Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I've got a bad feeling about this....."

Hello all! I must say that I was immediately impressed with the sheer size and number of Role-Players on this site, that above all else caught my eye and kept me lingering for a few days. After reading through some Role-Plays, a bit of the rules, and some of the site lore, I finally decided to jump in and make my own profile to join in on the fun!

About Me
I'm a lifelong fan of Star Wars in all it's forms as far back as I can remember. The mixing of Fantasy and Sci-Fi elements is something you scarcely elsewhere, and rarer still are works therein done well. That isn't meant as a slight against anyone I swear, just a personal bias. I know there are some that do not like it, but I am an avid EU guy. I've read many of the books and comics out there (The NJO series being my favorite) and nerdy or not I stand by that statement! The Canon of course is great, but if you've read Vector Prime and not felt the tug on your heartstrings when Chewie died you've not experienced Star Wars.

As far as RP goes, I've been Role-Playing for as long as I've had a computer to do so on. I've GMed everything from forums to tabletop D&D, even hosted my own RP site a few years back, so I have a deep well to draw on when thinking of potential RP's and the like. I've been doing play-by-post for as long as I've had a computer to do so on, which makes just finding out about this site weird to me in some way XD.

I'm pretty open to nearly every type of niche of Role-Playing when it comes down to character development. I tend to shy away from romance centered posts just because I've never been good at responding to them, but I place character development above all else. That same line of thinking sometimes hinders me when it comes to true freeform like this site has due to the fact that I like to keep my characters' stories fluid and within reason, and not haphazardly jumping from post to post with little thought of a centralized plot.

Again, that's not a shot at this site or it's way of doing things, just my own personal way of Rping.

Character Ideas
Every time I think Star Wars my mind jumps to Jedi or Sith, as I think most people's do, but that is really limited when you think of all the other sorts of people out there in the galaxy. It is arguable that many NFU's(or Non-Force Users) have equal or more power and skill than many Force Users. I do reiterate, arguably.

With that in mind I really wanted to branch out and try something new for myself and not go Force User right out of the gate. I've always found the Moffs really interesting, and the whole intergalactic government. I also really, REALLY, enjoy fleeting when it's simplified and I do not have to worry about ships coming at me from top, bottom, and every other whichaway.

So, all that in consideration, I think I'm going to go a sort of gruff military sort. Focus him on entirely on being an arrogant prick, commanding ships, and perhaps being xenophobic? Not sure about that last one yet since it's kinda played out, probably look around and see if there are many others like that first.

Conclusion
Well, all in all, that's about all I have to rant about at the moment. If you have any tips or critiques just shout and I'll reply. Always looking for multi post story arcs and the like so if that is up you alley let me know.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Silas Khras"] [member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Bat"]
Thanks, glad to receive such a warm welcome!

[member="Isamu Baelor"]
I'd have to read up some more on the faction before committing wholly to the OS. So far I've only heard rumor of cookies coming into play?

[member="Strider Garon"]
Mando's are actually my second most played character type on SWRPS. I thought heavily about making one, but I feel like doing something different all in all. The allure of being one is strong though, so I may end up making a mando later on.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Welcome to Chaos! I hope you find what you're looking for. If you have any further questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.

There are indeed cookies in the OS. It's a well guarded secret, but we're slowly creeping into the brownie-baking industry as well.

Enjoy your stay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom