Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ivixa's Modified Hekler'Kok AMR-01

Status
Not open for further replies.
rly1kCw.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries, Scintillan Warsmiths Ltd. (Installed Gravitational field Disruptor)
  • Affiliation: Ivixa Nera’kas
  • Model: Hekler'Kok Sniper Rifle-Model 01
  • Modularity: Various Optics, Muzzle Devices (Compensators, Muzzle Brakes and Suppressors), Underbarrel Attachments (Foregrips and Bipods), Accessory Rail Attachments (Rangefinders and IR Lasers), Extended Magazines and Various Ammo Types
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Titanium-Alusteel Alloy (Upper and Lower Receiver and Internal Mechanisms) Quadanium Steel (Barrel), Chromium (Barrel Lining), Plasteel (Grip, Stock and Handguard) and CeramiCoat (Plating), Nightshadow Coating, Gravitational Field Disruptor Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy | Extremely Light (Active Gravitational Field Disruptor)
  • Ammunition Type: Hekler'Kok 14.5x114mm Polymer Cartridges
  • Ammunition Capacity: 5 or 10 Round Magazines | Very Small
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average | Extreme (Active Gravitational Field Disruptor)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ambidextrous Fire Selector (Safe and Fire)
  • Ambidextrous Magazine Release
  • Ambidextrous Bolt Release
  • Ambidextrous Charging Handle
  • Cheek Riser
  • Folding Integrated Monopod
  • Optic Rail
  • Accessory Rails
  • Integrated Bipod
  • Threaded Heavy Barrel
  • Custom Muzzle Brake
  • Modified Recoil Buffer System
  • Modified Short Stroke Gas Piston
  • 3-Pin Take Down System
  • Gravitational Field Disruptor
STRENGTHS
  • Battlefield Range: One of the necessities of a sniper rifle is having a significant range and the AMR-01 achieves this with the use of a long barrel and the cartridge it uses.
  • Extreme Stopping Power: Just like the HMG-01 the AMR-01 uses the 14.5x114mm, a round known for not only its extreme range but extreme stopping power as well.
  • Faux Lightweight: With an active gravitational field disruptor, the AMR-01’s weight is reduced by a significant percentage, allowing for far easier transport than would otherwise be possible
WEAKNESSES
  • Unwieldy: While the gravitational field disruptor reduces the weight of the rifle significantly while active, it does nothing to reduce the weapon’s unwieldy length.
  • Low Rate of Fire: In order to increase the effective accuracy of the rifle the design team limited the rate of fire on the rifle.
  • Recoil: Although it is possible for the rifle to be fired while the gravitational field is active, this is not recommended under any operational conditions. Due to the significantly lighter weight of the weapon while the gravitational field disruptor is active, the rifle’s recoil will in turn see a corresponding increase in severity which may potentially injure the operator in the event that the weapon is carelessly or accidentally discharged.
  • Ion/EMP Discharge: In the event of a close range Ion/EMP discharge, the gravitational field disruptor will be rendered disabled for a duration of time, depending upon the proximity and strength of the discharge.
DESCRIPTION
Ivixa’s modified variant of the AMR-01 incorporates a rare, if slightly experimental technology which is intended to improve the portability of the AMR-01 to an unprecedented extent. In short, the technology is a miniaturized gravitational field disruptor which is built into the structure of the weapon. This device alters the gravity surrounding the rifle, for the purpose of significantly reducing its weight and correspondingly, relieving the strain of bearing the weapon on the operator. In effect, this allows the weapon to be carried with little strain, even by individuals of insignificant strength or size.

July 25, 2020: Buffed Rate of Fire from Low to High.
July 30, 2020: Added Nykkalt Coating.
August 4, 2020: Replaced Nykkalt with Reflec.
August 5, 2020: Replaced Reflec with Nightshadow.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta Hello! I'm Shuk, and I'll be judging your submission today!

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Everything looks good here, thank you for linking your permissions in an easy to read manner.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
So, several things. You're actually under by three points for the ratings with the GFD turned off, and two with the GFD on. So feel free to bump the ratings by aforementioned numbers.

SPECIAL FEATURES
From the original sub, I see. Looks fine.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Yep, everything looks fine here.

DESCRIPTION
Succinct description of the changes, works.

Right, so you can change things or I can approve as is. Either way, tag me once you've made your decision.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta Taking a look at this submission once more and I have only one concern. The concern has to do with the Nykkalt coating. With rifle firing a large caliber slug round like that, with a highly vibrative metal coating, there is bound to be some sort of quirks when firing. I think this bears mentioning under weaknesses, as does some mention of the weapon's weakness to sonic weapons for the same reason.

Tag me once more once you've made the changes. Thank you.

I'm not as well-versed in the Wookiee, firearms, or science in general as I'd like, so to be honest I'm not quite sure what those effects would be. That said, I decided to replace it with Reflec. It's been reflected in the modification record.

Edit: Replaced the Reflec with Nightshadow.

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom