Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's A New Galaxy (Witches)

“Dear Niece, I claim this marking proudly because not only did I mark a Sith, I marked a lover.”

Shrugging off TiCira, she’s grown tired of the woman’s clinging nature to the order of things. Spencer had seen as much as an 18 year old has seen in the galaxy. The way she had been doing things with Ashin, she felt was the right way to do things. There were fewer deaths with her style of doing things. Looking towards her mother, she nodded hearing what the woman inside of her head.

“Mother, I’ll be leaving with Father but I won’t be staying with him and he as well as you know that.”

Sighing softly, she was growing more uncomfortable with the situations she was in. Her hand reached up and touched softly the necklace that Ashin had given her for protection. The necklace was charmed with Sith magic, it scrambled her aura but was only strong enough when she wore her mask. Looking back towards Ti’Cira,

“Do you have anything else to say Niece?”

Kamon nodded at what TiCira said, but first glanced over to Spencer. She was becoming agitated with this situation. Not that he particularly blamed her. Coming home to see your family and then having one of them straight up attack you would upset him as well as it would her. Though, there was a difference in attacking when it came to the Echani. He reached over to touch her arm lightly, as if in reassurance, before he spoke to TiCira.

"We do have an alliance with the Republic by the necessity of being on their border. The plan here is to form a more solid alliance with yourselves and the Mandalorians to work together as a triumvirate in defending our space. We know what's going to happen, and I'm sure you do as well. The Sith are going to continue down towards the Republic, just as the Republic is going to move up towards the Sith.

"Inevitably, our three factions will be caught in the crossfire, or become attacked by one of the two, as they are only bent on destroying each other. In reality, neither will care of the outcome towards our groups. They would rather assimilate us. We don't want that, and we know you won't want that.

"This alliance would supercede our alliance with the Republic. If you or the Mandalorians were to be attacked by the Republic, we would aid you, not them. Similarly, if the Sith Empire were to attack you or the Mandalorians, we would aid you with ships and soldiers. We do not wish to see our people destroyed, and we don't have any desire to see you destroyed either. Our two people have common bonds and that is respected."

He turned to look at Petra for a moment, and then looked back to Satara.

"You know I would never see harm come to your world, Satara. I care about this planet and its people. That care is now translated amongst my people. Should you accept this alliance," he motioned towards the ship behind him, "this vessel will belong to you. The crew will stay here and train you in how to operate it. I am sure it will help you in the future. Her name is Khonsu's Blade, in honor of the moon, as my people worship it. She will help you do what you need to, and she can help you quickly contact us if you need us."

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

"All the more reason to be wary of your actions." Under Ti'Cira, Lu'na lurched, pawing at the ground furiously some more. Her expression remained stoic as she stared down at her great-aunt.

"For one of the Ancients power to betray their clan ever so easily."

Her eyes darted over towards Kamon, "Then you speak of negating the pact you made with the Galactic Republic?" her tone came off rather incredulous. Again, Lu'na's claws pounded at the ground in her wariness.

Ti'Cira drew her attention then to Satara. Her next words would surely lead the discussion.

He nodded at @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] and her words.

"If they attack you or the Mandalorians then yes, we will breach our alliance with them. As I said, the alliance between you, the Mandalorians, and ourselves will take precedence over our alliance with the Republic. In reality, we see the Republic as not being much different than the Empire. Conquering is their goal. Spreading. Once they have control over a great many worlds they'll repeat the same cycle they always have. We don't want that."

None of this sat well with Petra. This was a mistake in the making if this was allowed to continue. Anyone that stood to be a Jedi and openly declare that alliances and pacts met nothing to them. Petra did not want them around or deal with them. Honor and power in words was all one could rely on and the Jedi words were becoming even weaker.

Petra glared at the Jedi Echani male. “Your words reek of falsehood and weakness. I will not deal with on that openly admits to such actions. Words are binding and yours appear to just fray and snap apart, Jedi. It is clear you are blind and it is a sign of weakness.” Petra had enough if a Jedi could ignore everything he brought to Dathomir. Then it was over from the start.

@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

"Foolish of you, Nightsister. I can see what you see. You despise me for being a Jedi, and yet Jedi of your own people stand before you."

To make the point stick, he motioned to @[member="Satara Hawk"].

"I trained the Clan Mother here in the ways of the Jedi many years ago. She was, and will always be, my apprentice, but on top of that, she is my friend, my confidant, and the mother of my twins, of which Spencer here is one. My words mean everything. We have an alliance with the Republic because we share a direct border with them. The threat here isn't us breaching our alliance with them, as we have no desire to attack them. The threat is them breaching the alliance with us. To attack the ally of your ally is a breach of the alliance we have made.

"I do not speak of throwing things away on a whim. It takes serious action for things to break down, and to be fair, we would approach the Republic diplomatically before fighting them. We would intervene as mediators if they came to attack you or the Mandalorians. That is what is going on here. There are no false words, no lies. You perceive deception because you are so wrought with hatred that you can't see the hand of friendship being offered to you. Seek clarity, Nightsister, not darkness."

@[member="Petra Cavataio"], @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], @[member="Elayne Hawk"], @[member="Cai Sanis"], @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

The Singing Mountain Ma'tra fell silent after speaking her last words, listening to what her former Master wished to speak. He spoke of middle grounds which the two worlds shared with the mandalorians. The Witches had already spoken to the last group, they knew their troubles. What he had come was to speak of an alliance between the three factions which stood between another great war.

The words of @[member="Cai Sanis"] made her turn her head to him for a brief moment. He spoke of their already established ties to which Satara offered him a small smile and a nod. Whatever the ties between the Dathomiri and the Echani, their ties were stronger but also more private. Not once she wished to discuss before the Nightsisters.

Slowly, she glanced at @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] as her great granddaughter spoke of an alliance with the Republic then returned her gaze at last at her Master.
All his words of a great war to come and he already had an agreement with the Jedi? Clearly, the Clan Mother, for all the time she had been back on Dathomir, she had focused too much on the clan and planet affairs and was not informed of such things. But that was why their elders were so important, to keep a pulse on things where one woman could not.

"So you come to us after you've set a treaty with one of the most powerful factions in the galaxy?" She shook her head slightly and smirked. "Kamon, Kamon, you should know us better than that." A new alliance would supercede the one with the Republic? For if they attacked either of the three factions,
they would aid them.

Again, @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"] addressed her in particularly. Spoke of caring for their planet and its people. Offered even the ship as part of their possible alliance. TiCira's question made her smile just a little bit more. The young elder of their family knew what things were important. Unfortunatly, Kamon didn't. Which was a shame for her as she'd always had much respect for the Jai. Though he had said it himself. In reality, they didn't see the Republic being much different than the Empire, their goals alike.

While @[member="Petra Cavataio"] spoke, Satara still weighed in all of which the man had said and all which the other had said. The Nightsister declaired that his worked reeked of folsehood and weakness. The Singing Mountain Ma'tra remained quiet all the time the much older woman spoke and even her former Master spoke though Petra had been right about one thing, of words needing to binding and none of that was seen here.

Finally she took in a deep breath and rose her head, her blue and green gaze remaining solely on Kamon. "Jai, you say one thing but my grandchild asks the right question and my darkside fellow ma'tra points the right things. I will say this first. The witches of Dathomir will never align themselves with the Jedi or the Sith, with the Republic or the Empire. Our agreements with smaller factions are solely because of their direct impact on us. That is the first and most important why we agreed to form an alliance with the Mandalorians." She took in a deep breath and paused, her eyes wandering for a moment to Spencer. Though her words to her have been spoke and Satara was sure of each and one of them.

Turning her head back to Kamon, she exhailed the breath she only now just realized she has been holding as her chin moved a little higher. "While you have an agreement with the Jedi, you cannot be aligned with us, Kamon. Do not come to us offering us pretty technology and speak of possibilities in which your treaty with the Republic could become null and void. If you truly wished to be our allies, your only answer should have been that it was already null and void."

Null and void. That was all that Satara wished to hear. She would not and could not allow her people to be aligned with any of the largest factions or those who have already aligned with them. "We seek clarity, Jai Master. We will not allow anyone to throw us into a war not yet started by anyone."

Kamon lifted his hand and rubbed his face lightly.

"The whole point is to avoid a war, Satara. Yes, we are a culture of warriors, but we are not so daft as to wish to fight a war!"

This was not going as he expected it to. For a moment he closed his eyes and held up a finger to ask for a moment of silence while he thought these things over. He didn't understand the hatred for the Jedi. For the Moon's sake, Satara was one. He'd trained her himself, so why reject an alliance with the Echani just because they had one with the Republic? And it wasn't the Republic they were rejecting it over, it was the Jedi.

"Our alliance exists with the Republic because we share a direct border with them. As soon as we came out of our shell of silence we sought one with them because we did not wish for them to swoop in and assimilate us with their larger forces. It was for our safety. In reality, with this alliance between you, the Mandalorians, and ourselves, we'll have no need of an alliance with the Republic because we know we'll have your support if they attack us."

This was a delicate situation and he knew it. Fortunately, there were options. Lifting a hand he rubbed his temples.

"I negotiated the alliance with the Republic because at the time I was part of the Republic. That said, I can negotiate its end, as well. What I also know is that you have rituals of binding. If you want to know our resolve on this, I will endure such a ritual for the sake of an alliance between our people. And when we're done here, I'll contact our Council and then I'll contact the Republic and tell them we wish to change our alliance to a simple non-aggression pact. Our people want this alliance with you and the Mandalorians.

"The Republic and the Empire are dangerous for this galaxy. All they want is to confront each other and assimilate everyone else. Our intelligence tells us the Sith already assimilated the Remnant. Can you accept this alliance if we turn our alliance with the Republic into a simple we don't attack you if you don't attack us affair and with me willing to go through a binding ritual to prove our loyalty?"

@[member="Satara Hawk"], @[member="Petra Cavataio"], @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"], @[member="Elayne Hawk"], @[member="Cai Sanis"], @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

@Satara Hawk, @Petra Cavataio, @Elayne Hawk, @Cai Sanis, @Spencer Jacobs @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Ti'Cira, as much as she was loathing to admit it, the Nightsister was right. How easily the Echani had been able to break his agreement with the Republic; In her experience, those in political endeavors rarely ever stayed true to their word. Underneath her Lu'na shifted anew, tiny dustdevils swirling as her large clawed paws scratched over the ground.

However, she couldn't deny that the Sith were drawing nearer; having her dearest aunt brazenly display her brand with one did not bode well. She shouldn't have come. Nor should have Kamon brought her here. A hand drew over the thick skull plate of the rancor underneath her, soothing her to calm down.

"Pardon my abruptness, but it gives caution to how the Echani would so easily break an alliance over something that would benefit them and your people." If anything, Ti'Cira was blunt. Not to mention, she was not in good humor after seeing Spencer here.

A dark ebon brow rose, "How curious that you, who were part of their assembly, would fear assimilation from the Jedi and the Republic." the emphasis would not go unnoticed. "I didn't know that they had such grand illusions to a manifest destiny.... and would assimilate all to their bosom of diplomatic political game."

That's what happened when one had an information broker as a Captain. While she didn't know everything, she could definitely know what had been blasted in the holo-network. Kamon's term in the Republic was no different.

"What of the Mandalorians?" she asked, her voice cool. "Just what do they think of your offer?" that would be the interesting part.

Well it was fun but Petra was done with this joke and waste of time. No matter how the Jedi want to slice his cake. He was not going to get anywhere as long as the Republic was partner with Echani. So she wiped her hands together in the act of washing her hands. Without hiding her feelings with the man, she let her thoughts be heard. “It’s over, Jedi… No clan will side with you as long as you are pawn of the Republic. So you and your soldiers get in the ship and leave. The exile and mate can remain if they desire but as far as it goes for you… you are not welcome here again.”

@[member="Satara Hawk"], @TiCira D’Arr Hawk, @[member="Elayne Hawk"], @[member="Cai Sanis"], @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

(I think this one is over due to lack of posts)

"I go where I wish to go and so long as my children are part of this world, I will come here. Besides which, Satara is my friend. You don't scare me, so don't try and tell me where I can and cannot go."

He stared right at @[member="Petra Cavataio"] when he spoke. Turning back to look at Satara and Ti'Cira, he shook his head.

"I'm disappointed in you both. Your rejection based on an alliance meant to preserve us, an alliance with people you've both known, astounds me. As for the Mandalorians, I do believe we've already solidified an alliance with them. But if you wish to remain here, alone, against the coming Sith hordes, then so be it. Do not call us for help."

And with that, he disappeared into the white current, becoming invisible to them. He took a single step backwards and waited. He was making a point that the Nightsister spoke for no one but her own when it came to whether he was welcome or not. That and he was waiting. Waiting for the others to finish talking before they left.

@[member="Satara Hawk"], @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

She sighed... She didn't speak for her clan, so she really had no reason to talk but she knew this was wrong.. it was her sibling's father... and well he couldn't be that bad. She was holding Cai's hand tighter than she had thought. Elayne knew better than to speak, she stayed silent... watching as things continued to unfold. She didn't really have a place here.. it was ultimately her mother and niece's place to talk.
@[member="Satara Hawk"]
@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]@[member="Petra Cavataio"]@[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom