Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Convention - 851ABY (open to all Jedi)

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

She nodded with a grin.

"For sure Mister Merrill. If you ever have need of a favor, consider me at your disposal."

She paused and then continued.

"I'm also looking for a little help on a project of mine. I know your Sister Rave made a belt similar from the Belt of Bodo Bass. I'd like to make a pistol rig that can hold six pistols and two rifles. Obviously this would heavy, but I like options. Its heavy and I'd like to cut down on some of that weight via the force. Is there any way that you might be able to help me out with access to her notes? I know you are busy, so shoot me a holo-message if that's doable. I'm gonna go check out the gun shop."

She pointed her thumb in Kaels direction.

She moved on to the next station, eyeing [member="Kael Rose"].

She looked over his weapons mods, turning them over in her hands and then glanced up.

"I'm looking to see what you can do with a DL-44. Here's my version."

She drew her pistol, placing it on the table.

"Any ideas?"

@Eriond @Senari Gravis [member="Zark"]

Cargo Bay Three

Name Trextan Voidstalker
Looking for Instructor X
Looking for Student ____
Looking for Sparring Partner X
Barter and Trade ___
Services Offered _______

This wasn't what Trextan had expected. If asked to describe what he had expected, he might have described a scene of robed Jedi sat in a circle meditating together. There had been none of that. There were, however, some decidedly shady looking characters hawking their wares and trinkets.

I'm wearing a name tag, he thought to himself. He looked down at it once more as if to convince himself that he hadn't imagined that. He was definitely sporting a name tag. A few he had passed had made comment on the name. One man had even gone as far as pointing out that he hadn't realised Jacen had a son but now he could see the resemblance.

Trextan wished they didn't have name tags.

The young Jedi had been looking over some training drones for sale. They promised an even greater sting and more accuracy to keep padawans in shape. He hoped no one at the Order had seen them yet. His attention was drawn away from the stands to the spontaneous training session that was starting on the floor. He turned to watch, politely curling his hands up together behind his back.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Vaudin watched the cloud of hyperspace calmly as he sipped his third glass of old jack. The warning claxon started its whinning screech. He took his feet off the empty co-pilots seat and watched as real space snapped into existence. It wasn't long before he found himswlf docked and standing infront of an old rust bucket of a droid.

"Name badge sir." The droid might have said but to Vaudin it was a bit fuzzy.

"Thanks, sport." Vaudin said as he used the droid as a surface to fill the thing out.

Name ___Capt. Vaudin Miir_______
Looking for Instructor _No, yer mom had me.__
Looking for Student _Meh__
Looking for Sparring Partner _Drinking partner__
Barter and Trade _2 cases of Telosian Brandy__
Services Offered ____Star mapping, cargo Salvage etc.________

Vaudin placed the tag on his shoulder for no good reason and sauntered/stumbled forth to see who he could see.

"Jorus!" He yelled as his head began to feel a little light. Must have been the water he had an hour ago getting to him. "You owe my two drinkths."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jay grabbed a nametag and sauntered into the bar. Erm, sorry. The Bow. Eager to try his hand at all the latest Jedi mixed drinks and alchemically boosted magical liquors. Mmm. Yum. The Knight grabbed a stool and lifted a finger towards the bar man. Probably a robot.

"Yo. Beer mate! Thanks."

Yeah. This was going to be a good Jedi moot. He couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Name ___Jay_Masaki
Looking for Instructor ___N
Looking for Student ___N
Looking for Sparring Partner ___Y plz
Barter and Trade ___N
Services Offered ___Piloting

Cargo Hold Three

It didn't take Zark long to pick on the unique difficulties [member="Eriond"] was having with a strictly visual learning experience, and as he gently nudged the boy in several places to achieve a more precise imitation of of Niman's opening stance he resolved to be more descriptive with his language so his student would not get frustrated with vague or incomplete instructions. Taking a step back, the Knight scrutinized the results. Well, the boy was no Master Cin Drallig, but given what he had to work with in a teacher Zark took solace in that at least he wasn't actively hurting Eriond's tutelage.

"That's better," he nodded in confirmation, giving what he hoped was an encouraging expression, "You've got a grasp on the opening stance, young squire. Now let's move on to some basic guards."

"Hi Mister!"

Standing so close to the boy, Zark was at ground zero for the sudden spike in the room's decibel level. Resisting the urge to rub his temples in agony, he thought he could hear a faint ringing in his ears after the sound of the screech. So engrossed in making sure he didn't ruin the youngling for all future trainers with misguidance, he had not even sensed the arrival of [member="Senari Gravis"] until he looked up at the younger man leaning against a bulkhead and inquiring politely about sparring opportunities. Squinting to make out the details of the new arrival's nametag, he nodded in a sort of half bow of greeting that teetered on military precision.

"I thank you for your offer of assistance, Master Gravis," the name tags they had been issued had not asked to specify any titles, so Zark had elected to use the term as a show of professional respect, "Young master Eriond here and I have only just met, so you would have to ask him."

"But I promised you a lesson, didn't I?" he asked, turning back to his charge, "Before you can defeat the likes of Gravis over there, perhaps its best you learned a guard or two. We'll start with the high guard, or as I have heard some call it the guard of the hawk."

Returning to his position alongside Eriond, Zark adopted as textbook a high guard as he could manage after more than a decade of negligence.

"This one may seem a little simple, but it is very useful," he began, "Place your dominant foot, that's the foot on the side with the hand you usually wave with, forward. Now, hold onto the hilt with two hands, and raise it high enough so that its even with your head. The blade should be aimed upwards, and tilted towards you just a little bit..."

As he continued to demonstrate, his eyes wandered momentarily back towards the cargo hold's entrance, and at the sight of the newest nametag to enter the room Zark's instruction trailed off as his eyes widened in surprise and alarm.

What the hell is a Voidstalker doing here?

Zark had never met [member="Trextan Voidstalker"], and had only encountered his father Jacen briefly before during his service. But he was also familiar with the scion by name if not by likeness, a Justicar of some renown in his own right, and he was struggling to suppress his fear in this moment that the young New Jedi Order prodigy would make similar connections. Interactions with the more orthodox adepts in Alliance space tended to be...well, awkward. He was an outsider, after all. A Lost One, who had in some ways abandoned their Code.

Name: Julius Sedaire
Looking for Instructor: Negative. Already (mostly) housebroken.
Looking for Student: Must have own life insurance policy
Looking for Sparring Partner: Sure. See above.
Barter and Trade: In good whiskey and time
Services Offered: Lightsaber training, information.

Cargo Hold Three

He didn't suspect he was going to be one guessed for here. Keira would probably be having a chuckle at him now. The pretension and rigidity from some of his fellows were enough to make him feel awkward for them. Since they didn't have the good graces to do so. He had filled out the name-tag with a smirk, a short angular hand that was almost cramped looking. Walking in, he watched the lesson beginning between [member="Zark"] and @Eriond. Niman, by the looks of it, and he was familiar with it only in passing and barely proficient in it. Could have probably helped in the teaching of it to a good degree, but his philosophy and thought process were ill-suited to the form, and so he generally left that to others. Though his own specialty in Vapaad, thanks to Darron, was likely not wise to teach such a novice.

Leaning against the wall, he swept his eyes across the hold, sighting the other attendants. His brown bantha-hide coat had seen better days, but still had that sturdy and eternal look one would expect. Stout boots, a simple shirt open a bit at the neck and the cuffs rolled up a bit (hidden under the coat). The only thing that marked him as a Jedi was the pair of lightsabers hanging from his belt, opposite sided of a massive and hefty bryar pistol. And the only thing that would make him stand out in this crowd was a pair of bloodstripes on his trouser legs, glimmering red for First Class. It was truly his only concession to formality, and damn't he had earned them.

Adjusting his lean a bit to account for a slow to heal injury to his left hip, the Corellian Jedi looked out over those he could see, noting faces both new and remembered. Scrubbing at the back of his neck, tugging the chain of his jed-cred, he resolved to wait and ponder. And, for the moment, hang back until someone noticed a decorated Corellian Jedi with silvery vine tattoos from the Aing-Tii. Then usually came the questions. Most often some upstarted hot-shot wanting to know of the seventh form. There was usually a test, they usually failed miserably, and he could move on with life. At least the majority of such interruptions to his life were brief and sometimes amusing.

One could only wonder what would come of this particular meeting. Hopefully nothing too much, as he closed his eyes seeking out any familiar feeling folk, and letting the odd reverb of his own distorted aura stretch. Damn him for Flow-Walking in hyperspace through an anomaly anyway. Again. He probably felt like nails on a chalkboard to navigators or other sensory types. But for once, he was sober, and whole.

| @Senari Graves | [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] |

"Hear that, Eriond? Come grab me when your lesson's done and you want to practice," Senari quipped at Eriond, in response to Zark's commentary. He then watched quietly as Zark went to fix the boy's positioning - Makes me wonder how Miraluka ever managed to learn to use these things - before he noticed somebody else walk up closely. The man was possessed of a decidedly non-Jedi-esque appearance, though he obviously possessed the presence of one; besides, Senari had been around the galaxy and other Jedi enough to know that not everybody was conformist. The tattoos were a bit of an odd touch, though.

Senari nodded at the man in greeting, before speaking up. "Welcome to the party. Invitation told me it was BYOB, but then when I tried to come I was told I couldn't B any B, which in my opinion makes it a bit bee-oring." Pursing his lips slightly, he looked over to where Eriond and Zark were still working together. "Looks like things are picking up, though. Dangerous weaponry always seems to spark things back up. Besides, look at the kid there, he's positively glowing with happiness and excitement to learn. Isn't it wonderful?"

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

[member="Karren Trask"]

Kael was soon joined by a young slender woman who seemed to pack a lot of blaster on her, plopping a DL-44 on the table.

"That's a classic." Kael replied. "Let me pull up on my datapad, I actually did a little project for a merc I met on Nal Hutta who liked the 44." He pulled out a little video.

wzvsCh.gif

"Of course, I suppose that's only marginally useful to someone who carries a lightsaber instead of a rifle." Kael said with a bit of a grin. It was an amusing mod he'd made in the past, but it certainly wasn't the most revolutionary. "I can tune this to be more accurate, give a little more range, pack a little more heat, put in a little spread, change the stun to a Ssi-Ruuvi beam. I just can't do all of them at once. So what are you looking to do Ms. Trask? What do you need the most help with?"

"Good eye," Dissero had replied to the man, "but it's not a Holocron. Bit more conventional on the battle field, -ah," he'd pointed over towards the approaching [member="Karren Trask"] as she wandered to [member="Kael Rose"]'s table, pulling out a blaster, "looks like you've got a bite."

And off Kael went to do his gun thing.

Such was the beast of a seller's village. He turned to tend to a small group shuffling in to look at his wares.

[[My bad on the delay. Works been killer, was away over the weekend. I'm still here for any tags if anyone wants to write.]]

A grin slid easily to his lips as he silently pulled a flask from the inner folds of his longcoat, uncapping it and taking a long pull. He offered it to the other, a strong herbal a licorice smell wafting from the Aing-Tii made drink. It was, if Senari peered into the throat of the flask, a brilliant bright green. Not exactly fitted with the ceremony and the usual procedure for drinking it, nor was he looking to get drunk off the potent potable. It was more a gesture of goodwill as he evaluated the two. The eye was keen, quick, and with how his brow furrowed - a bit critical perhaps? Julius nodded to the two, his voice no lower or higher than normal

"The kid just has confidence issues and inexperience. Niman is perfect for mitigating that in a fight. It gets your feet wet. Solid and dependably. No glaring weaknesses or qualifications of need. But then again, it doesn't bring out or focus on any latent talents either. As he develops, he'll need to find a form that suits his temperament and adult body and movement. His people tend to be great with Makashi or Ataru really. They have astounding precision and instinct. Both are needed. But there is the question of his mind and spirit as it forms. Fighting is more than just the perfect angle and arc to a strike or parry, or a well-timed dodge. It's matching blade to a spirit in compliment. Knowing your own self, so that you know what you can do to win the fight. If he takes it ever as anything more than a prerequisite, he'll learn that in time, and hopefully, find the right match to such. Seeing anyone take their first steps in that journey is a privilege and honor."

Shaking his head to break up the musing, he pulled his hand from the hilt of his lightsaber where he had been thrumming fingers along the hilt of it. Something seemed to spur the realization that he had been dangerously close to being serious in his small tangential observation, and that he had a reputation to upkeep. Wouldn't do to go sounding wise and powerful now. Turning a head of hair that was streaked here and there by errant greys, he smiled at the younger Jedi, nodding.

"Suppose I should introduce myself. Julius Sedaire, of Corellia. Formerly a Blademaster of the New Jedi Order. Currently I guess leader of the Green Jedi of Corellia, though I mostly just keep the bills paid on the Temple. Also a scoundrel, pain in the ass, sometimes drunkard and often nuisance to those who are too fond of rules. You'll find where I am at, some sort of libation is close at hand for those I call a friend. They knew better here than to insist I give up my flask. That's Absinthe, from a people in the Kathol Outback. Drink enough of it, you'll be thinking you see little green yodalings with wings. Force's truth you will."

[member="Senari Gravis"]

IdEc3mU.jpg

OBSERVATION DECK
Jorus Merrill
[member="Dissero"]
[member="Kael Rose"]
[member="Karren Trask"]
[member="Junko Ike"]
[member="Vaudin Miir"]

CARGO HOLD THREE
[member="Zark"]
[member="Senari Gravis"]
[member="Trextan Voidstalker"]
[member="Eriond"]

BOW SECTION
[member="Jay Masaki"]
@Seydon
[member="Ryan Korr"]
[member="Cedric Grayson"]
[member="Lora Seren"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]
[member="Mason Raxsted"]
[member="Cassius Droma"]
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
[member="Romi Jade"]
Trask's parting request wasn't the kind of thing Jorus tended to accept, but she got an honest "I'll look into it" before she moved on. Jorus returned his attention to his wares for all of thirty seconds before an intoxicated Iktotchi started making noise.

"Vaud? Yes! Feth, I'd thought you drank yourself into the ground." Jorus slapped his old Padawan's back, though not hard enough to further compromise his balance. "Glad you could make it. The two drinks'll have to wait, but here, take a seat, tell me how you been."

Two folding chairs sat behind the table where Jorus' holoprojector assembled and disassembled tramp freighters in midair. Jorus slid into one seat and gestured to the other.

"You see the old Starcrest freighter on your way in? That's my boat - the Wretched Hive. We're an outlaw tech shop, mobile ship mod operation. Me, Alna, Dingo Darr, a couple more oldtimers. There's a spot for you if you feel like settling down." He waggled a hand. "Ish."

Julius went into far more of an analysis than Senari had been planning to, and completely ignored all of his puns. That's probably for the best. And, of course, it wasn't like Julius was wrong about anything he was saying; Sen just hadn't been intending for his jokes to turn serious. "For all we know, he might just stick to Niman. I know a lot of people who didn't care to practice any of the other forms." He took the offered flask with a nod of thanks, starting to bring it up to his nose when the smell hit him.

Is that licorice? He took a slightly deeper whiff - but not enough to send him reeling due to the obviously high alcohol content. Nope, anise. Could probably make a good cocktail out of this if I had some brandy from Naboo. Without much further thought, he did much like Julius had, foregoing the traditional method of drinking the beverage in favour of just swallowing the pure spirit. Once done he handed it back to Julius. "Thanks for that." The younger knight turned away from watching Zark and Eriond, focusing more now on his conversation with Julius.

"Julius, eh? I'm Senari Gravis. Formerly an infant on Taris, currently a Jedi Knight that does whatever Veiere Arenais, Kahne Porte, or Romi Jade tells him to do. Not just a sometimes drunkard - probably why I was told I couldn't bring any of my own stock." Even if the joke itself was bad (as was the situation that brought it up), Senari thought that self-awareness coupled with deprecation was always a good way to break the ice. "Didn't know the groups near Kathol grew wormwood or anything like that." Racking his brain for some memory of the drink called absinthe - as, like many drinks in the galaxy, it had many varities everywhere - he thought up yet another funny joke.

"I wonder if this stuff is the reason they say the Rift gives you hallucinations. The story must've changed a lot from the first spacer who told anybody about it at a bar on Tattoine, right?" He gave Julius a smile along with the joke, although his eyes must've read more like Please kill me.

After waiting for she thought was an efficient amount of time, Lora had lost the will to continue searching for a master. She had finished her drink and found the first shuttle of the ship to her next place of interest.

Sorry for the delay...
CARGO HOLD THREE
[ obligatory theme music ]

The cargo hold had gotten an influx of people.

As Mister Master Zark corrected the boy's form, the child wasn't able to pay attention to the different beings within the Force that trickled in or through the doors. He was merely aware that several new lights had drifted into the peripheral of his ability to perceive the Force.

Once he had the stance down, the boy took two steps forward and then one step back. Rotating his sword arm wrist, the youngling tried to get some idea for the movement out of this position. It was very un-like Shii-cho. A diagonal, downward strike. Pause. Lateral slash. Step back into a guard.

"It feels weird," the child noted. Shii-cho was loose, wild. There was very little structure to it at all. In contrast, Niman felt stiff.

Spacing his feet apart, the boy shifted his posture back into the opening stance that Zark had shown him.

[member="Zark"] | [member="Senari Gravis"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Trextan Voidstalker"]​

[member="Kael Rose"]

Observation Deck

Karren nodded, considering her options and then replied.

"Tell me about the Ssi-Ruvi beam and the spread option for the main setting? I'm looking to make it more versatile, perhaps a bit more lethal against lightsaber wielding opponents."

[member="Karren Trask"]

Kael took note of the word 'lethal', but didn't flinch at it. He'd done things here and there, but he still wasn't expecting a ton of that here. Thing young girl Had surprised him.

"Well Ssi-Ruuvi beams and lightsabers don't really like one another. The beam kinda bends around it and keeps goin. Now I'll be honest with you, a clever opponent who knows you're comin with it can mess with their saber and force it to deflect it, but when they do that it won't deflect regular 'ole blaster bolts. It only stuns though, so it's less of makin you more lethal and more of givin you options."

"As for the spread I can do that a couple different ways. I can change your barrel, put in a new one with a special redirection crystal that'll give it a little spread, like a scattergun. Or I can do like I did here." Kael motioned to the revolver on the table. "And give it three barrels. Less of a 'spread' really but just enough to get around a lightsaber geometrically. They can only deflect two, lettin a third pass."

Kael pulled out his datapad and began to pull up a file.

"Now another thing I can offer is a little remote that'll redirect your shots. So if you have this guy fly to the side and you shoot a man straight or sideways dependin on your inclination. It's not a guarantee, but it makes things a lot more difficult for people, and gives you more options in general."

[member="Kael Rose"]

"How bout them three barrels and the Ssi-Ruvi beam then?"

She glanced at the drone. It looked legit.

"So the droid. It's an attack drone or?"

Cargo Hold Three

So far [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] either hadn't noticed him or simply didn't recognize him by face, which was something at least. Even if a quick exit didn't pose too great a risk of attracting the very attention he had been wishing to avoid, abandoning young [member="Eriond"] in the middle of his promised lesson over something so petty as social discomfort would be unthinkable. There was no other possible course of action than to pick up the demonstration where he had left off, and hope that the New Jedi Order Master would remain oblivious to Zark's identity.

As he continued to make minor suggestions to adjust the youngling's stance and attacks, he was emboldened by the words of [member="Julius Sedaire"]. Acute hearing for his age from years of training to overhear stray chatter on capital ship command decks picked up on the Corellian's commentary. Glancing over quickly to give a nod of respect before the newcomer introduced himself to [member="Senari Gravis"], the Knight was mildly surprised to see yet another face he had recognized. He had only seen Sedaire once before from a distance, but it wasn't exactly a forgettable moment.

The man had been standing on the hood of a landspeeder on the streets of Coronet City, rallying its citizens to take up arms against the collapsing One Sith regime, as Zark, simply a Captain back then, had watched from several stories up in a Galactic Alliance forward observation post. But Julius had not seen him during the liberation, and unless the Green Jedi had an uncanny ability to recall Force signatures, it was unlikely he would recognize the Vice Admiral in kind.

"It feels weird," Eriond commented.

"It may be that it is not the Form for you, but it also may be because it is not yet complete," Zark replied, chastising himself internally for failing to remain in the moment with his pupil, "Perhaps a minor demonstration is in order before I teach you the low guard. There is one thing that does distinguish Niman from the other saber forms."

"Where the other forms focus on the saber, or the dexterity of the wielder, the masters of form six understand that both the saber and the wielder, are merely conduits of the Force. And so," deactivating his own saber and chambering it back into the prosthetic compartment, Zark reached out with his flesh and blood hand and called a training hilt into the other, "I will demonstrate for you two of the form's main attacks. This one is called draw closer."

As he readopted the Niman high guard, he described his actions aloud as he had done so before, "Once my guard is up, I reach out with the Force, and pull my enemy towards my blade."

Modulated wails of surprised terror emanated from the training droid that Zark grasped with his mind and yanked through the air straight at him. Maintaining his guard until the last possible moment, the Jedi's saber arced out in the same basic strike Eriond had been practicing, easing up just before contact so that instead of bisecting the droid in half through blunt force trauma, the low powered blade simply splashed across the unit's shields, causing a tone that indicated a hit had been scored.

"The true balance in Niman is between bladework, and Forcework," he explained, "Apart, each technique is simple, stiff even. But put them together, and your only limit is the strength of your imagination. The next attack is called pushing slash. Any guesses as to how this one works?"

[member="Karren Trask"]

"The droid doesn't attack on it's own, it just redirects your shots." Kael replied. "So if I take one, make it float say, two meters behind you. If I want to hit you I can shoot right at you, or I can shoot at that drone and it'll take my shot and bounce it back at you. Like hitting the wall while playing pool. It takes a little while to get used to, you need to be a good shot and have decent feel for projective physics and all that, but it opens up a lot of options for somebody, not just against lightsabers but in general."

[member="Kael Rose"]

Karren nodded, raising an eyebrow.

"That's Impressive Mr. Rose. I like the sound of it though. I'll take one. What will you take in payment?"

She lingered her gaze a bit longer on him, waiting for his reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom