Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is Memory Precious and Pure (complete)

The Outer Time, Planet Sedri

A water world for the most part inhabited by the Sedrians. One item that the Sedrians had that was of some curiosity was their spear gun the living coral that was used as a power source.

Wren was interested in the living coral, others it seemed were interested in the spear gun. She thought that the weapon sounded primitive but developers wanted to look at the mechanisms to see if they could reverse engineer the parts and then restructure. A weapon of this type was not deadly.

A closer look though brought much attention to a company known as SedriMotors Limited specializing in water craft, their troop transport could be most useful on water worlds should a battle open up.

Wren still wandered the galaxy trying to figure out who she really was, and why she seemed to have hidden talents that seemed to emerge at the most inconvenient of times. She was tiring of wandering, it was time to perhaps accept that she would never regain all of her memories. It was time to stop wandering her next stop would most likely be her last.

She walked along the walkway looking out over the ocean. The water was so beautiful the shades of blue from light to dark picture perfect. The view was worth the effort it took to get here. Wren leaned on the railing looking out enjoying a peaceful moment.

The words of a strange poem floated up

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed.
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

She smiled and wished she could remember why she knew it, and who it was written by.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Water worlds were always a favorite of Coren Starchaser. He wasn’t sure what it was. Probably that primal instinct in his family, for exploration beyond the horizon, beyond the edge of the map. He wasn’t a geologist, he was an explorer, but the same places brought these types of people together. That was why he was here, sort of a shake down cruise after all the situations in the Fringe. Was good to get away once in a while. Besides, he could always use a water craft on his freighter, with the mission he had planned for himself.

Not much details yet, still in the planning phase, but having a personal water craft? Always seemed a good idea. So, that was what he was doing, making is way to Sedri, a place that specialized in such craft. He was in an Imperial shuttle, not his own freighter, since it was undergoing some modifications.

He wasn’t sure he had visited this world until the droid at the docking facility greeted him by name. Giving the droid a nod and a curious look, he continued on his way. No need to question the unit, that was a different Coren than he was going to be… Most likely. Making his way along the water on a walkway, he looked out at the sea as he passed. See? That was the wanderlust, that must be some bit of instilled desire in his family.

Or just him…

Confusing, wasn’t it?

Still, he couldn’t help but give the blonde [member="Wren"] a nod as he slowly continued down the path. If she was accessing the Force, she’d see him teetering on the darker end of gray. Not evil, but no Jedi neither.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]​
Watercraft.

Wanderlust.

She smiled as her passed behind her she turned and looked at him she raised her voice so that he could hear her, "That would be a good name for a watercraft. Wanderlust. Doesn't that word mean something about a desire to travel." She left her resting point and started after him in case he did not hear her, or chose to not hear her. She had met so many people just by speaking her mind when it gave her these inclinations.

She turned to look out at the ocean again, she loved the water. Every planet that she had been on with the exception of Tatooine there had been water to stare at, bath in, and feel how it rolled in and out washing away all remnant of trespass on its beaches. She hoped she got to see this one more.

She knew that her next stop would have oceans, and lush green forests filled with patterns of color just as there was a pattern to the blue of the ocean. Where the ocean was deepest blue it was deep and as the color changed until it was just a hint of blue at the shallow point Wren found it stunning.

Coren was in his head. He was in his head a lot these days, something about the Force and finding himself. More the latter. He knew the former would return in time. Like any muscle it required training. Or re-training. He’d get there, figure out what it could do. What he could make it do. He knew a bit already. And that was enough. He was more than just human, which was what mattered in the end. He was watching the water and thought he heard her speak.

The same thoughts that were a bit in his head. The horizon, watercraft… that bit he could accept as independent-of-him-thoughts. But Wanderlust, that was brought on by thinking of where he was going in this life, and where he had been, who he was. Not like some all-seeing Lion in the sky was telling him to remember who he was, but still, it got him there. Blame the horizon. He looked back as she spoke.

Took him a second before he stopped walking, letting her catch up. “And are you one of those that have wanderlust?” He grinned and gave the blonde a once over, y'know, for research purposes. Some people had a serious case of wanderlust, some didn’t. Others were the home sick people. Coren? He was homesick for places he’d never been. And that made life difficult. Especially when he didn't have someone binding him to a place, he needed the road. Or the space lanes, as it were.

[member="Wren"]

[SIZE=12pt]Wren was in everyone else’s head when she should have been paying attention to her own She finally caught up to him she looked at him. He looked like he had a few things on his mind the way his pupils opened and closed as they adjusted for light, the way his mouth was set when he stared out at the ocean.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes I have the lust to wander” She smiled brightly standing a few steps from him. “I am currently doing a lot of traveling”. She had a feeling that whoever she was before she spent a lot of time traveling from place to place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She held out her hand, “I’m Wren, and you are?” She asked holding the last word out a bit too long as she spoke. “I hope I’m not disturbing you too much, I travel alone, but I hate being alone.” She had recently taken to talking to anyone that would listen. Anyone that could offer a word of encouragement, or consolation to her she gladly accepted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had a feeling the man in front of her could help her with something, she just wasn’t sure what it was he could do. [/SIZE]

Was she really scoring him? Coren wasn’t quite so sure what was going on in her head, and frankly he wasn’t trying to find out. He knew where his skill in the Force lay, and ripping concepts from people’s minds was only really a feat he wanted to pull when he was threatened. Like when someone was holding a lightsaber to him, or threatening with one. He was just watching the horizon, wishing he was out there, but also wishing he was among the stars. He lived a hard life of always looking away, and not having his mind on where he was, unless it was exciting.

Then the Living Force kicked in and he stayed put.

Lust to wander, right, he forgot that one of his favorite and perhaps a very misunderstood four letter word. “Where were you before this world?” Because he was in Fringe Space, and looking to the mystery of the Unknown Regions, quite simply. The idea was making him antsy to get behind the stick and out there. No real destination, just a job, some pay and going between planets.

Maybe not the most polite individual, this Coren Starchaser, but he did manage a smile when she introduced herself. [member="Wren"], huh? He nodded. “Name’s Coren. And nope, not disturbing me, if I wanted to be alone I’d be in my ship.” Which was really his way of saying what she just finished saying, now wasn’t it?

If she could have heard him ask if she was scoring him she would have given him a look of bewilderment. She smiled though she usually always managed to keep smiling, except for when things that went bump in the night chased her. Or when Sith chased her. Anyhow. She looked at him Where was she before this world?

"Where have I been. Shri-Tal, Felusia, some vong planet way out in the outer time, oh Tatooine" then she made a bit of a face, "I can't remember too many others right now ever since the event my memory does not seem as good as it should be." She sighed then. Her memory was a problem for sometime she had thought she had kicked her concerns about it to the curb but no, alas it was back.

"Nice to meet you Coren, and yes it's great to be out here. I love the sun, the water, the breeze that continues to blow. You said ship, so you don't live here either?"

Coren scored people. It was part of what he did, to establish their situation on his own mental friend-foe identifier. The man lived aboard starships for the majority of his life, after all. And that went for even pulling where someone sat on the sliding scale that was the Force. He, and most of his family, save his wayward daughter, were on the darker side of the Force, dark Jedi, but not full fledged Sith, or other religions. When you started adding religion to the Force was when it got messy, he didn’t care who you were.

And now she was listing all the worlds she had been to. That was… not unexpected, but he did mean only the most recent. Though, a travel path, that was interesting, he liked to know where people had come from, and what their interests were, and you could tell a lot of that based on where a person was traveling to and from. “The event?” Did she mean the rapture? Or something else?

He smiled, running a hand through his hair. He enjoyed the way every world was different. “Yeah, I’m a spacer at heart. Corellian born, but…” He shrugged, and waved a hand, palm side up. “Its nice to see the galaxy.” Or run from the past. Or to the future.

[member="Wren"]

She stopped did she mean something else, was there another word a word that escaped her momentarily. She considered everything, "They do call it many things perhaps rapture would work, or disappearances, or" She looked over at him and half smiled. "it does get confusing at times. Corellian, I'm sorry about your home world." She had heard but not seen what remained of Corellia.

She was sad it meant the golden beaches were gone. "I'm not sure about being a spacer, but I do seem to like to take chances. Matter of fact I'm on my way now to have a try at one of the watercraft here. They brag it's the fastest ship built for water I'm willing to find out." She took a few steps.

She bit her lip slightly as she contemplated the thought that was teasing to come out, "Do you want to go?" It would be good to have company, and if the ship was as fast as they say they could do a lot of wandering around before having to turn it back in.

The one thing with Coren was he didn’t try to read minds. He didn’t predict people, he didn’t understand them. He stopped them and he found them. That was how he worked with the Force, he could plot courses through asteroid fields and hyperspace, he could find objects and lost people, and he could slow them down, boy could he do the latter. But he never was good at completely reading them. Besides, this one was all over the place. He nodded as he followed her. “Yeah, the Rapture… How I’ve heard it called. That was a bit of a … problem.” He didn’t get pulled, but his wife did, she never came back. And his homeworld. “Yeah. We’ve been bouncing back, same as we always do, but…” He waved his hand dismissing it.

The Starchaser estate was located in Tyrena, well, the outskirts, in the direction of the Golden Beaches, half the reason most Starchasers used orange bladed lightsabers. Reminded them of their home sake and what they fought to protect. And then she brought up watercraft. That elicited a smile from Coren. Fastest around? Giving her the once over, he figured why not. “I’d love to.” Get in the water with a pretty blonde number? Sure.

“Anything worth seein’ here?” He was hoping she’d know of something. Still, time with another person? Coren was seriously lacking that.

[member="Wren"]

She smiled, 'Excellent!! I love company" She didn't try to read minds the words and emotions seemed to float on air towards her and she being empathic picked them from the air. Course Serena Bouie Jedi did that, but this was Wren and Wren couldn't remember anything past one year ago except for whatever had happened within the year. But the skills that Serena had learned were with her and slowly they were awakening, slowly Serena was going to emerge.

Bits and pieces came sometimes it was beautiful other times it was horrific and frightening. She had moments she hoped she would never remember anything every again, and then she'd have those times where she wanted to know so badly she could taste it. But today was about forgetting all of that, forgetting everything of the last few weeks and having some fun.

"I have some information" She stopped and pulled palm size datapad from her pocket, "They wanted to make sure I didn't get lost so this is what they gave me on Sedri, seems the best thing going is water and boats. They do have oysters only good in months that have an r in them, urchin which they recommend raw, ok, The living coral which has some special properties" She tilted her head, "they seem rather low key, but I'm betting they do diving here to, we can get some equipment and while we are out check out the water.." She grinned. She wondered did they water ski? and if they didn't couldn't she find a way to rig something up...maybe not a good idea, she'd be a puddle for certain.

She remembered one thing a month back she loved anything to do with water.

"So...do you dive?"

She was excited, that was for sure. Coren couldn’t fault her. In his younger days as a brash fighter-pilot, when the world was at his feet and he was behind the controls of a TIE, he knew nothing could touch him and people should’ve been happy he even showed up to most events. He was a bit smarter, still as brash as ever, but he didn’t expect people to fall to their feet in front of him because he was a hot-shot behind the stick. Nope, more was involved in that, and he was fine with it.

Two of a pair, really, with the amnesia. Coren’s had happened a while before, few months before that Rapture. When he was awakened from a cryo-sleep. It didn’t go well and there was a lot of memory loss on both he and his late wife. He was aboard the Dawn Treader and the Force told him, as whispered and stifled as it was, that everything was alright there. It was home. Then the help of his former and now once-again comrades with the use of holocrons and datacrons helped him learn who he was. And parts of his personality were answered, even if the past remained largely a mystery. The early parts were easier to grab, about his father, about his time in the service of an Imperial-styled warlord were showing up. But between the time they left the Chiss service until they arrived in Fringe? That was blank.

He knew he was fighting the Unknown Regions, which was why he had the job with Azure Interstellar, or would. That hadn’t happened yet. Time was weird. He was at least ready for most of how dark he had been.

When she pulled the datapad out, he turned his attention to it, stepping closer to her. He could feel her in the Force, brighter than he was. Or lighter. He wasn’t sure which nuance he wanted to use. “Seafood is always good. Haven’t had it in… months?” Not much got sent to his ship. Which was fine, it was hard to keep fresh. “So, meal first, or boat and diving?” Because, of course he dove. “I’m game for really anything.” Enjoying the company was helping. He felt… alive?

[member="Wren"]

Someone who seemed to share her love of all things. She thought quickly, food should be last build up an appetite while diving and boating, least she always did.

"boating first, then diving, who knows maybe we will find dinner while diving, and then food" She had a little more bounce to her step now as she began to think about all things that were possible.

They were walking up towards the dock where they could find the watercraft. Serena keeping her broad smile looked at the dock master, "The fastest one you have and diving gear so we can check her out from the bottom up" She gave him a little nod.

Within fifteen minutes he had them walking down the dock towards a ship moored at the end. Wren looked at it from front to back taking in the details. The paint job for starters was top of the line the long sleek lines reminiscent of terran cigarette race boats. It was designed for aero dynamics but what she could not see was the system that would power it.

She pulled herself up on deck looking around she looked at Coren shrugging her shoulders, she'd figure it out. The dock master explained the one button start and stop for the engines, and then there was the what he referred to as mariner's setting.

"You can stop it all and this will unfurl your sails, and give you rudder control. You will then command of the ship, if you know how" Wren felt as if she had just come home wind powered.

"We will be sure to check all the settings out and let you know" She looked over the bow at the water, stunning. Looking back at Coren, "you want to take her out? I can get the mooring lines"

Excitement rolled off her hoping to infect everyone around her.

There were a lot of places where Coren knew he fit in. And the space between worlds was definitely one of them. He was excited to see another wanderer out there. The trick was, this was getting him to just not feel alone. It wasn’t helping with his mission, but for a day, maybe a few more, depending on where he dragged or was dragged by [member="Wren"], he was going to just be Coren the tourist. It was a smart play, he felt. And dinner after definitely made sense. He watched her get the bounce in her step and moved to keep up, at least his pace, if not the excited pattern in her walk.

When she called for the fastest, he grinned. That got him excited. Speed always was something important for a Starchaser. When they approached the vessel that’d be theirs for the day, he walked around it, reaching out in the Force, just to inspect it, get a feel for her, and what she’d gone through. It was how he approached most machines, from the physical to the metaphysical. He needed to know the ship.

Following her to the top deck, he knew there was something missing from the ship, something it was holding to itself. And the vessel was wind powered. That was something he’d not seen in a while. His father, the ExplorCorp member that he was, had taught him to work a sailing vessel on some world or another, and while he was impossibly rusty, Coren figured he’d make it work. “Get the lines, lets clear the harbor before we open the sails.” He nodded, warming the engines up and listening to them. No sputter, no water running into the engine itself, sounded like they were good to go.

"aye aye Cap'tn" Wren went off without complaint quickly lifting the ropes that held them to the dock first the bow and then the aft, "the lines are cleared" She then went back and working the rope from her palm to her shoulder she wound it up and placed it on the deck. She walked to the aft and repeated the process. By the time she was finished they were away from the dock and clearing the rest of the boats.

She moved to the bow and stood with her face towards the wind that would see be propelling them across the open water. This would be the closest sensation to flying that she would feel. She looked back at Coren he seemed at home in charge of their direction and speed. Even in how he stood there a firm grip, his eye to the horizon.

"You look like you belong there, in charge, confident." She smiled at him, she was sure he knew what to do, "Need to get her to stop speeds in all modes, and it should be equipped with something resembles a fish finder to take us to where we can go diving. Did you do a lot of sailing on Corellia?"

There was something about being called Captain that made Coren feel right at home. And when a woman said it? Well, he wasn’t superstitious, but wasn’t that bad luck? At least on some worlds. And hardly ever in his ships. Most of the time he used the superstition to filter the people he didn’t want aboard out. Rude? Maybe, but he had expeditions to run and wanted only the best. Probably why he could never truly work on the light side. Still, this felt right.

Looking at her, he was reaching out to the world around them, feeling where they should be going. When the blonde looked back at him, he couldn’t help but smile at her.

“Well, comes from piloting starships into the Unknown Regions. Bit rusty when it comes to sailing. Haven’t really been aboard a wind-powered vessel in… oh, it’s been years.” He looked over the instruments and nodded. “How deep can you dive?” He’d find them a spot. But it was all about comfort levels.

[member="Wren"]

Wren thought for a few moments asking herself if she could remember how deep could she dive then a glimmer of information slipped through the haze, "110 feet and that's pushing it even with the gear they gave us, how about you can you go deep?" She smiled thinking about diving to push through, to enter another world and be a visitor. The under water worlds of any planet were not explored enough even on Naboo there were areas that had not been seen by any sentient being.

"I seem to remember being somewhere, being on a sailboat and learning something. The instructor had an odd name..or at least one I had never heard of before." She shook her head, she was pushing too much for memory lately. It seemed to hurt less to not know, knowing just became more painful every day.

She looked down at the deck for a minute trying to push the thoughts back to the darkness where they belonged.

She got a grip on herself and then looked back to Coren she did not wish him to think she was having a breakdown, "I really wish my memory would come back"

@Coren Starcha

Well, it was more a science than anything, the ‘how deep’ question didn’t exactly come out correctly from Coren, but… he was still working on learning everything, okay? Or re-learning. Bottom time was a factor, and certain worlds had restrictions, based on knowledge, for how certain people were allowed to dive. Different air mixtures helped for longer bottom times, and going deep. “Depends on the gear, the planet… I was doing 50 meters for a while back on Corellia.” He knew the area well, and with rebreather tech being what it was, that helped filter the water.

Maybe it was part of his quest for knowledge, but getting to see places no one else did? That was very important to him. “I really live for exploring. Its one of those… things, for me. I guess?” He laughed and shook his head. It seemed to be the thing now, before? Maybe a bit, but he was much more a serviceman in his past life.

He looked at her. “How long’s that been going on for?” The issues and wanting her memory back, really. Sure, maybe he was more of the dark spectrum of the Force, but he could care for people. Especially if they weren’t crazy.

[member="Wren"]

"50, well then I'd say we are good to go, just need the spot Coren" There was a reason for every encounter in life, what Coren would bring to her life she was beginning to see. He could be the companion she had been searching for while she traipsed about the galaxy.

She stopped and stood still now thinking about her memory for how long, "Almost a year lately though I've been getting more of it, you know like flashes pictures, and then a moment in time. " She smiled though and then went back to what he had said prior to asking about her memory.

"I know for a fact whoever I was before I loved ruins, old temples, walking on the surface of a new place. That excitement in my chest that made me feel like running" She bit her lip, it was true Serena the Jedi the scientist had spent hours in ruins discovering their history, and finding small pieces of Jedi history that she could put in a box and carry away. Reminding her of what she accomplished and why she was a Jedi. "There are so many places to see, ruins under the water, under mountains hidden deep in caves that no one has seen in a hundred years. A tomb painting showing life from a bygone age, I love history and exploring it" She hoped she didn't just make him think she was a bit off the deep end, the way she went on about it, but it was how she felt.

He did have a bit of that feeling, sometimes, where there was a mystical side to the Force that was almost… controlling? The Living Force was what the Starchasers stood with, more Force Sorcerers than Force Wizards based on the way they used the Force. Not very wide but very quickly learned. He could deal with that, learning as you lived not by years and years of study. They’d never go toe-to-toe with even the most moderate Jedi, but what they could do? They’d be able to surprise everyone with how hard their powers DID hit, when they hit. Wild Talent’s abound, really. Still, the Unifying Force was there and it was going to throw people into his path, and worlds into his path that would help him along to the clearing at the end.

Yeah, a unique view. There was that one bar at the end of it all where you were reunited with those that you served, adventured and lived with. And when you got there, it was always the new arrival’s turn to buy a round. No Shepard without Vakarian.

“I can empathize with that. Happens to me. Some time… some years ago, I got knocked into a cyro hibernation. And when I came out? Years were gone. I remember the basics, plus the group I run with had my old personal holocron and datacron, so that… helped?” He shrugged.

“Sounds like you’d get along with my father, if you were around in another time. He raised me, Jedi ExplorCorps member. Learned how to navigate the space lanes, and planets. So, this is all sorts of familiar with me.” He looked her over and nodded. Checking the depth finder, he was seeing a few ridges below, seemed like they could start here at least. Keep the ship on anchor. He slowly cut the throttle and lowered the anchor. Stepping back, he pulled his shirt off before leaning over the back of the vessel, checking water temperature. Not bad.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom