Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irony Sucks (Ask for Invite)

Rebellious Vanguard
~ A few hours ago... ~

"Stupid piece of junk!!" This was the sound of Ventasia's rage as she zoomed through the skies above Corucsant. It was the first time in years she'd been back to the planet, or Republic space in general. However, not that much had actually changed. Just as she hijacked a fighter to leave Coruscant and Jedi behind, she'd done it again. But this time, it was to return. One would wonder why she'd return after seemingly not being able to get away from the Jedi fast enough. The reasoning was simple; she needed more contacts. All of her current contacts were Protectorate personnel. Her circle needed to expand. Where better to start than in the Republic? It just made sense. Now, she only wished she could find a better way to get around..

The stolen borrowed fighter hurled through the clouds as she tried to gain some measure of control. Though that was a pretty massive failure. The ship continued to barrel downward, obviously out of control. Ventasia's eyes glanced at the console as she toggled and flipped multiple switches. As she glanced up, her eyes grew wide. She was on a path to have a head on collision with another oncoming vessel. At the last moment, she grabbed at the control stick, rolling the fighter just enough to avoid the collision. Though the vessels did have a glancing blow against each other, which sent sparks flying into the air. A deep exhale came from her lips as she thought she'd avoided adding another notch to the record books. But something was odd. It was suddenly quiet. That was when it hit her. The glancing blow with the oncoming vessel must have somehow taken out her engines

Ventasia shook her head before reaching for the bag she'd stashed underneath the seat. Her eyes stared ahead as she dove towards the landing pad below. This wasn't the first time, and probably wouldn't be the last. "Screw this.." Mere moments before the fighter crashed into the landing pad, she ejected herself from the fighter, leaping through the glass into the air. Almost as soon as she did, the crash resulted in a large explosion that definitely wouldn't go unnoticed. Pack in hand she landed about 10 feet from the wreckage. A simple shake of her head was all she gave before turning from the remains and throwing the pack over her back. Before she could even take a step forward, armed guards stood before her, weapons drawn. Escape wasn't impossible, but what was the point? If she got away all of Coruscant would be after her. She raised her hands into the air and watched as the guards moved in on her, all while she mumbled to herself. "Is this what it's going to be like every time I try to land somewhere supposedly friendly?.."

~Present Time~

Here she sat in a familiar position. Detained by armed security. They been asking her for sometime why she'd come to Coruscant. What was her intent in crashing the fighter? Who she was working with? No words left her lips. Only a look of discontent and irritation. A year ago, she'd have simply shot them, if she allowed things to even get that far. Somehow, over time, she'd changed somewhat. There was no response no matter the question posed to her, only her cold stare. Frustrated, the guards had decided to call the Jedi, and Ventasia over if necessary. Personally, she liked that option better. At least most Jedi had half a brain. Most, anyway.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
@[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Matsu had been flying over Coruscant when something nearly hit her, a ship almsot struck another one and the jedi master had had to shoot up higher to dodge them both before looking as someone escaped. She rushed back to the temple to see what the news might be and now as she walked down the street not flying her small robed figure showing a air of powr and presence her size might not have but never the less when she entered the building and was brought in her Atrisian styled garb... Kimono, geta shoes, parasol closed and under her arm. Under the other arm was another box and Matsu set it on the table letting the ornate wood polished from cleaning and care open to show the tools she needed.

A kettle some water, small grating and bowl with coal, pitch, some flint with stone and cups. The scent of Jasmine clung in the air as silently Matsu went to work lighting the fire with a crack of the flint on stone to spark it and the coal burned while she set the pot on it with the water inside. The lowered the small bags to sit. The little smoke it gave off went away as she blew letting the force dance and disperse it around the room. Then came the cups as they were set one in front of Ventasia and the other at her closed hands. She gave a smile while speaking and looking the red head over. She was many things but at the moment merely another friendly face. "Now some questions I think Miss... I am sorry. They did not give me your name. I am Jedi Master Matsu Ike."

Rebellious Vanguard
This was..odd. Ventasia had been detained plenty of times before, but this was unlike any other time. The armed guards had left the room as a woman entered. Her eyes trailed the woman over as she watched her seemingly set a table. Water, bowls, cups, and a number of other things the woman pulled out. Frankly, this just confused her more than anything else. She had no idea what to think, but certainly wasn't going to let her guard down. The woman went on, starting a small fire, pouring water, dropping a few small pouches into the pot. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she pulled out two smalls cups, setting them on the table before she looked up. This whole thing was only getting more strange by the moment.

Into the empty cup she looked for a moment as the woman began to speak. This was when she gained Ventasia's full attention. The woman's name was Matsu, and reveled herself to be a Jedi Master. Her eyes shot up towards Matsu, narrowing as she seemed to look straight through her. Why call in the Jedi? What's the point in being so welcoming...exactly what does she want? Honestly, there really was no need in her being so suspicious. The Jedi weren't hard to read, but this one was just strange. "Jedi....master, huh? You have no idea who I am. So, why bother telling me that little piece?.."
@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu just looked at Ventasia and spoke giving a small frown but also a half smile. "Well I could learn all about you, delve into your mind, I could read the file but that would eliminate the joys of conversation between us. You seem upset when you have no need to be, come while the tea heats up we can have a small conversation. It will sooth you and relax your soul." Then she remained while steam started to come, the small wisps. "Now your here because you crashed a ship, nearly hitting me in the process I might add but I was flying in the lanes... Stillif the ship was crashing because you were injured or hurt, if someone had been attacking you. We can help you. If it was just an error we can see to perhaps community service or some parole granted you take flying lessons."

Then her smile faded while more steam came, delicately the pot was raised and poured into the cups before being set down again on the table. "Now come and tell me your name, perhaps why you were coming to Coruscant. I assure you, there will be no ill will given but all of this will go smoother if your not resisting at every chance."

Rebellious Vanguard
The heat from her expression nearly matched the boiling water sat between them. Why she remained there, she'd probably never know. But Ventasia simply sat there, not a blink, not a change in her expression regardless of the words coming from the Jedi's mouth. Her words were basically falling on deaf eyes after having only spoken for a few short moments. After several silent moments, Ventasia finally spoke. Though, more than likely, it wasn't what Matsu wanted to hear. "Service? Parole? Lessons? You must be joking. As if I'm supposed to g along with whatever you say cause your an oh so high and mighty Jedi. Don't fool yourself."

With still no change in her expression, her anger was beginning to get the better of her. She wasn't thinking ahead anymore, just simply blurting out whatever came to mind. "What's more, it's nice to know that the pilot that almost took me out was none other one of the preachers of peace. I don't know what your expecting me to say, or get out of this conversation, but lets be realistic. Where do you think this is going? And as a matter of fact, go ahead. Dive into my mind, if your willing to take the risk." No matter her state of mind, there was one thing Ventasia could always do; bluff. She had no idea how strong this Matsu was mentally. She just had to hoep she'd give up and let her get out of here. The plan was to in and out of Coruscant without causing any major drama, but since that plan was already in the toilet, she was ready for things to get messy if she had no options.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Oh I wasn't in the ship Miss Ventasia." She let the anger from Ventasia wash over her and didn't need to smile or raise her eyebrows, she was different in it. Strong enough to fly, strong enough to control the weather but she couldn't make some force pushes like others did. She could though brush into those surface thoughts, into those angry words and remained seated taking a sip. "If you would like I could come back later after you have cooled off, when you are able to think beyond trying to insult. Where you are right now you crashed a ship that wasn't your if I am correct in the Republic capital. That could with the right perspective be very dangerous given your status." It wasn't a lie but it was a twist or the full truth, in all honesty Matsu was more then willing to believe she had meant no harm but was in trouble. If anything the girl might be able to leave after a few hours.

"Now come on @[member="Ventasia Terana"] I wish to know about you, it is not so often I meet one of interest. Perhaps you would be so kind as to regal to me the tale of how you came to be here. How you got to Coruscant and if you'd allow it, if you would be so kind. A number so we can contact a next of kin or friend. Just to let them know your alright."

Rebellious Vanguard
Normally, she'd have begun to wonder how someone she'd hadn't met until now knew her name. But this was the Jedi she was dealing with, again. There was no point in asking such obvious questions. She was more interested how she would get out of this mess. Matsu wasn't playing Ventasia's games. She wasn't answering any question that she posed. They were essentially talking in circles, and that wouldn't get either of them anywhere. She needed to think of a way to get out of this situation, but to do that, she'd have to interest Matsu. Maybe I can strike a deal... Matsu wanted her to talk. She could've easily gone into the Jedi's archives, but she wanted words straight from her own mouth. This was something she could to her advantage. There was something she could use to draw her in. Now, it was just a matter of whether or not it would work..

"I've got a better idea. Lets help each other out. You get me out of here, and I'll tell you what you want to know. Simple, yes? I mean, it's a win-win. What do you say?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I would say, you need a better poker face but given the only other option is to leave you sitting in a cell for the next few hours. I suppose handling you will save the officers some work." The jedi master continued to drink her tea as she finished and poured more. "When we are done, there is always time to tea and it calms the body and mind. Your going to I hope be quite talkative miss Terana, it isn't every day I meet someone who isn't going to claim they are this and that. That they are innocent and we are mistaken, it is refreshing." That though did bring a smile to her face while offering a hand across the table. "Now come and shake for this deal I am certain you will have fun conversating with me. I am a good listener and very interested in your tale."

Finally she finished the tea and set it all back in the box picking it up as it was packed while holding the parasol in her hands while offering it to Ventasia. "If you would hold it to protect from sunburns it would be quite a kindness. Now come and we can begin to talk." The station had signed the woman to the jedi after checking her out but let them stay as a request while the jedi master walked and kept her mind trained on Ventasia so if she tried to run she could catch her easily enough. No killing just disable her.

Rebellious Vanguard
Well, the plan worked. Kind of. She'd be let free, but still be under the eyes of this jedi. Yet, it was better than the alternatives. She very well couldn't call for help, as she wasn't actually in trouble. In order to get what she wanted, she'd have to play Matsu's game. At least for now, that is. Her eyes glanced at the hand that had been extended towards her. They lingered for a few seconds before she closed her eyes and began to rise to her feet. "Yeah. Hope you don't that I lack enough trust in any being to even fake that." She grasped the strap of her which rests at her feet, before picking up and slinging it over her back. Actually, she was quite pleased that security had forgotten about it. After all, they likely wouldn't have given her a chance to explain. Which probably would've led to her having to commit several crimes to get away from the authorities. It all would have been a drag, so she was glad they it didn't go that direction.

Her eyes trailed the jedi as she sipped down more tea before packing her things up. It was odd that she offered her umbrella to Ventasia. So odd, she didn't know what to make of it. She simply shook her head as she pointed towards the door and followed her out. "Lets just get going."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu kept walking with Ventasia as she smiled letting her hands come to her back and clasp. The girl was... interesting and while she did suspect trying to play her or even escape. There was little else one could do unless they were willing to hurt or kill. "Now come and tell me what brought you to Coruscant Ventasia?" The jedi master stayed chipper offering a smile while they walked but she kept her senses on the girl, it was one thing to play naive and foolish, it was another to actually be it and she had learned how to play to her strengths. While not physically imposing she was more or less able to overpower, force body and crucitorn to let her keep going and malacia to stop should she run.

Rebellious Vanguard
Ugh. The continuously upbeat mood of this jedi was begging to make her nauseous. There had to be some way to get under this one's skin, but if there was, she definitely wasn't showing it. Honestly, Ventasia was begging to think this was a waste of her time. She pondered taking off. She was probably faster, or at least just as fast as this jedi, which would mean that she at least had a chance to get away. That was, if she was right about everything. If she was wrong, she may as well be putting herself in front of an execution squad. She needed to be careful in this situation. That is, if she wanted to leave with her head still intact. "I'm looking for a contact. Well, so to speak. Better question. Why did you let me out so easily?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Because I believe under the right circumstances a person can change, for instance you are skilled both in the force and your profession no doubt. A little bad at piloting but we can't all be aces now can we, your fiery with your words and when needed to be I have no doubt able to do what it takes to protect yourself and people. So why do you waste such potential where you are? Why not be part of something larger then yourself and bring that talent to the galaxy. I am almost certain whatever truths you tell yourself at night are laced hope and I want to offer that chance to you."

The jedi master still remained cheery but now she gave a small smile that was tight lipped showing humor in her eyes as well as searching. She was watching the woman's face for something, anything really that might indicate acknowledgement. It would be saddening not to have been correct but still she let herself walk forward. "You see Ventasia, there are many things a person can do in life. I just want to help you be able to make an informed decision and not make a mistake that could cause your young life to be ruined. People could have died in that crash and where would their burden have been? On you. Where would their families have wanted justice? With you and I would have had to stand by and watch a young woman still early in her life vanish. So I hope you do not run from this."

Rebellious Vanguard
Ventasia continued pacing behind Matsu, eyes narrowing at her as she collected her thoughts. She's trying to read me, that much is obvious. I can probably assume she won't dive into my head, considering I'd know she was there. The question is; what answer is she looking for? What is she trying to get out of me. Whether or not she cares about what happens to me is irrelevant. I need to find out exactly what she's trying to pry out of me without tipping her off. I could come right out and ask her, but that may be too forward. She'd simply dance around the question, or give a false answer to throw me off. I need to be subtle, without giving any indication that I'm probing her back. I seriously need t be careful. She may be a jedi, but chances are that if I say one wrong word, I may be waling into my own execution.

A few moments of silence passed before Ventasia said anything in response. "What makes you think I'm wasting myself where I am? You have no idea what I do, or who I work for. Perhaps I already am helping the galaxy, or maybe just myself. Either way, even if someone's blood was on my hands, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't lose much sleep. If any. And I assure you, I have got nothing to run from." As the last words exited her lips, Ventasia figured at least one piece of this puzzle. Whether she knows I was with them before or not, she's trying to bring me to the Jedi.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu stared up as the woman spoke and continued to observe her face while she felt her mind working. It was a small thing a simple question but she wasn't going to push it as the small park they came to showed the temple in the distance. The bench was her destination and finally Ventasia spoke and oh it was quite interesting. Rather curious to her even but. She seemed to be probing just as much to what end? To get under her skin and escape? She was only here for now because she was keeping the jedi master company though telling her that wasn't needed quite yet. It was enjoyable to be out of the temple and with a smirk she patted the seat next to her letting a fan come out of her sleeve.

"Now come and sit down Ventasia and we can discuss it. After all without violating your mind, without forcing my way in there for the truth or using a mind trick. I am left with only surface thoughts and conversation. So come and tell me what you do that might be so different please. I offer no judgement and am here to listen, in the end if your open to it. Perhaps there is a surprise I can offer, a gift for you to let this attitude that I am sure serves you well but fight it if you wish. I will only show you kindness. So sit and talk and I will listen, I will not judge you and if you do not like my offer there is a ship in the hanger of the temple you can leave on and take wherever just find someway to return it to us please."

Rebellious Vanguard
So stuck on trying to stay one step ahead of the jedi, Ventasia payed no attention to where they headed even as they continued walking. Suffice to say, it caught her a bit off guard as they arrived at a park. The woman took a seat no a bench, signaling for her to join as she spoke. Personally, she almost thought it was funny. The thought that any jedi had the audacity to judge her, it was humoring and irritating at the same moment. It was as if she could feel her own blood begin to boil. But she had to remain calm, after all, her life my very well depend on it. That, and she couldn't win this mental battle if she was angered. Already she was having a time trying to beat the jedi to her own thoughts, more or less. Ventasia would have to play Matsu's game..at least, for now.

She joined the woman on the bench, crossing one leg over the other before crossing her arms over her chest. "There's not much to discuss. If you must know, I'm a...negotiator of sorts. I broker deals, for the most part." At that moment, a plan began to formulate in her mind. A ship? One that she's simply willing to hand over? What's her angle? What could she want in return? Either way, I might have just found my way off Coruscant. But to do it...... Her eyes shifted to the corners of their sockets, falling upon the jedi. I'll might have to get rid of her completely...This might get messy.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Ah that must be quite fun, getting to meet all sorts of new people. Helping solve problems or in some cases working to cause new ones. I.. Come sit down and tell me please. Then you may do as you like." Matsu remained cheerful but her eyes were watching the woman, she was trained for several things and spoke more keeping a smile. "In your travels have you perhaps met other force users? I have always wanted to meet a Warden of the Sky or another Zeison. The Jal shey were quite fun to learn from when I was younger and the ember of Vahl, I talked with and learned from some of their members much like the Jensaari and shapers. I even when I was learning as a padawan got trained in hand to hand by the mandalorians then in Teras Kasi. Oh I loved traveling in my youth then I met someone and couldn't travel. So I find I must live vicariously through ones I meet."

Matsu kept looking her over and finally averted her eyes giving a small giggle measured out before extracting a fan that gleamed from thin ultrachrome plates. She didn't need much to defend herself but the fans were useful for so many things, she would have to study some more things in the library. "I do hope you will find it enjoyable before departing, I would hate to be poor company." She didn't fully like it in that way, she wanted to be a good host to her company.

Rebellious Vanguard
She scoffed loudly at Matsu's words. it seemed the only people she found interesting were the ones who were sensitive to the force. That itself wasn't much of a shock, as she expected something of nature from the perspective of the narrow minded Jedi. "I've...met a few others. A Warden here, a dark user there. Though, they aren't all that interesting. And nether are the ones who I broker deals with. I don't solve problems. I negotiate deals so that my side can get the most out of it, and I do it by any means necessary. Even if that means I have to get rid of a few people that are in the way. Either way, it doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, I don't even bother to cover my own trail." Saying such a thing was quite the bold move, at least it was in front of this woman. But something bothered her still...

Her eyes narrowed as the jedi pulled the fan from her person. Something didn't sit right with the timing of her actions. That's too convenient. While it may just be a fan, I don't exactly know what she's capable of. in her hands, that fan could easily be my death. Is that her plan? Or is she a step ahead of me in making me think that? No, I get it now. No one is ahead. We've been in a stalemate since we started this game, whether she knows she's play or not. I don't have a tell, so either my thoughts are right on the surface, or we're having the same thoughts. That's unlikely, but not impossible. Either way, no one is going to get anywhere at this rate. Someone has to make a move..

Ventasia turned her whole head to face Matsu. "I might wrong, but I don't think I am. I suspect you plan on this heading in one of two directions. Either you intend to bring me back to your little Jedi Order, or you intend to watch me consistently. And the moment I step out of line, you intend to end my life. As I said, I might be wrong, as there's only a two percent chance that what I'm saying is correct, but I don't believe I'm wrong. Well, jedi? Am I right, or not?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Yes." Matsu smiled and remained very still while she looked at Ventasia and fanned herself. She let the ambiguity hang in the air to what she was referring with 'yes' but then continued hopping from her seat with the fan still going in front of her face. She let her surface thoughts be simply about the beauty around her. "Yes I am looking to recruit you to the jedi Ventasia, despite our claims... Some know better then the children. We are not perfect, we sin usually in the name of protecting people. We make mistakes in the name of peace and people die. Some believe jedi have to be perfect and that is not true. We all have our past sins... Some more telling of our character then others. For instance not many know how many redeemed and former darksiders are in the order. How many older rogues and dark jedi have come or left. How many we have failed to help or protect."

"The order at times has killed if it might serve the greater good perhaps but. I am here to recruit you or... let you go. Though the temple is where the ship is, we don't have private hangers for ships. So no matter what you decided the temple was our destination. Unless you just want to run away and try to steal another ship."

Rebellious Vanguard
Yes? To which answer?... Now, they both being blunt, though Matsu was doing it in quite the vague way. Did she mean yes to her watching? Did this jedi actually have the intent to kill her? From what she had seen so far, it was highly unlikely that this was the type of Jedi to strike someone down in moment's notice. No, Ventasia would need to do something that would endanger the life of others in order for this jedi to come at her. It hard to tell if she was aware that Ventasia had been trained by the Jedi at one point, only to leave on her own will. Oddly enough, the same way she returned, with a 'borrowed' fighter. But she did have to give this one a bit of respect. Most Jedi fight to the end that they are guardians of peace, and only bring down those who threaten others. Actually, this was the first time she'd met one that admitted that they made mistakes. That, at times, they took innocent lives in order to achieve their goals. It gave her an odd feeling, as she may had remained with the Jedi had more like Matsu been around. But that was neither here, nor there. She was a different person now.

It was strange that she mentioned simply allowing her to leave if she didn't wish to return to the order. Though that made sense, considering she mentioned the vessel she intended to give her was in the Jedi Temple. Bringing her through their was probably the last ditch effort to bring her back from being what most would consider a 'fallen jedi'. But Ventasia wanted to test something. She wanted to see how far she could push it, and what she'd have to do to change the woman's thoughts. "Well, then. What about..." She leaned froward removing her bag from her back and placing it on the bench between them. Swiftly, the bag would be unzipped to reveal several thermal detonators, a blaster, and a datapad within. "This." She always loved to push the limits, but now she was playing with fire.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu kept looking at Ventasia and then to the bag as she stepped to look into it. Her face showed a frown as she looked up at the girl and gave her best motherly (as she has twin daughters) shake of her head before raising the fan and tapping it. Not hitting but tapping it onto her hand. er eyes remained on the woman as her voice came out chipper but there was no smile. Just narrow eyes that held no humor and reflected what she was good at, she was good at more then calling storms, more then being sent to prisons. Those were hers, something that she had been into since birth -click- The parasol's handle went to the side as she held it and her words came out while the humor melted from her face. Leaving an icy glare with briefly a sliver of the polished beskad in the handle.

"Did you plan to use them Ventasia?" Her words were not humor filled, no the girl had gotten her wish and now was standing with the child of the netherworlds, the one who called the storm at Metalorn sending it into the prison to ensure the sith couldn't use them as hostages. She had been truthful about killing in the name of peace and right now the familiar weight slid from her sleeve to her hand. Silver with gold electrum. "The next move is yours Ventasia and I hope you understand the consequences."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom