Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Items and Pricing: A Guide

Arrbi Betna said:
Nothing wrong with that. I have one of the original versions of Advanced D&D in my library from decades ago and the printing was before my time lol
@[member="Arrbi Betna"]
Not trying to brag but just trying to make conversations. I have the original D&D red box with all of the paper back book that comes with the box set. I did not start playing tell the early 90s and I did not come across the red boxed set until 1993. It was a good buy and it was in decent condition.

Vuplesia

Fox Fire! New OOC Account
Fabula Cavataio said:
We will never implement a currency system. It would be quite literally impossible to manage appropriately. MMO games have a staff full of collegiate economists on retainer to keep their in-game economies balanced. It's far too much headache for far too little gain.

So no. That will not be happening. Ever.
Not trying to argue the vlidity of a currency system on SWRP, just wanted to say that there are two sites out there that dwarve this one in both membership and content, one by the folds. They hoth have enormously detailed price systems that are simple to understand and are rnanaged by... two, maybe three or four staff at the most on a big update?

We don't have one and don't need one because of the flexibility of our IC economy. There are literally hundreds of systems and dozens of large powers. The price of something one would be hugely irrelevant in another. Also, it wouldn't be fun in this setting, just another tedious chore. That also makes enforcing it nigh impossible and would almost surely raise report levels through the roof.

What I will say about this gude is it has all sorts of misc neat stuff. I thought that was cool.

Vulpesia said:
just wanted to say that there are two sites out there that dwarve this one in both membership and content, one by the folds. They hoth have enormously detailed price systems that are simple to understand and are rnanaged by... two, maybe three or four staff at the most on a big update?
That's nice. We're not doing that.

Vulpesia said:
We don't have one and don't need one because of the flexibility of our IC economy. There are literally hundreds of systems and dozens of large powers. The price of something one would be hugely irrelevant in another. Also, it wouldn't be fun in this setting, just another tedious chore. That also makes enforcing it nigh impossible and would almost surely raise report levels through the roof.
She wasn't implying that we should. She was simply stating that she had seen it done and was explaining her understanding of why a similar system wouldn't work here.

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

I found some more stuff from the Star Wars D20 roleplay books and figured I'd add it in here (partially so I can find it again later).

Trade Goods

Animal, common: 100 credits
Animal, livestock: 500 credits
Animal, exotic: 2,000 credits
Art: 1,000 credits
Bacta, 100 liters: 10,000 credits
Food, common, 1kg: 10 credits
Food, quality, 1kg: 20 credits
Food, exotic, 1kg: 50 credits
Fuel, 1kg: 50 credits
Gems, semi-precious, 1kg: 100 credits
Gems, precious, 1kg: 1,000 credits
Holovid: 20 credits
Ore, common, 1kg: 200 credits
Ore, rare, 1kg: 2,000 credits
Spice (the drug), 1kg: 1,000 credits
Textiles, 1 meter: 10 credits
Water, 1kg: 10 credits

Common weapons

Vibrodagger: 200 credits
Vibroblade: 250 credits
Vibro-ax: 500 credits
Stun Baton: 500 credits
Lightsaber: 3,000 credits
Double Lightsaber: 7,000 credits

Ion Gun Pistol: 250 credits
Hold-out Blaster: 300 credits
Sporting Blaster: 300 credits
Blaster Pistol: 500 credits
Heavy Blaster Pistol: 750 credits
Sporting Blaster Rifle: 800 credits
Ion Gun Rifle: 800 credits
Blaster Carbine: 900 credits
Blaster Rifle: 1,000 credits
Bowcaster: 1,500 credits
Repeating Blaster Rifle: 2,000 credits
Blaster Cannon: 3,000 credits
Heavy Repeating Blaster: 4,000 credits
E-Web Blaster: 8,000 credits

Standard Armor

(Light)
Blast Helmet + Vest: 500 credits (quality 2)
Padded Flight Suit: 800 credits (quality 2)
Combat Jumpsuit: 1,500 credits (quality 3)
(Medium)
Armored Flight Suit: 4,000 credits (quality 4)
Padded Battle Armor: 2,000 credits (quality 4)
Medium Battle Armor: 6,000 credits (quality 5)

(Heavy)
Armored Spacesuit: 10,000 credits (quality 6)
Heavy Battle Armor: 12,000 credits (quality 7)

(Powered Armor)
Battleframe: 12,000 credits (quality 3)
Corellian Powersuit: 10,000 credits (quality 4)
Stormtrooper Armor: 8,000 credits (quality 5)

Equipment

All-temperature cloak: 100 credits
Aquata Breather: 350 credits
Bacta Tank: 100,000 credits
-Bacta, 1 liter: 100 credits
Breath Mask: 200 credits
-Atmosphere canister/filter: 25 credits
Code Cylinder: 500 credits
Comlink: 200 credits
Credit Chip: 100 credits
Datapad: 1,000 credits
-Blank Datacards: 10 credits (thumbdrive?)
-1 program datacard: 300 credits
"Mastercraft" Datapad: 2,000 credits
Electrobinoculars: 1,000 credits
Energy Cell: 10 credits
Field Kit: 1,000 credits
Flight Suit: 250 credits
Fusion Lantern: 25 credits
Glow Rod: 10 credits
Grappling Spoke Launcher: 50 credits
Personal Holoprojector: 1,000 credits
Holorecorder: 3,000 credits
Liquid Cable Dispenser: 25 credits
Macrobinoculars: 600 credits
Medical Kit: 25 credits
Medpac: 100 credits
"Mastercraft" Medpac: 200 credits
Power Pack: 25 credits
Recording Rod: 500 credits
Sensor Pack: 1,500 credits
"Mastercraft" Sensor Pack: 3,000 credits
Security Kit: 750 credits
"Mastercraft" Security Kit: 1,500 credits
Surgery Kit: 1,000 credits
Tool Kit: 250 credits

Services

(Medical aid)
Long-term care (/day): 250 credits
Medpac Treatment (like calling 911; the ambulance bill): 150 credits
Bacta Tank Treatment (per 12 hours): 3,000 credits

Yup. Everything here is just a guide. Nothing is truly set in stone. Age of unit, quality of unit, previous ownership, buying location, legality, and sales tax would all effect the final price you end up paying for an item. I have this stuff up here so people can come poke through it till they find something similar to what they are wanting to buy/sell, then they can decide if they should be charging/asking for more or less and make a guess at the appropriate credit value to ask for.

Personally I found this helpful, namely because in the grand scheme of things I'm about the worst when it comes to details canonically. I had no idea where pricing would even range for things that KDY might manufacture, or even small things like what my characters might purchase. This gives me a good idea of what my characters could, or could not, feasibly afford. My Merc, Ivy, for instance, I have always written as having very little money to spend and she struggles to keep herself fed and ship fueled. That's part of the reason why she joined OP - steady income. While I won't be following these things to a T, it's nice to have as a reference for when Ivy's out and about, window shopping and pining over a new gadget or gun she can't afford.

Perspective!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom