Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Jathuun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valessia Brentioch

V
J A T H U U N
YdQhL7R.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create the second city of Vassek, providing for more [SIZE=10pt]in depth[/SIZE] lore of the planet.

• Image Credit: Julien Gauthier // Artstation (x)

• Canon: N/A

• Links: N/A
SETTING INFORMATION

• City Name: Jathuun

• Classification: Urban Center

• Affiliation: The First Order

• Demographics: Atrisian 17 % | Kaleesh 21% | Houk 14% | Human 26% | Other 22%

• Wealth: High

Jathuun’s wealth is insurmountable even if it looks differently from the aerial views. The city isn’t here to impress with glamour, money goes right back into it. Keeping the well oiled machine running, and with the First Order banners flying over head. Jathuun keeps on trucking as if nothing had changed, and relatively speaking almost nothing has with the exception of increased security.

[*]
Stability: High

• Crime has been on a downward spiral here ever since the First Order has arrived. Planetary Guards, Military Police and Stormtroopers around key facilities. With this increase in stability Jathuun’s peoples are afforded the chance to explore different opportunities. Investors interested in turning some of Jathuun’s more desolate quarters into high tech manufacturing.

[*]
Description: Where Ranau might be for the high intellectual types, Jathuun is nearly the opposite. This is where the roughnecks of Vassek are from, the miners, the production workers, anyone who lives here is a hardy, though kinda being. It’s sometimes said that a Jathuunite’s hide is thicker than any you can find this side of the Unknown. There are no fancy homes here, just condensed residential complexes. No colleges, just trade schools - you live and die by your trade here. You wanna do something more? Good luck, most kids who are born here don’t leave unless they’re taken for force training or enlist into the military. Even with the First Order here, if you want to make something out of yourself, you’re going to have to work.

POINTS OF INTEREST
Unlike other cities, Jathuun isn’t glittering with anything beyond the glow of their power generators. Lined along the canyons drawing their power from the heat of Vassek’s sun. Energy from Vassek’s core powers them through the night. The sound of rushing water through the aqueducts join the symphony of machines that work to mine ore such as Duerlium, Lommite, and Zersium along with other ores that are then sent to manufacturing plants to be produced into durasteel, or refined into something else.

The Metroline, used for more than just the transportation of those who live here in the city. It’s also used to move cargo to and from different points across the city. One tube is reserved specifically for this purpose, while the other as you can guess is for the movement of citizens. Residential complexes, food courts, medical clinics, schools are all built in uniform fashion although residents do their best to make their quarter better than the others. Connected to the power generators are speeder ports, which do more than just allow inhabitants to move across the mountainous terrain of Vassek. It allows for the movement of freight and cargo across the planet to various cities.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The First Order’s Historical Recovery Division has had a terrible time of trying to figure out just when Jathuun was founded. They have only a strong estimated guess as to the start of the city being sometime after Ranau. The two cities were both founded along the Cynthonna river and while one city clearly decided to set themselves to a different standard. The other seemed to remain stagnant almost content to learn after the other did, or as some refer to them the Two Brothers. Ranau the older, wiser brother while Jathuun is the younger, and while not wiser of the two, he is certainly tougher.

As time went on the two brothers (aside from their outwardly appearances) also took on different inhabitants. Kaleesh seem to be quite frequent around Vassek and overtime their warrior culture has been interpreted and integrated quite differently. Ranau seemed to redefine what it meant to be a warrior, while Jathuun took core aspects and applied them to their work ethic. And in the place of warrior, the term fighter has emerged - and various Fighter Clubs have sprung up around Jathuun since then.

FOHRD has pinpointed the Gulag Plague has being the key reason for the Atrisian’s being here within First Order territory. But what puzzles many scholars are the Houk. A sturdy people for sure and their strength is only outmatched by a Wookie. The Houk are valued here on Jathuun and are welcomed, and yet... How or why the Houk have arrived is, something of a rubik's cube to them. The First Order’s Reclamation Service’s Historical Recovery Division, FOSR’HRD or FOHRD, has decided to put down roots here to try and figure this particular conundrum out.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Lovely city work as usual.

One thing I find useful when reading or making city subs is using the Points of Interest section to nail down some especially convenient RP locations - cantinas, unusual shops, markets, that kind of thing. Places that epitomize their region, for example. It's actually a direction I got from you and your other city subs.

Your call whether to go down that route for this sub; I just wanted to suggest it as an option.

Valessia Brentioch

V
[member="Jasper Varanin"]

Flattered as I am, but Jathuun is not like my other cities. While there are cantinas and other various places where the Jathuunites go to unwind there's nothing, in particular, that will stand out. Not like on say Tamenen or Sor Yusan. Jathuun has a completely different feel as opposed to its brother Ranau, very much an old-world working class city that you might find in Cold War-era Russia which is what I want it to feel like. Which is exactly why for the first time in my subs I didn't list different parts of the city as this building or that theatre. If there are theatres (totally up to the RPer) for example, they're most likely rundown - same with the cantinas. There's not a lot here (at the moment) that sparkles or shines, it's not meant to. It's very much, this is your trade, this is your job, and this is how you get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom