Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Ivalian Protodragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevagrantbanner.png

I V A L I A N
P R O T O D R A G O N
milica-celikovic-16-me.jpg
"They're no beast to lay waste to civilizations with. But ain't they mighty cute?"
- The Nomad

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Ivalian Protodgraon
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: The Trawl
  • Average Lifespan: Unknown [Speculation from genetic sequencing could indicate hundreds of years[
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
  • Description: The Ivalian Protodragon is the result of genetic experimentation undertaken by the Ophidian Dusk crime syndicate under the guise of the Ophidian Consolidated corporation. Samples of deoxyribonucleic acid were taken from various species across the galaxy, including both subspecies of krayt dragon native to Tatooine. However, the result of heavy tampering with genome sequences has resulted in a completely new type of creature, distinct from any genetic donor that it is based on. Its creation is regarded as a breakthrough for the organization in the realm of genetics and cloning.

Ivalian Protodragons are carnivorous and boast a set of teeth made to tear through muscle, sinew, and bone. However, two factors hamper the protodragon from becoming a terrifying beast of destruction -- its size and its nature. Errors in sequencing have resulted in the protodragon being roughly the size of a Tooka. Thus, especially when it comes to larger animals, the Ivalian Protodragon is at an extreme disadvantage in hunting and combat. The other factor that inhibits it is the fact that it has an unusually cheery disposition. Hunting does not seem to interest it and it has no real instinct for it either.

The protodragon is able to use the force, another strange and unanticipated feature of the species. The chief scientists that developed the protodragon speculate that this was not the result of any deliberate change or addition to the genome sequencing and happened all on its own. However, although all members of the species are force sensitive, it seems that this is only to communicate via rudimentary telepathy. It is not sentient enough to learn powers such as telekinesis, but it uses rudimentary telepathy to communicate with species that do not understand its patterns of vocal calls and body language. This telepathy is cured, and it cannot send nor understand complicated messages or ideas, but it is able to interpret emotions and basic or simple commands.

While the Ivalian Protodragon is small, its wings do allow it flight similar to the beasts of fairytales, and it often uses its wings to traverse large or unfamiliar terrains while it will walk when eating or playing with another protodragon. The protodragon is extremely playful and will engage in challenges and wrestling with others of its kind. While it will not attack other species, it will defend itself with a combination of teeth, wings, and claws. The protodragon also uses coloring to convey emotion, changing the pigmentation of its scales depending on its mood and desires.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Types I and II
  • Average Height of Adults: 0.38 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: 0.70 meters
  • Skin Color:Multi-Hued
    • Blue, Green, Red, Pink-flecked Scales
    • Pink Webbing [Wings]
    • Cream Scales [Underbelly]
  • Hair Color: N/A
  • Distinctions: There is very little distinction between male and female Ivalian Protodragons outside of reproductive genitalia.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All
STRENGTHS
  • Playful: The Protodragon is very playful and friendly, making it a very good companion or pet.
  • Telepath: The Protodragon is able to use telepathy to interpret emotions and basic commands.
  • Sequencing: The Ivalian Protodragon is a very valuable source to springboard further and more complicated developments into genome sequencing and artificial species creation.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not a Hunter: Its playful nature makes it unable to instinctively fend for itself, requiring constant care.
  • Extremely Rare: Only a dozen or so individuals of the Protodragon exist, meaning that technically it as a species is nonviable and extremely vulnerable to unknown diseases and extinction.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication:
    • Vocal Calls: Whistles, Chirps, Purrs, Barks, etc.
    • Body Language: Facial/Mouth Gestures, Tails, Pigment of Scales.
    • Rudimentary Telepathy: Can interpret basic emotions or commands.
  • Technology Level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General Behavior: Ivalian Protodragons are extremely playful and even loveable like a pet. They do not have any instincts for hunting, and while they are carnivores they are completely used to being fed and living in a controlled environment. With such a 'cheery' disposition, they are not suitable for living in the wild and have been deemed to at best be used as test subjects or pets. Their teeth are made for hunting and killing, but without an internal nature or instinct to do so, the Ivalian Protodragon becomes quite harmless.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
'Conceived' and grown in a tube before inserted into an artificial egg-like casing from which it was 'hatched,' the Ivalian Protodragon is named such because it is in many ways a 'prototype' creature. A dozen or so of these small protodragons were successfully hatched, and from their colorings and preferred meals, they were eventually given a habitat within the Trawl's arcology. Observing the growth of wings on the creature's forearm, researchers were initially excited at the prospect of having created a species much akin to many ancient fairy tales of massive winged creatures that breathed fire and blotted out the sun with their wings. However, after several years of development from these creatures, their assumption was found to be wrong; after minimal physical growth, investigations into the sequencing lead to the realization that the protodragon would only grow to be about the size of a Tooka.

As the protodragon continued to grow and develop in the Trawl's arcology, it became apparent that individuals of the species were more interested in play than hunting. They were extremely friendly and playful and soon it became apparent that they posed no danger or risk, so scientists and observers would usually be in very close contact with them. Many different experiments were conducted -- seeing how well the protodragon would fare in a natural vs. an artificial environment, seeing how it interacts with other species and its own kind, etc. Eventually, it was deemed that the Protodragon was not suitable to be released into a wild setting, and individuals in its species are now kept in the Trawl's arcology for continued use in studying and references for further species creations.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
The Nomad The Nomad

These are the cutest dragons I've ever seen!!! I wanna buy one off your hands.
However, before that, I just have two things I'll need to to correct:

Description | Please link the Tooka as most casual readers may not immediately understand the reference.
Strengths | I recommend adding the basic telepathy as an innate ability under Strengths for this sub just so the ability is covered and accounted for.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
The Nomad The Nomad

Thank you for those edits, everything checks out! And of course, they really are adorable. I hope the scientists find a way for them to survive in the wild so I can nab a few :D

Enjoy the smol dragons!

[APPROVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom