Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is Memory Precious and Pure (complete)

If she could have heard his thoughts she would have agreed that the journey was living life to the fullest, that all those you met along the way only enriched and brought something to life, but in the end when the journey ended once again to be reunited with loved ones and friends, whether it was in a bar to have a drink, or to sit down around the table and have a meal.

The force was the constant even for the non-force user they were all still connected by it, and in the end she believed it would bring them to that one place. She had tried to explain that to Connor once, long ago, a different lifetime.

Wren listened to Coren yes she understood and for the first time since she woke up someone might actually understands how she felt. "I wish I had a holocron or datacron to tell me, you're fortunate Coren. But." She was biting her lip again, she was thinking, "what if we were meant to forget for a reason. You know the higher good kind of thing." She exhaled she had been holding her breath and not realized.

He mentioned his father, "Well ExplorCorps sounds like a group I would fit in with, and familiar for you...great! I feel better knowing it's familiar" Then he did something she knew instinctively would happen after all they needed to change he took his shirt off.

For a moment she stared, and then quickly averted her eyes, she didn't mean to stare but..she couldn't remember when she saw someone with their shirt off last.

"How's the water?" She was up and looking over the gear, keeping her thoughts where they needed to be. Here. now.

She set out the wetsuits a second skin, eh..oh..she thought for minute, "I'll be right back.." she picked up the wetsuit and went below deck to change into one of the three rooms available. Slipping out of her clothing wasn't hard, getting into the suit...well now..she hopped on one foot and then the other..lay on the bed like she was putting on old jeans. She sat up, she needed butter, or grease, and she laughed. Pushing her arms through.."Ohh" she groaned finally now all she had to do was zip..she was pulling it up, had he heard all that commotion??

"Ready to get wet?" she called..

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

See, that was the part of the life that made the most sense. There were so many people that lived life inside the lines, and Coren could respect it, sometimes. People didn’t need to stand for everything, but stand for something. Don’t just be sitting around waiting for life to happen and take you. Get out there and carpe the fething diem. For him, and his people, Warbird Wing, the members of the paramilitary always saw it as a bar. Even though he knew the stranded people of a fateful flight saw the same place as a church. But that was another universe entirely.

He nodded when she made a comment about maybe being made to forget. “I mean, I can promise I’m on a different path than I was before the cryo-nap. Things have changed and something hinged differently when I came out…” He shrugged. “I dunno, the Force development, well some powers, were because I chased them, others were… latent.”

When he prepped for the water, he did his best to not catch her eye, but he figured she would be staring. One thing Coren always had was a healthy ego, and that bit of him didn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. Fighter pilot to galactic explorer, so go figure. He knew what he could do. Splashing some water on his torso before grabbing the amphibious ‘rash guard’ shirt he nodded. “Warm enough. You’ll be fine.” He gave her a goofy wink, as he excused herself.

Really? Was she having that much trouble getting into the wet suit. “Y’know, you coulda called for help there. I’m a gentleman, sometimes.” He laughed as he checked the tanks. He really didn't trust rebreathers. Tanks were better.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

"I wish I knew if I was on a different path, I wish" she thought about it she kept thinking she wanted to know who and what she was before. Before this. "I knew there was a purpose in this"

But.

If she really thought about what she had been doing since she woke up. Every encounter, every planet, every deed performed had made her feel alive. She had felt every muscle of her body hurt from working, she had seen vistas that went on forever sometimes she couldn't tell where the horizon met the sky it was so beautiful. People. She smiled, people like Coren willing to take a risk and spend a day or two with her making connections.

She came up from below, "I am the self-sufficient type, if I could not get it on, and I would have relented and asked eventually." She laughed , "Course, just because I got it on doesn't mean it won't come off without some intervention. It's" she shifted back and forth, "snug"

She walked up onto the deck, "I'm so ready for this." She looked over to see that he was checking the tanks, "how long can we stay down?" She couldn't remember the last time she had done this, course sometimes remembering what she had for breakfast was just as difficult.

“Don’t worry about it, like you said, maybe there was a reset for a reason. You’re on the path you’re on now, and it must mean something.” He nodded. Coren was a Living Force supporter, the whole unifying bit seemed too… messy for him. Act for right now and what you wanted the outcome to be, not what the rest of the galaxy should concern with.

He had that figured about her, being a self-sufficient woman. Something he preferred in the opposite gender, that they knew who they were, and how to handle themselves. His comment about being there to help was more an attempt, albeit not a very good one, at flirting. As she continued on and mentioned it being snug, he stole a quick glance. Was that a reciprocation? He grinned regardless as he finished hooking the tanks up to the regulators.

Looking at her, he shrugged. “As long as we’re not being chased by something, we can probably get an hour of bottom time, ‘round fifty meters.” He looked at his wrist-chrono and set the timer for an hour, it’d give him a few minutes to surface, and help if she needed it. “Can you get the gear on yourself?” He could, but before he tossed it all in the water to get prepped, he was going to wait for her to be all set.

Gentleman and what not.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

[member="Coren Starchaser"]​
She had to agree that she was on a path, a journey and whatever it was, whatever its purpose she was involved now. She could only wait and see what the outcome would be who knew when the end would come. She may never know anything more than what she knew right now, it was ok.

She shimmied a bit more seating the suit to more her liking had he just looked over, she knew she could be oblivious at times to others and what their words meant. She in the past if she would have remembered chaulked it up to her being a scientist, and never quite understanding the efforts some put into their interactions. Course back then she looked like the typical science student her hair always pulled back, always wearing baggy shirts, and skin tight pants, then there were the glasses she needed for reading. A bit of adjusting here and there and she could have been a school marm.

Fortunately her brother had a girlfriend that sat and helped her out one weekend. The change had been significant, and so had been the reaction.

"I hope we aren't chased, sorta. Would get our hearts pounding, but we shall see what swims up from the depths won't we?" She was trying to be funny, something she had never really got the hang of.

"No, I can get in the gear, again, I can get it on, it's getting it off that requires work" She nodded, and smiled. Something told Wren she had spent a lot of time doing things like this alone.

She looked over the side again, "Come on Coren let's swim." She was being a bit pushy but only because she was excited.

Every step someone took put them closer to where they needed to go. Sure, they had free will and would go where they wanted, but in the end, did it get them where they needed to go? Most of the time. Where they needed to be sometimes wasn’t where one expected or wanted to be. Look at him, his father taught him the arts of a Jedi explorer, and he ended up becoming a fighter pilot for a strike wing in the vein of a government that hunted down the Jedi. Did he regret it? No. Did it feel right? Yes. Was it the most ideal? Who knew.

He looked at himself, and even before he took the datacron and holocron, he had taken the ship, not the Rising, his preferred vessel, his patrol craft, the Tachyon and took a few weeks to figure things out. Waking up from a cryo hibernation with no memories? Yeah, that was… tricky. He fell into a relatively similar guise and personality. Adrenaline hunting, knowledge hunting, but his style changed from loud colors and brand slogans to dark colors with very little print. More utilitarian and less traveling adrenaline junkie. But the one thing he knew, was he couldn’t really imagine current company out of sorts. Maybe it was just because she filled a wetsuit well, who knew.

He grinned. “I’m sure we can handle it, a couple fish won’t hurt us.” Besides, as much as they didn’t really mention it straight out, he knew they both had a few tricks the other probably wouldn’t expect. “And if we are, well, we’ll just see who is the fastest swimmer.” Coren offered her a wink as he looked to the water.

Grabbing his fins and taking the assembled underwater gear, he threw it all into the water, grabbed his mask and snorkel and then threw himself overboard. Swimming over to the gear, he was cleaning out his mask. Then he slipped himself into the weight regulating vest that attached to the air tank. Last was the fins, because those weren’t the most clumsy things ever.

He made her giggle like a school girl who in this long trip had been able to do that. Strange how worlds collided so unexpectedly. "Yes isn't the saying the best way to escape a sea monster is to be the fastest swimmer" She shook her head so gear in the water follow gear carry mask and snorkel. Slipping into the vest was easy, shrugging into the tanks only a bit difficult putting on flippers constituted spinning around in one spot and slipping a foot in. But she was able to and was almost ready she dipped her mask sloshed around the water then slipped it over her head.

"Quiestest I might ever be" she put the mouthpiece in and gave a thumbs up. She blew out and in making sure everything was working. She hoped she had not forgotten anything.

What was below would soon be a wonder to behold a new watery world. She had to remember to breath even. She was ready to dip beneath the water, taking the piece out, "ready?"

Making her giggle? Yeah, that was definitely not a bad thing. Coren could rock that thought pattern for a bit. Wren here was a cute blonde, and that was definitely his type. But really, he wasn’t as serial a dater as others in his family. Just didn’t work for him. “Its something like that, don’t have to be the fastest, just have to be faster than the others.” Coren grinned at her.

Watching her get into the gear from the water was almost comical. Most of it floated, so Coren did that, he used the water to his advantage. Starchasers were seafarers many millennia ago, and probably still, if they’re written somewhere without Space as the ocean. “Just watch your air and your pace on the way back up.” Coren nodded, slipping the respirator between his lips and pulling his mask down. And quietest she might be, huh? Interesting comment.

“Ladies first.” He grinned before resetting the respirator, talking around it wasn’t the most smart move he had. Still, this was going to be fun, right? Of course.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She nodded wiggled her fingers and then disappeared beneath the surface. The world changed when you went beneath the waves the light altered, and all of the world moved in a different manner. Wren smiled she felt weightless, she began to kick her feet and dive deeper the light from the sun streaked through the water casting shadows even here. She rolled over to look for Coren, and of course the sea monster that would chase them.

She saw him coming down towards her, she rolled back. The mountains below, the valleys that opened up making homes for all manner of life. She knew she should look at the hull of the ship but surely it could wait. The hues of blue changed lighter at the surface the deeper down the deeper blue to almost black the water became. Not actually the water it was the lack of light. She could see laid out before then shelves of coral.

She looked back at Coren to see where he was and what was he up to.

Alright, he’d admit that Wren was a bit cute. He’d admit it to himself because Coren was always taken back by blondes. Smirking, he fixed the respirator in his mouth and nodded to himself. Right, dive time. It’d been a while, but now that Coren had signed up for classes, well, sitting in on night classes, for geology at the Levantine Astro Academy. A bit of learning never hurt, right? Nope, and it’d expand his knowledge, make him more useful in the galaxy’s private research sector.

Once under, he was in (cue the music) a whole new world (end music). He cleared his mask and followed her down below the surface. Sure, he probably should’ve used a wetsuit, but he was fairly confident he’d be able to adjust, or let the Force let him adjust. And the fact of a sea monster? Well, he wasn’t hoping for that… Still, it might happen.

Watching the depth and the light change, he wasn’t concerned, most things were going to be noticed, giving off some sort of sense in the Force, similar to when he found his lightsaber crystal on Corellia. The Orange natural one, not the synthetic viridian. He kept the eye on Wren but was watching the corals, they hadn’t seemed to experience much bleaching, healthy environment. That was good, meant the world hadn’t moved on that far from worrying about nature. Once you took a certain step, it was sometimes too little too late to fix it.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Yes the water was clear and all manner of life normally found within the waters glowed with health. Wren got a little closer down to the corals she was careful when she reached out the fine lacework of this particular species was quite delicate, a single break might not kill the entire colony but it would create an out of balance that could alter how the environment reacted.

soft-coral-tree-fan-animal-water-feature-300x300.jpg
Wren put her hand just behind it so she could see the intricate pattern she looked over to Coren and pointed to what she looked at, So beautiful she thought she loved it. She looked over and peered down ohhh a seamonster for certain she pointed.

Green-Moray-eel.jpg
It did not seem interested in them in the very least but it was stunning, the color the way the body moved fluid motion to propel itself through the water. Wren followed at a safe distance until she saw it. She moved close it was perfect it was old, and she had never seen anything like it.

FZjVQ.jpg
She ran her hand up one column looking for any kind of markings to identify who made it, was there a language to read, to study to know..she felt her heart pumping. Where was Coren did he see this?

Coren had studied a bit, because of his father, about the various species, or types of species that were found in various ecosystems. Or what should be found in particular ones. Bright species littered the sea floor here, the water was nice warm temperature and was crystal clear. It let the species take over. This world was nice. He’d have to remember it for the future. For dates or things. With… y’know, all the people he was currently impressing in the galaxy.

He was taking special care when it came to his buoyancy to not knock any of the corals, he wasn’t going to be one to kill the entirety of it. He might feed from the dark side of the Force, but he still reached out to the world around him here. The Living Force, sometimes it was just rougher than the Jedi preferred to use, but he was okay without splitting hairs and calling it what it was. Anyone that was trying to do different was fooling themselves.

Keeping an eye on Wren, he nodded when she pointed a few things out. The ruins though, that was something interesting. He knew there would be predators within them, but even without his lightsaber, he could be just as devastating as anything this ocean could bring. He watched the yellow… serpent? Swim off, those were interesting creatures. Being under the sea reminded him about being on a space-walk, when he was out to do repairs, only a whole lot more interesting. Making sure to nudge her with the Force, instead of taking the time to make noise with his hands, because, well, Star Wars, to get her attention, he rested his hand against the pillar. But it seemed too old for him to get a fair reading off of, using psychometry. That was bothersome to him. He made an open handed gesture accompanied by a half shrug and a point at her. Could she identify what it was?

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She had always found deep fascination in things which she did not recognize or know. The scroll work at the top, normally she would not be able to reach she now could push upwards to look closer. She tried not to disturb too much.

She moved around slowly there were runes one in a square that faced the lion the other faced away. The lion was typical structure seen throughout but the runes identified a society or clan, specific people.

She looked at Coren she pointed, did he see them did he know the symbol?

Was this a plant? Was it meant to make them look. Lol.

That was something about Coren. He had the thirst for knowledge, and exploration. The one trick was that he handled things his own way. When he was out, and if he came across certain issues, he followed the standard Outer Rim guidelines, but when it came to war, and protecting his own? Yeah, no quarter took a whole new meaning. That was probably the biggest difference with him and others. He’d drain the life out of things instead of just fighting them to get away. End those that were doing wrong.

Bad cop.

But here, and most of the time? He was more than pleased to share his experience and assist in the search for knowledge. Between that and a leaning for extreme sports, Coren was pretty typical of a former hotshot fighter pilot. Get his pulse shaking, see new places, try to not blow them up, and learn all he could. When she indicated what she was looking at, he made sure to get over to her.

Now was the time when he wished he could speak, or that he brought those grease pencils and white board. Running his hand over the leaves, he was looking, because… please be a secret door, please be a secret door…

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Wren was only kicking enough to keep herself in position as she looked at the column. She could see Coren was touching the column, Wren then reached over and touched the rune to make sure she could feel the shape, the lines.

What would happen next was nothing out of the ordinary for the geologist as she and Coren each touched the column seemed to cause a reaction around them. All of the fish and sealife seemed to pause, and then scatter leaving them alone. Wren looked around, her hand still touching the column. There was a sound something she did not recognize, the water around them began to cloud hiding their presence. Wren looked down, she was preparing to try to outrun the seamonster that lurked in her mind.

She could feel something pulling her down, she kicked hard, then began using her arms to propel herself up. It was a maelstrom of sand, and coral bits. She wished she could scream. The sounds of sand whooshing through an hour glass filled her ears, tired of fighting against the current she finally just stopped moving, to be sucked beneath the sands.

Was it after Coren too?

Neutral buoyancy. That was always something Coren had trouble with adjusting to. He was fine now, but early on, when he started diving? It was the trickiest bit for him to get used to. It helped, really because he could sit here and not use too much energy to do what he wanted, and that was study this. He was starting to get glimpses through the Force of what might’ve been here. Obviously a civilization, but more than that… Not quite a treasure trove but that wasn’t a far off idea… Was it?

Feeling the rumble in the water, it was a lot louder than the air would allow, the nature of the ocean, after all, he looked around. He could feel the sea life stall and he make a quick turn around to see where Wren was, making sure she was okay. What did they just touch? He could feel the rumbles and then the shifting current.

Yeah, that was not a good sign. And he knew better than to fight it. What you did was follow the current until you could move away from it. Such was the ocean, such was the Force, and that was part of the reason the Starchasers always spoke of the Force in tidal and nautical terms. Even though they were a weaker family, sometimes they had the wind on their side, and the current moving with them. Placing a hand to his mask and another to his respirator, he was going to make sure he didn’t lose his ability to breath and see.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Whatever light that bathed them from the surface breaking through the darkness of the water was gone. Wren had held on to her gear and her wits as the forces of whatever was at hand pulled her to the place it wanted her to be. This was the story of her life her fascination with relics and history pulling her into places when everything stopped she found herself laying on her back staring at the ceiling of a structure that was elegant, and completely alien to her.

ceiling-lighting.jpg
She stared up looking was that the ocean above them, she squeezed her eyes and realized no those are stars. Oh..ok.. She turned her head she still had the mouthpiece in breathing the air unsure if where they were was safe. We. Was Coren here!?

She inched her way until she was sitting half up, looking around in the dark shadows she could see what looked like a figure. She hit the floor with her hand trying to see if it flinched or responded. Coren she thought...you here? You ok?

Coren hit the ground and looked around. What had just happened? Pulling the rebreather from his mouth and getting himself pulled from the harness that kept him to his air and buoyancy compensator, the last thing he did was pull his mask off, down around his neck and out of the way. Just by habit, he was collected at this point so it wasn’t a knee-jerk reaction.

He didn’t even think to worry about the air. That was a Starchaser bit, being bold and jumping feet first. He himself? A bit of Force sense didn’t warn him off, even if the air was a bit… thick? Thin? Hard to breath. Probably should keep the respirator in, but… well, it was going to be heavy to carry. That was when he worked on getting his bearings.

Looking around, he could feel Wren in the Force. “You alright?” He called? Room was a bit dark with the light. Right, calm breathing, wasn’t that part of what Frontiersmen did? Or ExplorCorps, whoever.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Wren just kind of stared, she couldn't see Coren but if he was talking that mean no mouthpiece she reached up and pulled hers out. "Oh yeah..I love things like really. I just...well it usually takes a little longer to find them before they suck me in, or up, or down..." She was looking around the room well she thought it was a room.

"Are you ok Coren?" She managed to move to get to her knees, as she was now shrugging out of the tanks, she looked at the tanks, then at herself. All the time getting in this getup only to end up dry and on the floor..grrrrr

She groaned slightly her body was sore from being tossed like salad. Off to their right a brazier suddenly burst to life providing a little more light for them. Wren got up putting her arms out to steady herself, she felt drunk. Oh...that could be the air content..she laughed.

"Coren do you feel like........light headed?"

She just had to go touching things, huh? Coren laughed a little as she spoke and shook his head. He started making his way towards her voice. “Dunno what happened. Is that water above us, can you tell?” He was more concerned with getting to where she was. Not liking this place, not liking any place where he just fell into, and without weapons, save a dive knife, for all good that will do him here. He had no idea what was laying around to worry about.

“I’m doing fair enough.” He nodded. Where were they? That was the first thing he wanted to know, now that he was fine. And so was she, right?

Shaking his head, he was starting to feel the effects of the air around him. A bit lightheadedness was getting to him, but he was used to breathing in low atmosphere environments, sometimes. Still, this was… different. A long slow blink, he nodded, trying to find where she was. “Yeah. I’m feelin’ it here.” He could start to see her shadow, her form, though, and that was good.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom