Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s official — Hades reaches sub-zero temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought this day would come. Or this post to be more accurate.

I’ll not say it all again, but last night I reflected on some facts. Why I joined CHAOS in the first place. How I nearly left after a couple of weeks because of a really bad experience. Being an FA two months after joining. My time as FL.

Fifteen months of my life…and every moment a Pubbie.

I know I complained about the tone of certain posts recently. How I postured that I’d leave if it remained as toxic. It was the sort of thing a parent says to a child in the hope of shocking them into a change in behaviour. Did I want to leave the GR? Think back to my last post as FL. I said I’d stay as long as you wanted me — and then a bit longer. And I’d keep out of the politics and allows the new FA team to make decisions and voice opinion without me interfering. And I kept to my word.

And last night I reflected that tough times have never been an issue. I’ve managed rigged votes, OOC plans to ’s***w over’ the GR, the withdrawal of all of our ships and much more besides. I carried on because I love the Republic. I love the Jedi Order.

And when I wrote that final FL weekly news, I never imagined the GR wouldn’t want me. Until last night. I had a few conversations on Skype.

There is general disapproval with who I RP with. There is a specific amount of vitriol about one writer in particular. This is, to me, unacceptable.

I was told, “People are losing faith in you as GM.” “They think you aren't really interested anymore.” That I should have tried ‘harder’ in Invasions. I was criticised for being ‘non-vocal.’

I was told to show people my heart, to, “restore the confidence the Jedi players had in you.”

And above all I was told this was all being openly discussed on Skype and that I had to demonstrate to everyone that I ‘care.’

There is an old saying that people ought to be careful what they wish for.

There is no place for me in a Faction that thinks I don’t care. That wants to dictate who I do or do not RP with. That decides for me how I enjoy myself. So this is an OOC notice that I’m leaving the GR. Maybe the boards in time? I can’t operate as a lone wolf (my other characters prove that) and so only time will tell.

I’ll RP this out IC over the coming weeks. Despite not caring I post most in Dominions. Despite not caring, I have the most Padawans, and so need to manage this process for them too. Remain and choose a new Master? Stay as Corvus’ Apprentice and remain in the GR? It’ll be for every Padawan to decide. And I’ll start the process for a new GM soon too. All I have to do is find an IC reason for Corvus to leave — which is the real challenge…

Note that I did not press the "like this" button.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] - there is always OOC drama around invasions, now is an intense time for many active in the GR.
There are most likely writers in chaos perhaps even the GR that don't like your writing. No one is perfect and we all live with that.
I have however never noticed anyone speak ill of you. There were jokes about you loosing all your fights but that was made in a public thread, I saw you commenting and no one really meant anything. It was clearly a joke/irony intended there.

If you feel pressured to leave the faction I totally understand it. RL feelings are not something to neglect of course.
But I for one believe that you are currently the best candidate to run the sub faction - the jedi order - within the GR.
So apart from you leaving is sad from an ooc perspective it also means a great set back for the GR jedis, which is a shame after all the hard work it endured with the different jedi orders splintering away.

I truly hope that you will change your mind on this.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

I'm quite shocked by what people seem to be saying, according to this. I've never heard of any disrespect against you; damn even the Sith Assassins openly respect you in their skype chat. Corvus has played a massive role not just in the GR but in the Jedi order, and as Mantic says her leaving would be a massive shift. Sure it would open lots of RP opportunities such as discussions and such, but not the sort of RP I'd want. Not if it was created from OOC disrespect.

I understand if you're not feeling it, especially if people are saying what they're apparently saying, but I know plenty of people who love you; myself included. I've only been in a few threads with you, but I've read many of your others (not a stalker), and I can't imagine anyone else as the Grandmaster or as an FA. OOCly and ICly you fit the bill in my opinion.

Not to quote Taylor Swift but haters gonna hate. Take a break by all means, but I implore you to come back with a fresh mind and stay with us.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

This is not a call for a vote, or a hope that people will change my mind. The conversations last night on Skype were not with random people, but senior players in the GR. I'll not name names - you'll have to trust me on that one.

These people do not want me here - or rather will only accept me if I change who I write with and behave more like they demand me to. And I was directly accused of not writing in the Invasion with a win at all costs mentality. That does not make me right or them wrong. But I cannot and will not ever behave like that. Hence my decision to never post in another Invasion.

So the above is not an option. So very, very sadly, my mind is made up. Is this a good-bye? I hope not. Maybe one day the GR will need me for who I want to be, and I'd welcome talking of a return. Just not now...

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

As [member="Minna"] is saying it is wrong if its done out of OOC reasons.
Could you at least consider remaining in the faction but IC step down from the Grand Master position? You as a writer IS good for the faction as a whole, not only the jedi order.
Pretty please, it would remove you from all the ooc drama but still give us [strike]a gif or two at times[/strike] an opportunity to keep staying Jedi-ish and enjoy writing with Jedi Order jedis. We are not that many around you know...

*blinks*

What? I didn't know people actually didn't want you around or wanted to dictate how you do things. I know there was some talk about how, ICly, you being defeated or drawing against every Sith you faced didn't bode well for a Grandmaster, but I didn't think it went beyond the IC level of beliefs. Guess I was wrong. Nobody I talked to ever thought you were throwing fights or anything of that nature so I don't see how they would be criticizing you OOCly, but clearly I wasn't involved in these discussions you had last night (I was asleep so unless I was sleep typing I wasn't involved).

*scratches head*

Barrien will want to continue training with Corvus until he reaches Knighthood, but his loyalty is to the Jedi Order and the Republic.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

[member="Minna"] and [member="Mantic Dorn"]

I appreciate the kind words. I'll still RP with anyone and everyone who wants to. But being a Jedi of the Order and a servant of the Republic go hand in hand for me.

Which is why coming up with an IC reason to leave is a struggle. Maybe it's the loss of both Academies, which happens at the next map re-set that will be the catalyst. No Ruusan. No Ossus :(

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Then stay in the order. Corvus is too devoted to the republic and the order to abandon it. But lets say she feels she is not leading it right or whatever, blame the loss of the academies and or the jedi not being able to turn the tide for the Republic vs the sith.
Step down as grand master and remain a master in the council?
just dont leave the entire faction. We need you right here.

PS - wether or not we loose Ossus is not decided yet though. Admins will discuss it today I think.

Corvus Raaf said:
I'll still RP with anyone and everyone who wants to.
Good, you're too good a writer to stop RPs with.

Corvus Raaf said:
Which is why coming up with an IC reason to leave is a struggle.
Whatever you decide, I'd be happy for Minna to be involved in a thread about it. She'd have something to say, and obviously try talk her out of leaving.

But as Mantic says, there are other options. Don't have to go all Master Yoda on us :(

"This is not a call for a vote, or a hope that people will change my mind."

With all due respect, but I think it is. And my vote's a resounding "NO."

We're not here for invasions, we're not here for bullshet. We're here for fun, and we've totally lost sight of that (faction leadership you know who you are and I'm putting you on blast).

I lost sight of that during the last one. Got wrapped up in the crap; I consciously allowed it to affect my writing quality.

Then two days ago I start hearing "We need a new GM," and I snap out of it. Whatever the feck for, I'm thinking, OOC leadership doesn't mean a damn to me, I'm a grown up, I run my own writing. They're there to handle bs, like admin stuff I physically can't do.

And I realised that if you're unhappy with the faction leaders, it really doesn't matter.

I didn't say anything at first because I imagined it was all steam-blowing. I didn't think anyone had the balls to come to you and say something so pea-brained and stupid.
And I certainly didn't think this would be the reaction.

But if the people running this gig are going to approach it this way, then roll with it, make a story out of it. I was always going to leave the GR eventually, it was part of the plan.

Go with me.

Or stay, and face down these attitudes from the select minority (my name better not have been slapped on any of those talks), because they sure as hell don't represent my thinking.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

The jedi order is a sub-group within the GR, just like the military or the senate. If there is a removal of admin for OOC reason it need to be vented with that group before any decissions are made.

Looking at this thread very few jedi would want to vote for you to step down from the grand master seat, even less so the entire faction.
Reconsider! Please.

@admins
And as for the admins, this is most probably going to divide your attention (already has it seem). And they need to focus on the invasion and the talks with the OS. Not turning toward inner organisations. If there is an issue, lets wait until after the invasion.

This is, apart from a sad ooc thing also poor timing from a GR as a whole perspective..

I've been with the Republic and have kept tabs on the Republic for a very very long time. All that I have seen is it become even more twisted, and perhaps thats due to internal frustrations... but I can honestly say that in this entire time...[member="Corvus Raaf"] has been one of the best if not thee best Faction leaders and Grandmasters this faction has had. A testament to how many people have come to post how much they would detest her leaving.

I personally think, and maybe my opinion doesn't matter as much as the others, but I think it very terrible that the people who run this place have turned on one another.

I have always cared for the Republic and the Jedi Order, keeping ties with hope that the splinters would be fixed and severed ties mended again, but the atmosphere here has shifted and its not welcoming.

Corvus, while I agree with the others, I definitely see your point of view and I think there's been a strain on you and perhaps you need time away; at some point we all do. I know you'll do the good thing :)

Since when did skype conversations have anything to do with the general direction or feels of the faction? As is, the majority of people want you to stay, and if they do, then does it really matter what these 'leaders' think? You letting yourself get driven away by this will not only disappoint the dozens of people who enjoy RPing with you, but will also significantly hasten the demise of the faction. And being someone who's seen a major faction(that used to rival the Puvs) collapse in on itself due to OOC issues, I feel qualified enough to give an opinion.

Tl;dr please stay so Republic doesn't die, people who want you to change can bugger off

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

So I'm not going lie to you on this one. I had this discussion with other people who are in the republic about Corvus being grandmaster. I was in agreeance that yes being grand master might be costing the republic a few major losses in places against the Sith. But this is just a game and at no point (at least in my conversation) nobody said anything about you writing with certain writers.

In fact the only thing we were concerned about was the fact that you are TOO nice. After like 11 invasions you deserve a win and Corvus deserves her spot as grand master because on a goodness scale you are beating out Jesus and Ellen. But these conversations happen and it's nothing to be taken serious. You should hear the things the Sith say about me in private :p

I want you to stay, the entire faction wants you to stay, and to be honest leaving over something like this is unfair to them. You do a great job and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But maybe just be a little selfish from time to time :p

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I haven't heard anyone say anything bad or say that they didn't like you :( I haven't written with many GR members (I think....hard to say with others writings lots of characters), but it sounds like you've earned high respect from plenty of people here.

You are well loved. Remember that. And it will be hard for many to see you go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom