Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply It's a Pirate's life for Me!

Outfit: Mandalorian Armour (Looks like this)
Equipment: Rifle, 2x pistols and several thermal detonators
Objective: Chaos, Piracy and Money!
Tag: Open

The burst of his jetpack sent Rhys clear over the jump between rooftops.

He was on the chase. There had been a bounty sent for someone, stolen goods or stolen the heart of a married woman. It was totally unclear, something had been stolen and Rhys had been tasked in killing the target and bringing them in cold.

The chase had been something going on for an hour now, the target was a spry Devaronian who was rushing around the streets. It was impressive running around, potentially using the Force that folks talked about. The Mandalorians that he had been hanging around with that spoke of the Force and those using it as dangerous renegades who would slice you down for looking at them wrong.

It sounded like a load of mystical voodoo nightmare stories in his mind. Jedi and Sith existed sure, but this all dangerous and all powerful Force seemed a bit far-fetched.

If there was a power like that in thr galaxy, why weren't they preventing criminals like him from pirating through life.

Rounding a corner, Rhys pulled his rifle off his shoulder and shot at the ground. A warning shot at the feet of the bounty.

"Good chase but ya gotta come with me lad." Rhys called out to the Devaronian.

The bounty looked back at Rhys, "it wasn't intentional! I didn't mean to do it!" He cried out as Rhys' armour sparkled in the sunlight.

"I'll make this quick for you then." Pulling the trigger, he shot the bounty through the heart. "Wish you died closer to the ship. Dragging ya heavy butt back there is the real suffering here!" Rhys grumbled darkly.

Grabbing the cuff of the Devaronian's shirt, he dragged the large body back to his ship.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

Tag | Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol

As a crowd scattered thanks to the gunshot, a woman with pale skin and piercing scarlet eyes was sitting at a nearby table. She taps a sip of her drink before standing up and walking over to speak with this fellow, he sparked memories, ones that amused Keres.

"You seem to be having issues dragging that along, dead or alive I take it?"

She speaks in a soft voice, as if she knew the whole ordeal... This lady looked too refined, too posh.

"I could offer some assistance."

Odd that a woman of her looks would offer to help drag or pick up a bloodied corpse, chances are that it would get guts and blood on her lovely black dress.

Tag: Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

As he hefted the body out of the street, a voice called out to him. Looking over, he spotted a young woman and tilted his head with a smirk on his lips behind the helmet. "Oh, this one was asked for dead. Apparently he stole.... Something. Claims it was by accident but I get paid for bringing his dead body back to the client so I don't care really."

Rhys chuckled as if he was talking about normal job issues, something more mundane than dragging a body around. His pheromones were also exuding a positive and flirty vibe, attempts to keep the stranger from attempting to attack and thanks to the full armour, nothing in his appearance gave the idea that he was a Zeltron for them to be cautious about it.

"Thanks for the offer but I would hate for you to scuff that lovely dress of yours!" Rhys responded, he also hated the idea of someone attempting to take half of his bounty as well. It was his money.

Dragging the body along, Rhys kept eyes on the stranger, "got a pretty name to go with the pretty dress and pretty face?"

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

She gives a lighthearted shrug, watching as he continued to work along the now dead target.

"You may call me Adeline, I used to do this same game."

And the woman still remembered all of it, each hunt, each capture.

"Do you need the whole body? Surely there is a way to make the load a bit lighter, if you get what I am saying."

She then kneels and tries to inspect the body as it had been pulled along.

"You don't know what he stole? Nothing on his person to help figure out what?"

Tsk... There could have been interrogations, but what is done is done... And who was she to deny a kill?

"J
ate'kara is more often found be opportunistic yet smart beroya. How opposed are you to using AI to help track down targets? I made one years ago when I was hunting, by no means is it going to fly a ship. But it can find almost anyone, and break into almost anything."

The strange woman spoke his tongue, Mando'a. She also seemed to be offering a tool, one that has been around the underground scene for a while now.. Her
Howl_Runner.

"Game? I suppose it could be a game... I just prefer games like beer pong, or drinking ones. This is more paying the bills." Rhys chuckled, not that bothered on how Adeline viewed this how deal as a game. It was curious and that made him interested in her more than he had been initially.

Nodding his head, "nice to meet ya. I'm Rhys." Introducing himself in return. "Well...phew...better to take the whole thing back. That way...grrr...they can't accuse you of giving a fake or cloned part. Though... Guess they could do that otherwise...."

Rhys then stopped in the street and patted the guy down for any ID or credentials that weren't easily faked. "I was told what he stole, but might have been something like a heart or love or jewellery. I tried paying attention but then I saw a pretty cool butterfly. It had like ultraviolet colouration or something. It fluttered around the garden like a dancer and the definitely took some pollen from plants. Don't think it was perfectly symmetrical either, I think it had a dot or two more on the left wing than the right. It was hard to count with the graceful fluttering but I did really try!" Rhys paused with the search of ID while he talked very animatedly about the butterfly.

"Sorry. Lost my trail of thought.... I was talking about the butterfly, but what were we saying before that?" He tilted his head, he had been absorbed by that butterfly again that his mind completely lost track of what it was doing beforehand.

Hearing Mando'a Rhys chuckled, "speak it better than me. Still a little rusty with it myself. AI? Well.... I rarely trust something that I can't seduce." He chuckled deeply and shrugged his shoulders as he continued to carry the body back to his ship, forgetting he was trying to find ID of the guy on the body.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

"Well of course dear, the game! Cat and mouse, predator and prey, it goes by many names. Is there no thrill in the hunt for you? Thrill can be so many things, long ago I held the same thrill. It wasn't just about the job, it was about the money too."

Adeline had no idea what butterfly he was talking about, but it was always interesting to hear passions.

"If I speak it better than you, then you must be a foundling."

What all she knew was thanks to her many run ins with his kind, mostly from Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla actually.

Seeing as this individual had seemingly blanked out when talking about something on his mind, Adeline herself digs through some pockets... Knowing where underworlders seemed to hide pockets. After finding what must be the real thing, she offers it over to this strange man.

"Your place in trust is an interesting choice, but if you so desire to not have the tool then to each their own."

There were interesting times where her black heart felt a sense of pity, the stranger reminding her more and more of the past.

"What deeply drives you?"

It would appear that he was being studied, perhaps even this whole time? This refined looking woman seemed to know a lot, even claimed to be once part of a lot. There was more to her, what was really watching him behind those piercing eyes?

Tilting his head, Rhys thought about the cat and mouse analogy, was that what he enjoyed about the bounty hunting? "I suppose... I never really thought about it too hard. It was just easy source of money and can't have real fun without credits." Shrugging his shoulders, "I would do some shock boxing, fighting tournaments and such for drinks as well."

Though it had been awhile since he had the chance to do some serious tournament fighting for credits.

"Yup." Rhys felt no shame in being a foundling, he had been many things in life and able to be a foundling was a restart in his life. One that made things better.

Taking the ID, Rhys paused and then dropped the body with a hard thud. "Ohhhh!! That was what I was doing before the whole butterfly distraction. Damnnn... Thanks for that!" He chuckled as he pocketed the ID and nodded his head in thanks for her help.

"Well, you made this AI. It is under your control, if someone pays you enough, you can turn it on me." Rhys pointed out, he wasn't being critical, it was just distrust of a salesperson. Especially when it came to tech with the ability to fuck with his jobs.

When asking about what drives him, "good vibes. Fun, entertainment and to never feel sad." It was the clearest moment of Rhys being a Zeltron.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

"My my, you make it seem like the tool is more advanced then it really is. Each and every one is just for the user, how would my userbase trust me if it was all within the same web? I cannot tap into any other besides my own, and even if someone broke in to try and find your location it would give them the truth... It is everywhere, it exists within the holonet."

Simple, effective, brutal. This was the AI made by her in the past, when the Jackal was out to play.

"Never feeling sad... I see. And what is it you do to stop existence from causing this? Causing sadness? Does it empower you? Make you drive yourself to enjoy everything for what it is worth? What of those who see your passions as dangerous? People who impede what joy and entertainment you can have with the sands you have left?"

She runs small crumblings of dirt between her fingers, letting each grain fall down like the sands of an hourglass.

"Your answer was very humble, but I am sure there is more to it. What really drives you? How do you protect your way of life? Have you ever been pushed to your very limits before?"

The woman smiles faintly, watching and waiting. It was as if her eyes were trying to pick up any emotions given off, perhaps this was a test.

Rhys chuckled and shrugged, "I appreciate your sell, but I don't know you and your word doesn't mean much when I have no clue the type of person you are." He wasn't trying to assassinate her character or be rude, just upfront and honest. "Perhaps if we get to know each other better then you might have an easier time convincing me on this but right now, I know too many criminals and their scams to blindly accept something from someone I met while on the job."

He would have offered a charming smile along with the friendly vibes he could produce with his pheromones as a Zeltron. However, he just stuck to the pheromones.

"Oh, that's easy. You just drink, party, ensure there is an atmosphere of total positivity and a clear lack of desire to commit harm." Rhys chuckled thinking about how beautiful Zeltros was for those reasons. "I avoid causing sadness, makes for bad vibes so I keep away best I can. This was work, likely why I am not keen on it too much like you were." Rhys shrugged his shoulders.

He then wandered to his ship, the Milwr Bach, "preventing others is never too difficult, truly depends on my actions and the way I approach their misgivings. Often some pheromones, a little talking and a few distractions and I can get away with whatever I wanted." Rhys chuckled deeply.

Chuckling once again, "my life is the only thing I defend to the death. Everything else, you assess the cost/benefits and go from there. If the profits aren't worth the fight, then leave, find a new angle. There is always new angles." Rhys never lingered or allowed others to keep him distracted or forcing him to fight when there were easier ways to do something.

If it wasn't profitable, why keep trying?

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

"Causing sadness.. Just drink and party? Sadness is a part of life, loss, pain... All these things can be used if you don't crack under the pressure. You can't always pick your battles, but you can make almost all of them profitable. Learning, that will get you where you desire, and unfortunately for you there is only so much learning you have left."

The pale woman reaches into a pocket, pulling what looked like a pure gold coin out, though if his eyes knew metals he could tell it was aurodium.

"I never did approach to sell you something for mere credits or trinkets, I have as much of that as I could ever desire... No no, what I do is inspect others, make them better. You are potential, and I specialize in molding that very thing."

The very jungle around them fell silent, the air heavy.

"What of the day your scents don't work? Do you really expect such a thing to work for everything?"

A darkness began to overtake the area, in time the visibility was like being in the abyss of an ocean... With the only real light coming from two scarlet eyes.

"Fear, anger, greed. All of these things can guide us to greatness, some even find a strange sense of comfort in having a lack of control. To let it all go and embrace insanity, charming really."

And just like that he would snap back into the light, the darkness had vanished and the sounds of the jungle were back.... But were they ever gone? Was it some sick joke? A prank?

"I will introduce myself once more, you may call me Keres. Darth Keres, lady Keres, or General Keres. If you ever decide that you need more in life... I can sort that out."

With a flick of her finger she sends the coin up in the air before catching it, with a calm expression she faintly smiles again right as she tosses it to him.

"That coin means more then just credits, it has seen the hands of civilization to civilization. Many years has it traveled to be here right now, take it and keep it... What it has given you today is something precious, far more than I could ever give for now."

Rhys took the aurodium coin, not sure why it significant given that it was pretty standard payment for those in the criminal business. Removing his helmet, the Zeltron revealed his physical features. "I am not sure you understand, sadness for me. That is not an emotion I wish to experience." It was not something that provided him with joy, he rather convince others to willingly do as he wanted with joy and happiness and then feel hurt and betrayed when Rhys was no longer around.

"Even the eldest of Zeltrons can get the pheromones going, and more if they desired." He winked flirtatiously with the woman. He could tell that she was attempting to recruit him for some evil, nefarious, likely Sith based cults. But Rhys knew better than to simply sign up, the Sith were never as fun as he wanted them to be.

Watching the Sith warp the reality around them, Rhys waited patiently and then looked back to Adeline. "The Sith murdered Mandalorians, committed horrendous acts against our culture and our ways. And then on top of that, you think the worst emotions in life, the most toxic emotions that I would have to feel twice, is something I would willing pursue?"

His pheromones stopped, he did not attempt to consider using them but he did not walk away. "Life is short for me. I have one of it, I wish to be happy, to be depraved in fun ways and to live without worry, fear or anger."

"If you want to experience life to the fullest, drop this Sith nonsense and seek me out. I can definitely show you a great night or two." He winked once more to her before turning to his ship once more.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Onderon

"It is all a means to an end, besides... You wouldn't want a night with me."

She snickers, having her own jokes it seemed.

"You know that genocide was done by one man right? One single man, Carnifex. I actually respect your culture, your people always make for real battles. Perhaps we will meet again one day, or perhaps when you grow old you might remember my offer... When you miss those wild nights bathed in neon."

Today was a day to relax, a day for chit chat.

"I do understand, I never once wanted to feel sadness or loss. But some are born into this existence riddled with it, for those who don't understand all of this I seek to help them, yes.. To help them. Cure them of idleness so they can protect what they love, sadly it is by blood we learn."

Her own way of seeing the galaxy was not a truth everyone wanted to hear, but to her they needed to hear it.

"The coin represents mercy, a rarity for me to give. But, I had tossed the coin and fate decided that your way of life goes on for now. As I said, keep it... It is more important than you think, maybe get something nice with it. And, no the gesture was not meant to be a threat.. It is the opposite. May you find luck with your hunts, little foundling."

And just like that the woman faded into a swarm of bats, flying off into the jungle night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom