Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jack in the Box

So her little triad had been graced with Valery's presence all because of a little feeling. Saahar snorted with grim amusement, she was supposed to trust in the force why exactly? Just for it to feth her over down the line?

Sounded like a pretty raw deal.

"And why you?" The woman had an air of importance to her, one that Saahar couldn't quite place. From the sound of it, operations like these were commonplace. Routine. And Valery seemed anything but routine. Saahar spent years of her life at the heels of authority, it was an easy trait to sniff out in others. Regardless of her answer, Saahar allowed herself to be led to the med bay, hiding the immediate relief that washed over her as she finally took a seat. The ship was well-kept, cozy even, and certainly brighter than the cold walls she was used to. Everything about it should've signified danger in her mind and yet... she felt strangely comforted.

That was until talk switched to antiseptic. Saahar hated blood. And pain. And needles. And anything and everything remotely related. Especially when she had to trust a Jedi with all of it. It took everything in her to suppress a groan, she certainly had nightmares about this exact situation.

"Go ahead." Saahar waved dismissively, mustering all the nonchalance she could. "Uh- what's your name by the way?" It was only when she needed a distraction did she think to finally ask.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Warehouse
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Saahar Saahar

"That is just bad luck for you and the others, I suppose." Valery wasn't quite sure how else to put it. This was the job for a Jedi Shadow, and there were very few of them. She had been one, many years ago, but often still took on those missions whenever she could. "In all seriousness, I've learned to trust my senses, and I had a feeling that I was supposed to be there. Now, I think I know why." She wasn't going to push it, but she very clearly hinted at what was happening now.

She had been there to save someone from falling down a much deeper, darker pit.

With the spray of Anticeptin-D in hand, Valery turned to Saahar, only to notice her reaction. She perked a brow, then even managed a smirk, "Look, you don't gotta act tough. I hate this stuff too, and it's going to hurt like hell. If you want to scream or curse, go ahead, and if you want to bite down on something..." Valery reached for a piece of clean cloth and offered it to her.

Valery then crouched down with the spray, tore open her pants a little further to expose the wound properly, and looked up, "I'm Valery. Or, well, Jedi Master Valery Noble" she said with a grin, before spraying the cold, biting liquid onto the wound. Once it was cleaned up, she began to immediately apply bacta patches, and hopefully, Saahar would feel some quick relief.

"How's that?"

Oh. Saahar could only blankly stare down at the cloth Valery laid beside her, as if expecting it to bite. She'd worn her emotions too openly, an amateur mistake which would typically be ridiculed and harshly corrected in her circle. But strangely enough she was only met with understanding.

"I'm not a child. Just get on with it." The girl countered, taking Valery's oddly maternal reassurance as an insult. She was by definition tough. She didn't need to be coddled. She didn't need her hand held. She was a hardened, cold-blooded, dangerous-

"motherfether."

The girl seethed as the spray made contact with her open wound, her hand clenching the cloth as if she intended to tear through the fibers. The pain was graciously short-lived, what with Valery slapping on a bacta patch to ease through it. Jedi Master Valery as it was.

With a deep inhale, Saahar twisted her leg to assess the work. It would certainly take time to heal, but Valery had done her a considerable favor. "It's uh- it's fine." She coughed, trying to distract from her little outburst. "Thanks, I guess."

Last edited:

Warehouse
div-orange.png

"I told you so," Valery said rather flatly, though the smirk that followed was meant to make it clear she was teasing a little. Saahar could play difficult or tough all she wanted, but Valery had seen glimpses of how she truly felt, and figured a warmer approach might just open her up a little more. At least, hopefully to an extent where no blades would be drawn anymore. Anything beyond that, so early on in this process, was a bonus.

"You're welcome, though I don't think I caught your name yet?" Valery stood up and walked over to the sink to wash her hands. It meant turning her back on Saahar, which was an inherent risk all things considered. Yet, Valery didn't seem to be on edge at all, and managed to smile without trouble.

"I also think you shouldn't leave," Valery finally continued, her gaze shifting over her shoulder. "I'm not going to pretend like I know you already, but I do have a feeling that you don't really want to return to the people you were with."

For a moment she entertained giving her a false name. Something dumb and exceedingly common. But it ultimately didn't matter what she said. The acolyte was a nobody back home anyway. If she was going to let herself be cozied up in the enemy's ship, drawing the line at basic courtesy seemed a bit inane.

"It's Saahar." She answered. No last name. She was never given one.

It was then Valery brushed on something a bit more personal, causing the girl to shift ever so slightly. It was a weird thing to admit but the more time she spent here, in front of Valery's presence, the less appealing it seemed to make beeline back home. The girl shook her head, she was clearly contemplating nonsense. No one was about to welcome her with open arms. I mean- well Valery kinda had, but Saahar still wasn't fully convinced this wasn't some elaborate scheme to lock her up. She arguably wasn't a great person and had in fact assisted in her fair share of bad, murderous deeds. No Sith could keep their hands clean.

"It's not that simple." The girl finally spoke after a lapse of silence. The Sith were the only "family" she knew, she couldn't help but feel a weird, twisted fondness, " Even if I don't go back, they'll find a way to drag me. It's easier to cut my losses. Safer"

Warehouse
div-orange.png

"Saahar," Valery repeated to commit the name to memory. She then dipped her head, and began to put some of her medical equipment away to clean up the mess she had made in a hurry. Saahar was allowed a moment to think in silence while she did, and once more, Valery could feel that internal tension. What had happened not even an hour ago had likely shattered her perspective of the Jedi, or at least offered her a unique angle on them.

Similarly, she didn't seem so sure about the Sith and returning to them anymore.

"Nothing that's truly worth it, ever comes easy," Valery said while she leaned back against the cabinets and looked at Saahar. "You could come with me, to a Jedi Temple that was once built in the mountains of New Cov. The Sith don't know it exists, and few Jedi go there, unless it's on their path." She tilted her head and curiously waited to gauge the woman's reaction.

"You'd be able to figure things out for yourself without feeling threatened. Going back just because it's 'safe', just because you know there's a blade hovering over your throat at all times... is that really living?"

No it wasn’t living. But taking Valery’s offer amounted to treason. It meant burning every bridge she had. “There’s a blade hovering over my throat regardless.” She countered, words sharp enough to cut, “I’m just trading out colors.” Maybe Valery hadn’t been what she expected but what of the others? There was no guarantee she’d be free to walk.

Saahar simply stared the Jedi down for a moment, “You'd bring a Sith into a Jedi sanctuary we had no knowledge of? Just for me to idontknow get a feel of the place?” The girl narrowed her eyes, “How do you know I won’t just spin around and rat you out?”

Warehouse
div-orange.png

"Is that so? I don't see a blade drawn here, and I told you that you're free to walk," she said with a tilt of her head. Sure, if she went with the Jedi, there would be questions about what she had done as a Sith. Redemption was no easy path, but was it really a better life to be out there ruining those of others?

Valery then listened to the woman's questions and tilted her head, "Jedi believe in offering people second chances, and I can tell if you're being genuine or not. If you actually want a different life for yourself, then I know you won't rat out its location." Even if she did, there was very little to gain for the Sith if they went there.

It was mostly a stop Jedi used when going into the Outer Rim.

"The decision is yours to make. You can take the easy way out, and leave but live in fear. Perhaps try to grow in power to make others fear you instead. Or, you can do something more with your life, and while that won't be easy, at least you'll be contributing to something worth while."

Saahar didn't have a response to that.

Her eyes lowered to the ground, staring at her boots rather than the woman in front of her. This trust that Valery seemed to have little issue placing in her felt... wrong. Something she was entirely undeserving of. What had she done other than argue and bicker after all? But as much as she wanted to explain away the woman's words as empty, meaningless promises, a part of her felt almost magnetized.

Could she really stuff her past into some sealed box and never have to touch it again? She thought back to the togrutan Sith. The one whose body probably still laid under the remnants of the smoldering warehouse. She didn't want to end up like that. Dying alone, over some stupid crates no less.

But it was the inherent choice in Valery's words that truly forced her to pause. It was her decision to make. The Jedi had said so herself. She couldn't remember a day in her life where she'd ever been given that much autonomy.

"Fine."
The girl kept her gaze down, almost resentful of giving into the Jedi. "You might have a point..." Her hand clenched against side of the bed she sat on, a nervous tick, "But if you're lying to me, even a little bit. I will cause damage."

She was still a Sith at the end of the day. She might not exactly relish in wanton destruction, but that didn't mean she wasn't good at it.

Warehouse
div-orange.png

"Why would I go through all of this trouble just to lie? I have a family waiting for me at home, and if all I had cared about was myself, I would have been with them already." Saahar seemed to best respond to logic, so maybe that would help clear things up. Or, at least, Valery hoped that she wouldn't be so on edge about all of this. Her confrontation with her past as a Sith was one she'd have to go through, but with time and the right guidance.

Most of all, she needed to first be willing.

"Come on, join me in the cockpit," Valery then said before she walked down the hallways until they'd reach the rather spacious cockpit. She immediately took a seat in the pilot chair, and gestured for Saahar to sit down in the co-pilot seat. "If you're hungry or need anything, let me know, alright?" She asked, her gaze only briefly shifting to the other woman while she worked on getting them up in the air.

She had a family? Saahar blinked before following Valery to the cockpit, racking her brain for any Sith she knew who could claim the same.

She then took a seat, legs drawn up to her chest and fingers interlocked over her knees. She felt.. protected in a way.

“I won’t” Saahar replied flatly to Valery’s offer, staring straight out the view port. She couldn’t help but feel her lungs constrict as they begun to ascend. This was it. No going back now.

She could almost feel the chains loosen from her wrists.

“What- uh what happens when we get there.” The girl cleared her throat, her knees pulling up a bit more. “People will be able to tell I’m Sith won’t they?”

Warehouse
div-orange.png

"They might, but they won't harm you or cause you trouble," Valery said, as she looked over at Saahar from the corners of her eyes. The way she sat said a lot about the way she felt, and Valery knew it was going to take time for her to open up. Until she had made that adjustment, perhaps it would be better for her to stay close.

Valery could easily stay a little longer at the Temple.

"When we get there, I'll first help you get settled. Show you where you can eat, where your room is, and maybe give you some time to yourself, if you'd like." Her voice softened and she turned her head to better look at the other woman.

"From there, we'll just take it one step at a time. But you won't have to worry about anybody coming after you."

No one had ever taken up that kind of tone when talking to her. Saahar was used to orders, demands, threats, not comfort..

She stared incredulously at the woman until she turned around to look back at the young Sith, to which Saahar quickly averted her eyes. The gears were clearly working double time in her head courtesy of Valery and if her body language was anything to go by, it showed. She was going to be given a room? To herself?

Saahar still doubted she was totally off the hook. There was still another of her cohort alive to report the incident, and maybe even catch a glimpse of her leaving with Valery. Saahar silently prayed that wasn't the case, and that she'd be neglectfully marked as dead and forgotten about. If they swept through the rumble though without finding her body or lightsaber... Saahar glanced down at the weapon still attached to her waist suddenly feeling incredibly stupid.

Well...wasn't much she could do about it now.

"Ok." It was all Saahar could muster, overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions she couldn't entirely articulate. Turning her head to stare out the viewport as to not directly look at Valery she muttered something else.

"Thank you.."

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov Temple
div-orange.png

"You're welcome, but I'd also like to thank you."

This time, Valery didn't search for eye-contact, and pulled the ship from Hyperspace over a lush, green world. New Cov was a planet with jungles so dangerous that the only civilization there were people living in a handful of huge, domed cities. Beyond that, nature had not been tampered with at all.

"For trusting me, and for choosing to come here." It was no easy decision, she knew, but one that would eventually lead to a much better life. Valery had seen it several times with others, and even her own husband came from one of the most dangerous Sith families. Leaving it behind was hard, but once you did, you'd never want to go back.

"There it is, on that mountain," Valery said not a moment later, as the ship broke through the clouds and approached the Temple hidden within the jungle. She landed the ship at the landing pad out at the very front, and soon lowered the ramp so they could step outside for a breath of fresh air.

"Well? What do you think?" she asked with a slight smirk. Valery obviously felt quite proud about this particular Temple.

As the temple came into view Saahar couldn't take her eyes off it. The structure was far from the dark, brutalist architecture she was used to. Something about it was just mesmerizing...

Saahar cleared her throat as Valery thanked her, the Sith's attention clearly occupied. "Oh uh- sure?"

She then asked for her thoughts on the enclave, which had the girl turn her gaze back to the approaching view. "It's... alright." Definitely the understatement of the year but Saahar had long learned to suppress the full extent of her emotions at all times. But what wasn't evident from her words was written clear on her face. She was simply put, amazed.

Last edited:

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov Temple
div-orange.png

This time, Valery snickered.

She didn't want to laugh at Saahar, and she definitely wasn't laughing at her. But to hear that response, and seeing the contrast with the way she looked around was just far too amusing. "Come on, let's go to your room." Forcing herself to focus was the only way not to crack a grin just a tad too wide for a situation that was likely already difficult enough for Saahar.

Adding in Valery laughing wouldn't really help, probably.

Leading her away from the landing pad, the soon two arrived at the large, open entrance of the Temple. On each side were various rooms, ranging from the Serenity Springs to the old Council Chambers. But Valery took her to the back of the Temple hall instead, where there was a spiraling staircase down, and a large staircase going up.

"Rooms are on the 3rd floor and above. From the 2nd floor, you can get onto the bridge that connects the Main Temple to the Temple Grounds," Valery explained, as they walked. "Now, the rooms here aren't very big, but it's only temporary. At least, it'll be private."

As they walked through, Saahar did her best to commit the layout to memory, frankly overwhelmed by how serene everything was.

To her credit she paid close attention to what Valery allotted her. She couldn’t help but quirk an eyebrow as she promised more to come. Was she serious?

“A private room?” Saahar asked in confirmation, her mind drifting back to the barracks she was used to. She almost felt envious that this was how the Jedi lived. Not that it was exactly a rational thing to feel in the moment.

“This place it’s uh- it’s beautiful.” She confessed, a little absentmindedly as she continued to survey the space.

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov Temple
div-orange.png

"Of course," Valery reassured, "We all need some privacy sometimes, right? Once you get settled in and feel like the time is right, you can also get your own place to live. For now, the Temple will do." As much as Valery wanted to place her trust in Saahar, she had to be a little careful. The young woman was going through quite the adjustment, so until she was absolutely sure that nothing would escalate, Valery would keep her close at the Temple.

Just with enough freedom to make sure she didn't feel like a prisoner.

"Thank you, I'm quite proud of it," Valery said with a warmer smile. "For much of my life, I called this place home." The two made their way up the stairs at this point, and a door was opened. It showed a modestly sized room with a bed, a desk, a closet and even a small bathroom. Nothing too fancy, but it had everything you'd need.

"Hmm, that reminds me. We'll have to get you some extra clothes, both for at the Temple and when you just want to relax."

Her own place? Now wouldn't that be something. As they walked into the room, Saahar couldn't restrain a small gasp. She felt childish for gaping at seemingly every new revelation Valery dropped on her, but ultimately the girl couldn't help it. Everything was so new, so different. To think she almost walked away from this seemed ridiculous in hindsight.

Still, her skepticism was threaded deep, too deep to unravel with simple comfort and hospitality. A part of her undeniably wanted to trust Valery, but it would take time for the overlaying suspicion to erode. Patience was key, she just wished she had as much as Valery seemed to.

At the mention of new clothes, Saahar glanced down at her current garb of black leather and cloth, standard issue for acolytes defectors such as herself. "Yeah I guess we should." she admitted, scratching the back of her neck. It was probably a good call to shed any clear Sith identifiers before she ran into anyone else. "Black isn't really my color anyway." Not that she would know any different. She'd only ever worn what the Sith had given her.

It was then she seemed to remember Valery's previous statement, "You lived here? But this temple looks so new?"

p4kq4qx.png

New Cov Temple
div-orange.png

Valery dipped her head, "I'll get you some new clothes. You're a bit taller than me, but we should have plenty here. Later, we'll shop for things you like." Some robes, training gear and casual stuff would be fine for now. Stuff that wouldn't make her look like a Sith Acolyte who had somehow infiltrated a Jedi Temple on her own.

Jedi weren't quick to just attack someone, but it wouldn't hurt to have an appropriate appearance.

"It looks new because it was rebuilt. Originally, the Temple was made not long after the Treaty of Coruscant - roughly 4000 years ago," Valery said with a chuckle. "I grew up there, became a Jedi Knight, their Battlemaster, and later I ended up leading the Enclave as their Grandmaster. Then... I ended up in a very long stasis, and woke up to find it in ruin."

"Years ago, my husband brought together a large group of Jedi and rebuilt it as a surprise gift. Well, and so that we'd have a Temple out here, closer to the Outer Rim."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom