Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Been Awhile, Hasn't it? {Ventasia}

"Fondor. A couple months had passed since I'd been here. Yet it had felt like years... Time with Circe had been good- though a tad... confusing. Being back here, where I had apparently spent weeks and weeks working, was wonderful. My time at OP had been a little short, but it had been some of the best days in my life. I had made several friends, one of which I was here to see. After I awoke from my coma I spoke to her shortly, calling her 'Second Ven'... Pretty amusing, eh? Her name is Ventasia Terana, and she's a feisty, beautiful, and deadly red-head. Kind of like me. Okay, a lot like me actually. We were both mercenaries before settling with OP. Only difference was that I had sort of left the faction. As much as I regretted it, Circe needed me, and I had left with her. Most likely I'll rejoin them at some point. If Savan will let me, that is.

This whole trip took awhile to be approved. THE STARLIGHT VICTOR, my wondrous ship, had been put in holding, out of my reach. Out of concern for me, my former employer didn't want me piloting it until I was fully recovered. Now that my knees were healed, the baby was safely born, and I had gained back some memories, I thought I was good to go. Yet it still took three days to convince her to let me go. And of course I had to take a droid co-pilot with me, just in case I forgot how to fly the ship. Pretty troublesome, right? But I'm here now, safe and sound. Oi, I think I see Tasia coming now. We're meeting in the Cafe we ran into each other at some time ago. Captain Ven'Rain Sekairo of The Starlight Victor logging off."

Setting my newest journal down I waved at the waitress and ordered a few drinks. Smiling I turned to the door, waiting for my friend to show up. A redhead had passed by one of the windows, though I wasn't sure it was her. Hopefully it was. Seeing her again would really make my day. Plus, there were many things we had to discuss. After all, I did kind of have a son now... Renn'Dar Sekairo. Circe was back home taking care of him while I explored. As much as I wanted to stay and watch him grow, I needed to get my memories back. Certain things seemed to bring them forth, so traveling had seemed like the best option.

Straightening out my leather jacket I sat up, doing one last appearance check. A tie hung around my neck, dangling over a dark grey shirt, both a little wrinkled. Black jeans covered my legs, accompanied by my studded belt. As almost always, I wore my combat boots, which were shined very nicely. Once again my hair was short, this time in a pixie-cut/boy-cut. I liked it, and hoped Tasia would as well.

Speaking of the devil... here she was now.
@[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Rebellious Vanguard
Ah, the streets of Fondor. She'd walked these streets at least a hundred times or so, and even took it as her new home. After all, Corellia didn't hold anything for her. In truth, returning there was simply the equivalent of keeping a bad dream alive. It was time to move past such things, and leave her past behind her. Though there were a few things that she fully intended on bringing into the present with her. One of them being her close friend, Ven'Rain. The two had met some time ago, and seemed to instantly have a connection. It was a bit strange to meet someone who she clicked with so easily. Probably because it wasn't something that happened often throughout her life. Nonetheless, Ventasia was glad that it had happened.

Down the street she moved, her arms crossed over her chest as usual. In what would seem like a moment of irony, she was on her way to meet the re-awakened mercenary at the same cafe they'd had their first encounter at. This was nothing that she had expected. However, it put a rather large grin on her face when she received the call to meet up. Certainly, this wasn't an encounter that she was going to pass up. Her slow shuffle came to a halt as she glanced into the cafe through its front window. There, at a table alone, sat her rather ravishing friend, awaiting her to arrive. Ventasia herself took one last moment to look herself over. Her white, sleeveless blouse with the top three buttons undone clung to her frame without a single wrinkle in sight. Her solid black leggings hugged her hips and legs down to her boots. Yup. She was ready.

Hair pulled pack into a ponytail, Ventasia sauntered into the cafe, making a b-line directly for Ven'Rain's table. Her lips curved into a flirtatious, yet mischievous grin. As she reached the table, her feet came to a stop before bending over at the hip, her face just inches from that of Ven. "Miss me much?"

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

As expected Tasia looked great, just like she had when we had first met. Another big grin popped unto my face when she walked in, followed by myself leaning back in the booth. My right had waved her over, gesturing for her to sit down. Unsurprisingly she didn't at first, instead coming over and leaning in close. Our faces were mere inches apart. Usually I'd blush, maybe even give her a little peck on the cheek. But this time it made me think of Circe, and the time we had spent together recently. There was something I had to tell Tasia. Blurting it out right now wasn't going to work. Yet it still took a bit to hold myself back. So I smirked, booping my friend on the nose, knowing it would likely partially irritate her. It was just how our relationship went. She'd forgive me, of course, especially after the waitress brought our drinks over. Which I was paying for, out of 'generosity'. Well, more because I felt like I should, seeing as I was the one who called her out here.

Leaning back again I opened my mouth to speak, trying to think of a smooth comeback. Didn't go so well. Witty remarks aren't my forte. "Er, who are you again?" I joked, raising an eyebrow. Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep a straight face, and ended up laughing at my own poorly done joke. "On a serious note, yeah, I did miss you. A lot. It was weird not getting to see the famed Second Ven for so long. And oh gosh, the planet Circe dragged me to? The place I stayed at was nice, but there was barely anyone there besides us! Oi, I got lonely... My knees were failing me too, had to get 'em fixed 'cause I wouldn't stop falling over. It's not even funny how many times someone would find me just laying in the hallway or in my room, not having wanted to bother getting up." I continued, going straight into my rambling. Finally I stopped, looking back up at Tasia with a goofy grin. The mad merc had made her return, that was for sure.

Rebellious Vanguard
The grin across the woman's face, along with the smarty smart remark and the slight attack on her nose caused Ventasia to chuckle. Her head shook slightly as she stepped away from her companion, moving to the other side of the table to take her seat. It was always a joy to see Ven, especially when she was out of gear. Not shockingly, she cleaned up quite well, and garnered plenty of looks. All this only made Ventasia smile all the more, knowing that all eyes seemed to be on them. Even the waitress who brought drinks, that had apparently been ordered, to the table seemed to let her eyes linger on the two a bit longer than normal. Oh, how she loved to be the center of attention.

As Ven began to speak, Ventasia herself grabbed her own glass, raising the glass to her lips and sipping from it ligtly. Unshockingly, even as the glass returned to the table, the woman opposite her continued to talk. Her legs crossed as she grinned, simply staring at the woman. Hearing her babble on was a good thing. It was sort of a part of who she was. Without a doubt, it meant she was as normal as she could be. Even as she finished, she couldn't help but laugh at Ven. At the same time, she fought her own angry hearing Circe's name. Oh, she was tired of hearing that name. "So you did miss me, eh? Sounds like you had quite the time. Probably didn't even think about me once. I mean, she wisked you away to some far off isolated planet and did who knows what to you. I swear, it's like she has a permanent tracker on you. Then again, you don't exactly run away from her, hun."

Against my wishes the facial expression I made in response was rather... awkward. My mouth hung partially open, jaw pushed to the left a few milimeters. Even stranger was the fact that the right side of my lips touched, while they were parted on the opposite half. Quickly I adjusted myself, realizing the oddness of it all. The reason behind the 'catastrophe'? I was contemplated on whether or not now was a good time to inform Tasia of the birth of my son. It was clear she didn't necessarily like Circe... So perhaps telling her that her close friend was in love with, and had agreed to bare the childe of, someone she hated wasn't very intelligent?... Oi, but not telling her was rude, and she was bound to find out anyway. Plus, I kind of wanted her to be the Godmother (if Circe would ever say yes)...

"TasiaI'msorryIdidn'ttellyouearlierbutIkindoflikeCirceandwekindofhadakidit'salongstory," I blurted out, instantly regretting it. If there was a right way to tell her, this was surely not it. Face-palming I let out a sigh, irritated at my own utter failure. God, this was one of those times where I really, really wanted to just lay down in a corner in a fetal position and stay there, muttering nonsense about not existing at the current moment. Instead I attempted to make sense of what I had said, and inform Ventasia of what had happened. I just hope she doesn't slap me in the middle of it. "Er, uh, um... You see, I kind of, uh, in a way, might have, sort of, ya know, agreed to an experiment, that may or may not have lead to something that just, er, resulted in a kid... Who we kind of named Renn'dar Sekairo/Darren Savan, since we wanted a partially exchangeable name and uh, god please don't hit me." I finished, hiding behind my hands. This was definitely not how I wanted to tell her, or for this day to go/start. Oi, I'm doomed. Somebody get the funeral ready... "But-what-I-mean-is-that-I-did-miss-you-I-promise-I-just-didn't-spend-the-entire-time-moping-about-it-because-a-moping-mad-merc-is-a-bad-merc..." I added, words rushing out in a blur.

{Translation: Tasia I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I kind of like Circe and we kind of had a kid it's a long story.} @[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Rebellious Vanguard
A simple blink was her only initia response. She could little more than silently sit there as Ven seemed to bear her soul. Even after she finshed her words, Ventasia still just sat there, trying to make sense of what had just flooded into her ears. It took a few moments of silence, but the dots finally connected. Quickly, Ventasia grabbed hold of her drink, downing it in one swift gulp. After sitting for a few seconds, she reached across the table, grabbing her old friend's glass and downing it as well. She trying to comprehend the words she was hearing, though it wasn't easy. Ventasia had always been th possessive type, especially when it came to Ven'Rain. A small sigh escaped her lips as her head rolled back, allowing her to stare towards the ceiling. "You....are so lucky I love you, hun. Otherwise, I'd probably have shoved these glasses down your throat."

She had to accept it. Circe and Ven seemingly always had a thing. Even if it was one that no one could explain. Her lips curved into a sly grin as her head returned to its normal position. "As for the kid....I call auntie. Or god-mother....or whatever."

With a wave of my hand I ushered the waitress over, ordering two more drinks. Though this was the end of my shocking news, I figured that Tasia would probably want some more of the beverage. That and she had drank mine, and I was still thirsty. But hey, it was better then her slapping me or hitting me with the glasses. In fact this was going a lot better then expected. After all she hadn't stormed out, and I wasn't lying on the floor bleeding profusely. Much better indeed. "I know you and Circe don't exactly see eye to eye, or get along most of the time... But I like her. She's done a lot for me, even if I don't remember all of it. If she hadn't cared for me, I would have died before I ever joined Omega... before I ever met you..." I said, voice cracking slightly. The last words were left hanging in the air as I quietly turned and looked out the window by our booth. Hopefully Tasia wouldn't mind the emotional moment... Fortunately it was over soon, and I turned back with a smile. "You'll love him. Renn'dar is the cutest kid I've ever seen. And you're my first choice for godmother, but you can be the aunt at the same time if you want. Once he's a bit older I'll make sure to introduce him to you. Right now he's still a little guy, ya know? Circe barely let me leave to come here. Wasn't to long ago that I had him... But I wanted to explore, and more importantly, I wanted to see you again." It was true. Seeing the feisty redhead had been at the top of my list. That's why I'm on Fondor and not running around other planets, looking for anyone that once knew me.

Rebellious Vanguard
Don't see eye to eye? If that wasn't the understatement of the century. It was literally like two irresistible force pushing against one another. Well, except one of them had a brain that took everything into accountability. But this was where Ventasia always shined. On the outside, it seemed like she was perfectly accepting of everything that had been said. Truth be told, on the inside, she fuming. It was like a roaring inferno had instantly been lit within. Part of her want to dive across the table and crack open Ven's head, just to see if she actually had a brain. Regardless of what Circe seemingly had done for her, she couldn't see any positives from them being together. Now, she was stuck with Circe. All because of how close she was to Ven'Rain. Anger wasn't something she did well, now she had to hide it and pretend that she is okay with everything. How long could she possibly pull this off?

"Well, assuming he took after you, there's no way he couldn't be the cutest thing out there. After all, you are his mother. And you know, you don't have to let her control you. If you want to leave, she can't really stop you. If you want to bring my god-son, you can do it anytime you please. And if you wanted to just get away from her, I'd be more than happy to put you up for.....ever." A small chuckle escaped her lips as she leaned across the table slightly. "Seriously."

Smiling, a let out a mental sigh of relief. So far it seemed like she had relaxed, and was taking the news well. Which was surprising, considering the redheads practically hated each other. Or at least Tasia hated Circe, I wasn't sure how the latter felt about the other. Hopefully this would all work out in the end. I'm not going to give up a friend for a lover, and I don't want to give up a lover for a friend. Plus, there was no way in hell I was going to chose one over the other. Not only would the decision be extremely difficult, it would likely also result in someone hating me for the rest of my life, and potentially attempting to kill me. Especially if I chose Circe over Tasia. God, I'm about to shudder just from thinking about that. Taking a sip of my drink I take in what my companion said and prepare a response.

"For awhile my ship was locked up. People with brain damage aren't usually allowed to fly, at least legally, ya know? After I re-passed the tests and whatnot I had to convince Circe to open the hanger. She was concerned for my safety. And while stealing a ship is something that I feel like I would do, I didn't want to. But look, I'm not going to try to convince you to start liking Circe. Hell, I'm okay with you hating her guts, and disliking the fact that I'm still working with her. You're my friend, and I don't want to lose you over a girlfriend. So how about we talk about whatever, get drunk, and just forget that anyone else exists for awhile?" I suggested, taking another sip of my beverage.

Rebellious Vanguard
Don't strangle her.....Don't strangle her.....Don't strangle......GAH!!! The whole being peaceful thing was failing, and miserably. Fighting to remain calm while being heated at the same time was quickly taking its toll on the fiery redhead. She knew that she had a thing for Ven, but where did this come from? And why the hell did she want to strip the skin from her lover's frame and watch her suffer, slowly. Somewhere along the lines, something between them had changed, even if it was only on one side of the equation. A slight sigh escaped her lips just as the waitress once more arrived at the table with the second round of drinks that had been ordered. Her hand grasped her own glass near the top, allowing her finger to trail back and forth over the rim, eyes fixated on the liquid within.

"Just one thing I feel I need to tell you, and this probably shouldn't be any secret to you. I have a plan for myself...somewhat. I really don't want you caught up in it, so i have to tell you so you can avoid being caught in certain situations. I'm going to use Circe, and get everything that I can from her. Once I'm done with that, it'll only be a matter of time. Once I have an opening, I'm going to do what I originally planned. In short, her head is going to roll and her planet burn, and I'm going to smile while it all happens. That said, only people are aware of my intentions; you and me. What that means, is if she finds out, then i know where the information came from. I love you hun, and I trust you, but one thing is simple. When this all comes to a head, you won't be able to play both sides of the field. My advice? When you feel it coming, grab Renn'dar and stay out of the way. That said....." Ventasia brought her glass to her lips lips, taking a few small sips before returning it to table, a smile on her face as she looked toward her companion. "How's your memory? Anything being triggered?"

Oddly enough, she felt better letting that all out.

Originally I did not react. Instead I sat still, eyes watching the movement of her hands. None of this was going as expecting. God damn it... I knew that one day I'd have to chose between them. But when the time comes, will I even be able to make a decision? Logically the best option would be to side with Circe. I'd known her longer, she'd saved my life, I cared about her, and we had a kid. A fething kid. Was I really going to let his mother be killed while I just stand there? And at the same time, could I let my friends tear each other to shreds? I'm starting to see why I used to be so anti-social. Avoiding these kinds of dilemmas would be wondrous- especially ones of this magnitude. Letting out a sigh (one that was a mix of sad and irritated), I opened my mouth, knowing I'd have to reply eventually.
"You shouldn't have told me. What the hell am I supposed to do?!? Just come barging in one day and shoot up the place I now call home? Kill someone who I love? Watch her die right in front of me? God damn it Tasia. You know I care about you, you know I karking care about you. But I care about her to. If I let you hurt her, I won't forgive myself. On the other hand, if I lose you, I'll never forget it. Do you see this?!? This is a lose-lose situation for me. One day either you or Circe is gonna win, and I'll be stuck trying to crawl out of the pit you're throwing me in," I snapped, voice rising. It wasn't until I noticed the waitress staring that I relaxed, lowering my volume and calming my tone. "And my memory is fine. Only thing is I'm hating myself more and more by the day. I was a queen, a total karking queen. Had complete disregard for sentient life. I don't care if I got better before the accident. I'm glad it happened, because I don't want to remember anything else. Even if it means missing out on the good memories, I don't wan to remember anything else..." Leaning back into the booth I gulped down half my drink, savoring the burning sensation. This day was not going according to plan. Not at all.

Rebellious Vanguard
Sighing heavily once more, Ventasia scratched at her head slightly. Ven was missing a very big point in everything that had just been said. It was almost like she tuned out everything after hearing about Circe's head rolling. But that wasn't something unexpected. It had never been lost on her how strong the girl's feelings for Circe were, no matter her she personally felt about the alien. It was a hope that she could understand what had been said, but when speaking of another's loved one, anything could be easily lost in translation. And this was certainly proving to be no different.

"Calm down, sweetie. I love you, and that's why I can tell you all this. The last thing I want is for you to get caught up in this. Especially considering it wouldn't end well for anyone, and I mean anyone. There's a reason I'm telling you to distance yourself when things come to a head. Honestly, how long do you think either of us can keep up this facade? At some point, one of us will make a move, whether it be her or me. You having to choose is not what I want. All I want is for you to sit on the sidelines and watch. And no matter what happens, don't get involved. While she could ask you to do something to assist her, I wouldn't ask such things of you. All I want is you to promise that you won't get involved either way. Okay?" Once more she sighed, downing the remainder of her glass. This conversation was taking a toll on her. Like a never ending roller coaster ride it was, and she had a sneaky suspicion that it wasn't anywhere near done. Yet, her lips curved into a grin as she heard the best news possible.

"Well, I'm insanely happy to hear that. I always wondered why someone so gorgeous was seemingly so miserable. You never looked like you enjoyed what you did, but credits are a powerful motivator. Nonetheless, there are things from the past that you can remember. Things that bring a smile to your face. Like the time we went to Tegs and Siobhan's wedding. Oh, how amazing we looked together. Of course, in my eyes, you had me beat that day. And by a mile too. I'm shocked I actually kept my hands to myself."

Didn't sound familiar. Hell, it took me a second to even remember who Tegs was. And the only reason I did know as because of journals, not memories. And the person Tegs apparently married? Didn't ring a bell. Just another great thing that goes with amnesia. Why was I only remembering the bad things? C'mon, meeting Circe and talking with mum can't be the only good things I ever experienced... Those were the only happy memories pre-accident I had left. Plenty of things after the crash had been good. There was Renn'dar's birth, meeting my niece, hanging with Circe, stuff like that. Unfortunately this meeting right now wasn't going to well... But it was better then not seeing Tasia I guess. "Don't remember that. But I'm sure you looked better then I did. Even if I wore one of my nice suits I wouldn't compare to you... And back to the previous topic, at least for another few seconds. I won't intervene when the time comes. But even if I don't chose between the two of you, it ain't gonna be fun. If you win, Circe dies. Circe wins, you die. Either way I'm going to lose a friend. Of course, it won't exactly be the first time that's happened."

Ouch. Painful, but true. When the time came it would be just like another pre-accident day. Someone would die. Someone I cared about. And I would have to deal with that. Though I doubt I'd be able to forgive either of them for harming the other. Why did the two people I care about most have to hate each other? Because God, that fething sucks. A sad smile met my features and I downed the last of my drink, not able to look Tasia in the eyes. "So..." The statement went unfinished, and the silence lingering in the air seemed to be laughing at me... Great.

Rebellious Vanguard
With a deep exhale, Ventasia rose from her seat in a huff. It wouldn't take her but a few moments to leave her own side of the table, circling around to where Ven was sitting. Once there, her lips curved into a rather large smile as she took seat next to her, making sure to scoot as close to her reawakened friend without making it uncomfortable for her. The smile still sitting upon her face, her head turned, own eye locked onto those of her companion. After just a few seconds of the warm stare, she'd move to swing her arm around the shoulder's of the girl, making an attempt to pull her close. Being warm and friendly was never something that came naturally, but comforting those she cared for did. a small chuckle slipped from her lips as she continued to gaze into Ven'Rain's eyes. "If you promise to calm down, finish that drink of yours, and pick up tab for the rest of the evening, then I'll tell you one promise I'll make you. Sound fair?"

Is it sad that my first response to her statement was that I had already finished my drink? Not even a blink or acknowledging my surprise at her movements. Just a glance at my drink, which was now just a few drops and some ice. To be amusing (and to do as requested) I picked the glass up and tried to sip up the last bit, only to have ice slid forward and bump my nose. Oi, not what I had planned. Oh well. After setting the glass down I turned back to my friend, finally noticing how close we were. Huh, her lips look really soft... I though, focusing on them for a moment. Then, realizing that it might seem strange, I stopped, looking up into her eyes. Hey, at least I wasn't caught staring at her chest. Then again, we were friends, and she might not mind... Still not going to take the chance- and uh, I don't really er want to, not that they aren't- okay, she can't hear me mentally blabbing about her boobs. I think I can stop trying to explain myself.

"I can calm down. Er, I promise to calm down? Yeah... And I was planning on paying for the drinks and whatever else anyway. After all, I'm the one who dragged you out here," I answered, smiling slightly. Once again my eyes drifted to her lips, for a reason I can't explain. Blinking twice I returned my gaze to her eyes, trying to act like I hadn't just done what I did. Of course, it was still better then staring at her assets.

Rebellious Vanguard
Some things never changed, and happily, this was one of them. No matter what was going on, they always had each others attention. Especially at this type of range. Ventasia raised one eyebrow as she noticed her friend's view dropped. Either she was gazing at her lips, or her chest. Not that it really mattered to her. Either way, it caused her laugh a bit before turning and raising her hand to garner the waitresses attention once more. "I think we could use a couple more rounds over here. Or you could just bring the bottle and save yourself the trip." Her head then snapped back, attention refocusing on the one next to her.

"Well then, I'll keep my promise to you. Times two, actually." A mischievous snicker escaped as her arm moved from around the girl. Her hand then lowered until it rested atop Ven's, attempting to maneuver the girl's hand in order to intertwine fingers. "I know what you hope for. All you want is a happy family with all the people you care for, all four of us together. So, here's what I promise. I promise I will do my best to try and make that dream come true. Just understand that I won't back down if she makes the first move. Also, I'll make any promise you want me to. Anything you want me to do. Just name it, and you'll have my word, hun."

Ah. The things one does for those in her life...good thing she didn't care about many to this extent. There's no way she could possibly do this time and time again.

Hopefully the bill wouldn't be to much... Of course I'd be able to pay for it, but Circe might raise an eyebrow if she finds out what I spend my paycheck on. But as Tasia would say "Who cares what she would think?" I'm allowed to blow credits on a friend. As long as I don't go broke in the process, of course. Well, back on topic. With another little smile I let her fingers wrap around mine as I took in what she was saying. It was a relief to hear they might not rip each other's throats out. If it was up to me I would have just pulled her into a hug right then and there, but the booth and table would have made it a tad awkward. So instead I let my smile broaden, and tried to think of a promise that wouldn't be to hard for her to keep.

"Another promise? Er, how about you, uh, never dye your hair anything other then red because you look so darn fab with it like this?" I suggested, not being able to think of anything. But c'mon, she looked great with crimson hair. Dying it any other color would just be weird. And wrong. So with a little laugh I waited for a response, a smile still covering my lips... Wait, why am I?... I leaned forward, and gave Tasia a little kiss on the cheek. Originally my brain had been yelling at me to kiss her ( on the lips), but I had fought off the urge. I love Circe. Tasia is a friend. I love Circe, Tasia is a friend. I repeated in my head as I pulled back, forcing myself to keep smiling.

Rebellious Vanguard
It was good to see the former merc with such a genuine smile once more, and even more so as she felt their fingers interlock together. Part of her wanted to smash her own head against the table. Why was she making a promise that she knew there was almost no chance she could keep? Ventasia was an instigator. She poked and prodded at people until their worst showed, or until they made a mistake. Nonetheless, it was worth it to see such a warm smile upon the girl's face. Though she had expected something a bit more grand from her. A simple promise to not change her hair? That was a promise she could keep in her sleep, and on her worst day. As a matter of fact, it was never something she had ever even thought of before, for one specific reason.

"Well, that's not hard. After all, believe it or not, the hair is natural. I've got the brightest hair in the galaxy, and I don't even have to force it to be that way." Ventasia grinned wide as she laughed, though something she hadn't expected happened. As she laughed, Ven had leaned forward and placed a small kiss upon her cheek. It was something little, but something large at the same time. She could but simply stare at the girl in silence for a few moments. It was amazing that she hadn't jumped the girl by now. It wasn't like she didn't want to. Hell, right now, all that she wanted to do was kiss her and get her alone. Of course, she was smart enough to know that doing such would only cause confusion for her. After all, it was pretty obvious that she was fighting with her own feelings. And while using someone's feelings against them or to her advantage is definitely something she would do, that kind of thing would just be wrong against someone this close. Instead, she simply exhaled deeply, trying to cool the heat that seemed to be building within. "I'll give you one more chance to come up with something, since that was obvious just something that popped into your head. This time, think of something that you actually want."

"B-but I do want you to keep you hair this way," I said, pretending to frown. For a twenty-nine year old I sure did act like a kid. That's what makes me amusing- especially to myself. Apparently Tasia found me amusing as well, having laughed at my suggestion. My very real, genuine suggestion. What else was I going to ask of her? To not tape me while I'm drunk? And to not post those videos on the holonet? Because that, well, er, wouldn't be good for my reputation. Let's just say the mad merc gets a little flirty while under the influence, and may or may not be horrible at drunken dancing. Perhaps that was a good promise? Or Tasia good be looking for something more serious. And I'm the last person one would go to for a serious answer to such a question.

With a little sigh I thought, searching for a sincere response. A more... suitable one then my last. Finally I found it, one that I knew she'd already be trying to keep. But I wanted to say it anyway. I felt like I had to. "Well... I want you to be my friend. For a long time, ya know? I don't want to lose you. So... promise to do your best to put up with me. I know I'm not always the easiest to talk with, but I swear I mean good. If you ever get tired of me, promise me you'll leave. No matter how much I need you, I don't need you suffering for it. And make sure to keep yourself happy... That's, er, that's it."

Rebellious Vanguard
Such a response was unexpected, honestly. She half expected her to give a more sarcastic type response. Receiving a suggestion that seemed to be completely genuine set her back a bit. Though it was nice to know that she was always wanted, even though that was always known. But still, actually hearing someone say that they always wanted to be with you created an incredible feeling, even if it wasn't meant romantically. Then again, she didn't know which of Ven's actions or words were influenced by romantic feelings and which were brought on by her normal flirtatiousness. Then again, Ventasia did read into things too much from time to time. Perhaps this was one of those times...

"Well, that was oddly...odd. An answer from you that wasn't sarcastic? Your definitely a new you." A small snicker slipped from my lips as my eyes drifted downward, gazing at the our interlocked hands. "If that's what you wan, then it's a promise. I'll always be right here, by your side. No matter what. Because there's simply no place I'd rather be." With a heavy sigh emitted, Ventasia rose from her seat, albeit slowly, to move back to her own side of the booth. Even as she moved there was no rush or sense of urgency. Actually, it was almost as if she didn't want to move from where she was sitting. Then again, of course she didn't. That was obvious to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom