Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG It takes a Galaxy

• Thread starter Alorith Greysteel
  • Start date

Alorith Greysteel

A
So, after finally settling in to my new position as a manager at my job, I decided I wanted to explore a certain character aspect that I always loved. This character I am creating now will be, at heart, a good man. He will believe in doing what is right for the people of the galaxy, not for some grand cause or religion, not for some lofty organization or power. He does what he does because it is honorable, but he will come to realize that he cannot maintain this mentality if he is to make real change in the galaxy. He will set out as a pure hearted and clear minded Jedi like character, and return to his home a, mostly good, but detached and cynical individual. To achieve true justice, sometimes injustice must be done. For freedom to be achieved long term, it must be lost in the short term. For the light to prevail, sometimes the shadows must be allowed in.

This little end goal is going to steer towards the development of a new faction. What it becomes will be up to people to determine, as I have only a barebone idea of what it will start as. The hook for this faction at the moment will be a return to the past. Centered on a custom planet called Deorus, this little faction will be a mixture of medieval technology thrust into the star wars universe. Farmers, nobles, knights and all the various flavors of the old world crashing into the new world at hyperspeed. Led by my new character, this little world shall seek to exit its centuries long isolation, and begin operating in the galaxy at large. To do this, they will reach out and seek those willing to aid them. Galactic merchants, retired warriors, even Jedi seeking a new start or home would be welcome.

This little planet will seek to bring about a strong presence of the light side of the force in the southern portion of the galaxy deep in the outer rim. Stories will be developed to try and fight the good fight, and bring about a little bit more stability to the region. It is all just a thought at the moment, and I would love to get more input and interest in this as I continue to develop and create things for this little idea. Please let me know if you might be interested!

Lovely idea! Awhile back I made a planet/culture/species to work with too. Amusingly, also a world that spent a great deal of time isolated, though more by choice. Still enjoying it, even if I don't play with it as much as originally expected. I'd be interesting in seeing how this goes, that said I've already planned some other threads. So if I join in any, it might be a little slow response times.

I actually have some things to possibly jump in, to do things with you. Not Salis, due to political ties she's unlikely to mess with a new faction unless hers chooses to, although she'd be quite fun.

Instead I have a few others that he could perhaps interact with, or some NPC stuff.

Rocho Rocho : Opposition or ally really. Though, it wouldn't produce many moral qualms as an enemy. Rocho is a force using trandoshan hunter, it is what all his life has been dedicated too, points for the scorekeeper. He does have time off and treats it just like any job really. There are rules and such. It's very unlikely to find him targeting some random village, but taking a shot at a noble who riled up an enemy to bring out a price, or working on a battlefield. Or heck, as far as he's concerned, or taking out a noble who just so happened to have been dealing in illegal matters but wasn't caught on it. He's not really all that subtle though, he's a big trandoshan who's used to warfare, not assassination. If he kills someone, it's likely either a sniping, or a very destructive method.

Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr : She's probably perfectly happy to work with someone meaning well. She has a wide range of experience but tends to deal with transportation or tech stuff. She's fine with either. She's a lot older than she looks due to a necklace she wears, something she is very much aware of and tries to avoid revealing.

Walker Walker : One of the species I made called the Vran. An alchemist and biologist who has for awhile dealt in a range of unpleasant deals. He's done a lot of experiments on less than cooperative sentients. Finding another target for them wouldn't be a new thing. Then again, nor would trying for the slave trade. Walker is probably the least moral character I have. It's likely he'd only do this in two or three ways:
1. Outright blatantly kidnapping people. This most likely would only be a single 'shock and scare' method by using Shekti essentially as a fighting force. Though that term should be used loosely, he basically would say "Kill and eat" and then send in pirates to actually capture people when he would tell the Shekti to stop. They're not very bright creatures. Just very numerous and brutal. Telepathy and training is a pretty high use when trying to use them.
2. Corruption: This would only work if you have corrupt people in the government, or military/police force, or somewhere else that would allow more subtle movement of people, probably prisoners or travelers, into his hands. He would likely use a monetary or technological incentive for this. He certainly could provide high grade medical equipment
3. Small numbers: If this option, the people would likely just be taken at night. Probably by Kot Vind or essentially hired goons. If you wanted to take it another step for moral qualms, he could be experimenting on their mentality. Altering them to work for him, and this making it so he could use them to get more, thus growing. It could pose a risk as in order to stop them, there may be the need to harm them. Resulting in innocents being hurt or dying one way or another.

Shavara Shavara : Same species as Walker, though, different sub-set of sorts. She can shapeshift. She's also on a wildly different end morally wise. She's a great deal more caring, and while she's not the most in control of her emotions, she follows far closer to the jedi way when she can. Like Walker, she's both an excellent alchemist and biologist. Though she is far stronger in the force and has access to better tech. However, she's not even close to him when it comes to biological manipulation or invention in spite of that. Shavara has been trying to help her own outer-rim world after its leader kind of semi-surrendered it to the Eternal Empire. She uses the name of a long dead historical figure, and often wears a specialized mask, extra robes, and shape-shifts, to additionally hide her identiy. It is very plausible as this person she might try and help Alorith should she see them needing help. Though, if they were in need of medical aid she could also just help as herself. As she officially does work for scientific purposes and traveling distances wouldn't be any surprise. Though, she's very non-aggressive. Her power and alchemic items are a great help in a fight, but she is not super experienced at it (for her race).

Alorith Greysteel

A
So excited to see a response to my rambling!

From what I read I think either Mariah or Shavara would be the best fit. The goals of this little group definitely lean towards their areas. Deorus is still trying to catch up to the times, so an expert in technology would be a great help to them, while a biologist to any degree would have quite the chance to help with future ideas. The other characters are great as well, but I would prefer to wait until this got a more firm start going to it(and I come up with a name) before we really went into opposition territory.

Salis Salis

Alorith Greysteel
Entirely fair! And glad some of the options sounded good! Well I can really work with either, Shavara would actually have a little more experience dealing with formality type things. But the types of formality she's used to probably don't match culturally. It probably depends a lot on what exactly you feel like doing.

For Shavara, whether as herself or under another name, she most likely would be there for some form of medical aid or advancement. Which may require instructions or other stuff that would end up not having a lot of words put in, or too many lol. She'd be exchanging information and giving help directly. If it were Mariah, she's far more likely to just get employed basically, bringing what's paid for, technology, knowledge, aid, whatever is out there. She naturally wants to help, but she also needs to get paid. Both IC would actually somewhat enjoy the experience. Shavara less so, if only due to how she feels about how the galaxy's medical standards are.

Alorith Greysteel

A
We can certainly figure out the specifics as we get rolling! I am getting some stuff set up still but I am hoping gk have a discord up tomorrow sometime to help with coordination.

If you have any questions I'd be more than glad to answer them.

Salis Salis

I feel like your faction and the Ashlan Crusade will be natural allies. We are a group of militaristic Jedi waging a holy war against the Dark Side, with heavy crusader themes. We're on the opposite end of the galaxy, but I'm sure we can find ways to bump into each other :)

Last edited:

Alorith Greysteel

A
I had thoughts along the same lines myself. We may be distant friends, by distance never stopped a good time. My guy is currently traveling around the galaxy a bit so maybe he ends up heading towards you guys.

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

Alorith Greysteel

A
To anyone who may be interested further, I have gone on to make a few flags of potential ideas.

rise_by_ss7_gfx_daw3bo4-fullview_1.jpg

flag.png

flag_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom