Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jars of Clay

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx and xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn
Rain, why couldn't it have been raining during the battle. All Justice had wanted to do was ensure the artifacts that were inside the old temple stayed safe. It wasn't like the temple had been the Maw's target anyway. That had not mattered as the battle found its way to where Justice had been. Falling debris here, a ship crashing there, and pieces of the temple hitting him in the head, and Justice had found himself in the infirmary once again.​
As he understood it, Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor was the reason he was still alive. Justice made a note that he would need to thank the Jedi Master when he next saw him, whenever that would be. For now, Justice needed to get more field time in. He was getting closer to his trials, and he could not disappoint his uncle, not that he had, but Justice was feeling the pressure of being a Lesan.​
He always felt the pressure of being a Lesan.​
More field time meant more digging, and Justice knew that after the mess Tython had been, a lot of new excavations would need to be done. Naturally Justice was not allowed to leave the temple alone, so he put together a team consisting of a couple guards and some new padawans. Among them was Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn .​
Justice had never met the brunette. She had arrived sometime when he was in the infirmary, and their paths had not crossed until today. There was something interesting about her, though Justice could not place it. Maybe it was just the fact he liked getting to know new people, especially new Jedi. It was always interesting to learn why they had decided the Jedi was the right step for them.​
"Alright, get the droids working on setting up the base camp, then get a perimeter established. I would imagine there will be a lot of looters and salvagers trying to poach anything of value. We need to beat them to it if we can."
It was still a rescue mission as far as the youngest Lesan was concerned. His steps showed purpose as he walked down the loading ramp giving directions like he was Knight already. It was certainly a far cry from the nervous padawan of almost a year ago.​
He reached up to the right side of chest where the mechanical arm meshed with his flesh. The rain made it sore at first, a sensation Just was still getting used to. Rolling his shoulder a bit, the padawan pushed himself the rest of the way down the ramp. His eyes looked back to see if Hollis was following, putting the scar which ran diagonally from his nose to jawline on full display.​
Justice was certainly broken in many ways, but Lesan's did not quit. At least he had learned that lesson.​
"You ready?"

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: x
Hollis could hardly sit still in her seat as the ship set down on Tython. She was actually here -- on Tython. It was a place she'd read about and certainly heard about, too, especially with recent events being what they were. And yes, though she'd been safe on Naboo at the time, the battle with the Maw changed things. She watched as Justice Lesan took charge of things, moving about confidently. Hollis had only heard about him, just some hushed words (not quite gossip) from the other padawans on the ship. Apparently, he'd been injured here during the battle.​
She couldn't even imagine.​
She'd put a lot of thought into her decision to train to be a Jedi, but somehow... things like being in an actual battle hadn't even crossed her mind. Of course, she knew she wouldn't be expected to do something like that yet. Most of the other padawans she knew were already on the cusp of Knighthood; she felt like she was ages behind them. A young woman in a class full of younglings. Okay, so it wasn't exactly that bad, there were other padawans her age that were just starting out. But Hollis was eager to excel at everything all at once.​
Hollis gathered her things and gave her bag a pat before putting on her back. Was it too late to eat something? There was a bag of protato crisps calling her name. But Justice was already down the ramp and the other padawans and guards were doing their thing. She hurried down the ramp just as Justice turned to address her. There was something about him that made her blush a bit sheepishly. Like, he was too cool for her. Hollis hadn't earned her right to sit with the cool kids, let alone go on a mission with one. But she'd have to look to him for guidance because she knew nothing about archaeology. It did seem like a rather cool hobby though, another one to add to the list.​
"Erm, yes," Hollis answered. She moved up to stand next to him, and cast a brief sidelong glance at Justice -- totally not staring at his scar. "I'm ready when you are. I'm Hollis, by the way," she said. "I'm looking forward to working with you." Ew, was that way too formal? "I mean, like, this is my first time in the field." It was obvious. "Anyway, yes, I'm ready."

Last edited:

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Just could not help but chuckle at the nervous behavior which Hollis seemed to be exhibiting. Part of him hoped he had never looked that awkward, while the other part reminded him he had been precisely that awkward. He had even had the propensity to ramble on the way she had. Usually it had happened when he was around some girl he thought was pretty, which…

His eyes turned to return the sidelong glance Hollis was giving him.

…she was definitely pretty.

“Okay Just… stay cool,” he thought to himself.

Contrary to what Hollis might have thought, Justice did not feel he had earned his place at the cool kids table quite yet. Sure there was the scar, the mechanical arm, but both of those injuries came from losing his footing, or not knowing what he was doing at all. Both could have been easily avoided with a simple force barrier. All the cool kids could have done that without even thinking.

Just had not. Instead he got hurt.

His eyes went back up toward the ruins of the temple. He could still see where he had gotten hurt. The formation of the rocks were unmistakable. It would be a more difficult climb to the top now with how much damage the battle had done, but Just was confident they could do it. After all, even where his skill in the force was not as masterful as other padawans he knew, his arm was an advantage. Getting hurt was not always a bad thing.

“First time, and without a master… cool!”

He smiled.

“Justice, and I’m looking forward to this too. They teach you how to jump yet or are we climbing the whole way up.”

His head nodded to the landing about fifty meters above them.​

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis chuckled when he mentioned being without a master. For some reason, it conjured the image of a stern, robed, babysitter. Even though she was just starting out, she supposed she was beyond that point. Thankfully.​
She returned his smile with one of her own.​
But soon, she arched a brow and turned her gaze out towards the landing. Her mouth dropped open, and she made an audible sound, "ah." She hadn't been expecting that. When she'd heard it was an archaeology mission, she'd imagined digging in the dirt… maybe some underground tunnels or something. Hollis squared her shoulders and tried to put on a brave face.​
"I can probably manage jumping," she said. Probably.​
It was a skill they'd practiced at the temple. Was Hollis any good at it? As with most things that required athletics… it was a challenge for her. She uncoordinated, but she was willing to give it her best try. And she didn't want to look silly in front of the other padawans. Hollis gave her jacket a tug, and then made sure her pack was adjusted on her back before taking a couple of steps forward.​
"Why don't you lead the way?" she asked, smiling.​
It wasn't exactly a challenge, though it might have sounded that way. Really, Hollis just wanted to see someone else do it first so she could try to follow his lead.​

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Justice simply responded with a smirk. It did not see as though she was too eager to show off her skill. She was exactly like he had been, that much was too obvious to him now. Had it not been for his attempts to keep up with Bri during training there was no way he would have the confidence he did now. It had been painful coming to the realization life was taking them down different paths, and in a small part knowing it was from a place of guilt about his arm. Still, what she had left him with was a measure of confidence he needed.

Maybe he could do the same for Hollis.

“Right so do not forget to follow through on the jump. And the force helps pad your landing… I uh…” Just scratched the back of his head a bit nervously “...learned that the hard way… a few times.”

So it had not come naturally to him like it did for his uncle, cousin, and every other Lesan to be a Jedi. Justice had also chosen a path which none of them had ventured down either. He was an archeologist, a consular by nature. The others had been warriors or sentinels of some kind. Justice was the one breaking with tradition and forging a new path.

A swell of force energy wrapped around his legs. Justice could feel the strength building just before he leaped toward the landing. He pushed himself higher than they needed to jump, and slowed his landing to pad his feet. The last thing he needed to do was wipe out in front of Hollis, or maybe that was exactly what he needed to do. Either way, Just landed without incident and waited for Hollis to make her jump.

She would find him looking at the formation he had identified earlier, where the debris from the falling pillars above them gashed his face open. Blood still stained the floor where it appeared he had fallen. Justice was quiet, studious, almost as though he was running the various outcomes in his head. Finally he closed his eyes.

“Stupid… I had no business coming out here…”

Whatever conversation Justice was having with himself, it was clear for that particular moment he had forgotten Hollis was meeting him at the top.​

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Tag: Justice Lesan Justice Lesan

Hollis smiled as Justice gave her instructions and scratched the back of his head a bit sheepishly. Cute, she thought. And she blinked a couple of times and turned her eyes to the landing to keep from staring. This wasn’t the time to get distracted. She got distracted all the time in class, much to the dismay of the Jedi Masters that were attempting to teach her.

As far as using the force to enhance her terrible athletic skills, Hollis had managed to make some progress. Well, she could do it. Things were still quite rough and unrefined. Other Jedi made these skills look effortless, graceful.

After Justice made his jump, Hollis watched with eyes wide.

“Alright, you can do this,” she said to herself.

She took a few deep breaths and drew the force to her legs, like she’d been taught. She could already feel the change as the force wrapped about her. Bending her legs, she prepared to propel herself up. Justice was currently a silhouette up high, a shadow against the rocks. Okay, just aim for him. Her jump sent her upwards, arms flailing a bit.

Hollis remembered to pad her feet for the landing, which was something. But she hadn’t quite followed through, more like – her flailing arms and legs kept her moving. And she let out a gasp as she now stumbled, careening on a collision course – right for Justice’s back.

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
The more experienced padawan should have realized something terrible was about to happen. He had sensed it when Bri was in trouble, but now he was too distracted. The sight of his own blood stained in the rock had his mind too preoccupied to sense the fact Hollis was about to crash right into his back. Fortunately he turned around in enough time to see her coming. Unfortunately it was only enough time to kind of catch her.​
His left arm, the good one, wrapped around her waist as he became the padding for her landing. She may have remembered to pad her feet with the force, but her aim had been a little too precise. The collision happened with enough force that Justice reached back with his mechanical arm to keep them from falling to the ground entirely, but because of the rain his footing failed.​
Justice slipped on the wet rock surface and the pair fell toward the rock wall behind them. The padawan reached out again to try and catch them, but instead of stone his hand found a lever of some kind which had been hidden in the rock. A door opened, and the two fell into it. Justice landed on his back, padding the fall for Hollis.​
Dust flew as the chamber that had been accidentally discovered seemed to have been left undisturbed for some time. A couple of coughs helped to clear the dust of Justice’s lungs before attempting to speak. He looked up at the brunette padawan. A sheepish smile tugged at his lips before melting into a chuckle.​
“Oops,” he said with a laugh. “You okay?”
Justice coughed a couple more times as the pain of what just happened finally settled in. At least nothing was broken or bleeding this time. If he came back hurt, or worse, if Hollis came back hurt, Just was certain knighthood would be a lot further off than he wanted it to be.​
“We don’t have to tell anyone about this.”

Last edited:
E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

The next thing she knew, she was grabbing onto Justice. He'd turned just in time to see the stunned look on her face as she crashed into him. With his arm around her waist, they went slamming against the wall of rock behind them. For a brief moment, it felt like he'd braced — then, her stomach lurched as the solid rock wall gave way.

Hollis squeezed her eyes shut.

There was a hard thud. She opened her eyes to see that they were no longer on the landing, and they hadn't fallen off the landing… but in.

She lifted up slightly, looking down to see that Justice had broken her fall. Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to apologize, but then he smiled… and chuckled. Hollis did the same, laughing and coughing as the dust settled around them.

"I'm fine," she said. "I won't tell anyone if you don't." Hollis grinned at him, and laughed. Then she realized she was still on top of him and quickly scrambled aside. "Oh gosh! I should be asking if you're okay! Are you?"

"I'm really sorry about!” Hollis added quickly, blushing.

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

For a brief moment Justice wondered if what had happened actually happened. It all came about so quickly, and the shock of embarrassment still had not completely settled. It was not until Hollis agreed to not tell anyone that the padawan realized it had been a reality.

"I'm okay," he said noticing her blush while at the same time hoping the dust was hiding the color in his own cheeks. "Been through worse."

He laughed. There was no reason to not find the comedy in what happened, and there was nothing keeping him from making light of his previous injuries. It helped him to heal what medicine and the force could not. His mind and ego could only take so much before becoming his own worst enemy. Laughter would keep it at bay until he could put it all in its proper place.

Justice quickly scrambled to his feet, dusting himself off as he did. His right hand, the metal one, extended toward Hollis as an offer to help her to her feet as well. Whether she took it or not, the young man began to look around the chamber they had stumbled into.

"None of this was on any map I studied."

Wide eyes turned back to the brunette with him. The wonder expressed in his voice was written all over the features of his face, and captured vividly in his eyes. This was why he loved archeology, there was always a chance to discover something lost to time that had yet to be found. In this case the pair literally stumbled upon it, but Justice would take whatever he could get.

A breeze blew from somewhere deeper within the room.

"You got a light in that pack of yours," he asked as he pulled one from one of the pouches on his belt. "It seems to go on for quite a while. You up for a little bit of exploring? I mean it is why we came right?"

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis cast a bashful glance down and brushed a few stray strands of hair away from her face, unable to look him in the eyes. She was relieved that he had such a good-natured attitude. His laugh made her smile in return.

She looked up just as he offered a hand — a cybernetic one, quite an intricate design. Without hesitation, Hollis slid her hand into his and got to her feet as well. "Thanks," she smiled. Her attention shifted to their surroundings. "A secret room?" Her eyes grew wide as she looked to Justice. She reached into her pack and withdrew a light stick to help illuminate the dim chamber.

Her heart was pounding.

"Yes, of course," she said, and added "how thrilling!" She was more than ready to explore. However, she managed to contain her excitement enough to keep her composure. She'd imagined going out on fantastic missions… and now she was living it. Hollis would linger close to Justice as they started their adventure (for real). He'd literally been a landing pad of safety, and she felt at ease with him.

"This is the sort of thing you get to do often?" Hollis asked, remembering his comment about studying maps of this location. Then, she followed up with another question, her curiosity was bubbling over. "Do you have any idea what's here?"

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

“Yup,” Justice nodded with a bit more excitement than he intended.

This was the find of a lifetime for the young Jedi, and his expression could be easily compared to a kid in a candy shop. Whatever amount of excitement Hollis was able to contain, Justice did not even try. His face was animated as he took the first of several steps down the long walkway, or wherever it was they found themselves.

“Secret room, corridor, something. Whatever it is we found it, and it was definitely not on the map.”

Her light added to his allowed them to see a couple of meters ahead of them. It was not the best of conditions, but it would have to do. In truth, Justice thought it was more than perfect as this was going to turn out to be the adventure he had truly wanted. Fighting the Maw and protecting the galaxy was alright he supposed, but what Justice wanted more than anything was to have his name attached to new discoveries, or new old ones in this case.

Hollis seemed to be eager as well, though he could imagine how much more exciting this had to be considering it was the first time she got to go on an excursion like this.

Justice shrugged at her question.

“Not as often as I would like. I mean I was here for when the Maw attacked and got hurt,” he pointed to his scar, “but I did not know this was here. I cannot believe I was this close and didn’t find it then.”

He sounded a little disappointed in himself, as though he should have known, but how could he have? The same was true about whatever was at the end of the path they were walking. There was no way either of them could know what they would find.

“Well I don’t really know. We could find nothing, or we could find something important, or maybe even dangerous.”

He looked at the young woman.

“Exciting isn’t it?”

The sound of rocks scraping echoed in the chamber as the light behind them faded. They were now closed in, which brought a smirk to Just’s lips.

“Looks like we’re stuck in here. Only way out is forward.”

So the pair continued on toward the source of wherever the breeze was coming from.​

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis found her eyes lingering on the scar, studying it. She’d also noted the hints of disappointment in his tone. She wasn’t the sort to ruminate on past troubles, but she empathized – almost like she could feel it for herself. At least he got to return here to explore, and she admired the fact that he’d done so. But when he mentioned the possibility of danger here, Hollis met his gaze and felt her pulse quicken again.​
“Yes, very –” she started to say, and then the sound of rocks grinding behind them made her jump. Hollis was right at Justice’s shoulder then, and her free hand gripped his sleeve. It took her a moment to realize she’d grabbed onto him. “Oh, sorry…” she said, chuckling slightly and letting go.​
Indeed, their only way was forward.​
As they went, she listened to the sound of their boots against the floor of the tunnel. She found herself wondering who’d been here before and what purpose this place had. Was it for something simple like, say, storage, or did it serve an important purpose? She supposed that was the thrill of archaeology. Finding the answers.​
“I must say,” she started, glancing sidelong at Justice. “I prefer this to studying texts in the archives.”
There was quite a lot of studying, too, being so new to the Jedi. Hollis didn’t mind practicing, going through the motions of Form I or working on telekinesis held her attention. But reading? She usually found herself asleep…​
“Have you been with the Order for long?” she asked, curious about his experiences.​

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

It was Just's turn to blush as he realized Hollis had grabbed hold of him when the sound of the door closing on then echoed in the chamber. He smiled, hoping she did not see it as he nodded.

"It's okay. I was pretty jumpy too my first time out. Granted I snuck out to keep a friend from doing something stupid and fight Sithspawn… but…"

Okay so maybe Just was bragging a little because he thought it made him look cool. Usually he did not care, but for some reason Hollis made him want to. Whether it was the fact she needed to know he was confident, albeit nervous about not knowing what they were getting into, or just because he liked her, he didn't know. All Just knew was that it was nice being the one who seemed to be sure of himself for a change, and not the scared kid he was only a few short months ago.

"I mean the study is important, but this is way better. Seeing it in person, touching a piece of history… it's why I love archeology so much. I was never supposed to be a fighter."

Yet battle was where he had more experience.

They continued down the path when Hollis asked how long he had been with the order. Just seemed hesitant to answer, because it was a little embarrassing.

"Ten years… at least. It kinda took me a while to advance and figure some things out… then my uncle is like this super famous master shadow guy and well… I don't even compare."

Just shrugged as he finished. It was quiet now, but not because Justice didn't want to talk. It was because the cavern opened into a large underground vault. Something ancient had been housed in this room. Just could feel it and sense it. From what he could see there was an ancient forge in the center. It was breath taking.

"Way better than a text book."

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
“Wow, really?” Hollis’ eyes widened when Justice mentioned sneaking out to help his friend. If he was trying to impress her, it was working. She hoped to walk with the same kind of confidence that he did, someday, at least.​
As he answered her question, she sensed some reluctance – but didn’t really understand why. She continued to fix him in a quiet sidelong glance. She certainly did understand the whole taking time to figure things out. After all, here she was, a twenty-year-old padawan just starting out. Her brows arched slightly when he mentioned that his uncle was famous. Yes, she did suppose it would be difficult to be cast in someone else’s shadow like that.​
She wanted to say something encouraging, but words failed her. Instead, she offered a sympathetic look. But his attention had shifted, and Hollis looked down the tunnel to see an opening ahead. Their footsteps were quicker now, a bit more urgent. Hollis’ mouth dropped open in awe to see the room – what looked like a forge.​
“This is amazing,” she said, a bit breathless.​
Hollis left his side, drawn to the interesting tools that had been left behind. Her fingertips reached out to touch what seemed like tongs… with long handles. But she withdrew her hand and looked back to Justice. “Oh! Is it okay to touch things?” He was the archaeologist, after all. She didn’t want to go messing things up already. “What do you think they made here?”

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Hollis seemed excited, and that made Justice happy. History was meant to be shared, and for now, there was no one Justice could think to share it with. Her wonder and amazement at seeing something so ancient for the first time was just as rewarding as discovering the forge. Even her innocent question after touching the tool brought a smile to Lesan's face.

"Just be careful. It is old, but yes, you can touch."

With that the archaeologist lifted the tool to his face for a closer examination. To his amazement it seemed almost pristine. The elements in the cave had preserved it somehow. Just could only imagine that would be the case for the entire forge itself.

Her last question made him chuckle. What did they make there?

"What do you think?"

Just tapped on his lightsaber as he pointed to the surface of the work area.

"Now what would he really cool is if we could find any of the old sabers they used to make… or even better…"

He trailed off as his feet carried him away from the forge and toward what looked like the mouth of another cave.

"…is if they had crystals in that cave and we could find enough stuff and make lightsaber. I mean the tools are in great condition. How cool to make a saber the way the Jedi used to back in the Old Republic days."

He was clearly excited, almost to the point he forgot about Hollis, but not quite.

"You wanna?"

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis beamed at Justice when he confirmed it was okay to touch the artifacts. She gave him a nod to indicate she would indeed be careful. She ran her palm along the forge, but her gaze was focused on the archaeologist.

When he answered her question with a question, she smiled but shrugged. And then when he tapped the saber on his belt, understanding registered on her face. Lightsabers. Hollis held her breath for a moment as she listened. The possibility of finding a saber was certainly exciting, but making one just like the Jedi of old did? Now that would truly be something special.

She watched him for a moment as he stood by the mouth of what appeared to be another cave. A soft smile curled her lips. He’s really enjoying this, she thought. She was excited too. Moving over to join him, she nodded. “Of course,” she said, still smiling. “I’d love that.”

Making a saber was a major rite of passage.

And Hollis didn’t have her own yet. Of course, she didn’t know just what would become of any finds or creations… would they end up in the archives or perhaps a museum? At the very least, she’d learn something about the process to make one herself. Peering into the darkness of the cave, Hollis suddenly gasped.

“Do you hear that?” Hollis whispered. “It almost sounds like… music.”

It was faint – far away or trapped behind stone. Not quite like voices, no… but a definite harmony in the force. She didn’t know if Justice could hear it too, but it seemed to be calling them.

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Okay, she was game, which only made Justice that much more excited. The first thing they had to do was find a crystal. Obviously without one they could not build a saber. All Just had was a weapon he had gotten like any other padawan would have. More than anything he wanted to craft his own lightsaber, one that would be unique and special to him. Maybe this was his chance.

As they neared the cave Hollis mentioned the sound of music, a melody calling to her. Justice shook his head.

"No, more like a pull in a certain direction. There," he pointed toward the back of the cave which seemed to have a mysterious glow about it.

Justice looked to Hollis to see if she saw it. It was odd because there no light in the cave at all. There should not have been a glow, but Just knew he was seeing. Even if Hollis didn't see it, he knew it was there.

Without thinking he started to move toward it. A small pick which he had packed for the dig was retrieved from his belt. Maybe this was it, maybe Just was going to get his lightsaber after all, or at least his crystal for it. His energy exuded a level of excitement that only a Jedi could understand. It was a big deal to find a crystal, and if this was his moment, Justice was ready.

"Waaaaay better than the archives…" he said once more as he looked back to Hollis to see if she was still following.​

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis’s brows went up when Justice said he didn’t hear the music. Though, he did say he felt a pull in a certain direction. He pointed that way, and Hollis squinted ahead but she couldn’t see anything besides the outline of rocks. As Justice moved towards the mysterious source, Hollis followed along in his footsteps.​
She met Justice’s backward glance with a smile and a chuckle.​
Each second brought them closer and closer. She tilted her head to the side as she listened, there was a definite hum to the melody now. Like energy. As they entered the second cave, it was smaller than the area with the forge. However, she suddenly got the feeling that this place was very important. Without the things kept here… the forge would be useless.​
“Ah,” she breathed, looking around. Hollis held her light stick aloft, there were compartments carved out of the stone. This had to be a storage room. Justice was closing in on the source of the music (and his glow). Hollis shuffled over to his side, lingering there.​
“It’s there… isn’t it?” Hollis whispered. “I mean, whatever it is…”
Okay, she didn’t really know what it was.​
But… she had a feeling she was about to find out.​

E X C A V A T I O N
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

He nodded. There was really no other way to answer the question. Both of them knew whatever had been calling to them was inside the compartment, drawer, whatever it was they were looking at. The pull was so strong Justice could not find the ability to appreciate the room they were in. All he could think was there could only one thing that could call to them the way it was.

He looked to Hollis briefly and offered a look that simply stated, here it goes. With that Just pulled on the drawer and smiled wide as it contained a handful of crystals. His gaze fell to a pair of orange crystals which seemed to be glowing with an even greater intensity. Without even thinking he grabbed them, feeling a sense of completion when he did. A possessiveness came over the young padawan. These were his, and he knew it.

Just waited to see if Hollis was going to take any. They were there and one of them had to be the source of that melody she heard. He waited for her to make a decision before he started rummaging through the other compartments looking for anything that he could use to make a lightsaber. He knew what he wanted, and he wanted to use the forge.

The Jedi dropped the pack he had been carrying. He knew there were some items he had with him, but what he did not have was anything to make a housing chamber for the crystals. A fast sketch on his data pad would have to do as he gave it to Hollis to look at.

"So If we're gonna do this, make a saber or sabers, we have to make this. There have got to be parts laying around here somewhere so we can do that."

He didn't really ask her to start looking. Justice assumed the urgency in his voice, or the excitement he could not contain, communicated everything he was thinking. What he did not know was how eager Hollis truly was, or if he was being rude by being a bit hyper focused on the task. It was a rare opportunity, one Just did not want to miss.

"I mean… if you can help…"

Justice smiled a little sheepishly.

"I'm totally being rude right now aren't I?"

E X C A V A T I O N
GADivider-Purple.png
Hollis-Temp.png

When he opened the case, Hollis was there leaning over his shoulder in anticipation of what they might find. And her mouth opened into a small gasp when the crystals were revealed. The ones that Justice took from the case looked ordinary to her eyes, but it was obvious that he had a connection with them. Just like the single crystal that had called to Hollis with song.

There it was, slightly smaller than the others… but stout. It was a clear blue-ish, but with definite notes of amethyst. It was beautiful. Hollis gently plucked it from the pile and cradled it in her palm. The crystal wasn’t cold like she thought it would be, but it had a gentle warmth radiating from it. She wrapped her fingers around the crystal to keep it safe.

“Oh?” she arched her brows as Justice handed over a datapad with a sketch.

He was quick to jump to the task at hand, making sabers of their own. All of the little bits noted in the sketch and the idea of having to search for them made Hollis’ head spin. She blinked at Justice.

Hollis chuckled softly when he flashed her a sheepish smile and asked for help. “You’re fine,” she said, giving him a playful nudge on the arm. “I’m glad to help.” If I can make sense of these parts, she added privately. “Okay, I’ll have a look around!”

She had no idea what she was truly looking for, so he was going to have to double-check her finds. But she squinted at the design and then set out for the parts that were uncommon-looking to her eyes, or had an eye-catching shape… things she could remember and match. Little drawers, shelves, metal cases, she had a peek in just about any container she could find.

“How about these things?”
Hollis returned to Justice with some things in hand. What did they do? She hadn’t a clue. Hopefully they were something they could use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom