Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Jenja-class Defence Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
ss7hdUYh.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Provide the Sith Empire and VCH with a small but capable defence platform.
  • Image Source: DeviantArt | KaranaK
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose Defence Platform
  • Length: 47.7 metres
  • Width: 63.6 metres
  • Height: 29.6 metres (Excl. Antennas)
  • Armament: Moderate
    [4] Turbolasers [Can be exchanged for [4] Quad Laser Cannons]
  • [4] Dual Laser Cannons [Can be exchanged for [2] Turbolasers]
  • [2] Variable Warhead Launch Tubes [Can be exchanged for [2] Turbolasers]
  • [2] Tractor Beam Projectors

[*]Defences: Moderate
[*]Hangar: Very High [1]
  • [1] Starfighter Squadron
  • [1] External Landing Pad

[*]Manoeuvrability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Low [6]
STANDARD FEATURES
  • The Jenja-class is outfitted with all the features and facilities one would expect for a station of its size and purpose, including but not limited to:
    An extensive sensor array.
  • Personnel tractor beam projectors.
  • Facilities to house up to three squads of Legionnaires, the station staff, the pilots, and up to a dozen prisoners in a cramped but secure brig.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • Well-Rounded: Sporting above average armaments, reliable defences, and few obvious weak spots, the Jenja-class is able to designed to go toe-to-toe with everything from starfighters to corvettes, or even larger capital ships when in groups.
  • Deployment Post: With its full squadron of starfighters and complement of Legionnaires, the Jenja-class is well suited for everything from fighting off raiders in space, to responding to planetside insurrections, to boarding vessels in search of contraband or fugitives.
  • Stop Right There: Primarily in order to supplement one of its primary roles, that being that of a customs station, the Jenja-class is outfitted with two tractor beam projectors.
Weaknesses:
  • Nigh-Immobile: While capable of maintaining its orbit and slowly repositioning itself, the Jenja-class is not going to outrun anything other than a bigger, bulkier station, or perhaps a clumsy spacewalker tumbling through empty space.
  • Slow Hyperdrive: While it does possess a hyperdrive, the device is not only slow, it also has an unusually high spool up time, the reason for this being that a particularly compact model was chosen to make room for more Legionnaires, supplies, and amenities. Considering how rarely these stations move, this has proven to be a popular, if perhaps tactically unsound, decision.
  • Criminal Scum: While capable of stopping most smaller civilian vessels, at least when working together, the tractor beam projectors struggle against military-grade engines, and trying to use them on anything around the same size as or bigger than the station itself is highly unlikely to work unless their engines are knocked out first.
Description:
For too long, the Sith Empire had relied on a poorly optimised and unstandardised space stations acquired from a wide range of sources. With the creation of the gargantuan Bulkwark-class Defence Platforms, this would change. These vast defence platforms, however, were unable to be deployed to all but the most important worlds. In the vastness between them, the designs of old still reigned supreme; good enough for most star nations, perhaps, but not for an Empire that prided itself on its naval superiority.

Sensing an opportunity to expand his influence, be of assistance to the Empire, and make a profit in the process, Adrian Vandiir instructed the engineering division of his namesake company to develop a new line of space stations for use by the Sith Empire and a small number of carefully vetted customers. Sparing no expense when it came to design and quality assurance, numerous designs were discarded or modified beyond recognition, until only a small but versatile group of concepts remained.

First and smallest of these was the Jenja-class Defence Platform, a capable little beast capable of serving as everything from a customs and/or monitoring station on the frontiers of Sith-Imperial space to a part of one of the massive defence grids that envelop the Empire's most important worlds. Owing to this variability of purpose, the station utilises a highly modular design, allowing everything from the weapons systems to the crew quarters to be exchanged and modified, with some more drastic modifications including stations controlled in their entirety by Tsudakyr and stations modified to save space by being usable solely in-atmosphere, typically to serve airborne garrisons on especially hostile worlds.

[member="Adrian Vandiir"], for judging purposes, I'm going to treat this as a 50 meter corvette. Based on that, it looks like we're one rating too high. Is there a certain weakness that you're trying to use to balance this out?

Otherwise, we can always balance this out by reducing a rating, lowering production, or adding a significant weakness.

Gir Quee said:
for judging purposes, I'm going to treat this as a 50 meter corvette. Based on that, it looks like we're one rating too high.

I'm not sure I follow. Aside from hangar size (or squadron count), the balancing of ratings would be identical regardless of size, no? Are you saying that the Hyperdrive doesn't affect the rating at all, or are you saying that some strength or another is significant enough to require the lowering of a rating? (For the record, I'm well aware that balancing ratings alone is no guarantee for approval.)

[member="Adrian Vandiir"], hyperdrive doesn't come into play for balancing purposes for capital ships, unless it's noticeably faster than normal. If it's faster than x1, then we typically ask for a rating reduction or the addition of a significant weakness. There are no rating bonuses for slow hyperdrives though, because it largely doesn't affect gameplay, especially for space station, which largely is going to be immobile.

[member="Gir Quee"], understood. I will take that into account for future submissions.

I reduced the armament rating to Moderate and scrapped two warhead launch tubes; no idea whether the weapon count is balanced or not, but I figured it doesn't really matter since people mostly look at the rating anyway. Due to the lowering of the armament rating, I consolidate the Armament and Defences strengths into a single one, namely "Well-Rounded".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom