Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Jaroona

Status
Not open for further replies.
bryan-adams-planetdemo4.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To flesh out one of the planets within the Eriadu star system.
  • Image Credit: [X]
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Canon: [X]
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: 3G, Three times standard gravity
  • Climate: Scorching hot wastelands | Tundra
  • Primary Terrain: Arid, mountainous hotlands
  • Atmosphere: Type II
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: N/A
  • Planetary Features: N/A
  • Major Locations:
    • Zamor Wastes: Located at the perpetually dark side of Jaroona, the Eamor Wastes are a cold and unforgiving swath of rocky, icecovered tundra within perpetual darkness which have gotten famous by astronomers calling it the darkest spot on the planet.
    • Heruval Lavapits: Located on the continuously brightened side of the planet, the Heruval Lavapits are in reality a collection of large, open lakes which contents are mainly molten rock and minerals.
    • Drakmor Peak: According to the most modern meassuring systems and equipment, this is the second largest mountain in the entire Eriadu system, conveniently located at the exact edge of the planet's tidally locked dark and bright sides.
POPULATION
  • Native Species: N/A
  • Immigrated Species: N/A
  • Population: Uninhabited
  • Demographics: N/A
  • Primary Languages: N/A
  • Culture: N/A
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: N/A
  • Affiliation: Eriadu Viceroyalty
    • As technically the planet has no government of its own and thus is seen as an assigned territory to the Eriadu Viceroyalty, it is protected by both the sector fleet of the Confederacy of Independent systems as well as the Eriadu Viceroyalty's own planetary defense forces. However, there are no current attempts to grant it any orbital defense platforms or satellites due to the fact it is expected to not hold any strategic relevance.
  • Wealth: N/A
  • Stability: N/A
  • Freedom & Oppression: N/A
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: N/A
  • Technology: N/A
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
An uninhabited planet just like Muntiadu, Jaroona has long been known by the people living on Erinar and Eriadu, yet has never been truly seen as a reason for expansion due to the fact that though the planet was known to harbor great natural resourcesin terms of ores and minerals, it was never seen as a profitable endeavour given the amount of manpower and resources would've been necessary for such an undertaking. The fact that thanks to trade with other planetary systems across the galaxy, all the minerals and ores suspected to be found on the planet were already readily available without the risk and cost of colonization and exploitation involved, the people of Eriadu and Erinar simply never had any reason to persue its resources.

Though just like with Muntiadu, mining operations had been opted at some points in time, the fact that the eriadu system fiercely guarded its own interests for several millenia, it was nearly impossible for large mining companies to actually pull off any successful endeavour, while smaller mining companies simply lacked the proper equipment and know how to fully start such an undertaking, something already known and acknowledged by the Eriadu government itself.

At one point, a plan had been drawn up by the people of Eriadu and Erinar to build a joint ventured city near the edge of both dark and light sides of the planet with the intent of further development and integration of the planet, the civil war happening on Erinar put that plan on the backburner, eventually leading to its entire cancellation when the Clone wars erupted, though after the clone wars, attempts had been made to expand the population of the system by colonizing the planets Muntiadu and Jaroona, several successions of government and the continuous strife and chaos in the galaxy made it an effort not worth the risk and time.

Thus, never having been truly settled and hardly ever been properly investigated due to the Eriadu system's isolationist and self governance policies throughout the ages, Jaroona has been spared the destructive inclinations of civilization...for now.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Credius Credius

I always enjoy when writers make use of the Codex to elaborate upon the existing canon, as I see you doing with this submission. Great choice of artwork, as well. It visually reaffirms everything you're going for with the contrast between arid hotlands and frozen tundras.

With that said, I do have a few comments on your submission that I hope will help to clarify it a bit. The first two of which have to do with the template.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To flesh out one of the planets within the Eriadu star system.
  • Image Credit: [X]
  • Canon: [X]
  • Links: N/A

Note, here, that you are missing the required Permissions field. I understand that it is N/A, but please include that and just mark it as appropriate.

• Force Nexus (Optional): N/A
    Intent: N/A
    Nexus Name: N/A
  • Nexus Alignment: N/A
  • Size: N/A
  • Strength: N/A
  • Accessibility: N/A
  • Effects: N/A

The Force Nexus parts of the template is an optional piece intended for planets that do include them, so if these are not applicable then you can just remove this portion of the template from the submission.

That's it for the template, the remainder of my comments have to do with clarifying the submission some.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
An uninhabited planet just like Muntiadu, Jaroona has long been known by the people living on Erinar and Eriadu, yet has never been truly seen as a reason for expansion due to the already existing trade and conveniences of the galaxy at large. Though just like with Muntiadu, mining operations had been opted, the fact that the Eriadu system fiercely guarded its own interests for several millennia, it was nearly impossible for large mining companies to actually pull off any successful endeavour, while smaller mining companies simply lacked the proper equipment and know how to fully start such an undertaking.

At one point, a plan had been drawn up by the people of Eriadu and Erinar to build a joint ventured city near the edge of both dark and light sides of the planet with the intent of further development and integration of the planet, the civil war happening on Erinar put that plan on the backburner, eventually leading to its entire cancellation when the Clone wars erupted.

Thus, never having been truly settled and hardly ever been properly investigated due to the Eriadu system's isolationist and self governance policies throughout the ages, Jaroona has been spared the destructive inclinations of civilization...for now.

A few spelling/capitalization errors noted in yellow, in case you want to correct those before this gets locked.

You describe Jaroona as not being developed due to the availability of previously existing trade and conveniences. I'd recommend expanding on that a bit to make clearer to the reader just what you are intending there. Was there a major trade partner at the time? Also, Jaroona has some significant environmental factors that would seem to be significant barriers to a profitable venture, including extremes of gravity and temperature. Did that influence the lack of development on Jaroona in any way?

Finally, as a last suggestion, while its understood that Jaroona has no government of its own, how is the planet influenced by the Eriadu Government, if at all? Are there any satellites in orbit or artificial objects of note?

Those are my thoughts. I look forward to yours in reply.

Credius Credius | Zak Dymo

This is a very clean submission. However, the planet itself seems to offer little in the way of Roleplay opportunities, no population of active locations. Due to their ability to be placed on the Chaos Map each planet needs to be an active RP location.

In this situation there are two options I would offer you :

1) To modify the planet to give it locations that people can RP in, and have a reason to. A few mining camps, maybe a small research colony and the like.
2) If you want to maintain the nature of the planet, then I would recommend putting in a system submission instead where you can provide details of the planets in the system as well as any other astronomical objects such as asteroid belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom