Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its time for Master/Padawn system don't you think.

As it is I know we got pin up who are Master and Knights but who is seeking a padawn and how many one can handle at one time. As it is I feel as I will think some of the others that have came on board. It would be great to have a system of ranking also maybe our own powers of what goes with what level to work on.

As one of things I beleive is that with a Master/ Padawn pair should be a bond one can't bound if they have half a dozen running around.

That is the reason why Academy has been created for those that want to learn as waiting for a Master and just like we want to keep things IC we would want the master pairings to be a good ones.

Thoughts on this matter.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
[member="Connor Harrison"]
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]
[member="Aika Kawakami"]
[member="Nima Tann"]

Also other members of the Order of both the SJO and LS.

[member="Maya Whitelight"] We can't force Masters to take Padawans BUT it would be nice if a Master could take one under his/her wing for a while.

Even IC and OOC, it would make the Padawan feel part of the SJ itself.

Connor IC doesn't think he's suitable to teach others but by taking a risk and teaching [member="Syala Daivik"] and now [member="Chastity Lunelle"] it's pretty much changed his life forever, and in turn given him new stories and myself some very special OOC friendships.

Be it a long bond or a little one to test the water, I think all Masters should take a Padawan at some point for IC/OOC relations.

:)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
We have a master and padawan system. Padawan asks for a master in the request thread and if a master can take them they will. I am not certain what you want to change aside from forcing people to do something, if they don't want to take a student you can't make them. Same as you can't dictate if someone is willing to take as many as they can handle.

Coren is so not a type a student one on one, but with the Frontiers Corps and what not, I'm willing to set up a class every so often to like... enforce certain skills.

But also i write really crappy Forcers who don't use the Force beyond a few skills and as a tool.

Siobhan does train, but she already has a number of apprentices, and will only provide training if I feel a student meshes with this character since ICly she's very picky. People can pm me if they're interested.

Keep in mind that she's a darksider - or a darker shade of neutral at any rate - , though her Force training is rather non-denominated (in other words she won't be yammering about how you should give in to your hatred etc. or actively try to 'turn someone', but she still views the Force as a tool).

I wouldn't mind having a Master that I can carry throughout the swamps of Dagobah.

I mean...we'd have to find a big backpack, sure, I but...ya know.

STAR-WARS-YODA_510.jpg

Gabe Darkstar said:
All I know is I need a master
A master-padawan relationship is a great concept, but it can be difficult to pull off.

I'd point to [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s comments above. It can be hard to find a writer whose character will be a good foil for your own, and that you can mesh with for creating stories.

I've done it both ways myself. Boo became a knight without a master, and only a single training thread. I looked for a master, but I didn't let the lack of someone volunteering stop me from roleplaying or developing my character. I did dominions, an invasion, a skirmish, and a lot of faction threads. And I worked all of my training into those things, even though it was just my character figuring things out for himself. And that activity was what got me promoted.

On the flip side, I had someone PM me that she wanted to be the Jedi Master for [member="Zak Dymo"], and that's been a relationship that's continued even though Zak is no longer in the same faction as his master. And its good to have a dedicated writer that I know I can thread with about anything and everything.

So if you want a master, then I hope you find one, [member="Gabe Darkstar"] But I hope you don't feel like you have to have a master in order to progress or develop your character.

(also, I would train you... except I'm 100% Darksider and am trying to avoid getting murderated by [member="Coci Heavenshield"])

I love training thread in general and teaching..... I have gotten just as many promotions from masters training with them as I have just doing my own thing and learning it. Hell right now I have maybe across all my alts 30 students I am in active threads and it is a blast. Fun to have a padawan like Leigh wh has an idea of where he wants to go and encounter and be along for the ride, or Xander who is a test of patience but oh fun padawan. There was little Zak learning in one thread and joining for a field trip who made it pretty fun and now is going to get to have a special chance for some things in a treasure hunt same as the other students.

[member="Gabe Darkstar"]

You might start off by asking for specific training. One-off threads, learning specific skill sets. Or jump into faction threads. Both will allow you an opportunity to write with a variety of different writers to see if there's one that you particularly like or seem to mesh with before you delve into a dedicated master-padawan relationship.

But, I wish you luck!

[member="Gabe Darkstar"]

You can do one-on-one training with different masters if you like. Even with a dedicated master, I recommend it.

Using [member="Zak Dymo"] as an example. His dedicated master is Republic Jedi Knight [member="Nefertari Sovint"]. But, he's also trained with Jedi Knight [member="Cronos Aegir"], Jedi Master [member="Matsu Ike"], and even the Dark Jedi Master [member="Draco Vereen"]. This was in part to have social threads with other Jedi, but in some cases they were able to teach him things that his master couldn't have.

For example, Nefertari doesn't know Form V - which is something my character is interested in. So I asked a different writer to help train my character in Form V. And we made a 40 post thread out of it.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] is right with this all.

[member="Gabe Darkstar"]

As I have a couple of open threads I'm in your more then welcome to join at this time. ONe being getting a lightsaber crystals.

Also I have another thread going that you could join its bring aid and rebuilding.

I can train you in somethings one on one if you would like also.

Oh by the way Welcome to the SSC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom