Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Nice To Have A Friend

"You don't keep a very tidy space for someone whose looking to hide who, or rather, what they are."

Her tone suggested that she was mildly amused. "But that doesn't quite answer my question. What are you doing stealing from thugs?" The blonde wandered over towards where Kyra sat and took up the space beside her. Crossing her right leg over her lap she waited a few moments, then took another bite of the chocolate, sapphire eyes peering over at the other girl with curiosity.

"Given that your master doesn't know you're here, I suppose my next two questions are why are you hiding out here, and, depending on that answer, why does your master not know you're here?"

Jamie had no intention on taddling, but Kyra didn't know that. The offense would have to be rather grievous for her to actively seek out the girl's master, but truth be told stealing a wallet from some thugs wasn't exactly high on Jamie's thou shalt not list. But making the girl sweat after giving her a bit of attitude and trying to give her the slip after rescuing her felt like due punishment.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra squirmed, the whole facade dropping in one massive woosh. The confident, dismissive street rat melted away, leaving Kyra's shoulders rounded in as she glanced up almost apprehensively.

"I hadda prove him wrong!" She asserted, looking no more strengthened by her explanation than a limp noodle. She side, her appetite soured as she pushed her crumbs away. "Everyone babies me." She crossed her arms as she spoke, her lower lip breaking into a pout. Habits of the youngest in a large family, she didn't even realized she did it.

"No one thinks I can do it. But I can-- look!" She pulled out the wallet, fussing with it and pulling out a data chip. Her expression lit back up as she held it between them, as if the singular chunk of metal was the embodiment of hope.

"They were selling girls. Like-- as slaves! But this'll tell us where they are, and we can get that girl back. You shoulda seen her..."Her mood seemed to collapse again, as ever changing as the wind.

"She looked so sad-- She needs help. You can't take me away now, I have to do this," she pleaded, her lower lip woobling.

Works every time.

Jamie's expression shifted from stern and disapproving to one of genuine concern. The blonde set the chocolate down, tucking it inside the wrapper carefully. With a somber sigh she placed a hand on Kyra's leg. "You know, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you'd just come out and told me this in the beginning."

Sapphire eyes looked to the Padawan, "This isn't something you should do on your own. I will help you. Show me what's on the data chip."

If there was one thing across the galaxy that disgusted Jamie, it was slavery. It was a trade centuries old, one that somehow could just never be stamped out, regardless of the strides made towards its eradication. Still, it never stopped her from trying when and where she could. She sympathized with Kyra's drive to help, even if she thought the Padawan was in over her head and had gone about it more so as a means to prove herself than anything.

"We'll free her together."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom