Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Nice To Have A Friend

FALDOS
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Miserable planet. Miserable inhabitants. Miserable intentions. Faldos was a den of sin coveted by black marketeers, gun runners, spice traders, and slave traffickers. The worst of the worst all congregated at the tail end of the Hydian Way. This was a criminal's haven. It even made Nar Shaddaa look tame by comparison. The only laws here were the ones made up and enforced by whomever held the most power and influence on that very day. Today one might be answering to someone that tomorrow was no more than a distant memory. There was no such thing as loyalty on Faldos, not to anyone with a brain and the will to survive, that is.

Jamie didn't want to be here. There were plenty of other backwater planets to distance herself from matters of the Jedi and Sith. Problem was she didn't exactly choose to be on Faldos. That was sort of the unfortunate luck she possessed however. Wrong place, wrong time, all the time. She had miscalculated her ship's fuel level and thought she could reach Terminus at the junction of the Corellian Trade Spine and the Hydian Way hyperspace lanes. Turns out she was wrong, and Faldos was as far as she was getting.

The other issue? This wasn't the sort of place the dealt in credits. It was more of a bartering system. Spice for guns, slaves for illicit tech, that sort of thing. Jamie needed fuel, and the expected currency wasn't something she could, let alone would, deal in. She would need an alternative means of getting off the planet, one that involved either stealing fuel, or stealing a ship. And while she would generally disapprove of such a thing, this wasn't a planet full of reputable, well intended souls. She could make an exception.

The sun was still high over the planet, which meant Jamie would need to wait a few hours before sneaking through the spaceport to hijack her way off world.

Kyra had long since learned her lesson on going into things alone. But, she would just like to point out, Caedyn Arenais also said that experience was the next thing that would help her get anywhere in her training. The fact that she was out and trying to handle stuff on her own was just a testament to her growing confidence on the field.

She expected hug upon her return.

She had done NOTHING wrong.

The gunslinger cocked his gun, leveling it at padawan's head. Kyra's expression pinched, her hands slowly raising up to her ear level. "Hey nooooooow. Come oooooooon. This really isn't what it looks like. I dunno what happened to your wallet, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, have you considered looking to any of your other friends over here? I mean look at big ears right there, you notice how he keeps looking down at his boot cuff? I'm just saaaayin~"

The brute gave a predictable glance backwards, a skeptical glance leveled on his cohort, who was little more than a body to get things done. Kyra had been watching them for a day now. Ever since she saw a girl get tugged unwillingly through a side door. Kyra had MEANT to just keep her space; maybe hand over any findings to local law enforcement? Fly back home? Feel like she contributed? Then she realized this place had none.

And she caught sight of that girl's fear-stricken face.

"I'd think I'd know if my man was stealin from me." He took a step forward, unwilling to be played as he twisted the blaster as leveled it against her temple.
Her back hit the wall of the dingy alleyway-- what was with her and getting trapped in them anyway-- as a tight knot curled in her chest. She took a deep breath, trying to imbue a bit of witnessed confidence of a certain Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt as she raised a brow.

"Then why don't you check him and see."

The weight of his wallet pressed heavily into her hip. Her muscles coiled as he looked back.

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

The streets of Faldos weren't the safest. Not for travelers, not for anyone who didn't look the part. If you were a hulking brute with a blaster the size of an arm, folks might leave well enough alone. If you looked like prey that could be caged and sold three blocks down? That's precisely what might happen, should you let your guard down.

Faldos was most certainly not a place for Jedi, or even Sith for that matter, though Jamie suspected the Sith would simply cut down anyone that got in their way if for no other reason than to make a statement, the sentiment still stood. A lightsaber was worth a lot to the right party, and a bounty for a Jedi with a lightsaber? Nearly priceless.

All of this was well in mind as Jamie wandered through what could probably pass as a market district. It was rundown, filthy, and everyone carried weapons in hand or at their side, ready to go. The sight of both humans and aliens alike in cages ready to be sold made her stomach turn, but there was a firm awareness that a single confrontation could turn the entire block into a warzone. Just how anyone called this planet home was incomprehensible to her. Crime was so rampant that even in broad daylight nobody would bat an eye over a murder. They would simply step over the body until it became enough of a foul stench that someone would drag it away simply to be rid of the offense.

Jamie continued to walk a block or so through the district when her eyes drifted down an alleyway that carried the sound of voices arguing with one another. Curiously she paused, watched, and listened for a moment. A small statured red haired girl had backed herself into a wall while a group of brutish looking thugs cornered her, blasters in hand, demanding something from her. Whatever it was she wasn't privy to, late to the conversation and all. But this girl was clearly in need of some help, and at least down there, Jamie wouldn't be squaring off against a district full of armed crime lords from all corners of the galaxy.

Intimidation wasn't quite Jamie's strong suit, so to expect anything short of a fight with this particular group was probably asking for too much, but all the same she would try.

"Hi there." She called out, stepping into the alley. "I would appreciate you not harming my property." Jamie gestured toward the girl. "She was quite expensive and still learning proper behavior. I'm sure we can come to an understanding."

The tension in the alley turned at once, all eyes falling to the petite blonde speaking with a tone that reeked wealth. Some of the men perked, a hungry look to their eyes that no doubt painted her as a target.

Kyra gave the woman a look of utter distaste. "I am not!" And she was so not going back in that bikini! It was in that moment the brute holding her pinned with a gun looked back at her. The force flashed a warning. She ducked. The sound of metal crashing into gravel clattered overhead, the girl's temple spare a blow as she tackled the man's legs. He barely stumbled, but the pain in his hands was enough to make the gun fall. A sharp bite of pain hit Kyra's shoulder as it dropped on her.

She released him, the sound of the other two men reaching her as one dipped forward to pry her up. He was stopped short by the sudden sight of the dropped gun, now in Kyra's hands and leveled dead at his face.

"I'm no one's property," she insisted, a childish pout to her voice. The gun barrel shook ever so slightly, the weapon unfamiliar in her hands. She could have reached for her saber, and she should have. She just knew better than to attract attention like that now.

Where was the balance?

The whole alleyway stood at a standstill. One man looked pointedly to Jamie, the slight jerk to his chin demanding she reign her slave in.

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

Everything happened in an instant. Before Jamie had time enough to react fists were flying and blasters were pointed in every which direction. A real karking stand-off, and to make matters worse Jamie wasn't sure whether or not this girl had taken the cue or if she was actually an escaped slave and thought Jamie was there to reclaim her on behalf of someone else. There was also the look one gave to her that suggested he might find her a prize worth claiming as well.

A. Real. Mess.

"Look." She said, stepping further into the alleyway. "I can't have you boys roughing up what doesn't belong to you. She's young," Deep blue eyes shifted with great focus upon Kyra. "And she has not yet learned proper etiquette." The blonde really did not want to do what she was about to do. It would compromise her identity and make her task of getting off of Faldos that much more difficult. But time was growing short and it wouldn't be long before an itchy finger pulled a trigger. Out came the lightsaber. Left hand drew from the right pocket of her vest, emitter pointed towards the ground. A soft depression of her thumb against the activator switch and with an ever recognizable snap-hiss, a bright yellow beam clawed its way to life.

"I'm only going to ask you one more time to please lower your weapons, leave the girl in my custody, and be on your way."

Last edited:
Kyra held the stranger's gaze, a veil of obvious frustration preventing any deeper understanding from reaching the prone padawan. Well. That was until a snap hiss filled the air.

So this was a time for sabers. Bollox.

That long sought understanding jumped into Kyra's gaze, a bit of excitement parting her lips as she grinned at the woman. The thugs, however, had a very different reaction.

The Brute nursing his hand gave a heavy sigh, gesturing his men off. "Karking Jedi." He spat a wad of gunk down on Kyra, leaving her flinching and giving a look of disgust as she coiled backwards. Her anger begged her to pull the trigger. A single glance at the glowing saber at the end of the alleyway kept her in check. She glared up at the second man, and yet slowly.... both weapons were lowered.

The stand off slowly dispersed, Kyra pulling herself to her feet as the steady thrum of the saber kept the tension fueled.

"I want my here property," The head thug growled. If Jamie thought she had gotten trigger itchy, the pulsing veins in his temple told a future of something worse.

Kyra dodged his attempt for grabbing her arm, nimble and small. "I don't have it!" She scattered back a few steps, giving them a wide circle before darting into Jamie's side. She pressed far too close than was mannered for strangers, but the young zeltron did not care. Perhaps she would just seem scared, but in truth, the fellow Jedi was an anchor for her.

"I don't have it," she insisted, whining in distress into the woman's ear.

Last edited:
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Jamie hadn't much for the gift of premonition, though she could see the path this was likely going to take when the small Zeltron girl didn't turn over whatever it was this man was after. Had she stolen from him? Hard to tell given all the tension. Faldos wasn't the place you went for a relaxing getaway, and thus it was equally plausible that these guys were simply looking for entertainment in assaulting the girl. For a brief second Jamie looked to her, then back at the ruffian.

"She said she doesn't have it, and I'm inclined to believe her."

After all, if she did have it, why wouldn't she have just handed it over instead of being threatened and beaten and possibly even killed in an alley?

Jamie's grip tightened around the hilt of her lightsaber, the thrumming of the vibrant yellow blade creating the ambience of their surroundings. Her free hand reached out towards her side, resting in front of the girl in a gesture of protection. "We're going to be on our way now. Be sensible. There's no need to escalate this further."

Sapphire eyes remained locked onto the group before them though she spoke quietly to her side, "Stay very close to me. We're getting out of here."

Itchy fingers were always one step ahead of the unstable mind. Jamie knew this all too well.

Kyra clung to the woman's side, her finger's tight and clammy on her shirt as she started to walk her away. Her heart slammed in her chest, her forced bravado starting to dissolve into a healthy sense of 'oh chit'.

That had nearly gotten bad, and fast.

A heavy, tense glance was leveled over her shoulder, the girl just as ready for a shot let off on their retreating forms. But for all the glowering fury the two earned, it never came. Instead the big guy's eyes watched their movement almost meticulously. .... Yeah Kyra was gonna sleep with her eyes open for a bit now.

It wasn't until they were safe a few streets away that Kyra's quick steps slowed. She pulled from Jamie then, her hands unconsciously fluttering to the stolen wallet hidden in her waist line. "Whew. Gee, thanks. That was a a close one." She pulled her robes tighter around her, keeping her own saber well out of view. She didn't recognize this jedi-- though she gave her a long, hard look to be sure. Either way she was in no mood for this to get back to her Master!

A hand slyly tucked her padawan braid out of sight, the girl fanning herself as of hot and ruffled. She peered behind them and made sure cost was clear. A tense bounce rolled through her heels. "Welp! I think we lost em, thank you!"

And with no other word, she tried to turn on her heels and dart away.

Last edited:
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Though the gang of thugs were still keen on getting their stolen property back from Kyra, it was now more of a joy hunt to find and ambush Jamie, given her rather lack of discretion once the ruse of claiming the girl was a slave failed to secure her freedom. A Jedi and a lightsaber were both valuable assets in their own way. One was a useful bargaining chip for things, the other was simply a valuable commodity on the black market. It was likely that whatever loss was had by Kyra's theft could be reacquired threefold if they had their hands on Jamie or her weapon.

That meant nowhere would truly be safe unless she got off Faldos. The girl was also no longer going to be safe on this planet, for similar reasons. They would likely assume the two were together, or at the very least imagine that Kyra would know of Jamie's whereabouts. That meant they'd probably torture her for information that she may or may not have.

They needed to leave Faldos. The sooner the better.

As the two made their escape and came to pause several blocks away Jamie was poised to question the girl further. The opportunity didn't quite arise however as she quickly spit out a thank you and then made to bolt another escape. The blonde wasn't the fastest of runners, and this girl was a quick little Zeltron. When she made to escape Jamie pulled at her with the Force to gently but firmly throw her to the ground while shouting after her, "Stop!" So that she could hopefully prevent Kyra from running off and endangering herself further.

The burning question in Jamie's head now would be why she's running from the person who just risked their life to save them.

Kyra have a small yelp, the use of force a surprise yet not all at once. "Y'ow," she complained, rubbing at the hidden object she had fallen on. "You can't do that, that's cheating," A whine hit her voice, her red curls sticking to the dirt-stained sweat covering her face. She looked like a street rat alright. Her accent from the core suggested otherwise.

A small edge of fear flared in her nostrils. For once, the empath made steps to be sure she didn't project her guilt out for the jedi to sense. "Whaaaaaat, do you want money?" She deflected, going up on her elbows and trying to push back enough to get to her feet. "I don't have any. You want my shoes? You can have my shoes. ... They look too small for you though. Maybe I can wash your ship?"

The girl wasn't use to trying to play a part, but she was use to lying about the missing contents of a cookie jar. Playing dumb here came easy to her. She tried to brush herself off, determined to keep them off topic. "What kinda jedi throws lil girls around anyway. Unless you're a sith."

She glanced up at Jamie with pursed lips, giving her a look that suggested she was considering it.

Last edited:
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Jamie peered down at the girl, allowing her a moment to pull herself up, even offering a hand. "I don't want money, nor your shoes." She said with kindness laced in her words and a gentle smile. "And I don't need my ship washed." Her ship did need something, but that something was fuel, and by the looks of things this runaway didn't have that to offer. It was clear to Jamie though that she didn't seem too aware of the danger she was still in, which gave her a hint coupled with her non-native accent that she too, was not from Faldos. Jamie had a relatively decent ear for linguistics after spending years in politics within the old Alliance. While no expert by any means, she was certain this was not a native girl.

"Furthermore I've yet to meet any Sith that let others walk away from threatening them with a blaster. Were I one, that scenario would have played out much differently for everyone involved back there. I'm the best thing you could have encountered in that alley."

Again she smiled and stepped back from Kyra in a non-threatening manner. "But you can't just run off on me now either, whether you like it or not." The issue of getting herself off Faldos became much more time sensitive now. And now there was an additional person involved that she needed to protect, regardless of whether she wanted said protection.

"Those guys will be looking for us, likely more than just the few that wanted to rough you up."

There were always more.

Jamie's words clearly inflamed her, the girl's spine jamming straight as she raised her chin. "Good! Let em! Oh, I'll give em something to be sorry about. They're bad people!" The supposed street rat spoke with more confidence over her skills than a street rat should. Especially given the circumstances of her, er, retrieval.

Like it or not, Jamie was right about one thing. She was the best thing Kyra coulda encountered in that alley. ...Not that the girl would admit it. She crossed her arms and let out a series of huffs, her cheeks flaring in agitation as she found herself at an impasse with her would be savior.

"You're not gonna let up until I agree to go with you, huh." It was not a question, her blue eyes giving Jamie a long, skeptical look. Jedi were so stupid. ... Kyra didn't count, she was just a paddie. Still. Stupid-- "I'm not a baby," she asserted. And still. She knew that look all to well. Kyra sighed, rolling her eyes and tossing out her hands.

"Fine. I won't run off," she lied. "But don't you think it's a bit impertinent, I don't even know you."

Whoa, big word. Nice one. She perked, giving herself a mental high five.

Last edited:
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

The blonde sighed. She was all too familiar with the sort of behavior Kyra was demonstrating. She had been that way herself once. Her younger sister Mariya still acted that way at times. Bravado and pride were dangerous traits in places like this. Perhaps that was what got this girl into the mess she was in in the first place.

"Look," She said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder to try and emphasize some understanding. "I know you're not a baby, but they're going to be looking for both of us, and I could use your help too." Perhaps it was elder sibling in her that forced this sort of obligatory responsibility to ensure the girl's safety, but she wouldn't ruffle her feathers by saying as much.

The hand fell from Kyra's shoulder and extended into a peace offering handshake instead.

"My name's Jamie, Jamie Pyne. I do apologize for my impertinence and would ask that you forgive me."
She smiled, though her eyes told her they should find elsewhere to make niceties, as well as shelter for the evening, lest they be caught out in the open again by their less than welcoming friends. There was still the issue of finding a way off the planet, on top of dealing with this new fiasco.

"We should find someplace safer than the street for now."

Kyra eyed the extended hand, half caught between her indignation and the reasonable twing to the words. Fine. Very well. She couldn’t run. Not when it left the woman vulnerable too. But why would the Jedi even need her help? As far as the woman was concerned, Kyra was a street rat. Kyra didn’t realize Jamie never stated her troubles, the girl simply sensed it and responded without comprehension.

As the woman grew wary of their surrounding, Kyra did too. She glanced around them once, then back to the hand extended before her. She huffed, her eyes rolling as she took it.

“Fiiiine. I have a room, follow me.” And with a grumble, the supposed street rat took off, confident steps leading them though a muddy alleyway.

She moved lightly, no sign of the rough handling she had received moments before. Her spirits were unaffected, and if one did not know any better... the pep in her step looked awfully like small bursts of excitement. She had done it.

The weight of the wallet at her hip was a small victory, but she was not done yet. The girl glanced twice over their shoulder, then pulled them in through a back door.

Kyra wasted no time hitting the stairs. “You can’t stay long. I have things to do!” She chimed, haughty as she finally wiggled the wallet from her waistline and bounced it once in her hand.

She had already forgotten her assertion that she did not steal it.

Last edited:
Jamie thought to ask whether or not Kyra having a room meant it was a safe room or one that was already compromised. If the thugs she had angered earlier knew of, or could find out where she stayed, well...Things would get worse. However in the moment she figured it best not to further prod the girl and instead make the best of the situation by following her lead.

As they entered the building Jamie took one last look left, then right, to ensure they hadn't been followed, before entering behind Kyra.

It certainly wasn't anything glamorous, which would hopefully work out in this situation. Flashy and loud would only make things more difficult. Though as she followed behind Kyra, suddenly the girl began playing with the very item she had sworn she didn't have or steal from the people Jamie had just not minutes ago protected her with blind trust from.

Her faced went red with displeasure, though she remained silent for the time being.

"Very well." She said as they made their way inside, closing the door behind them.

Once in Jamie set icy sapphire eyes upon Kyra, waiting for the girl to turn around to see the look on her face. Arms were crossed, a very parental look of disappointment painted across her face. She had caused quite a stir in taking her side, essentially helping this girl steal from a gang. Oh, Jamie was not happy.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra turned, her smile faltering as she caught Jamie's expression.

You didn't need to be an empath to read this moment. She took a stuttering step back, jamming the wallet right back into her waste line. "Don't look at me like that! They were bad people!" Kyra squirmed, the displeasure in the air enough to make her gut churn. She turned her back to the woman instead, trying to play it off and make the moment pass with a distraction. "You hungry?"

She walked away from the encounter, going over to the bed and pulling a duffle out from under it. Two cans of pop and matching bars of chocolate were pulled out. Kyra could have brought something healthier, but the fizzy fruit sliding down her throat was all she needed to feel a little more human. She tossed them out to Jamie, forcing the woman to catch them or watch them clunk into the ground.

Meanwhile, a weak wave of calming pheromones hit the air. Part Zeltran, yanno.

Kyra glanced backwards, a hint of stress pinching in her eyes as she checked to see if it worked.

"So you need money for a ride out, or..."

She had also claimed to be moneyless. She had claimed a lot of things. It was hard work keeping up with her lies, alright?

Last edited:
Jamie wasn't having it. Not at all.

"Bad people or not, you swore you didn't steal from them. You lied to me." Her tone was stern. The woman would have protected the girl from those men regardless, as they were the sort not to need a reason to do the things they did, it only added to their cause in doing so. The fact was that Kyra lied about it. Jamie would have forced her to return it, and in doing so perhaps they wouldn't have been further pursued.

That wasn't the case now.

"If you had just returned it to them, perhaps they wouldn't still be looking for us."

The blonde crossed her arms with a long sigh, tucking them beneath one another. There was nothing to do about it now. But she would ensure that if it came to it, Kyra would return the stolen item as part of whatever negotiations needed to be made. Perhaps it would prevent any further threats of violence now, or down the road.

Catching the items thrown to her Jamie set them aside on the counter for a moment. The offer was hardly unwelcome, she was a sucker for chocolate herself. For now she had spoken her peace and relented the subject. "My ship ran out of fuel and they wouldn't accept my credits as payment. The Trandoshan at the starport noticed my lightsaber and wanted it as payment instead. So, I'm sort of stuck."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra took the woman's willingness to drop the topic and she ran with it, kicking off her shoes and plopping on the edge of the bed. She seemed to have every confidence the group of thugs she had stolen from wouldn't come after her.

She also thought she was better at space chess than Acaadi Acaadi . She wasn't.

"You're stuck," she repeated, eyeing the jedi skeptically as she chopped down on the chocolate. Kyra wasted no time sucking the milky smooth substance, she chewed and washed it down with her drink instead.

"...What rank are you?" She asked abruptly, nudging her chin Jamie's way as she continued to try and fuss her out.

Kyra wasn't one to ever leave a peer in need, but at the same time she really wasn't suppose to be out here and... she was operating under the desperate need to prove herself. Kyra was deeply unwilling to compromise her task, especially with the newly bought slave's face so freshly engraved in her mind. Kyra knew that if she didn't save the girl, no one would.

It was just a matter of who was in more danger now.

This fellow jedi, or the girl...

Hints of Kyra's own identity laid speckled throughout the room. A padawan robe, bundled up on the ground. A small tie for a paddie braid, sitting on the beside table. Her saber, tucked under the cloak.

A silver jedi pin, peeking out on her duffel bag handle.

Kyra's gaze linger heavily on Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne , judgmental and probing as she plopped the last of the chocolate into her mouth.

"Does anyone know you're here?"

Jamie peeled back the light foil of the chocolate and peered at it for a moment. It had been .... how long? Since last she had such a treat? Had to have been months, at least. The blonde took a small bite, indulging in the sweet goodness before deciding to answer one of Kyra's questions, mildly invasive as it were.

"I'm a Jedi Knight, though...I don't really belong to any order or branch of Jedi. At least not officially."

That likely required a bit of expanding upon. "My training was sort of unorthodox. There wasn't much in the way of Jedi Temples, or classroom learning, or anything like that. My master trained me as we went. A lot of on the go learning." Jamie had always felt it was a better way of learning anyway. There was something to be said for learning necessary skills in the moment, and adapting to your mistakes, instead of learning theories and what-ifs in a classroom.

Biting down on another piece of the chocolate her eyes danced across the room to a few objects, though whatever her thoughts may have been she kept them to herself for the time being.

"Nobody knows I'm here. At least, that was the goal. Can't quite say as much now, of course."

She smiled, "And you? What's your master doing sending their Padawan to steal from thugs?"

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra froze, her fizz turning sour on her tongue as the woman called her out point blank. She could have tried to play it off-- Oh I stole that. I'm not a- no way- you're mistaken! But she was far too overcome with looking like a deer in headlights to pull it off. Kyra was as easy to read as a book. Her guilt flooded her cheeks, a small cough clearing her throat as she swallowed her snack all down.

"Pleasedon'ttellonme,they'llkickmeout." She uttered tightly, her voice high pitch and pleading. The statement wasn't true, but it felt true to the young padawan who got into trouble more often than not. They say she got a master to advance herself, but really they were just trying to keep her under wraps! Or so she thought.

Her palms turned sweaty, sticking to the wrappers as she crinkled them up. Her cheeks flushed a deeper red, her high strung embarrassment sliding to grim disbelief.

"What gave it away?" She asked, a bit of seriousness finally gracing her tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom