Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is Memory Precious and Pure (complete)

[member="Coren Starchaser"]​
Wren looked up, "it looks like stars but..it could be an illusion too" She felt herself getting woozier, "we were in water right, and now we aren't right." She was talking as it to reassure her own sanity.

But she could hear Coren and that was a great relief he was here, and it seemed he was unharmed. Unharmed was a great condition even if they were somewhere that had nothing to do with water right now. "We have to still be on the planet, and..I don't know too many devices that can transport people offworld just be touching a rune." Rune she thought again, yeah what did that rune say again what was the symbol, and eye..and an interlocking symbol.

unending sight. Ok...so a watcher of sorts..ok. So...where were they.

"Sense anyone but us?" What made her say that? She kept thinking there were no other people, and she was still so confused that had to be the air..."I don't feel good" She touched the wall and slowly slid back down..."so not good"

Something was going on here, and he wasn’t quite sure what it was. Taking a deep breath in, he could feel the air being thin, not well ventilated, he had to take an extra large breath in order to feel like he was getting the air he needed. “Yeah… I don’t understand it. Must be the Force… or technology.” Magnetic containment? He wasn’t sure this place was that… new.

The galaxy was a big place. So many unexplored corners. That was why he was so fascinated with the Unknown Regions, they were home, but they were also so foreign, unknown was the word. He could hear Wren speaking. “Yeah, I don’t think we got moved off world.” He would’ve felt that, the man spent enough time being a navigator, which it just made sense that he’d know.

Approaching Wren, he was still working on getting his head on straight. He was feeling a bit woozy. “Are you alright?” He reached out to touch her back, not knowing exactly what he could do, but being there. “I don’t know how we’re going to get out of here.” Wherever here was.

((( [member="Serena Bouie"] - I won't be back until Monday )))

He had reached her she felt his hand on her back she turned to see him, for an unknown reason she hugged him tight sighed and then let him go. "I don't know either but whatever it is we need to look around figure this out, if it's a box there's a way in and a way out, just need to know where the door is" She took another breath yes her chest was hurting.

She started the slow painful walk towards the brazier it had to be there for a reason what reason she wasn't party to the thought. She looked at the ceiling still, and then the walls. "everyone is so smooth so..fitted together you know, the color, the light, just not the air. She took another breath and then yawned well that was new.

She got to the brazier which had been further than she thought she looked back the space didn't seem that big, was it part of an illusion. Or force forbid another test of endurance and reliance on the force. oh...

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Have fun!

He looked over at her. One thing Coren was good at was finding people, and he also got pretty good at understanding them. Sometimes. And he wasn’t sure exactly why Wren hugged him, but he reciprocated. Was just how the pilot worked. Passion and also compassion, seemed to follow the man. Watching her, he looked around the room and did his best to balance his breathing. Force knew how long he spent in vac suits, getting his breath under control was just smart.

Watching her, he was reaching out in the Force, psychometry was one of his skills, and getting into and out of places just seemed to be something he could do naturally. Maybe he could learn to use the Force to phase through walls… Or teleport. Maybe. Right now? He was just seeing what he could feel, and trying to push a Force meld at Wren, to calm her down.

“Maybe there is something we’re here for?” He wasn’t sure, but it could be?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

There was rumor that if a Jedi could master the feeling of magnetic fields covering a planet they could actually fly. Wren was having an odd though had to be the air, nothing else made sense.

She looked around and then to Coren, "Yes I would think that if someone leaves a port key at the bottom of an ocean they bring people here for a reason, but then maybe when the key was put in place it wasn't under water." Wren shook her head. Focus she told herself.

"This is old tech, mixed with some modern or maybe it's old tech that we never discovered" What kind of thought was that? She had to think clearly she could then feel something oh she looked at Coren suddenly she felt stronger, better. She smiled.

OK.

"Yes I agree we are supposed to be here" first clear thought she had. "but why?"

Flying was one thing, but teleporting? That would be something completely new, and overpowered. Though he was a Starchaser, if he could do it, he’d probably need at least visual contact with where he wanted to go, some sort of power incontinence issue, to say the least. But that was the price of it, really. He could do a few other things, but most of his skills were around complimenting his military and smuggler training. How to fight to live another day, really. Should invest in a scatter gun.

He nodded as he watched her move, and he surveyed the room. “Could be true, the world does have ice caps, maybe they started melting, flooded this area? Feels a bit right.” Still, too old for him to get a proper reading off of. That was the main issue here, after all. That he couldn’t feel a fething thing through the Force. Well, he could feel Wren but…

“Maybe its something mystic, or Cellestial, I dunno.” He got to his feet slowly, looking around again as he approached her. “Maybe its testing us? We’ve both been mind-wiped in the past, maybe we’re supposed to learn something?” Or a dark sider and a light sider with similar skill sets working together? Could that be the key?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Wren was biting her lip a nervous habit for certain, "Ice caps yes that is possible, and maybe this area was protected in some way from the flood" Now she knew that there were some undersea caverns that once you dove into them they had massive caves that could be investigated and some even led to the surface.

But.

Could whole rooms survive under the pressure of water this well? There did not even seem to be water damage. Wren looked back at Coren was that something about feeling her? She arched a brow, was she reading his thoughts? And if she was, was that feeling about her physical, or mental? She tried not to smile but couldn't help it.

She turned back she heard him approaching her closer with each step...ok..she got chills again.

"A test" she had not given consideration to that, "learn something, ok I can accept that idea. Maybe something we have done before and this is a reminder of it, or how to do it"

Her mind slipped just then and her face turned bright red.

"We should look around a bit more..." ohhh gosh..they could do it, yes they could together and the result would be...she did not know but she knew this, she was beginning to feel a sense of trust that she felt for him.

Which way, Wren looked to the right it was dark just as going left was dark. She shook her head, "which way do you want to go?"

He could see her looking, or at least sense it. Sure, maybe Coren might have more Force skills than most of the Starchaser line, but Jared and Kaia were the result of two very… unique lines in the Force meeting and breeding. Marek on the other hand, well that was a half breed traitor and Token, she was an outlier, spells would help her. Yeah, he was the Patriarch of the Starchaser family and knew who was doing what. But the thing he didn’t know? Anything about this room. So, lets recap that thought pattern. He saw Wren blushing, and knew he could either see it or sense her, then he discussed his family and now he was complaining about the room. That was a loaded bit of writing.

“Could be the Force, after all, we got here somehow.” Still was trying to piece that together. He shook his head getting closer to her. His Force signature would very similar to the sea, and it was known to change from warm to cold, and ebbed and flowed. Right now? A bit of warm, dancing the line in the Force as he always did, and flowing. He was reaching out and that meant the warmth would find its way to Wren as well.

He needed her, more than to find his escape? He wasn’t sure. But there was something going on in her head. “That’s possible. I mean, a lot of my story isn’t even available in the datacrons.” What did he do? Well, he knew he was a guerrilla fighter and a smart pilot. And explored, a lot. Maybe he didn’t cover all his trips? That left a lot of possibilities.

Faced with the choice, Coren licked at his lips, looking left and right and trying to center himself in the Force, a bit easier said than done here, obviously. Without much reason, and he wasn’t sure if it was the Force guiding him, he nodded to the right and spoke it. “Let’s go right.” He nodded stepping up, silently offering to take the lead. Who knew what was going on here. Adjusting the lycra shirt to try to break the water seal, for the first time down here he felt a chill.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

To the right Wren looked there did not seem to be anything down there that would hurt them, but then everything was hidden in shadows she felt something it washed over her cool one moment soothing, then warm and comforting. She was the only force user in her family the others did so many things. Brothers and sisters who played sports, told dirty jokes at dinner, and drank till they were all warm laughing and falling on the floor.

Wren was the oddball, well Serena was the oddball. Only when home was she just as bad as they were. Remind her brothers of times they dragged her across the open fields of dantooine on on a piece of smooth board with a rope tied behind a speeder they swerved around a turn she couldn't hold on and rolled off slamming into a rock knocking her unconscious and a broken arm.

Then there were the dirty stories and innuendo around the table the things that they learned while on the Prison world of Kessel for the third time. Oooo made her mother's cheeks' burn. Scooter sitting across the table opening and closing her mouth with Jenn yelling SEA FOOD SEA FOOD.

Jimmy snickering to Ken about spitting and swallowing their father had immediately removed them from the table..god who would believe that a jedi came from them. And what were her brothers talking about. Her mother's cheeks were red embarrassed or angry she wasn't sure that night.

But.

You see that's what gave her roots knowing her family with all their flaws had been there.

"I think I have a story but I'm thinking it's one of those that only family records and hides from anyone of respectability" Wren laughed, the sound echoed, "wow that's just eerie" She followed behind Coren. As they walked the sound of their steps seemed to run before them.

As they reached the darkened hallway another brazier lit above them a red crystal glowed bathing the room in the red light. Three doors appeared before them and single word above them all CHOOSE.

"I generally like games...how about you?" [member="Coren Starchaser"]

Coren didn’t worry about being the odd-ball. For the group he ran with, his extended family aboard the home-ship, he was a respected member, one of the big three families. He made sure that the ship was well stocked, the fighters and freighters were in good repair and there were always ways to entertain everyone. That was just how it worked. He kept the morale high while everyone else fought to keep the skies and grounds safe. His son, Jared, hadn’t taken up his mantle, and at times, he was making trips back to the Dawn Treader with new trade agreements and finding new ports.

He had Lily and Scall looking out for the ship during his absence, the sometimes-lovers who ran the command structure of the Dawn Treader were always keeping everyone ready for action, and even now, within the Fringe Federation, the ship was fighting for Csillia and keeping the darkness of the galaxy at bay. That was what kept him grounded, as much as he was the wanderer, the journeyman of the group, the ship kept him anchored. As far as the Tachyon Rising’s engines would take him, they’d always bring him back to the ship, regardless if he had a planet to call home.

But with Corellia gone? That just wasn’t in the cards.

As much as Levantine Sanctum was currently home, he was part of the Frontiers Corp.

He laughed and shook his head. “You think I’m respectable?” Well, he was, compared to other Starchasers. Granted the Techno Union did seem like a group of people he might want to experiment with. “Deep halls, good acoustics though.” He reached out with the Force as he ran his hand down the marble… was it marble? He wasn’t sure, some stone work with marbling.

Red light. Stop? Or Dark Side? Would it have been green or blue going left? “I’m a fan of games. What doo are you thinking?” He’d go one. If there were four, though, he’d go door number three.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She looked at the doors, and then back at him, she took that step backwards to bring herself close to him the thinnest shadow of darkness separated them. Wren half smiled, then looked up from under long lashes. "You saying you aren't?" She grinned arched a brow then turned looking at the doors.

Ok it's a game, its like cave diving. Jump into the dark, come out in the light. Three doors, why three, was there something about three. Why not two?

"I'm wondering if we each get to choose one, or do we only get one" She was biting her lip again thinking, "It's a crap shoot Coren, nothing makes any sense. It's like we should know..."

How could they know what did her intuition tell her. That any door was going to lead them some place they weren't going to like, that's what it said. It was saying it in BIG RED LETTERS. Theh problem, they couldn't go backwards, they could only go forward she felt like everything behind them faded away, she couldn't help it she turned and looked past Coren this time.

She could see the brazier but then again it still felt like it was far away. She turned back she took another step towards the doors waiting for something to jump out at them, but nothing did. Just the stead red glow. "I like the center door, I wish I knew why, what about you?"

“I dunno… We’re only two and there are three doors.” Coren looked Wren over then back at the doors. It wasn’t making sense, because if they could only pick one and then both chose wrong… That’d be a bit of a trick. They might need to follow intuition. And for that? He’d run with whatever she chose, doors weren’t what made him feel comfortable. He was good with spacelanes and hunting objects, but choosing doors? He wasn’t sure.

“Lets do the center door.” He nodded as he smiled at her. Where was this going to lead? What was on the other side of any of these doors? He was going to figure it out. “Ladies first?”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]The center door she looked at it then back to Coren, “I’m sorry ahead of time if this doesn’t go well” she took a step forward.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She rolled her shoulders back trying to relax trying to take that tiny bit of fear and shove it somewhere that it wouldn’t make her hesitate. She took a deep breath there could be a dark power in there waiting to engulf them in….what?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There could be another room, with another choice, a harder choice. Or they could open the door and die. Wren looked around she didn’t see any scorch marks, or bodies hidden so maybe that was going too far.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She knelt down for a moment looking at the floor, something in her mind told her to look but not knowing what she was looking for made this a lesson in futility.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She stood up, “Ok, I’m going to step up to it and open it” With no door knob, she had to assume that there was a triggering mechanism in the floor when she stepped up it would open.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wren stared at the floor and then looked at the ceiling, “If I die don’t leave me in here ok…please” she didn’t look back she did however step forward placing her foot before the door.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So far nothing happened. She brought up the other foot and stood there nothing happened. Hmmm she thought, and then she reached out and touched the door.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brilliant light flooded the room everything around them changed more torches appeared on the walls, braziers every few feet the room felt warm as if they had passed some phase.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]To the left however was a table and on its center a tray. On the tray were rune stones[/SIZE]

ash_wood_divination_runes_of_the_elder_futhark_by_carlavk-d5934d3.jpg

\

[SIZE=12pt]and to the right of it a question in basic. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]There are five in what order do they go?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Five what?” Wren looked at Coren…[/SIZE]

The Corellian couldn’t help but laugh. He nodded at Wren as she spoke, though. “Hey, we’re already in some…” He looked around. “Underwater temple that’s apparently dry… How much worse can it get?” Right, did you never hear about jinxing anything, Starchaser? The one thing about the man was that he didn’t have fear, or it didn’t paralyze him. A lot of what he did? It was fueled by his emotions. The one tenant of the Sith that made sense, was that emotions could be strong, but it wasn’t only a Sith ideal, anyone who was a Dark Side user knew that emotions were extremely important for getting the job done.

He nodded as she stepped up. Sure, maybe he probably should’ve taken the hit and went first, but who knew how it’d respond to him? Throw some light side magic his way and then he’d have to deal with that. Yeah, thanks but no.

The changes that happened when she stepped up? Yeah, even he wasn’t sure how that was happening. Must be the Force, or some Celestial thing. He could say the C word because he was Corellian. They might’ve made his home system. And now runes. That was… something.

In another world and time, Coren might’ve been that sort of cartomancy, who knew how to read cards, and divine maps, and work runes but here? He had psychometry, and well, he wasn’t sure. “Five…” He looked through the runes, were there any patterns? Was the Force giving him any idea?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]“I suddenly have no love of the number five” Course she was greatly relieved not to be a pile of ash on the floor, or an oozing mess again on the floor standing here as if the whole world shifted. WELL it did shift like magic. Yes yes many thought the force was magic and if this was a force trap, was there such thing as a force trap? Well if it was, what was the goal?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Under water. How many people would actually go under water on this planet anyhow. A planet that specialized in water craft….that should answer the question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She leaned on the table, “five…five senses, five rules, five fingers, five….measure of time, (years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds) oh wait that’s six.” Wren made a face, intuition. What did her intuition tell her?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Runes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She knew something about runes, a symbol to represent something. But you had to have a key to read runes. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]“Is there a way to separate them out, to know what they mean?” she looked up at Coren.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just then the table that they were looking down on light up tiny squares Wren thought scrabble board. "If I ask for my memory back will it give me that too?" She didn't really wait for an answer she was looking at the "scrabble board" but that kind of board made words, this. Wren pushed the runes to the side where it was dark to study the board before them. She reached out and touched the closet square….what did this do?[/SIZE]

The number five, what did it mean? He did hear Wren speak and a wind grin crept onto his features and he nodded. “Yeah, I…” He shrugged and tried to focus. Coren was all for conversation, unless he had something to figure out. He wasn’t one for talking, not when he was doing repairs on his vessel, not when he was problem solving. During combat? Sure, he’d talk your ear off, so he could see how the Force moved around you, and see what you were thinking, that way he knew when and how to attack. But besides that?

He kept a bit quiet. Was that brooding? Yeah, a bit. But that was what he was designed after. Coren was selfish, he worked for himself and the only time he worked with others was really when their goals matched his for the long term, or he felt that they might be people who echoed one another. He was still figuring out how Wren figured into all of this but he knew right now they were both trying to survive, and would work for that.

“I don’t recognize the characters at all.” He looked to the runes, reaching out to them, and to Wren, in the Force. What were they looking for here?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[SIZE=12pt]What was it Wren felt that sensation again, she looked up at Coren and smiled. She had told Tara when they had met that it was hard to meet someone, hard to have a conversation when your memory doesn’t go beyond a certain point. "It feels familiar to me all of this feels like I should know what it is, what it is for but it's on the edge of my memory like smoke." Her brow wrinkled in frustration, "sithspit why can't I remember." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But Coren seemed to understand, and that gave her a sense of comfort that she had not experienced since she woke up.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]She wanted to figure out the runes, she studied the board, and the runes even as she reached out to touch the single square.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Curiosity killed the cat.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Just as she laid the paid of her forefinger against the board, there was a hiss, and crack. Before she could pull her arm back electrical shock started at her finger tips traveling up her arm, her mouth dropped open, as she gasped, she began to cough but she could not pull her finger back and it was really beginning to HURT!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her mind registered the pain nerves fired to try and pull the arm, COREN!! Her mind called out IT’S HURTING ME.[/SIZE]

That was a really poetic way of putting everything. Coren nodded to Wren as she spoke. He knew that feeling all too well, it was what he felt when he was learning how to use the Force to drain and pull the life out of an enemy. He knew that there were things he knew from before, places he’d been, people he’d met, and they just would feel like trying to remember a dream two days later. There but… not, escaping. Fluid.

It was that sort of thing that just bothered him. He couldn’t even remember what the last thing that was said to him was, but he knew there was something there, before he went under. He wanted to know what happened, but would he ever find out? He didn’t know. Force knew he might find the Sith that he knew he was pursuing, word of mouth knowledge, in his current crusade, but… Who knew, right?

The next thing the Corellian knew was pain. They were trying to figure the runes out but all he could see was red. The pain, the fire, and the sparks. He knew that was coming from Wren as soon as she shouted into his mind. He reached out to the Force, trying to find the way to approach this. He reached out to Wren and to the runes and the riser in the Force, where could he use his skills, how could he pull this power to him and disperse it, manipulate the energy? What was he seeing when he looked at all of this in the Force?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Wren did not fully understand what was happening, it seemed so innocent. She could feel the energy running through her she could feel Coren now like nothing before.

Around them bathed in white light tiny pin pricks of glowing light that vibrated. The resonance seemed to penetrate them where they stood. The voice in her head seemed to scream a name filled her mind AKALA. Emotions filled her it felt like her and not her. A woman crying for something someone lost.

Then the pain came back.

Then there was darkness. Sadness. A whisper wren where are you.

Then the impression of a stronger presence

WHO ARE YOU???

Just as innocently as it began it was over, Wren fell to her knees her chin resting on her chest. She visibly trembled where she kneeled. Her hand still laid on the board the tip of her finger blacked from the energy.

Coren was always something different with the Force, his ability to manipulate the environment? Not so much, he knew his kids were a bit better at it than he was. Well, at least Kaia was, he blamed her mother’s witch side. But he and Jared? They were a bit stunted with certain aspects of the Force and very gifted with others, including energy manipulation. Sure, Jared could make a shield like nobody’s business, but Coren? No, he was all for manipulating the energy around him, when he wasn’t navigating the world around him with the Force, but feeling the way through space lanes and finding items and people?

That was all just energy as well.

It was the ebbs and flows, making it work for him.

What he was expecting to find was where the energy came from, where its shatterpoint was, how to break the hold it had on Wren. What he wasn’t expecting is what he got, a trip, a name, he knew that name, the Butcher of Corellia, and that gave Coren a momentarily dark aura. Like… fething angry dark. That was before he felt the pain again.

When Wren flashed back out to here, and way from the pain, he saw her fall. He grabbed her hand that was on the board. “Wren…?” He didn’t know what to say just… moved her hand and got to his knees near her.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom