Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jedi's Second Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackson-tjota-fb-jenna.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new and interesting suit of body armor to sell to desperate Force Users across the galaxy
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: NA
Primary Source: Witchbane Shields, Osik'la Kalikir,

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: House Larraq Plate and Blade
Model: B'jetii T'ad Pel'gam "Jedi's Second Skin"
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: None
Production: Semi-Unique
Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Leather Body Armor
Weight: Light
Resistances: Metal Plates / Chainmail / Leather
  • Blasters: Very High / Very High / High
  • Kinetic (Piercing): Very High / Very High / High
  • Kinetic (Bludgeoning): High / Average / Low
  • Lightsabers: Very High / High / Average
  • (Non-mental) Force Attacks: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Good reflex augmentation
  • Wrist and Shin Plating can 'reflect' force attacks
  • Leather Jacket is Force Dead, and immune to the effects of many force-based attacks
  • Leather Pants are Force Dead, protecting knees and groins from the dreaded "Force Crush"
  • Allows the wearer to 'walk on walls' (but man is it murder on the ankles and calves)
Weaknesses:
  • Enchantments are disabled while within a Force Nullification field
  • Force Dead Leather can still be effected by some abilities, such as Force Lightning and Force Net
  • Metal Plating only protects forearms and shins
  • Chainmail only protects torso and upper arms
  • Knees, upper legs and pelvic area offers only 'Low' protection
  • No helmet
DESCRIPTION

Intended as a product to sell to Jedi, either those allied with Mandalorian interests or those who had something of value to trade with House Larraq, Jedi's Second Skin is a very light suit of body armor that incorporates a mixture of rune engravings, force enchanted fabric, force dead leather, and beskar plating. The bottom-most layer of the armor is comprised of a simple fabric bodysuit. This article of clothing is lightly padded and offers good airflow, and is primarily intended for the comfort of the wearer. Above this, a thin pair of tight-fitting leather pants is adorned and secured with a belt and a pair of thick leather boots is worn. On the wearer's torso, a tight fitting, long sleeve shirt of chainmail is adorned. Above this shirt, a sleeveless leather jacket is worn and secured at the waist by a belt. This jacket is thickly armored (for leather) along the chest and the rest of the torso and includes a pair of large-ish pads of armor for the shoulders. The wearer then secures leather bracers to their wrists and forearms that include a thin plate of Beskar armor. Similar plating adorns the boots that go with this armor.

Made with a combination of mystical crafting techniques, Jedi's Second Skin leather armor host an interesting mixture of beneficial enhancements and protective tricks. First and foremost, the Beskar plating that adorns the wrists and shins of the wearer are engraved with runes written in the dialect of the ancient Taung. These runes endow the plates of Beskar with the unique ability to reflect the projected spells common to Sith sorcerers away from the wearer when blocked properly. With practice and skill, these reflected spells can be directed back towards the original caster of the spell by the wearer of this armor. The second enchantment upon the component parts of this armor would be the Jal Shey enchantment upon the leather boots. This enchantment enables the wearer to have their feet stick to any surface, similar to how magnetic boots function (without the reliance upon a metal surface). With these boots, the wearer of this armor can walk on walls or up the side of a tree, or even hang from a ceiling (assuming the object they are sticking to can support their weight).

The fabric underlay for this suit offers a perception and reflex enhancing enchantment known as 'Fight Sight'. With this, the wearer is aided slightly in their ability to predict the path of incoming attacks and gives them a marginal head start on their reflexive responses to those attacks. For the leather jacket (and belts), there is no mystical augmentation available. This is because the leather itself comes from a vong-formed monstrosity native to Wayland that is an abomination upon the force, forever disconnected from it. This effect carries over to its leather hide, and provides the leather vest/jacket with a unique immunity to force-based attacks without dampening the effects of any nearby enchantments.

Mishka Larraq said:
Leather Jacket is Force Dead, and immune to the effects of force-based attacks
There are several force abilities which impact force dead beings - I am also uncertain if a dead being or skin/hide/leathers made from a force dead being (i.e; yuuzhan vong) actually remain force dead. The latter I have less of an issue with, the former needs to be addressed. Things like Force lightning are able to effect force dead entities, such as Yuuzhan Vong.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

I wasn't aware of that. (The lightning thing)
I can tinker with it and specify what sort of abilities the jacket protects against and what abilities it doesn't, but I'm not aware of what abilities would be appropriate for it to be ineffective against.

If you tell me which abilities can hurt Vong, I can work that list into the sub.

EDIT:

In terms of Force Dead... I'm aware of two competing theories regarding its nature. One theory is that "The Force" is a localized phenomenon for the SW Galaxy in particular and that nothing born from elsewhere is connected to The Force. The other theory is that the force analog for the Vong's galaxy considered the Vong species as "unworthy" and actively isolated them from the force and prevented them from being connected to it in any way. This second theory includes the theory that at any point, Zonama Sekot can decide that any given Vong is worthy of being connected to the Force and "un-isolate them". The first theory (or a derivative of it) is supported by the "Vong Sense" ability, which is basically an ability learned by Jedi that involves "sensing" a different "frequency" of 'The Force', and that Vong are connected by that alternative version of 'The Force'. So, if you can tap into that alternative version of the Force... you can hit Vong will the full range of Sith/Jedi abilities.

Either way, the canon as I'm aware of it is that their disconnection to "the Force" has to do with their physical biology and is not an "active ability", such as the ability produced by Ysalamiri. As such, it shouldn't necessarily dissipate once the creature is dead and would fall in line with what Chaos already accepts as "chaos canon" regarding Alchemized Leather being able to carry over the abilities the creature possessed in life unto the leather itself, or (in some cases) the person wearing the leather. Or, that's my take on it anyway. IMO, Force Dead leather would function similarly to how Chaos accepts Terentatek Leather as functioning, but without requiring Alchemy to create.

Mishka Larraq said:
If you tell me which abilities can hurt Vong, I can work that list into the sub.
According to the Yuuzhan Vong article, variations of Force Lightning and the sith ability known as Force net are exempt from the separation of Vong from the force. There could be more, but the article mentions this in a single sentence and I think just those two are more than enough to list.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Changed strength section regarding Force Dead Jacket so that it specifies "most" abilities, instead of implying "all" abilities.

Added a weakness mentioning that the Force Dead Jacket can still be effected by some abilities, such as Force Lightning and Force Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom