Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jars of Clay

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx and xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

It did not matter that Hollis told him he was fine. Justice still felt as though he was being a little rude. They had come for this exact purpose, to uncover something new, but Justice had allowed his excitement to get carried away. He could try to contain it, but this was a find of a lifetime, and at such a young point in his career, Justice was not going to succeed too much in that endeavor.

Both of them went off in their own directions looking for anything they could use to make the housing chambers for the lightsabers. Hollis returned with a few items, which Justice looked at closely. He was not an expert in lightsaber construction, but he knew what was needed for what was likely the most important part of the weapon.

He nodded.

"Yes, we can use those."

Justice started toward the forge with the items Hollis had found. Hopefully there they would find the lenses they needed. Pulling out drawers and other compartments on the forge itself, Justice managed to find a few more items that could be used for casing and wraps. It was not until he checked the final drawer that he found the focusing lenses they would need.

He smiled wide.

It only took a few minutes to lay everything out, explaining the process to Hollis as he did.

"So we just want to lay it out in the order we would put it together, as if it were already intact. Then what they would do is go through a kind of guided meditation where the force would take over and guide the build. The tools, all of it is here. We could build a lightsaber, just like they did. I don't know how long it will take but…"

He looked to Hollis, almost pleading for permission. Justice was not sure he needed it, but he asked anyway.

"Can we?"

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: x
After tipping the parts into Justice's waiting hands, Hollis watched as he rushed over to the forge. His enthusiasm was adorable, and Hollis couldn't help but smile. His search wasn't quite over, but it looked like he was finding the last items needed for the saber construction. Seeing the smile on his face made Hollis chuckle softly.

She stepped over to the forge and stood at his side.

Looking at the pieces he'd laid out, she could definitely see how the parts worked together. And the concept of a meditation bringing all the parts together in harmony was quite interesting. How long could it take? No matter if they were there for a couple of minutes or hours, Hollis was game.

Hollis met his gaze when he asked if they could proceed… and she grinned.

"Yes," she said, nodding. "On one condition!" Hollis held up a finger. She hadn't put much thought into a saber design yet, she didn't have one ready like he did. Truly, she didn't even know what features she'd want. But she did have the most important part now – the crystal. "That you'll help me design mine when the time comes. I'm more than happy to wait while you make one though. I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together."

She glanced down at the saber assembly again, her elbow bumped against his as she did so.

Hollis blinked and offered an apologetic smile.

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
“I mean I cannot promise I am going to get this right,” Justice admitted when Hollis offered her condition. “But yeah, I mean I’ll help when you’re ready. But from what I have read about this process is that the force guides the outcome as well. Like you have the basic idea, but the force draws from who you are to make it the perfect weapon, uniquely for you.”
Just almost blushed as he realized he was rambling. It was her elbow that brushed against his which made him realize that he was just going on and on about the whole process. Hollis was new and she did not really have a grid for anything Justice was talking about most likely. Even so, his excitement carried him the whole way through.​
“Ha.. I uh.. was rambling again wasn’t I?”
His tone was apologetic. He did not really acknowledge the fact she apologized for brushing up close to him. Justice simply looked at her, really and truly looked at her, for the first time since they had started the entire trek up to the temple landing. There was something in her eyes, something about her which made Justice smile like an innocent school boy. His hand reached down to where hers was resting and rest on top of it briefly.​
“I don’t know if I’m going to go into a trance or something, so if it gets real quiet all of a sudden…”
He nodded and then closed his eyes. It seemed the right thing to do. Time would move in away Justice lost as he focused the force into his hands and the saber. He imagined it, how he moved and fought. As he did his hands began to construct the housing assembly for the crystals, two of them. Each tool needed the young padawan reached for as though he had done this many times over. The same was true of the power supply, the casings, connections, grips, emitters, everything Justice needed came together as though he were a master sabersmith.​
In truth he was just a padawan with an idea, but more open to the force and more in tune with himself than he had ever felt before. There was something about the process which forced him to focus on himself and who he was. However long it took, Justice worked until the craft was complete.​
Slowly he opened his eyes to look for Hollis.​
“I think… I think it is ready,” he whispered, almost afraid to look down, but he did.​
In his hands he held a double bladed lightsaber hilt.​
Stepping away from Hollis, enough to be safe, Justice ignited the blades. The sound of an all too familiar snap-hiss echoed in the chamber as the ground suddenly began to rumble.​
“I think the cave door opened,” he said with a grin as he looked at the orange blades.​
Justice gave it a twirl before retracting the weapon and placing it on his belt. The training saber which had been on his hip was soon in his hand.​
“I won’t be needing this anymore,” he said as he offered the padawan’s weapon to Hollis. “Maybe it can keep you safe until you make your own too.”

Last edited:

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: x
As far as Hollis was concerned, Justice could go on all day. She brought a hand to her mouth and covered a small chuckle when he asked if he was rambling. When she lowered her hand back down, she met his eyes for what felt like ages (in a good way). Then, her heart skipped a beat or two when his hand fell atop hers for a moment.

"Okay," she said, a bit breathless as he let her know he might slip into some kind of trance.

Hollis watched as he closed his eyes. With his concentration on the task at hand, he wouldn't notice her gaze lingering on his features. Sure, she'd had crushes before… but this felt different. Then again, she had never been so close to anyone else that was force sensitive. The thought was pretty intriguing. Still watching him closely, she felt suddenly like he was… distant and yet very much still present at her side. It was an odd sensation that she attributed to the process.

His hands were moving, parts of the saber were under construction right before her eyes.

Hollis tip-toed back to let him work, not wanting to risk disturbing him.

She blinked awake when she heard him speak in a whisper. She'd been nearby, sitting… and napping, apparently. A hand rose up to brush a few strands of hair away from her face, and she stood up again. Indeed he had finished.

"You did it," she said, smiling as he ignited the saber.

And she let out a startled cry as the chamber started to rumble. She breathed a sigh of relief when he noted it was probably just the heavy stone door moving, opening once more. "Oh, good…" Her hand was still grasping the front of her jacket.

Hollis blinked when she found Justice holding out his old training saber. "Thank you," she said, taking it and clutching it close. "I'll think of you when I use it," she said with a chuckle that hinted she might be joking… or maybe not.

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

Just smiled when he found Hollis again. She seemed to be proud of his accomplishment, and stunned that he would offer his own training saber.

“I would not have it any other way,” he said before he knew what he was really saying. When it dawned on him he chuckled a little bit before clearing his throat.

His eyes looked back to the door as several voices were calling out their names. It seemed they had been gon long enough for the others in their party to begin looking for them.

So much for a couple more minutes of privacy.

Justice looked to Hollis with a knowing look, unsure really of what he was knowing, but finally called out to the party looking for them.

“We’re in here, and we’re okay,” he called out.

Looking back at Hollis, Justice smiled.

“This was fun. We should hang out again sometime!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom