Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship ISF-35A 'Thunderbolt' First Order TIE Superiority Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
G2eqleA.png

bXA3MsI.png

W7FOExX.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To make the new standard FO Starfighter. Basically just formalizing the TIE/sf from canon.

Image Source:

Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: [x] This was a joint project to revitalize FO Strike Craft a while back. Given the uh, history with some of the involved parties, I figured it was simpler just to resub stuff. Obviously I'm not trying to plagiarize here, but I'm not going to pretend a lot of the basic concepts aren't just lifted from the linked sub either.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Affiliation: The First Order
Model: ISF-35A 'Thunderbolt' TIE Space Superiority Starfighter
Production: Minor
Material: Quadanium Alusteel Alloy Fuselage Construction, Glassteel and Transparisteel where appropriate.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Space Superiority Starfighter
Length: 6.69m
Width: 7m
Height: 8m
Power Core/Reactor Plant: 2 x Ion Reactors w/ Pre-Charged Deuterium Power Cells
Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner
Armament: Average
Defenses: Average
  • Standard Hull Construction
  • Carbon-Nanofilament Armor Plating
  • Secondary AR-03 Damage Reduction Component
  • Combat-Rated Ray Shielding
  • Combat-Rated Particle Shielding
  • Combat-Rated Ionic Shielding Package
  • Combat-Rated Countermeasure Package (Chaff/Flares/Passive Countermeasures/ECM/ECCM)
Squadron Count: Average - 12
Maneuverability Rating: High
Speed Rating: Average
Hyperdrive: None
Hyperdrive Class: N/A
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Torplex Flight Computer
  • T-Sj1a Targeting Computer
  • TAT and BAC Combat System Package
  • Ion-flux Cooling System
  • Subspace Communications Package with Military Encryption
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • IFC-DCN (Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network)
STRENGTHS
  • Space Superiority Fighter: Designed to wrest control of space from opposing forces, it is designed to outmaneuver and outfight enemy fighters.
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited Alpha Strike: The Thunderbolt has a weak 'alpha strike' compared to many modern fighters, instead relying primarily on aggressive sustained laser fire to destroy enemy craft.
  • Short Range Fighter: No hyperdrive means the Thunderbolt requires some from of carrier vessel to do anything beyond local system patrols.
  • Two Person Integrity: While having two people in the cockpit can be an advantage, it also means the possibility of disabling some portion of the functionality of the fighter by injuring either the pilot or gunner.
DESCRIPTION
The ISF-35A is the next generation First Order standard Starfighter. Heavily armed and maneuverable, it is an excellent dogfighter, but is hampered by its lack of hyperdrive. Primary armament is a pair of powerful L-s9.9 Laser Cannons featuring an Ion-Flux Cooling system which allows for a much higher rate of fire than normal. While not exceptionally powerful compared to a Heavy Laser Cannon, they are accurate and capable, and allow the Thunderbolt to keep sustained fire on a target, overwhelming shields and vaporizing armor if it can't break contact.
A bigger punch is delivered by the Lb-15 Turret, which sports a pair of slow firing but powerful Heavy Laser Cannons, and an integrated missile launcher that can carry a variety of munitions. It is however limited by a somewhat small payload (varies by ordnance, but typically maxes out at 6 munitions) and means the Thunderbolt has a limited strike capability. The most common loadout is four concussion missiles and two mag-pulse warheads, a good loadout for anti-starfighter work.
A state-of-the-art targeting computer and TAT and BAC system keep the Thunderbolt on the bleeding edge of detection and targeting, while the integrated IFC-DCN antenna (prominently mounted on the starboard side of the eyeball cockpit) give the Thunderbolt unprecedented access to realtime fire control quality data. Essentially, a Thunderbolt can offer target cueing to other fighters, ships, or vessels integrated in the network. The Thunderbolt also has a now standard array of ECM, ECCM, and other basic-level electronic warfare systems to allow for action even in complex EA environments. It also has a now-standardized nomenclature!

Last edited:
No need to worry on the Primary Source...I don't see plagiarism there. You made this into your own thing. That said...we have problems.

Image Source: Star Wars
I need a link to the images website where it displays it. This is not going to cut it.

Armament: Average
Okay as good as that is...you actually need to list which Torpedoes. You cannot just use the full list of which one do you refer to. This needs to be done.

T-Sj1a Targeting Computer
IFC-DCN (Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network)
You need these all linked to their proper sources. However since I am a nice person, I posted them below with links. You are welcome.

IFC-DCN (Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network)
T-s9a Targeting Computer

Lastly you are above one rating. This is due to the recent ruling. Hyperlinked the ruling. We no longer consider the Hyperdrive into the equation anymore. You either have it or you do not. Yes or No. Below that, you can add a hyperdrive. Here is the new format.

• Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? Only choose yes or no. The lack of a hyperdrive may be included in the weaknesses of a submission.)
  • Hyperdrive Class: (If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)
Please add the new material and figure out if you still want to.

Let me know when you make the changes and we can move on.
Cyrus Tregessar Cyrus Tregessar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom