authorized by the Authorities.

So yeah. Zo'i made a mocking tone for Luminous in her head: "Hey, Zo'i. Go to this junk pile. Make sure they're doing it right. Report back if there are any issues. Do everything I say because if I don't I'll crush this necklace and kill your little adopted sibling embryo person." Pretty sure Luminous Sun was the one who belonged in the trash heap. She'd fit right in.

But never fear, Darkwire was here! ... As well. She knew because Daiya Daiya had mentioned going offworld for a bit and of course Zo'i had to butt in and find out where. Gotta love having friends on the other side of the line. The Zeltron teen wasn't sure if Luminous knew that Zo'i was feeding Darkwire information, but at this point, she didn't know what else to do. She had to take Luminous Sun down. For Rhé. Even for Sentiri. Especially for a child that hasn't even had a chance at the galaxy yet. She wasn't about to let Sun destroy her family, the family she chose.

But this whole "scheme" that Darkwire had plotted was taking so... freaking... long. Seriously, why did their plots always have to take so long to develop. Why couldn't they just put a blaster to somebody's head and put a hole in it? Why was that not a smart thing to do? Whatever. Zo'i waited. She spent her time "inspecting the plant" but spending as little time with the workers as possible. She couldn't stand to see everyone getting treated so badly. But no one had signaled their move yet. She couldn't do anything. Just wait. And wait. And wait. And...

Ugh!

And then some little kid just strolls into the storefront. Zo'i spent a lot of time in the storefront. It was quiet. No one was actually buying scrap on the planet. The planet was made of scrap. Or so she was led to believe by the large amounts of it just lying around every which way. So it was a surprise to her and the one guy on duty at the front, more of a guard than a customer service representative. The other guy argued a bit, confused as to what the kark this kid was doing. Zo'i sat back in the office, peeking out at the conversation.

Then Zo'i... felt something, and then watched as the guy hit the floor, his eyes white, his mouth open. Her head cocked, confusion growing.

"Uhhhh," she said, putting sound to her confusion. Was that the signal? "Was that the signal?" she asked, coming out of the office. "Are you with Darkwire? Are we finally going to do something here?!"

Objective 1
Tags: Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm

They weren't processing scrap.

Plugging the HoloBoy into the computer terminal, it was merely a matter of seconds before the boy had forced his way into the records. Which, were much less formal than he'd anticipated. But there were still receipts, of a type anyway. Enough to say that something had been received or that something had been shipped out.

The question was: What was received? And what had been shipped out?

They weren't even purchasing scrap. On paper, it was meant to look as though they were. The ledgers were obviously written in code. No one counted zerusium in liters. But, also, why would a scrap facility be processing raw ores? They should be working with durasteel, which was the alloy zerusium was used to forge. Except he wasn't seeing any durasteel listed.

Movement from the back caught his attention. It seemed that the factory had a mouse on the loose.

"Hello there," he offered, turning his head as the girl emerged from the back.

Signal? What signal?

Darkwire?

What was a darkwire? No, she'd seemed to suggest it was an outfit. An organization of sort sort? So, perhaps the correct question was who was Darkwire?

Disconnecting the slicer datapad from the terminal, the boy returned it to his pocket. "My name is SJ," he offered, avoiding the question for the time being. "I'm afraid I don't know of any signal. I just happened by and figured I'd take a look at what was going on here," he added, gesturing to indicate the factory around them.

Turning back to regard the girl, he said, "Which, I gather, is some sort of chemical processing"

Chemical processing. With such cloak and dagger? Now that he's said it aloud, he realized he was off. Slightly, anyway.

"No, wait," he amended.

"Spice."

Last edited:

"That is rather close, actually." He replied when she asked how he was going to do things. He gestured with his Light Repeater in his hand, obviously heavily modified and not exactly made for subterfuge at all. With his other hand, he delved into the pockets of his coat, taking out several communication links and handing them to her.

"I want you to take one and give the rest to anyone else working on this mission." He would begin to step backwards, moving towards a landspeeder of his. "I'm going to make some noise and get eyes and ears on me and off of all the other operatives."

He failed to answer how exactly he knew she was there. It wasn't something he liked to discuss, how he could hear their heartbeats, the whispers that they traded with one another. The crackling of their bones often times irked his large bat-like ears underneath the metal helmet of his. It felt like an obstruction of privacy, and often was.

"Say where you are in the building, and I'll draw attention as far away as I can. I'll be hanging back a bit, though. I'll wait until more people are in contact."

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Objective 1: Waltz for the Weary Worker
Tags: Shira Varanin Maxer Shagar

slQCnMc.png

[Post Soundtrack: "Heroine" by RUNAGROUND]

The girl didn't think her confrontation would go so far as to erupt in a fight.

Well, no, that wasn't true.

Daiya had hoped it would, but the expectation was rather low. Thrown onto the ground, with her injured arm twisted and manhandled, with a supervisor whose only goal was to see her cower, the girl couldn't be blamed for setting her hopes high. If it failed, she had the livelihood to lose. Like her other shadowrunner friends, Daiya was here to do a bigger job than stuffing drug packets into scrap. The locals were the ones most at risk if they tried standing up to the gang who controlled this area.

Come to think of it, she might not actually be getting paid for this job. Daiya just remembered reading the posting for it, and how the gangs on Altier were treating the locals —most of whom weren't even natives to the planet!— as their pawns in their game of drawing lines on a map. There was something in there about drugs, and Corpos meddling, and Darkwire's hideaways, but her eyes had glazed over at that point. The teen didn't see much difference from these people now to how she was as a child, shuffled between powers they couldn't control, when their only goal was just to survive.

At the moment, though, so was hers.

When the supervisor let go of her hand, the girl sprang forward. She crashed into the Mordageen's legs, wrapping her arms around them as the girl put all of her strength into the move. Trying to use her momentum to dislodge the gangster's balance to knock him on his rear, Daiya tapped into all the power, both physical and beyond, that she could. Still, she was pleasantly surprised to find that the man not only ended up on the ground, but flat on his back.

As the girl looked closer at the gangster, she couldn't even see him breathing much anymore. Had she done that? The downed supervisor's head lolled to the side, and that's when she saw half of his face gone. Daiya got to her feet quickly, as if distance could provide her innocence, standing up right next to Shira. She glanced back and forth at the man and to Shira, a wordless question tossed between them.

"Thanks," she offered to the woman in a low voice. Not that she cared much about being quiet anymore, but the girl was still too stunned by the events to speak louder.

For their part, most of the other workers had tried to ignore the incident. Daiya and Shira were not as lucky with the other supervisors, who started in towards them with their weapons. The girl took a step back, suddenly cognizant of the danger she and Shira were in now. Her oft-carried weapons were nowhere on her person, and there was no time to grab the fallen gangster's.

Her fears turned to relief in a moment as the worker from before erupted in a display of power, seeing one of the armed supervisors slam into a wall and downing the other. Another Force Wizard! As much as Daiya detested the powers themselves, she had to admit they came in handy right about now. While someone else cleaned up the final supervisor, making sure they wouldn't interfere, the girl surveyed the mess.

"Well, Shira, this guy looks like just your size," Daiya noted in a normal voice. She gestured at the gangster lying on the floor by their feet, glancing back up at the woman with a knowing smile. "Wanna play dress-up?"

Objective: 1
Tags: Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Daiya Daiya Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Zo'i Prihm Zo'i Prihm Maxer Shagar

The job was already off to a smashing start, it seemed. Their job was supposed to be simple, infiltrate the facility, get evidence, and make sure they properly messed it all up for the Corpos. But she had her own agenda as well. She wanted to get into the top and access their records. She was after something specific and this was an excellent opportunity to get it. Glancing at Cartri next to her, she gave him a gentle nudge. Her disguise was simple but effective. There were no markings or indicators of who she was. By all accounts, she was just another scrapper... smelled like one too. She a bit of effort into this disguise. Although she was going to take a very long shower after this job.

The bus pulled into the building and people were unloaded. Neither she nor anyone else knew of the mess that was going on in the other parts of the building. Looking at Cartri, she nodded for him to follow and timed their exit perfectly when the guards didn't look.

Xan led the way through the building, her first stop in mind was the storefront. Once she had that, she could take the stairs to higher management. "Tri, keep your eyes out. If there's a drug presence, we need to find it. I highly doubt it's gonna be difficult, though. They haven't exactly been quiet about it. Once we got the data on the suits, we can go nuts with the place. We need to send a message." she explained quickly as they moved through the hallways. "Take these." she spoke as she pulled two thermal detonators from her pocket. "Figured the best way to shut the place down and send a message is with some fireworks. Just need to reach the top level to send a broadcast to the dudes on Denon." she continued.

When she reached the storefront, she was surprised to see there were a bunch of kids already. She recognized one from Denon, but the other was unfamiliar to her. Though the boy was at a terminal she needed which was annoying. "Yo kid, get off the terminal. Grown ups need to work over here." she quipped as she walked in. "Darkwire biz, move over." she ordered him.

Looking to Cartri, she tossed over her commlink to him. "Get on the comms, see what other Darkwire peeps are here and if anything is going on yet." she spoke as she walked over to the terminal to get to work, whether the boy moved over or not.

Shira Varanin

S
OBJECTIVE 1
IMMEDIATE: Daiya Daiya Maxer Shagar
ELSEWHERE ONSITE: Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Shira surveyed the damage. Between the three infiltrators and the pissed-off workers - some of whom were leaving as their actions sank in - they'd done quite a bit. That felt right and proper in a way that had little to do with her last shreds of Jedi ethics.

"Good thought." She stripped the orange-skinned dead man and shrugged into his reeking jumpsuit without a grimace. The filthy fabric rasped against her exposed skin - shoulders, upper legs, neck, everywhere she wasn't metal or already clothed. His blaster had survived; she holstered the bare-wire junker weapon and buckled on his gunbelt. "Feth, it feels good to wear actual clothes again. I used to hang around my ship in not much. Never the kark again."

She shook her head briskly, trying to clear out cobwebs. "I'm still keyed up from killing the fether. Can't get my head straight. What's next?"

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
OBJECTIVE TWO
Tags
: Yula Perl Yula Perl | Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx | Xandyr Xandyr | Zenric Salyn

"See, Pearl, this is why I get rough with 'em. Concussed men tell no tales."

Honestly, Yula was right, usually they said nothing at all, but at least they didn't end up poking a blaster against your skull. Behind them Ruby entered the foray with the flying thug of a moment ago. "Aw, Ruby, you are a sight for sore eyes..." She drawled lightly, while keeping them firmly locked onto the bartender however.

No matter how casual she was behaving... this was a serious sit-

Ruby just kicked a man between his legs.

Hira would have applauded, but that CRY (and it was a cry, nothing masculine about a man who was just robbed of his manhood) attracted the bartender's attention in short order. Just a little slip, the blaster inching away from Yula's head and turning towards the scream, but that was all that Hira needed to let one of her knives fly.

It embedded itself into the bartender's shoulder. This made him step back, dropping the blaster, which went off (no safety after all) and the blaster bolt smashed through a whole sortie of expensive looking alcohol.

"Ugh, I missed." Which seemed an odd statement considering the conclusion of the moment, but then she had been aiming for the head. Slapping her forehead, Hira skipped over the counter to salvage some of the booze. She ignored the crying, sobbing and bleeding bartender to her side however, believing that Yula would want some personal R&R with that nerfherder right about now.

Only once the scotch was liberated did she tap her commlink.

"Oh, you know how it is, Xan, Zeltron stand-offs and all that, but we got it under control. Might be best if you let them land though, sneak up from the rear while we confront them from the front?" A questioning look towards the other two still still standing, looking for confirmation. Maybe they had a better idea while she poured herself some scotch.

Hira wasn't much of a planner, really.

RPWlESR.png

"So and so. Not my first time taking out the trash, if that's what you're asking. Nor my first black op."

Kadora'Tra smirked at Sars humor. They would get along well enough.

The two goons loitering around the Swoop Stables stopped leaning against the building and exchanged a look with each other as the cat and her companion approached.

"Ay pussy cat, you find no milk 'ere, eheheh." One of them, a Weequay female, jeered at her with a heavy accent and annoying giggle, soliciting from Kadora'Tra a silent scowl. She had an urge to bite her throat out, but suppressed her baser instincts; a practice she'd kept up since being beaten into CorpSec from a young age. It wasn't officer-like to murder co-workers and suspects without a proper blaster.

But then she remembered this wasn't Denon, and on Altier, she wasn't supposed to be CorpSec. A smile returned to her.

"Aye, scram. These bikes are off limits to you." The other, a grungy looking one eyed human tried to shoo her away with a hand while his arms were crossed.

She paused a moment, before looking over to Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis with her hands on her hips.

"I don't think these trash heaps know who we are." They were Kyber Khans newest recruits, directly from the Chief after the pair had torched an entire Blaster Brotherhood swoop gang before the Kyber Khans even arrived. Or so the cover story went. "I think we aught to put them in their proper place, no?"

The pair were now scowling themselves and taking a more aggressive posture, but before they got too close the Farghul grasped her short whip just by her hand on the hip, taking a step backwards to unfurl it behind her before sending it snapping above the Weequay's head. It startled her for a moment but didn't seem to hurt her, meanwhile the human started to rush towards Sar.

After the Weequay came to, she also started to run within her range, closing the distance... which is exactly what Kadora'Tra wanted. With a flick of her claws in her other hand, as they got close she stuck two of her fingers deep into one of their sockets. As the alien screamed in agony, she pulled the whip back catching her ankle, before she raised a foot and kicked the garbage through the stomach, landing them on their back. The wailed and blood poured from their face, hands covering their grotesque features, and rolling on the ground.

She looked over to Sar again, to see what sorta damage he dealt to rough 'em up.

Maxer Shagar

M
OBJECTIVE 1

While Shira regrouped with the kid he got to work stripping the nearby supervisor’s body. He tugged off the filthy jumpsuit and shrugged it on with a grimace. It was a little bit large and he had to roll up the cuffs on the ankles and wrists but it worked. He tucked his lightsabers inside near the small of his back just in case and took up the man’s baton instead, swinging it a few times experimentally before holstering it on the jumpsuit’s belt. It would do.

He approached the two girls noting that Shira seemed to have the same idea. Great minds. He appraised the teenager as he approached. To his relief she seemed alright despite her ordeal, better than alright even. She looked at ease, not the usual reaction for a teenager in her situation. Was she one of the other agents that was supposed to be here?

“I hate to interrupt but you’re free to join me. I’m heading further in, got more supervisors and the actual bosses to find.” He turned towards Shira but made quick eye contact with the girl before speaking. “Are you with Darkwire? There should be others on this mission, you should make contact.” He also needed to make contact with the other shadows who were on this mission.

He withdrew a comm from his pocket and pressed a button, sending a coded signal to any of the other shadows that he was moving in.

Main Tags: Shira Varanin Daiya Daiya
Objective Tags: Xan Deesa Xan Deesa Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Deryn Kaaldos Deryn Kaaldos Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Zenric Salyn

Z
Objective: Two
Tags: @Yula Perl Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx Xandyr Xandyr Hira Mitsae Hira Mitsae
Theme: Overwerk

Everything was just about done when something different happened. A bunch of these guys left on speeder bikes? A frown formed as Zenric stood up. So much for what he had already planned. At least dealing with those would be easier to deal with. The cyborg's mask closed as he took off in a run on the rooftops to keep up. Cybernetics were a wonderful thing. They let him do plenty.

A shame they'd never be real.

The program finished just as he reached the edge of his runway, so he jumped off. And landed on the back of the rear speeder. It was a quick affair as he brought his vibrosword through the driver and pushed his body off so he could take over the speeder for himself. Far too quick for the others to notice. He followed them, pretending like he was one of these Kyber Khans until they made it to their destination. A bar?

Music got turned to 11 as he sped up his speeder as the others stopped. He jumped off as it crashed into another, both erupting with flame before exploding. Zenric went after the next guy in the line. Each of them on his HUD were numbered. Ready for execution. His blade ripped through number 2 on the list.

Time to get to work.

Unsurprisingly, the Kyber Khans were the image of unprofessionalism - had they been contractors he would have recommended harsh discipline to keep the extra bodies in line, but then they were hardly proper mercs. Criminals and undisciplined criminals at that; ill-suited for proper operations, but perfect for being expended against similar delinquents. A win-win for CorpSec, by all accounts.

"I don't know, seat-polishing seems right-up these chitheads' alley." Adopting his best homicidal smile as his Farghul companion engaged the Weequay, Sar stood his ground but ducked out of the way at the last moment, foot driving into the back of the human's right knee.

Not giving one-eye the chance to recover, he moved in with a snarl, driving a fist into his chin and then his gut.

Spitting in the man's face, the mad smile remained. "I'd carve you up if Chief didn't need the bods to show those Brotherfethers what's for."

Nodding to Ms. CorpSec, he let up, a hand almost subconsciously fingering the hilt of a wicker-looking vibromachete. Giving the bikes a look over, he eventually picked out the most reliable-looking of the bunch - the last thing he needed was to be stuck in nowhere due to inept maintenance.

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Deryn Kaaldos Deryn Kaaldos

Pink fingers wrapped around the commlinks, her eyes following the refashioned blaster. Whoever this guy was, he seemed to have a clue what he was doing. She almost felt bad for lecturing him, but he did interrupt her. She nodded at the instructions. Easy enough to work into her plan. The force covered her again, and she was gone to the naked eye.

Her other leg swung over the edge of the small window, barely enough room to fit. Ripley's body contorted weirdly as she struggled to pull the rest of it through, before she was able to stand upright again. The dusty storage closet around her was in disarray, but she paid no mind as she opened the door. Her head peaked out, still invisible, before slinking into the hallway. She had no idea where their folks were, but hopefully she'd be able to find them. Just as she was probing the force, the alert from Maxer Shagar came through, saving her the trouble. Her own commlink opened a channel to the mysterious man from earlier.

<<I'm on the upper level, left side, about halfway down the building. Looks like we got some folk in the main part of the building- I'm heading their way.>>

Tags: Shira Varanin Maxer Shagar

The more she thought about it, the sharper the reality around her became. In the highly regimented work of the warehouse, their scuffle had turned into pure carnage. It was possible for the fight to have been missed in the moment, but eventually they were going to be discovered. And when that happened, a disguised Shira was only going to do so much to explain the three dead supervisors and the fleeing workers.

The problem was, she had no idea what to do about that.

In the heat of the moment, Daiya had been so sure of herself. Her choices were simple, her path was clear. All she had to do was take action, and that came naturally enough to the teen. She was never hesitant to rush straight into what needed to be done, and not always to her advantage.

When Tawrro was around, he had been good at holding her back when she was about to rush headlong into danger.

Well, her erstwhile Wookiee guardian wasn't here now, leaving Daiya to deal with the consequences of her own actions. Shared by Shira, and the other Forcer who came up to them in a similarly-inspired disguise, but still the results of what the girl had started. If she hadn't started talking, none of this would have happened.

The girl held herself quiet as Shira dressed, her silence inspired more now by guilt than fear. Daiya couldn't help but giggle at the woman's mention of flying a ship in her underwear, though it didn't help her sullen mood so much. The woman's confusion only stressed her own unsettled direction, so Daiya was happy when their other unwitting comrade invited them to come with him.

"That's good, my plan kinda ended at 'dress up,'" the girl admitted with a giggle. It brought a smile to her face, letting her tense frame relax again. "I'm Daiya, by the way. And yeah, we're Darkwire," the young shadowrunner confirmed. That also confirmed that he was not. "You can use the Force, does that mean you're some kind of Jedi?"

As silly as she found that cult of Force Wizards, Daiya still knew the tales of their power. She shrugged to herself, and stepped toward the man. They were both on the same side right now anyway. The girl then halted with a pensive look on her face, glancing down at herself and then up at her companion's disguises with a sheepish look on her face. "Uhh, I don't think one of those jumpsuits is going to fit me," she said, gesturing to theirs first and then hers. "And mine is a bit of a dead give-away."

In reality, the girl didn't feel too upset about that. She was used to Tawrro shooting down her ideas for a ruse anyway, something about how likely it was that anyone would believe a teenage girl wandering out on her own. If she had to guess, that probably went doubly so for one who was supposed to be conscripted by gangs to pack their illegal drugs. She picked up the third supervisor's weapon and held it between both hands, "I'll just hang back and shoot the ones you miss."

Daiya grinned at the light-hearted suggestion. It disappeared a moment later, replaced by an open-mouth of delight as the girl's face lit up with a new idea. "Or, or, or! You can say I'm in trouble and you're taking me to the guy in charge."

Whoever that was. She had been there for a week, with no indications of what the power structure looked like outside of her tiny little section. The girl just shrugged as she offered her weapon to the other two, she was sure they would figure it out somehow. She put on a fake, gruff voice and tapped her outstretched wrists together. "Take me to your leader."

Now this was a ruse that would have even met with an old Wookiee's approval, she was sure of it!

Shira Varanin

S
OBJECTIVE 1
Daiya Daiya Maxer Shagar

"So the Jedi and I are guards and you're one of the dangerous, dangerous troublemakers who just wreaked havoc down here?" Shira chuckled and shook her head. "As good a plan as any, kid"

One of the dead men had a pair of stun cuffs. Two minutes' work rigged them to function just fine until Daiya yanked a tiny strip of flimsiplast with her fingers or teeth, at which point the cuffs would die spectacularly.

"...by which I mean they'll stop working, and ten seconds later they'll explode. Freedom, then grenade. IN THAT ORDER." Shira left it to Daiya to cuff herself and hefted her rusty blaster. "Let's make this happen."

Objective: Opposition for objective 1
Tags: Daiya Daiya | Shira Varanin | Maxer Shagar | @anyone else inside the building

One could argue that Altier wasn't an important planet. And it was mostly true. It was a dusty scrap planet, that used to be mostly ruled by the local gangs. And from the outside, it still looked like it was ruled by the likes of the Kyber Khans, the Blaster Brotherhood or the Dragon Raiders. But in reality, the Corporate Authorities of Denon were pulling the strings.

"Are you saying you doubt the word of the Bursar?" Zamas was in the main office, belonging to the boss of this facility. He had told Zamas his name once, but the puppet-boss was too unimportant for the Sephi to remember his name. The puppet-boss often pretended to call the big shots himself, and it seemed he wanted to take control himself, thought that would never happen. And thus, he often disagreed with the orders he was given, as he had right now. "An attack is coming, sleemo. That is why I am here. To find out who is behind it, so we can make life very uncomfortable for them."

"I can hear yah say that, but shouldn'a the attack already come then?" replied the man in a heavy accented basic. He was stubborn, and brave in the face of danger, if nothing else. "I's already told yah, the Khans got the fething Brotherhood covered. Where else could'n attack come from?"

But as the puppet-boss was saying this, Zamas felt something. Somewhere in the building, something was happening. He could feel the vibrations as someone forcefully slammed into a wall, and the faint ripples of... waves, in the force. "So I real'y don't see-" the puppet-boss started, but Zamas turned to leave as he was mid sentance. "You'll have to excuse me, but I do believe the attack has started." Walking through the door, and moving to close it, he briefly turned his head around. "Stay here, with the door locked, until I return." And with that, he closed the door.

Pulling the hood up to cover his forehead, and putting on the cybernetic mask that concealed the lower parts of his face, Zamas moved towards where he had felt the actions coming from.

Maxer Shagar

M
OBJECTIVE 1

Some kind of Jedi? He had to fight back a smile at the girl, Daiya’s, question. “Yeah.” He said dryly. “Something like that.” Considering his job and what it usually entailed, some kind of Jedi was pretty spot on actually.

He watched the girl with a sense of amusement as she figured out what they should do. Normally he might protest at letting a teenager come up with the plan but the truth was, he didn’t have any set plans now that everything had gone awry. And it was kind of entertaining to see her enthusiastically spout ideas. The first idea wouldn’t work, however that last idea….

“That’s not a half bad idea. Let’s do it.” It should get them in the front door at least. He took the offered weapon from her hands and held it to his chest, taking the role of a churlish supervisor with ease. He frowned a little as Shira turned the girl’s handcuffs into a grenade, but refrained from commenting. They could take care of themselves. Though he would keep a closer eye on those handcuffs just in case.

He double checked his stolen jumpsuit for anything that would give them away easily but it seemed clean. Lightly grabbing the girl's elbow he steered her until she stood in front, flanked by him and Shira on either side. “Alright everyone, we’re heading inward until we reach the offices, be ready.” And with that, he began marching Daiya forward.

They barely made it off of the factory floor when they ran into a masked Zamas Nall Zamas Nall .

Maxer immediately stopped short when he caught sight of the masked man. He didn’t know who this was but considering the direction they were coming from... “Sir!” He called out in a distinctly uncultured voice. Holstering his weapon for a moment he snapped off the flimsy salute that he had seen the supervisors use before. “There’s been a bit of a commotion in line 3B. This girl.” He said, suddenly shaking Daiya by the collar. “Caused a whole fuss and took out some of the supervisors. But, don't worry.” He flashed a smile, acting like a subordinate who had done something he knew would please the boss. “We managed to get control of the situation. We was takin’ her to the boss now.”

He looked around the man, spotting the closed door at the end of the hallway. Bingo. He met the masked man’s eyes. “If he’s in, we’ll just be moving past ya then, sir.”

Tags: Daiya Daiya Shira Varanin

OBJECTIVE 2
Hira Mitsae Hira Mitsae Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx Zenric Salyn Zenric Yula Perl Yula Perl

"Oh, you know how it is, Xan, Zeltron stand-offs and all that, but we got it under control. Might be best if you let them land though, sneak up from the rear while we confront them from the front?"

Xandyr was already looking down at the bar. He hadn't missed the single blaster shot. Neither had the swoop gang going overhead.

"Understood. They don't look happy," Xandyr replied.

The bikes roared past him and stopped in the middle of the street opposite the bar. Xandyr stayed very still in the skeleton of the half-finished building.

They were heading for the bar with weapons drawn now. In one slow, smooth motion he raised his rifle. It took so much power that each shot drained a power pack and it could only hold six.

It did mean that as soon as the situation deteriorated the Khan gangster at the rear of the pack was going to vanish in a cloud of ash. Xandyr placed his finger on the trigger and waited.

Tags: Shira Varanin Maxer Shagar Zamas Nall Zamas Nall

Daiya beamed at the approval from Shira and the Jedi. It turned out that she wasn't so bad at this fending-for-herself thing after all. She might not be something like a Jedi or able to punch someone's face off, but the girl had her own talents she could put to use. Appearing as the innocent or a hapless youth had worked before, now she had to leverage all the punk-y rebellion that her shadowrunning experiences had imparted to her. Someone that the facility's management would buy as responsible for taking down supervisors on her own.

It took a bit of effort to manipulate the cuffs to close around her own wrists, and as they locked into place she felt the tickle of a small, electric charge ripple up her arms, followed by a surge of pain from her injured wrist. She nodded to Shira's instructions, before letting her expression sour and her chin tip down. The teen turned her uncomfortable wrist this way and that, but there was no position that the cuff didn't chafe against the red and puffy scab that crawled angrily out from her palm. Finally she just left it, channeling the irritation instead toward her acting.

Pairing it with her disheveled hair and filthy clothes, Daiya was certain that she looked the part of a disgruntled worker ready to murder someone.

"Freedom, then grenade," she repeated to Shira, parroting back the order so she remembered it, too. "Got it. Let's go."

Daiya kept her eyes on the floor as she was marched through the warehouse floor. Small pieces of scrap littered the ground, and she kicked at a few as they came within range. The girl grinned when her boot connected with a piece of debris, hearing the satisfying ping of the metal skittering across the duracrete floor.

A hand gripped her collar, shaking her while the Jedi explained the girl's presence to another pair of boots she spotted coming into view. Daiya lifted her head, the faint tinkling sound of the last piece of scrap still in her ears, and an amused grin on her haggard face. She flicked her eyes at the cyborg in front of them, some other supervisor perhaps. Hoping to add effect to the performance, she licked her lips at the sound of her supposed crimes.

If Daiya wasn't mistaken for a deranged, bloodthirsty teenager at the moment, she wasn't sure what else she could be.

She felt herself jostled forward again as one of her companions pushed her to move on. There wasn't much else for her to do yet, the cuffs grenade was a one-time deal, one that Daiya wanted to save for the manager's office. The girl was certain that neither Shira nor the Jedi wanted to get into a firefight on the floor of the warehouse, either.

In the Kyber Khans, though, pride was as much of currency as strength. If the supervisor wasn't going to buy their bluff, the trio just had to make it seem like they weren't worth the expense to stop. On another day, a particularly greedy supervisor might decide to grab Daiya, and the credit for turning her in, for himself.

Not today, she hoped, just not today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom