Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kairon Rees

Brauk_by_mohzart.jpg

DeviantArt Page

Name: Captain Kairon Rees
Faction: Smugglers Alliance? Contacts within Black Sun?
Species:
Human
Height: 1.95m
Weight: 98 kg
Eyes: Light blue
Hair: Black
Homeworld: Eriadu?
Language(s): Basic, Huttese
Current Occupation: Smuggler
Force Sensitive: No

Strengths and Weaknesses
+Memory
+Knowledge of the value of a range of goods
+Negotiating
-Stubborn
-Risk averse
-Short tempered

Appearance: Rees stands a shade over six feet in height. He has long black hair and light blue eyes. He has a strong jawline, and a fairly broad build. His appearance varies depending on his location. Often on core worlds he will wear his hair tied back and wear shirts and waistcoats. He deliberately takes less care of his appearance when visiting less civilised locations and tends to wear rugged coats and leaves his hair and beard more unkempt.

Description: Kairon is the current Captain of the transport ship Quintessence. He runs a fairly organised ship and has a reputation for being a fairly shrewd trader. Kairon tends to feel a great deal of responsibility for his crew. Partially due to this, Rees tends to take fairly conservative decisions and this has often served him poorly, especially as a new generation of confident, thrill seeking smugglers have adapted to making vast fortunes trading in narcotics under military crackdowns and war.

The main reason Rees' business still makes money is his fantastic memory. He has an excellent knowledge of the worth of a wide range of goods and uses this to make solid, if not inspiring trades. He also knows the galaxy like the back of his hand, and knows how to navigate to many smuggler nests and trading posts that are off the official charts. As well as this, most of his wealth has gone into the rare charts that he keeps locked safely away the ship. These describe hyperspace routes used by smugglers that have not yet become common knowledge. He guards these zealously, and only himself and the first mate have a key to the safe. These data crystals are only connected to the ships computer when a jump has to be calculated.

Kairon is often fairly easy going around his crew, but has been known to lose his temper at times when he expects discipline from his crew. He can be taken by quite dark moods, and the first mate knows when to keep out from under his feet during these times.

Personal History: Kairon was third son to a wealthy trader family on Eriadu. At the age of 8 he was sailing with his uncle when the ship was brought down by pirates. He was one of a handful of young men aboard the ship who were offered to carry on as hands aboard the pirate vessel.

Kairon sailed as a pirate for the next 11 years. After years of brutal work below decks on his first ship, he started to excel at the profession. By the time he was 17 he was serving as the mate on a successful ship called the Bad Karma. By this time he was no longer being held against his will, and he eventually made the decision to return to his family.

His father was ecstatic to have his son back at first, but over the next ten years he started to feel estranged by his man who had returned to the family. He found his son crude and impolite, and struggled to mould him into a respectable trader.

Only Kairon's nephew, Asmus Janes, found his history exciting and would hound his uncle for tales of his youth.

At 29 Kairon made the decision to leave the family once again. After two years serving aboard the Harlequin he took the ship from her captain by force, and made for the outer rim. The ship was re-branded the Quintessence and he used the first stolen cargo to hire a crew and start making trades.

As the power struggles across the Galaxy grew Kairon struggled to adapt to the changing conditions. Preferring to make safer trades, rather than risk his crew and ship he has fallen behind other traders. He typically heads towards trading posts where stolen goods are being sold on, using his contacts from his pirating days. He prefers to stick to cargo that is valuable, but easy to shift on in the more civilised sectors of the galaxy, and hard to trace back to any thefts. Despite being urged to do so, he remains reticent to join in the spice trade or illegal trafficking of slaves.

Captain Rees still has a loyal and solid crew, but his credit reserves are beginning to run low. His nephew is unaware that the stories his grumpy old uncle has passed on are just a fraction of the deeds he tries to forget from his life as a pirate.

Ship

NPC Crew members

Name: Jarrick Hague
Species: Human
Homeworld: Eriadu
Language(s): Basic

Description: Jarrick Hague is a former soldier. Previously a senior Sergeant in the Eriadu military, he left the job to work as a mercenary for various organisations, before decided to leave soldiering altogether. He is disciplined and well-organised, and Kairon finds his an incredibly useful right hand man. He's particularly good at picking up on all the minor details that tend to slip past Kairon. He stays in good shape and keeps his hair closely cropped. Kairon finds that his general demeanour tends to be intimidating, which is remarkably useful during tense negotiations.

He's had to draw weapons a few times in anger for the crew of the Quintessence, and has proved himself an able fighter. Of all the crew he most suspects that there is a much darker side to Kairon's history as a pirate.​

The Twins
cho-yonghee-001.jpg

AT-8a and AT-8b are the pair of loading droids used by the Quintessence to load cargo on the Quintessence. They are particularly old models and have limited intelligence. When they are within a few metres of each other, they interface and share processing power. When together they can converse in a reasonably coherent manner. When separated their intelligence drops significantly. Attempting conversation beyond simple instructions when they are in this state is not recommended.

Both can lift exceptionally heavy loads, and can fold to a reasonably compact size when not required. They are frequently left behind in storage when space is tight on the freighter and dock services hired at the other end to unload.

Mai

712fabee337c4f6050faa3474d24418e.jpg

Name: Mai Shyrr
Species: Cathar
Homeworld: Ord Mantell
Language(s): Basic
Height: 5’3

Physical Description:

Standing just over five foot - Mai has developed a habit of tossing her weight onto her toes in a manner that makes her the height of an average human.

No matter the climate Mai always dresses in vests, long sleeved shirts and leggings, often preferring to don hideously bright designs even when circumstances might call for subtlety. She is always bare foot and will regularly employ her claws to scrabble up walls and hang preciously from ceilings.

With golden fur, red markings and short, slicked back brown hair, Mai presents as more delicate than vicious.

Description:

Mai bears all the warning signs of being maniacally bi-polar. She swings from being sullen and irritable to freakishly exuberant at the first sign of impending conflict. Because she experiences such a euphoric rush from battle, whether sniping at someone across a bar or slamming a fist into their face, Mai subsequently devotes every moment of her waking day to provoking others into a fight.

Most of the Quintessence’s crew have known Mai for long enough refuse to rise to the bait. This means that the ship’s Enforcer spends most of her time on-board skulking around the rafters and popping up from the shadows for a quick tongue-lashing.

While Mai has a relatively limited education, and struggles with basic literacy and numeracy, she is almost conniving when it comes to outmanoeuvring her foes in battle. She approaches a fight from all sides, using fists, fangs, claws, height, speed, nearby objects, and an impressive array of perfectly maintained (and sometimes antique) weapons to gain an advantage.

Mai bears no misgivings about lacking honour. She frequently shoots enemies in the back, stabs them in the kidneys or gnaws off small appendages. The shocked screams of opponents as they react to unusual assault methods will often send Mai into uncontrollable fits of laughter.

Personal History:

Mai was born on her species homeworld of Cathar – though the precise year has always been unclear. Stolen from her clan as a very young age to supply the demand for exotic slaves, Mai was shipped directly to Ord Mantell where she spent the next fifteen years of her life being handballed between locals. Too violent to fill her original role as a pleasure servant, Mai was unsuccessfully trained as a kitchen hand, a house servant, and a gardener before her third owner admitted defeat and tossed her in the jail beneath his estate.

She remained in her dank cell for over four years, becoming increasingly mistrustful of anyone save the vermin that she fed on, before her obese owner experienced a heart attack of immense proportions. A visiting party of house valuers took pity on the starved creature and unwisely set her free. Mai ripped the ear off one, blinded another, and fled before the local bribed authorities could enact revenge.

Stowing aboard a docked passenger cruiser, Mai spent the next several months perfecting the skill of identity theft and played the part of patrons, staff members, and even bridge crew. When she was eventually discovered she managed to once again elude the law and jumped ship at port to the next ship of her choosing. It was on one of these many chaotic voyages that Mai encountered her first respectable smuggler crew and accepted her first commission. So began a relatively unsuccessful career in reputable thievery before she stumbled across Rees in a backwater cantina on Nar Shaddaa.

During an intense game of sabacc, with enough booze in her system to slam a grown man with a five-day hangover, Mai ran out of credits and ended up betting her service in the pot. At the end of the game Rees took both the winnings and a black eye courtesy of his new Enforcer.

Mai remains on the Quintessence despite the Captain’s best efforts to rid himself of her – and she has no intention of vanishing anytime soon.
Role Plays:

Last edited:
Alright, I'll be the guy to give you some help, [member=Kairon Rees].

As a member of the Smugglers Alliance, there is no rank as of now. Same with the Black Suns, unless you're in a leadership position. Rank usually applies to force users.

On Eriadu, I do not know the timeline, but most of the people tend to not mention events excluding the Gulag Plague in their bio.. Besides that you're good to go!
Also, perhaps you would want a crew in the Smugglers Alliance? ;)

You can have your rank as 'Captain' or 'Pilot' like I do. It's not official but I like to solidify my occupation that way. :D

And yes, join the Smugglers' Alliance and pick up our fancy schmancy sig tag!

Thanks a lot! Hoping some friends will come across and join the crew.

Do you know of any, shall we say: "Hives of scum and villainy" in the Black Sun sector where I could start a short story picking up some cargo?

Well, I have a crime lord in the Black Sun, he might be able to help you!

And about the Crew, the problem is that most people in the alliance are pilots, so not that many people will want to join up with a crew that already has a pilot.

Hello there. I need some help with my 29 year old Zabak or maybe Human (haven't decided) smuggler I have most of him down except his Back ground so mayber since your new and I'm new and Jakeal Rogue is a new character of mine he could be another member of the crew. I have him as a rather skilled Marksman and Pilot with good Mechanical skill but with a weakspot for a pretty face. He's Pretty good to have watching your back with his force sensitivity allowing him to know when someone is about to draw. So if you're up to help me flesh him out I'd really like for him to join your crew.

Don't even have a pilot yet, of course I'd been keen for more people to join in!

How far are you taking the Force side of things? I'm keen to keep the Quintessence and her exploits fairly low key!

Oh Jakeal is a good guy but he's not out to save the galaxy just fill his pockets and have a beautiful girl on his lap and have a few adventures. He doesn't have any force powers like a Jedi or anything just sharpened senses. It helps him be fast on the draw and deadly accurate. He's laid back and easy going but know's when he's supposed to be serious. Slow to anger he's cocky and silver tongued. I'd think he'd be slightly more levelheaded than his attitude would suggest.

[member="Kairon Rees"]

If you want to work for Black Sun; I'm the man to speak to. Names Cypher, Underlord and Leader of the Suns. A pleasure to make your acquaintance sir. Any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
And if you want to join the faction right away. Here's a link to the faction page. Theres a tab near the top to join. Black Sun.

[member="HaloHeroWolf118"]

Same to you man. If your friends which it seems you are.

Pleasure to meet you [member="Cypher"]!
I think I'll go and sign up :)

I'm not going to explore my character's past as a pirate right away because:

a) I want it to be shocking to his crew just what he got up to in the old days; and
b) I haven't worked out that part of the back story yet :)

Hadn't actually met Halo before, but have a couple of other friends who might be heading this way too.

[member="Kairon Rees"]

Nar Shaddaa was lost in a war to the Republic. The Capital is Nal Hutta. As for ports, theres just the standard planetary ones you'd find. And there was a PC pirate station made. The thing was huge, I'd have to really dig to find the thing though.

[member="Kairon Rees"]

Yes it causes nightmares for the traffic controllers. But we're in a peace agreement right now. And theres talks about getting it back. Or real big threat is the Confederacy. Look at the map and you'll see why.

Also your in our Skype now. Come chat there.

[member="HaloHeroWolf118"]
That char is pretty "God mode" sounding. I'm a low rent smuggler, how would I end up with a 6'6" expert marksman, fighter and pilot. My crew is going to be fairly low key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom