Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judgement

MnmIDyA.jpg

In the halls of The Viceroyalty delegates from their respective worlds would flow into the main chamber with a stoic intent. Today the Viceroyalty were not gathered to pass a bill or decide in a new law. Instead they were brought to one of their most important tasks, to bring another member of the Viceroyalty to justice. [member="Jorco Czeku"] was the Viceroy of Rodia and had been effectively fulfilling his station, yet something in the past months had forced the world to fall into a state of anarchy. Rodian clans had turned to savage war against each other leading to a dent made in their total population. Some of the clans were no longer in existence while others had fled the system entirely.

Worst amongst these findings was Jorco's inaction against the slaving industry rearing it's head on Rodia. While the Vicelord allowed most systems to govern themselves independently, even allowing the formation of whole Empires under his command, it was well known that [member="Darth Metus"] would flay any man who allowed slavery.

Luckily for Jorco it was not the Vicelord who presided over his trial, instead it was his Exarch, Adron Malvern who would be the ultimate decider of his fate. Adron was clad in ebony suit with the pin of The Confederacy on his lapel. His blue eyes fell over the crowd of The Viceroyalty that slowly made their way into the chambers. Many had decided to holo in their presence, as opposed to a physical trip. As this sort of thing was usually sorted rather quick there was no reason for a travel to Geonosis.

Adron placed a hand on his chin as he watched them enter. They had all been summoned with the knowledge of Jorco's crimes but most did not know it was recently found most of them had hard evidence. At the very least the Viceroy would lose his position, but in the worst case scenario he would be sentenced to death in the arena's of this very planet.

[member="Darth Metus"]
[member="Srina Talon"]
[member="Kip Ridel"]
[member="Alessandra Creed"]
[member="Xenro"]
[member="Adron Malvern"]
[member="Lyla Quinn"]
[member="Derek Dib"]
[member="Jasmine Zittoun"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]
[member="Amethyst Atreides"]
[member="Chikako Liona"]
[member="Galven Hansol"]
[member="Dalton Kenway"]
[member="Tamar M'Raki"]
[member="Jorco Czeku"]
[member="Petra Cavataio"]
[member="Cora deWinter"]
[member="Marcus Lund"]
[member="Vyra Silara"]
[member="Archim Calixis"]
[member="Tarssin Destat"]
[member="Antoine Rhys"]
[member="Artemys Hunter"]
[member="Cato Marek"]
[member="Caid Centurion"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"]

Zeke Tune

Your Secret Dark Obsession
Zeke was dressed in his finery as he entered the chambers quietly. He stood behind and to the side of Viceroy Flelix Dentorian, of Melida/Daan. He watched the fat man waddle into his seat, and stood behind him, the ever present servant. The artist was there, as part of the administrative aid staff. In this role, nothing more than a glorified manservant, but it suited the need, and desires. With gleeful delight, Zeke's gray eyes settled on the people and the proceedings. This would be a good chance to see what awaited him if he messed up, or overstepped his own bounds.

It was a lovely large hall, with so many colorful people entering it. Glorious almost. He wondered if he would gain any inspiration from the day, who could say what the punishment would be, and what it could entail! Oh, it sent tingles down his spine to be sure. However, his mind, his heart, expression, they stayed calm, stoic, settled onto the immediate job at hand. He was there to be summoned for the Viceroy if there was ever a need.

He stayed quiet, and attentive. This was a monumental day, after all. The ending of a life, either figuratively or literally, always was. Zeke should know.

Cato arrived at the building; a grand structure that he would hazard could please any rulers' aesthetic desires. Sitting dominantly among the landscape, it was unmistakably fit for the meeting of the highest of officials. But today, it would host something much less desirable. With how things were going, he half expected to have to deploy an army to Rodia.

Arriving at the entrance to the secure parking area, Cato maneuvered his speeder into an allocated spot. He didn't want to make a bad impression, certainly not in front of the Viceroyalty. It was only normal then that he wore formal clothing. He patted himself down to ensure there weren't any unwanted wrinkles.

Cato entered an elevator along with some other spectators "I haven't heard of one of these happening in a long while" one remarked to him.
Nodding, he replied "I've attended a few trials before, but not many of this caliber. But a Viceroy in this position? This might take a while."

Taking a seat in the great hall, Cato readied himself for the debate that was about to begin.

This trial had come as quite the surprise to the young monarch as she disembarked from her private shuttle, mainly due to her past interaction with Jorco, the Rodian being quite the charming man, caring and over all a just ruler. So to get a summon for such seroiuse crimes against his own world and the CIS? How some people changed, unless things were more complicated then what was shown at face value.

Though that was what they were here for right? to hear the trial, be given the facts, hear both sides of the story and then make a decision? Only time would tell, and thankfully time was something Chikako had a lot of, such also being quite the timely request as she was just on her way back from Tatooine after a certain event held by the military marshal.

She wore her simple white and pure dress, accompanied by two of her royal guards, a calm but still childish expression on her face as the small group made their way into the chamber. So far not many people had came in actual attendance only two men currently present, one was [member="Cato Marek"], quite a new from what she knew, military or something along those lines, the fleet she believed him to be in. She had heard some rumors that he wanted to be a Vicroy but as per CIS law was bared from it due being in the military.

The other, a 'large' man who was the Viceroy of Melida/Daan, not the most joy-est thing to look at, but never the least an important figure, the young princess giving a small curtsy to her fellow equal. "Good day to you Lord Dentorian, I hope the day has done you well".

[member="Zeke Tune"]

Zeke Tune

The administrative assistant, Zeke smiled at Cato and nodded. “I know, it's rather peculiar. I assume it must be something grave, or else a viceroy would never be exposed to this. When its over, come tell me your thoughts about it, if you desire, my lord.” His voice was quiet, polite, so as to not disturb the viceroy he was overseeing. Of course, true to his nature, Flelix didn't bother talking to Cato. Zeke knew his boundaries with Viceroy Dentorian, so talked, but didn't push the issue for long. He helped the Viceroy into his seat, and got a drink for the man.

It was then, Zeke noticed the princess approaching them. Gray eyes rest on her for a moment. She would make a wonderful portrait. However, he had great propriety, and placed his right hand over his chest, and bowed deeply. The artist had great respect for his betters in society and no problem giving it. Besides, its entirely possible her planet housed several of his clients. His art was in high demand, after all. The darkly clad man doesn't speak, instead, allowing the Viceroy to do so, as was his station.

Flelix was not an imposing man. A bit heavy set, balding, tanned of face, dark hair and eyes. He was immaculately dressed. As he stood up, and bowed to the princess, he gave a warm smile. “Princess Liona, it is my honor.” The man's voice was deep, booming, warm, and friendly. “My day is well. Though, this news has me for a shock. Lord Czeku's company was one that tried to help stop the spread of the disease on my planet, and has helped tremendously in the reconstruction effort. A good man. I am just not sure what to make of all this.” His hand waves about at the room.

“It makes little sense to me. I'll try and keep a fair and open mind to all the evidence, I just find it hard to believe. What are your thoughts on this, your highness?” The Viceroy doesn't mention his aid, nor take note of the bodyguards for the princess in any way, instead, giving her his full attention. At the moment, nothing else mattered than this conversation.

[member="Chikako Liona"]
[member="Cato Marek"]

Jorco was already in his seat by the time others were coming in. Sitting alone, his hands together on his lap behind a table with his name card on it. Today he wore a navy blue pinstripe suit. However, unlike his usual clothes he ditched wearing any exotic flower on his lapel. Finding that it'd be a rather tacky fashion choice while on trial.

Speaking of which, Jorco was in a rather unfavorable position at the moment. Being charged with what was essentially planetary neglect. However, he was aware that there was still some details that he needed to present to give a fuller picture. To the Rodian, this is a case of someone trying to do the right thing and having it back fire completely.

One should understand that Rodia is naturally a difficult planet to govern, so many clans that have thousands of years of hate towards one another. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, it was just unfortunately under his governance.

At the moment, Jorco just had to play it smooth and not get himself into any more poo-doo then he was already in. Considering what he was here for, he knew he wasn't gonna be let off easily, not without some serious consequences.

[member="Zeke Tune"]
[member="Chikako Liona"]
[member="Cato Marek"]

The datapad was as paper in his hands.

Built to last and sturdy, the device was simply a messanger. An electronic bearer of horrendous news that did not deserve an untimely demise. And yet, as the Vicelord's sulfuric gaze burned over the screen, his mind because a cocktail of wrath. His visage contorted as a snarl claimed his lips. His fingers clutched tightly the form of the datapad. If not for the timely arrival of an attending Droid, the messanger would have crumbled as a slice of paper within his grasp. Instead, it was set upon his desk with a huff before ascension gripped the Sith's form. What infuriated Darth Metus about the state of Rodia was not the presence of slavery within his borders. No, what frustrated him to no end was whose negligence was responsible.

[member="Jorco Czeku"].

That Rodian, of all the Viceroyalty, was one that the Sith thought he could rely on. He was resourceful and bold. He was a veteran of their first Tatooine offensive. He had been there since practically the beginning - and thus Darth Metus looked upon him favorably. However, the image that had formed in the Sith's mind about the Rodian had been shattered. And now, it was time for judgement. When the appointed hour came, Darth Metus sat behind his apprentice. The proceedings would fall under the jurisdiction of the Exarch this time, and so the Vicelord would only contribute to the overall decision.

This is what we get for lowering our guard. he mused, burning the telepathic thought into his Apprentice's psyche. We will be far more diligent. Far less lenient.

For now, the Sith did not even look at the Rodian - his eyes simply bored into the back of Darth Malphas' skull.

[member="Jorco Czeku"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Zeke Tune"] | [member="Cato Marek"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Chikako Liona"]​

blood1.png

Chikako rose from her crusty, looking back to Lord Dentoiran giving a small smile though not enough to detract from the current and quite serious event that was soon to take place. "Yes I was very shocked by such information, I do not know a lot about Mister Czeku but considering all the work he has done for your planet the man is certainly a caring man". "In addition, the few times that I did meet with him, most notably at a ball, the Rodian was quite the charming and well cultured individual... so yes to hear about the state of Rodia, certainly not new I'd expect any time soon". She had kept her pose regal and polite, arms neatly behind her back while conversing with the other Vicroy.

"I have a feeling that such problems facing the planet may have been caused by issues on in Czeku's control, I believe that their is a logical explanation behind all of this, but still as of now even if he is able to explain everything I doubt that the man will maintain his title". "Further more if the planet as in such ire straights, why did he tell no one else? surely the other planets nearby would have been able to lend support to help keep the peace". She had already done something similar by sending a regiment of infantry to Tatooine in order to quell a Hutt Lord that though it could do business under the CIS noses. Regardless the past was the past, Chikako only giving a small sigh before turning back to the Vicroy and his associate.

Giving a quick glance around her eyes noted the person of interest in sitting at his table, waiting for the coming judgment, along with he supreme head of authority [member="Darth Metus"] himself. "Well anyways, perhaps we should take our seats now and prepare for the session ahead of us, if your planet is in need of any help my world would be more then willing to lend aid". "After all both our worlds are quite devastated in their own ways, such could lead to an interesting partnership in futures, years, just something to think of later, but for the time being I must beg my leave". Giving another curtsy the young monarch made way to her own designated area, sitting down in a very refined and lady like manner while her body guard stood just behind, both waiting patiently for the coming trial.

[member="Jorco Czeku"][member="Zeke Tune"]

The Vicelord arrived, taking a place behind Adron. It was not a surprise, though Adron was the head of these events it was [member="Darth Metus"] perogative to join on any Confederate function. While he may not attend every hearing or see every bill passed to it's completion there was one thing that would surely drive him to attendence. Slavery. It was an unspoken law that the Exarchs would inform Darth Metus of such evils wherever they tried to rise within Confederate territory. The man's burning passion to the archaic form of servitude was well known and feared. For Adron, he understood that slaving was a capable means to an ends yet in the end it had far too many drawbacks to be utlizied in large society and if it was not condusive to society the Exarch had no reason to argue with Metus. So perhaps he was more objective in that regard, yet the state of Rodia infuriated the man beyond reason. As a Viceroy tasked to oversee the prosperity of the world, Jorco had failed, and it may well cost him his life.

Stepping forward, Adron's hand took the small ear piece that laid on the main podium. After setting up the intercomm and linking the podiums terminal with the Viceroyalty's various datapads he would raise a hand to signal the beginning of the Forum.

"Silence, please." He called out, mostly testing the mic as the low mumbles in the room died down into unheard whispers. "Thank you."

Rather than remain behind his podium, Adron stepped forward into the small platform surrounded by the various delegates. His ebony and amethyst robes flowed freely while he spoke out to the gathered Viceroy's. "Thank you all for coming. As I am sure you all have business to attend we will try to make this initial meeting as brief as we can." There was a momentary pause before Adron eyed the Rodian before him. "Over the past few months shocking reports have come in from a planet within The Confederacy." Adron raised a hand in a nonchalant signal, as a hologram was projected above him, hovering several feet over the main platform was an image of Rodia, the planet Jorco had been tasked with overseeing.

"Rodia. A planet within our borders, a swampy, jungle filled planet with a rather difficult climate and considerate economic needs. It's people are certainly no strangers to war and violence however until recently these events have been kept under control. Almost a year ago a civil war was started on this planet, a civil war that is still ongoing. This war has resulted in the death of thousands and the near extinction of Rodian clans that have existed since before the time of the Gulag plague." Adron's voice was heated with a passion of anger, that could be felt by each member of The Viceroyalty.

"Viceroy, [member="Jorco Czeku"] please rise." Adron motioned for the Rodian to stand, before his arms were clasped tightly behind his back. "Viceroy Czeku is the Governor of Rodia. Due to his inaction and failure to keep the peace his planet has fallen into a pit of war and strife. Viceroy Czeku has not reported any of these events to the Viceroyalty so we could arrange aid or military support, nor has he made sanctions condemning this civil war. His inaction has led to the rise of slavery within our own worlds."

"Viceroy Czeku. As Governor of Rodia do you understand that failure to keep the peace and consistent inaction makes you liable for the crimes and state of your people?" Adron would ask, his eyes peering at him indifferently. "You will be held accountable and you will answer to all crimes you have committed."

Adron turned from the Rodian before adressing the rest of The Viceroyalty. "However, you will be allowed to speak for your case. If it is found that events transpired out of your control you may receive a lighter punishment."

"Be that as it may. Viceroy Czeku you are charged with inability to sustain your planet's economy, allowing your planet to fall into civil war, the death and extinction of over three Rodian clans, failure to report to The Assembly, and negligence of station. If you are found guilty of all accounts you will be sentenced to die. Before the Vicelord and The members of the Viceroyalty I here by suspend all powers granted to you by the Office of the Vicelord."

Turning back to his podium, Adron raised a hand which reoleased the hologram that flowed above them. "This case is now open to discussion. Viceroy Czeku, your opening statement please?"

[member="Chikako Liona"][member="Zeke Tune"][member="Cato Marek"]

Jorco watched and listened to Exarch [member="Adron Malvern"] has he began the trial. Hearing what he was being charged with and the various crimes it included. Of course when the Exarch told him to rise he did so. As he stood his pupiless eyes looked around the room at the various bureaucrats and viceroys in the room. Which all gave a very oppressive feeling for whoever was on trial, in this case being him.

Soon Adron told the Rodian to speak, Jorco brought a hand over his chest and nodded to the Exarch, giving him a respectful Rodian salute before speaking. "I Jorco Czeku was a Rodian born off world, this I tell you all because on my planet it is no longer a secret. I was born away from my people and without a clan. I didn't develop strong ties with either before joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems as a viceroy." For anyone who knew of Rodian culture and society, a Rodian born off world was kind of a big deal, especially for one in his position. "However, without these strong clan ties I believed I could be a better leader, not being bogged down by one clan or another. I had kept my status of being born from emigrants a secret on my planet so that Rodia and her people could see me as one of their own."

"But knowing of what kind of destruction and conflict could come from the clans in their endless feuds I knew I had to do something. Something to put an end to it. Early in my position as Viceroy of Rodia I'd started a new department under my administration. The Deployment of Unity Project, or D.U.P. for short. It was my effort to try and bring peace Rodian, her clans, and her people." Jorco paused himself for a moment, and took a deep breath. "However, the wounds of Rodia's clan history ran too deep, and the various would have non of my intervention into their feuding. Soon after my status of being born off world had become public knowledge. The clans had begun to believe that I, an offworlder was here to tear apart all of what made Rodia what it was. So for once, Rodia seemed united, united by hate, hatred against me."

Looking around at the fellow Viceroys and Exarch, he continued. "I want you to understand that my administration and I had done what we could to quell the violence. But the power of Rodia's clans run deep, and soon the entire federal government collapsed, and the clans soon targeted each other, and that's when the violence truly got out of hand." What he wanted people to understand that to him what had happened to the planet wasn't caused by negligence but by circumstance. In Rodia a Grand Protector can try to act with all the power in the world, but once they'd lost the backing of the clans the government would become localized.

"That is all for my opening statement..." Jorco concluded.

[member="Chikako Liona"]
[member="Darth Metus"]
[member="Zeke Tune"]
[member="Cato Marek"]

Chikako was well seated and comfortable as the trial started, legs crossed, hands neatly folded on her lap as [member="Adron Malvern"] came to the floor asking for silence before speaking. He certainly seemed a little pissed off from what she could tell, listening intently to the spiel about the dealings on the planet, it certainly sounded back, much worse then what had been rumored so far. Still one thing was to not about the mans initial argument, he did not give reason for why this civil war started, only the outcome on death and slavery, it made her interesting in the Rodians side of the story.

Thankfully the man had his chance, the once proud and prominent standing up to defend or explain his actions, a civil war didn't just start for no real reason after all. What came was... informative, she was not aware of how unstable the planet was, it kind of made her wonder how the CIS was able to attain control without a rebellion. That was unless the say the CIS as invaders which united the people, until Jorco came along. Truth be told his reasoning did make some sort of sense, if a leader said one thing but turned out to be no one could lose faith in the government, which often lead to problems.

Even so, at the end of the day he did nothing, no deployment of the military, no asking the CIS for help, heck if the man had told the Viceroy in time the Knight Obsidian could have been deployed to take care of the ring leader and suppress the uprising. With both parties spoken the floor was left open for someone else, Chikako being the first to rise, giving a small curtsy as eyes were placed upon her. "Good day to you all, as some of you know I am Princess Chikako of Tythe, I stand before you as one of those that will past judgement today". "Mr Czeku, you have indeed explained why the events on your world have took place took place and the troubles routed deep in the people, but even so such is not enough".

"You failed to report these matters to the CIS at large and make it known to those who may have been capable of sorting this matter out peacefully". "Though some sort of heavy occupation by the Military may not be ideal such would have prevented the war you are now faced with". "Unfortunately I will a have to take Mr Malverns side in this debate, but... I would seek that you obtain a lighter sentence due to these issue being out of your control, that is all I have to say". As quickly as she rose the young white haired women returned to her seat, awaiting the next speaker.

[member="Jorco Czeku"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Zeke Tune"]

As Adron listened to Jorco speak there was certainly a part of the man who knew the Rodian was not some Viceroy who merely let his world drift into chaos. He had been pressed with his back to the wall and came out defeated, a sad situation to be in but one the Rodian would have to accept as his own. After Jorco finished speaking, Adron took a look down at the terminal, noticing another viceroy had requested a turn to speak. It was the Princess of Tythe no less. The woman had always taken a certain interest in the dealings of The Viceroyalty, always showing up in person rather than a simple holoimage in her stead. Adron looked to Jorco, nodding as he finished his opening statement. "Thank you, Viceroy Czeku. Your cooperation with this trial is noted." He assured him, before he gestured up to the Viceroy of Tithe. "Viceroy Liona, you may speak."

As the lithe woman stood to speak Adron took note of her focus. She seemed to be in a similar mind as Adron. Why had this situation been able to advance to such staggering results? If the Viceroy had followed a proper order of events the worst situation would be a total military occupation of the world, perhaps he was trying to avoid that?

As the woman retook her seat, having said her piece Adron nodded silently toward her in acknowledgement. There was a lull of silence as Adron gazed at Jorco searchingly. Was this man, who was bred from the undergrounds of the galaxy, truly fit to be a Viceroy in the first place?

"Viceroy Czeku, why did you not report Rodia's situation to The Viceroyalty or The Office of The Vicelord? Aid could have been dispatched to your world or a military force sent to prevent hostilities. You must have saw the signs of conflict before they began, what stopped you from acting?"

"Also, I would like to hear more about your Deployment of Unity Project. Was this intended to unify the world outside of it's natural clan system? Why did it fail?" Adron's questions were direct, yet he left time for the Rodian to speak as well. He would not be bombarded, this trial would proceed steadily and fairly.

[member="Chikako Liona"][member="Jorco Czeku"][member="Darth Metus"][member="Zeke Tune"][member="Cato Marek"]

Zeke Tune

Watching the proceedings carefully, Zeke took careful note of the questions, of what parts of what happened seemed to be what drew their wrath. It wasn't the violence, it was the lack of contact, the lack of asking for help when things fell out of control. It was a sad thing. The man leaned forward, and looked at Lord Dentorian. Shaking his head, he smirked, putting a finger to his lips.

Flelix Dentorian stayed quiet for now, wanting to hear the answers, before bringing up his own comments. The fat man raised his hand to Zeke, who promptly placed a glass of some type of iced tea into it. Zeke had to keep playing the part, but, it was worth it for the knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom