Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail Break Pt2

[member="Alexandra Russo"], [member="Allyson Locke"], [member=Atlas], [member="Colap Ticon"], [member="Damon Riggs"], [member="Davik Tren"], [member="Eliza Steele"], [member="Jace Trent"], [member="Kairon Rees"], [member="Kohai Drenn"], [member="Lenix Ornil"], [member="Listeri Dalane"], [member="Nej Tane"], [member="Robb Killian"], [member=Switch], [member=X30-20G]

OOC/ Let’s get this done!

Kairon was bent over double in the Quintessence’s docking bay. He hadn’t been forced to run quite like that for months. In the end he’d dumped his air speeder a couple of clicks from the Tipsy Sailor and lost his CorSec pursuit on foot. Or at least he hoped he had.

Jarrick came running down the ramp from the Quin, a blaster pistol in hand. It seemed the ex-marine was still capable of reacting to events in the small hours. He wouldn’t have guessed that the man jogging towards him, head turning back and forth to watch his surroundings and holding a pistol with casual ease had probably had less than two hours sleep and recently consumed his own body weight in alcohol. His second-in-command wore a pair of dark green combat trousers and a simple white t-shirt that must have been thrown on in haste.

“What’s the situation?” Jarrick asked as he approached. “Do we need to get space borne?”

“Probably,” Kairon replied. Eyeing the other Alliance ships on the docking bay floor. “We should find the others first.”

“Who’s that?” Jarrick asked suddenly, pointing over Kairon’s shoulder. Kairon turned to see Asan Neet, flanked by a new pair of guards striding towards them. The old man was still wearing the shirt and tie he’d word to their meeting, though it was clearly soaked with sweat. Slippery old bastard must have wriggled out the back door fast.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here,” Kairon called. “I hope you’re not planning on reneging on out agreement?”

Asan looked genuinely affronted. “Rees, I would never do such a thing. However, I have serious concerns about your comrades’ ability to fulfil your end of the bargain. I have men watching the streets for Corsec. What concerns me, is that my contacts suggest some of your people may have been picked up. CorSec have a way of extracting information quite efficiently, and the whole arrangement is now at risk.”

Kairon sighed deeply and swore under his breath. “They were there for you,” he countered. He noted the bulges in the jackets of Asan’s guards. They were eyeing Jarrick and his pistol very carefully. Kairon was unarmed, so he carefully closed the distance between himself and the pair. In the distance he saw more of the Alliance crew entering the hangar. At least some had escaped.

“So…” Asan started in his breathy voice. “I’m going to ensure that your friends can’t talk. We’ll make sure our agreement is safe, and we’ll carry on with our arrangement.”

“You can get them out?” Rees asked.

“That wasn’t exactly what I had in mind,” Asan replied with a thin smile.

Kairon’s expression darkened, he glowered at the little old man. The two guards noticed and there was a barely perceptible motion as they prepared themselves. As far as Kairon was concerned he was directly threatening members of the organisation.

“Why you little feth…” he started.

“Now, now Rees, I need to protect my business. They shouldn’t have gotten themselves caught or…”

Kairon was a large man. However, he wasn’t a fantastic fighter. He had no formal training, and knew no particular martial arts. What he was an expert in, was hurting people. Badly. It was over in just a moment and both of Asan’s guards were on the floor. One trying to stem a tide of blood pouring from his nose, the other crumpled in a ball holding his crotch and vomiting onto the deck. The sound of Jarrick’s blaster powering up was enough to convince them both to stay on the deck.

“Kark boss, not seen you shift like that before,” Jarrick said appreciatively.

Kairon ignored Asan mumbling something about his men surrounding the dock and looked up at the approaching band of Alliance smugglers. Those that had escaped the CorSec bust.

“CorSec have some of our people!” he called. “We need to break them out!” Then he looked at Asan, fixing him with a dark stare. The little man froze, perhaps the wretched creature could see Kairon’s blood-stained history through those eyes. Perhaps he was just able to read Kairon’s barely contained thirst for violence at that moment. Either way he stayed silent. “You give us until morning to break them out,” He instructed. Six hours, he realised. They would just have six hours. He had no idea how they were going to break into a secure CorSec facility in the night at all, but he was damned sure they would try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom