Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Jedi Master & Writing Companion

Alysia Shields

A
I made this character a little while ago now and I've been dreaming toying with the idea of writing out an apprenticeship between her and a Jedi Master of some kind.

Despite the two Faction's she's in, Alysia has yet to really make an appearance in any major detail, so she can be flexible with the faction that her prospective Master's own Faction/Loyalties.

This is very much a start-from-scratch character concept and so I'm interested in exploring a narrative unique and set apart from my other characters.

Writing pace may vary from time to time, given all things life and ongoing Invasions, but I'm easy to work with (I think), and excited by the thought of what could be for Alysia Shields, given the right guidance along the Jedi Path.

Alysia Shields

A
Do you know what sort of Jedi you’re thinking of her being?

Originally I had her set to be technology-focused in order to be able to bypass security, access restricted area's as well as being able to salvage and repair whatever she set her mind to. The Playby that I've used for her is a very turbulent character, not in the sense of being a bad person but very often having blurred moral lines and exploring that sense of rebellious young adult while keeping to the Jedi way.

She'd be more of a pest to her enemies, than what they might consider a real threat. Sabotaging their systems and making life hard for them, rather than being a direct combatant.

Are you looking for an Apprentice Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun ?

That makes sense then! That’s a good style of Jedi then, lots of fun opportunities and things you can do with that. I had one like that for a while before I had to trim down my character list.

And it depends on the character and such. Tiland is very much… not tech savvy, shall we say. I don’t think he even owns a comlink. I’m trying to think which Jedi are also very techy and ambiguous.

Alysia Shields

Alysia Shields

A
Sure you don’t want her to be a Jensaarai instead? ;)

Well a Padawan doesn't specifically have to align with their Master's skills, but rather compliment them ;) If Tiland lacks any technology then perhaps Alysia could cater to that need.

Could you please explain the Jensaarai to me, compared to the Jedi? Like I said, she's a bit of a clean slate so I'm open to ideas.

Well a Padawan doesn't specifically have to align with their Master's skills, but rather compliment them ;) If Tiland lacks any technology then perhaps Alysia could cater to that need.

Could you please explain the Jensaarai to me, compared to the Jedi? Like I said, she's a bit of a clean slate so I'm open to ideas.
Lilanna is a tech junky Mechu Deru user, so if that's to your liking let me know. Always wanted do some apprentice writing :)

Alysia Shields

A
Lilanna is a tech junky Mechu Deru user, so if that's to your liking let me know. Always wanted do some apprentice writing :)

Is Lilanna a Jedi/Lightside in alignment?

My main prerequisite is that Alysia is given a mentor with a high moral compass, or at the very least someone who is a lightsider.

I'm tapped out for anything else, I'm not used to playing Darksiders but Valen's taken up that role suitably. I'm looking for something closer to my norm here in terms of alignment!

That is a very fair point!

The Jensaarai… depends on what sources. In Legends, they were more a splinter cult of Jedi that also integrated Sith teachings and practices, like their armor. All about secrecy, survival, and protecting Susefvi. Here on Chaos, with Veino, I’ve expanded them quite a bit. Still fairly Gray, but more of a Light-Gray with almost a combination of Bushido and ninjitsu influence. Much more pragmatic than the Jedi, but still devoted to the greater good of protection and the innocents, although they do it in a much espionage style than the Jedi do.

Some of their uniquely cultural skills are their armor, which are Light-based versions of ancient Sith battlearmor, ballistakinesis that uses telekinesis to focus on precision control of many small objects, and their own form of Force cloaking that hides from both visual detection and technological sensors. So, that’s sort of emblematic of their three main philosophies: defense and protection; acting in secrecy, and essentially acting as a force-multiplier to be highly effective in very small numbers.

Is Lilanna a Jedi/Lightside in alignment?

My main prerequisite is that Alysia is given a mentor with a high moral compass, or at the very least someone who is a lightsider.

I'm tapped out for anything else, I'm not used to playing Darksiders but Valen's taken up that role suitably. I'm looking for something closer to my norm here in terms of alignment!
She's someone who broke out of Sith indoctrination and relearned her connection to the force. If you asked her, she'd say she's a grey jedi, but the mindset and ideals that she holds to are definitely lightsided; letting go of passions, being one with the force, absolving onself of emotion. Though there are elements of her past that she's working to fully overcome. She's very much not a darksider however.

Alysia Shields

A
Waves Jensaarai flag

The Jensaarai does sound like a group that would accommodate for Alysia's personality and writing style, to be honest. They also sound very interesting as a concept and given I've never actually written a Jensaarai before, I'd be very keen to go down that road if you'd like to write with this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom