Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction JEDI 101: The Jedi Code [Open to Jedi Characters]

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Jedi Code
The foundation of virtue and service

Nikolai Cridu Nikolai Cridu | Andromeda Malvern Andromeda Malvern | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu
Other Jedi are welcome to join

Cf6cSoN.png

The Tranquil Grove found on Exocron would be the location of today's lesson for the students of the Jedi Coalition, as well as any other Jedi students who had come to attend from various other organizations recently associated with the organization from the Outer Rim Territories. There in that serene clearing, the Force flowed around them so vibrantly, reflecting the beauty of the nature they shared. Caedyn Arenais had chosen this location for the discussion and introduction of the Jedi Code to those newest Padawan having joined them, and for those already familiar with the subject, perhaps they would share their learnings and beliefs on the Code for the benefit of the group.

Seated upon one of the protruding stones that rose from the ground offering a flat smooth surface, Caedyn had propped himself upon one of many with the expectation that the others would do the same. They had all arrived via a Coalition Transport, invitations going out first and then the Jedi Knight doing the rounds in order to pick up whoever had been willing. It felt like it had been so very long since he last led a class on any subject beyond the private tutelage of his Padawan Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . He hoped that this lesson would go better than the first she had attended back then...

The subject of the Jedi Code was as old as the Jedi themselves, and some thought it to be incredibly boring. As a Student, Caedyn himself had been among them, fighting to stay awake as his Father had often recited it in an attempt to teach the boy; It hadn't been until he was much older, following the disappearance of the Je'daii he had been a member of, that he took the time to invest learning of the Code.

"Make yourselves comfortable" Caedyn gestured to the stones, encouraging the group to find their place; "We will begin when everyone's ready".

Student of the Living Force
At the age of eighteen, Nikolai Cridu had been honored to be accepted into New Habat University, in the capital city of Verunda IX. Despite his excitement - he was off to study history, his favorite subject, at the best school in the sector! - he had also been apprehensive. Up until then, he had never left his homeworld. Gannaria had been the sum total of his experience of the galaxy, and it had seemed big enough; just journeying among its many different towns and cities had felt like wide-ranging travels. Verunda IX was a whole different planet.

Nik had adjusted to that change, and had come to love the gleaming cities and lush jungles of the new planet; he'd even set down roots there. But it'd struck him that, to so many people across the galaxy, hopping planets was nothing. They moved from world to world with casual ease, unworried by the unfathomable distances of space. These Jedi were such people. When he'd felt called to Jutrand, to join the Jedi Coalition, Nik had spent weeks on the long and exhausting journey. Now, the Jedi had gone to a new planet just to hold class.

He couldn't deny the appeal of such freedom of movement, nor could he deny that Exocron was an incredible place to learn. Nik had heard it called a "garden world", and he could see why. Stark mountains and pristine forests, brimming with life, covered its surface in a peaceful tapestry of nature. Even on the shuttle ride in, Nik could sense the serenity of the planet, the feeling of balance in its natural cycle. He had stopped on many planets now, and knew that each one had a... sensation, even a flavor, to his Force-enhanced senses.

Exocron "tasted" of cold, clear springwater, flavored by moss and drifting leaves. It felt like a place where Jedi could belong.

The grove where the masters had chosen to hold this lesson took all of those feelings and amplified them, as if wrapping his mind in a blanket of serenity. Old, tall trees leaned gently over even more ancient stones, eroded but not erased by wind and rain. Nik wondered who had put them there, and why. He couldn't get much of an impression from them; perhaps it had been too long. But he did get the sense that those who had raised the stone circle eons ago would be pleased to see them still in use, glad they could still bring comfort and focus.

Despite the potential dryness of a lesson on philosophy, Nik found himself looking forward to this class. The reclusive masters of the Hidden Enclave had broken off from other Jedi factions in part because of their resistance to codes and formalized traditions, so he had learned little about this aspect of Jedi heritage from them. And yet these traditions, carried on through millennia, fascinated him; he hadn't earned a graduate degree in history just on a whim. Perhaps the code would help him understand his place in his expanding world.

At Caedyn Arenais's words, he found himself a spot on one of the stones. He sat cross-legged atop it, waiting patiently.

Of all people to be in attendance of a 101 class such as this, the Jedi code and its many interpretations, I never thought I would find myself here. While all the way in the Outer Rim upon Exocron which long ago was thought as a lost planet of some divine beings, is now a well known one to be a place where the Moross Crusade remains are left behind, as well as the now fallen Journeymen of the Outer Rim Protectorate. It has befallen on the Jedi who have gathered here to be some source of justice and policing within the area. Maybe it could help prevent a full fallout of pirates, scoundrels and seedy people's return to making it a lawless area of space.

For now though, it was time for class. One in which seemed to me lead by the newly appointed leader of the Jedi Coalition. While I was dressed in simple clothing, exposing much of my arms and legs, it was the customary clothing of Hora that I had grown fond of. With years being spent there in trying to unify the kingdoms and City-states of the planet, I didn't have much in the way of "Galactic Standard" Clothing that fit me.

While in the tranquil grove that will be our place of learning, I opted to sit at the roots of a tree. Leaning my back against it and feeling the bark barely prick me through the coarse clothing. A datapad in my hands as I wanted to record what Caedyn spoke. Maybe, just maybe something he would speak here today, would help me. It has been years since I have attempted to prevent myself from being Dark Sided, and with my battles on Hora, I knew I failed on some occasions.

Silently, I stayed, while others may join us to learn more of the Jedi, their Code, and maybe more.

Caedyn Arenais Nikolai Cridu Nikolai Cridu

Thirty years ago he would have scoffed at attending a class such as this.

Well...that was before...before many things had happened in his life. Events that Iroh upon reflection began to think would lend credence to Master Tell-Von’s opinions of the Living Force. The old Jedi Master had chuckled upon learning that Iroh had taken an apprentice. That was a few years before Tell-Von Dedyken had become one with the Force.

So when he had received notification of this class happening on Exocon, with the Jedi Coalition, he had jumped at the opportunity to participate. Plus it was an opportunity to visit a planet he had never seen with his own eyes before. This planet, Exocon, was quite unique among the galaxy. A lush and beautiful garden place, perfect for the study of the Force. Iroh smiled at the serene feeling which washed over him as he entered the site of where the lesson would take place.

The old man moved towards one of the stones indicated by the one who seemed to be running this show, lowering the hood of his cloak as he approached and sat cross legged upon one of them. He inclined his head to the others gathered, but paid specific attention towards their host (Caedyn Arenais)

“Thank you, Knight Arenais. I am sure we all look forward to the lesson today.”

He offered a warm smile to those assembled ( Nikolai Cridu Nikolai Cridu , Garza Garza ), before settling down and allowing his hands to come together in front of him, clasping them as he closed his eyes and waited for the class to begin.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Time had passed enough so that Caedyn was certain all of those who wished to arrive, were present and ready to begin. As it happened, there was only the one Padawan Nikolai Cridu Nikolai Cridu , who was among the company of Jedi Master Iroh Gedari Iroh Gedari and Garza Garza who himself was quite experienced with regards to the Force, though it was uncertain as to how familiar he was with the subject of the Jedi Code.

"Well then" Caedyn spoke with a smile, "I guess this is all of us for today. Nikolai, it would appear that you're being graced with some truly experienced peers which for this lesson, may wind up being more of a discussion forum than the class I had intended to run" he chuckled softly before adding "Certainly not a bad thing, as you would truly benefit from the added views of other Masters".

Turning to look to Iroh, Caedyn gave him an appreciative nod. The Jedi Master's knowledge over the Code was bound to be extensive given his rank within the New Jedi Order of the Galactic Alliance. Caedyn was certainly curious to see how greatly his views differed with the Jedi Masters, as there were many lessons and various meanings that one could take from the Jedi Code depending upon the individual and their personal ideology within the Jedi Path.

"The lesson subject, as addressed in the invitation I sent out, is to cover the Jedi Code. This is the foundation of which our careers or lives as members of the wider Jedi Order are built upon. From here we cover subjects such as responsibility, integrity, the acquisition of knowledge and discipline within the practice of the Force, to name just a few..." Caedyn explained to Nikolai, although he looked to both Atheus and Iroh so that they would feel included and welcome to contribute.

"What do you know of the Jedi Code, already Nikolai? And don't worry, there's no wrong answer there, even if you're not familiar at all with the Code" Caedyn assured him.

Student of the Living Force
Caedyn Arenais | Garza Garza | Iroh Gedari Iroh Gedari
======================================

Despite the calm of the place, Nikolai felt... well, embarrassed. He was the only padawan to attend the lesson, and he couldn't help but feel that the reason might be that he was the only one who needed to. Most of the other Jedi students were teenagers, or even younger kids; he was closing in on thirty, probably closer in age to Caedyn than to most padawans. And yet here he was because he knew so little compared to those children, most of whom had grown up in Jedi temples and training facilities. He was literally decades behind.

Not for the first time, he wished that the Hidden Enclave had put a little more emphasis on structured training.

Taking a deep breath, Nik swallowed his pride. There was no point in comparing himself to anyone else; he was where he was, and he could only change himself for the better if he accepted that. "I'm honored," he finally said, offering the assembled masters a respectful bow at the waist - which was somewhat difficult when he was already seated. And he was, despite his other feelings. These people around him were experienced Jedi, people from whom he could learn a tremendous amount - if only he could stay open to it.

The young would-be Jedi chuckled nervously at the master's question.
"Ah... Not much, Master. I know that it's a set of guiding principles, or maybe ideals, for the Jedi. I know that there has been controversy about the specific wording of it in the past, with different Jedi sects making slight changes. And I know that Jedi philosophers have spent a lot of time interpreting it, discussing how it should play out in a Jedi's daily life." He shrugged. "Beyond that, not much, I'm afraid. I couldn't recite it."

Nik was well-versed in history, but the actual philosophy of the Jedi hadn't been a part of his studies... yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom