Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is College Necessary? Is it good for Society?

[member="Valeria Aetani"]

I also work part time in a convenience store. ;)

I'm certain that the two words that haunt the modern day unemployed college/university graduate are 'experience required'.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[this is Seras/Jaime]

[member="Hal Terrano"] this is why you have to find a place where the hiring manager is lonely, single and enjoys being treated to dinner.... it works kind of she'll look past what your studied and if you have experience.

Some type of post secondary education is a requirement for a lot of professions. Engineering is one, though the education in college isn't perfect as it's in a "broad strokes" sort of way.

Yet, college isn't necessary for everyone. In fact, a lot of people would save a lot of time and money by foregoing a four year degree and just taking up a trade. Real life example: There were a lot of recent hires for Operators at the Refinery that I work at. Operators, at the minimum, simply require a 2 year degree - preferably one Process related. Yet, HR simply just wants someone that's not a total idiot and has credentials to prove that (military and professional experience counts toward this).

However, I saw a lot of the new Operator hires actually have four year degrees in Biology and Business Administration. They wasted thousands of dollars on four year degrees that aren't even being used when they could have just going to a technical school.

Valeria Aetani said:
[member="Hal Terrano"]
Oh yeah, you need experience but all the entry level jobs...require experience!
Internships.

And that's really for the AAA companies that pay top dollar for their entry level hires. Local small businesses will hire the totally inexperienced.

sabrina

No joiner do need any quals

proven yesterday, he lump steel protecting some thing.
His reaction, my screw has not gone all the way in.
Answer, lean into so it hows more power behind it
Result pierces 3mm steel, and then penetrates a gas meter.

Still have not got over that, first day on emergency response.

As for quals and jobs, richard branson has no quals he runs a billion dollar empire
Their is more to live than qualifications, it is your natural born skills what will make you or break you.
Qualification, just mean you have some academical skill, not you sell things, not that you make things. Do art, make music, do physical work what only require physical strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom