Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irony Sucks (Ask for Invite)

Rebellious Vanguard
Her face basically lit up as she noticed the jedi's personality had done a complete 180. The smile she'd worn since they'd met non longer graced her lips. Even her eyes now told a different story. Ventasia's plan had worked to perfection. Just as it was to be. She walked right into that little trap. She wore a face that she was all about peace, but this one is more like me than she knows. I said no word, no mention of whether I planned to use them, or if they were even real. Yet suddenly, the tone has shifted completely. I've seen exactly what I wanted to see. Looks like I was one step ahead after all. This win belongs to me, jedi.

She zipped the bag closed once more, returning it to her back. Her lips curved into a rather pleased grin, unable to hold back her smile. She allowed the two to simply sit in silence for a few moments. It gave her a chance to observe Matsu, and see if she was truly prepared to strike. "All of you Jedi are like me, whether you admit it or not. You find a thrill in battle. You feel a pleasurable relief after you've struck an opponent down. I didn't say what they were for, and neither did you bother to ask. Once you decided that I was a threat, you were ready to kill. There was no attempt to even defuse the situation. So much for peace, huh?" Oh, the feeling of one-upping someone was wonderful, but it was all the better considering she did it to one of the oh-so-high-and-mighty Jedi. Whether she made any new contacts or not, today was a win as far as Ventasia was concerned.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu slowly moved letting the blade enter the handle fully and click closed as she listened. it wasn't the thrill of battle, or wanting to kill she wanted. "There was no thrill Vantasia, no joy in this. You have gotten what you wanted, I do hope you enjoy yourself. For I will only hope one of these days you do not try again." Matsu took a breathe letting it out. "When I was younger I had so much mercy and now I find one chance, that is all you receive from me and you have pushed. Now understand that what I said about jedi killing to protect the innocent. I meant it, I have killed several in the pursuit of peace. Did I enjoy it? No but we all have our sins and one day I will answer for mine. One day I will be judged but by a girl who can only find purpose working to provoke people." The jedi master turned her gaze from one of coldness to warmth and then to pity. She felt sadness for the girl while turning to continue towards the temple.

"Come on now, no sense in drawing it out. You only wish to provoke me a fight and I cannot condone such a thing. So lets get out home Ventasia, I have a meeting to go to at Baktoids headquarters and do not wish to be late to my ship."

Rebellious Vanguard
The coy grin upon her lips remained as she rose from her seat on the bench following behind Matsu. "Lead the way, Jedi." Indeed, Ventasia saw this as nothing more than a small victory in her own mind. For one claimed to be all about peace, Matsu had been quite easily provoked and with very little effort. Not only would she get back to what she was previously doing, but she'd get a new vessel to do it in, as well. Looks like I win, indeed. That was so easy, it almost ruins the fun. But something is odd here, something....different. I got what I wanted. She's stopped trying to recruit me. So does it feel like we're still pushing against one another? Why do I feel like this mental struggle between us is still happening. Maybe she wanted me to provoke her? No. Not this one. So what the hell is going on here?...

Her eyes remained focused on the jedi. Ventasia wanted no more surprises. "Don't pretend to understand me, Jedi. I didn't come here to start a fight, or a war. Considering things this type of turn for me, there was something I needed to see while I was stuck here. Provoking you was simply a means to an end. Nothing more, nothing less."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

@[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Matsu looked back a little as the way she spoke letting interest show with a small raising of her eyebrow. "Provoking me is not something one does, there is a reason why I can honestly say jedi kill. Because I kill for the greater good and the needs of the many. do not take my gentle nature for something to tempt Vantasia. You have a great gift and you waste it seeking confrontation where if you had asked. I would have simply let you go, now I know what your carrying and will have to watch you until you leave the planet. Whatever you came here to do, lead the way but try to run and understand I have accepted my fate in the order. I am not the perfect jedi... I am a jedi who kills the one to protect the many."

Then she slowly turned setting the saber on her hip and offering a smile. "Now lets see what business you have here ventasia then I can see you off. My meeting with Baktoid can wait a little longer. I am certain Miss Wren enjoys being kept waiting."

Rebellious Vanguard
Ms. Wren? Baktoid? Well, it was made quiet obvious who Matsu had an upcoming meeting with. Though Alli would have to wait a little longer.Though Ventasia figured it wouldn't hurt her much. A small sigh escaped her lips. "Well, since you provide such honesty in your answers, I'll give you some honesty of my own. I didn't come to Coruscant on a whim. This galaxy is a big place, and I seem to be making more enemies than friends, and those enemies will obviously have friends of their own. Basically, I came here to make contacts. Some that could help me out in a dire situation, and some that could provide me with information I may need. And don't worry about those explosives I showed you. There's also a lightsaber in there, believe it or not. It's simply a part of being prepared for anything."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Well you have an odd and dangerous way of making friends to help you out Ventasia." The jedi master held her parasol with a smile while just moving back to stand near her. "If you had asked me to let you simply walk away I would have. I am not a fan of cells, even though I am very good at breaking out of them. A girl prepared for anything should also be prepared to ask for help when it is needed. Now come.. We'll find you some friends to help you out and then you can be off." Her face held humor and her voice had returned to its pleasant tone speaking just above a whisper which was standard. No need to get upset her face could show that when it lost all its warmth.

"Now where would you like to start first, I find the undercity far better for meeting ones who don't pay to much attention to you past. Some might even find your attitude charming. It reminds me of myself at your age... Always looking to push the limits of a person. I did that and ended up falling in love with my only friend."

Rebellious Vanguard
"Yeah...no one said anything about friends." She proceeded to move forward, not even glancing towards Matsu. After all, the tone of her voice said all that needed to be said. She was smiling and happy again. In all honesty, the woman was so happy, it was sickening. Nonetheless, she spoke the truth. Ventasia forever had a penchant of going about things the hard way, no matter the situation. This only became worse as her anger grew throughout the years. For someone so intelligent and thoughtful, it was true that she overly relied on impulse. And where had that gotten her so far? Perhaps is was time she took a step back and looked at a few things....or not.

"I'm not exactly looking for criminals, smugglers, or to start hiring mercs. That's not how I do business. Speaking of which, how do you do business? I'm sure you've had to get your hands dirty quite a few times. How do you prefer it? Quick and quiet? Or do you make it into a showcase?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

The question brought a smirk to Matsu's lips... were her hands dirty? Not always to some sure to her she was doing what was needed so the galaxy could find peace. "I have found the preferred method of one slice of my blade. No grandiose gestures, no showmanship just one motion and then depart. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. What I have done has saved more lives in the long run and protected the people because jedi lie. We do not fight for peace that is the slogan... We fight for the people who can make peace. If we didn't have rules about ruling over people we might be different but we are the silent guardians of the Republic. Let them have their games so long as the people are safe, fed and healthy we will stand aside."

The small trail off from the topic though let the jedi master bring her parasol onto her back with a small string. "As for you lead the way and we'll find you friends of better repute then, perhaps your talents will endear them to you. I hear some people like fiery red heads."

Rebellious Vanguard
She chuckled, nearly laughed even as she listened to the jedi's response. "The silent killer, huh? I suppose I could understand that. Personally, I like to enjoy bringing someone down slowly. You start with the mind, and burn that out, then work your way about the body. I find it fun to watch someone crumble like that." Well, one thing was certain. Ventasia never lied if she didn't need to. Granted, it had been some time since she was put in such a position. And oddly enough, she was happy about that. Then again, she lacked the same rules that the Republic, and Jedi used. Hell, she would wipe an entire city off the face of a planet if it meant accomplishing her goal. But that was dangerous territory to stray into, no doubt.

Her feet stopped as she looked toward the Jedi, then back in the direction they headed. The Jedi's temple wasn't far from here, which meant the hangar wasn't far from here. He eyes flashed back to Matsu as she pondered for a moment. "You know, I think I've found what I needed. So to speak. You've been on Coruscant for some time, I believe. I sure that you can put me in contact with the people you believe would work well with one like myself. Plus. I'm pretty sure I'm still being watched." It wasn't so much that she trusted Matsu, but more that she doubted she would put her in contact with someone who would kill her. After all, the jedi had her own opportunity to do it, and she didn't seem like the type to let someone have her prey.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu stopped and looked back with a nod of her head. "There are a few people I have met, they might be able to help you. Several helped me on missions a long time ago. Though I would recommend being.... Tactful Ventasia, they are not always the most kind or known for... availability but if you want help they will do so as a favor to me." With a smirk she thought about Doiki and Avaline who had infiltrated Kessel with her. Both former Republic operatives and at one point wet workers, it was why they were sent to Kessel with her. She needed ones who could do the things to secure a reputation as a killer but not actually be the one killing. Not a fun task.

"As for being watched, we are always being watched. In your case though it is by me and while I might find you interesting... I do not know if letting you walk into danger. Even if it is controlled, so explain to me more these methods of yours. It is always fun to compare notes and see where one learned such skills. I would almost be brave enough to say you were trained in Dun moch if you held the swagger to be a force user and not hide it. A lightsaber can get others out of many spots."

Rebellious Vanguard
"Well, since you know where to go, lead on. Jedi." Her eyes simply lingered on the jedi even after she ceased to speak. Tact wasn't something that Ventasia used often, even though she was capable of such. It just wasn't her style, if you would. It was much easier to find a back door and blow it open, or to just bring down the roof on someone. Being tactful was something she only used when need be, And right now, the need wasn't there.

She didn't know what she was talking about, to an extent. "Dun Moch? Don't know where that is. But if you want to know where I learned to watch my own back, as far as the force goes, that started here on Coruscant. Suffice to say, I wasn't the most welcoming student. Not that I cared to be. I had instant talent, and needed to cultivate it so it could be used to my advantage. I don't even usually carry my lightsaber with me. It only serves to draw attention. Though I'm curios. Which of my talents is it that interests you?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

She didn't know what Dun Moch was? How interesting and explaining it would only give a name to possibly her natural personality. No as she listened there were a few things Ventasia understood but it was needed that. "Dun Moch is the ability to get inside someone head to eat away at their resolve, their calm, their patience. If you are not trained in it then you have developed it naturally. A rare talent for some, but it might serve you well enough as time goes on." The trip down to the lower city was much easier but the other parts of Ventasia's answer did raise something.

"Not a welcoming student? Oh if anything your just the kind of student a jedi would enjoy. All fire and a little passion. Like many before they settle down, the small things of youth with all your energy and pent up feelings. It is what lead many astray but some get through it, should you ever wish to return and complete your training... Should you ever need help or teachings or just want to talk. My chambers are always open to the ones we have failed." She said we, the order failed many of its own and she could acknowledge that, why blame the student wholly. Yes sometimes they left because they didn't want to stay but others abandoned the order because of neglect or it not being a good place.

Rebellious Vanguard
To the lower parts of the city, Ventasia would follow as they continued their conversation. Hearing the Jedi explain it the way she did, it made sense that she thought she'd been trained in the art of Dun Moch. Being honest with herself, she always did poke and prod at the people in certain that caught others attention. Ventasia could always push someone beyond their normal limits, even when she didn't realize she was doing it. That only furthered her belief that the Force was not a be all end all.

Matsu's next comment took even Ventasia by surprise. Hearing a Jedi admit that the fault didn't lie completely with a student, it only served to reafirm that this Jedi was different from the others she'd known and met. It made her think a bit. Perhaps if one such as Matsu had brought her into the order originally, maybe....nope. She relinquished the thought. Her ideals and those of the Jedi were far different. "Thanks, but no thanks. My current life suits me just fine. No reason to change it. And certainly no reason to return to the Jedi."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"You don't have to return, fortunately I believe in doing what you should.. My trying to recruit you and bring you into the jedi is over. No it is all about just simply making sure you are safe. I don't want to have it be said I failed to be a proper host." Matsu continued forward and deeper into the undercity, the stairs leading down to the crux just below the true under city were lights were dimmed and a vaulted ceiling under it all. Even the ground was no longer ferracrete but dirt. The jedi master looked up at a shaft high above that the sun could barely seen being reflected off the top.

"We are in the oldest levels of Coruscant, at one time there was a creature down here, ancient and powerful brought to this world by the ancient sith forces. In the time of the Empire it was used for other things, dangerous people could move around the world and ascend to carry out an evil mans orders. My friends are just up ahead at one of the struts, It is not often I have to come down here but do be careful. As I tell my daughters.. We never actually caught the creature."

Rebellious Vanguard
So, by her words, the Jedi had backed off from getting her to rejoin the order. At least for the time being, that is. The decent deeper down under Coruscant was rather quiet. Due, in large part, to Ventasia keeping her mouth shut for the first time today. She simply collected her thoughts as the scenery around her continued to darken. One thing she had to admit was that the Jedi had been rather helpful since her...ironic arrival on-world. With the exception of the bait she took earlier when she antagonized her, Matsu had been nothing but hospitable. Yet, Ventasia had been her usual rude, crude self. It wasn't that she felt bad or anything of the like, but she for the first time in a while she felt as if she owned someone something.

The change as they reached the bottom was...drastic to say the least. While it didn't seem like it existed on Coruscant, there was dirt beneath her feet. The talk of an ancient and untamed beast roaming about caught her ears. It made her wonder what exactly was down here that she didn't know about, what secrets Coruscant truly hid. It brought a slight grin to her face. "Ah. Suddenly I don't know which interests me more. These friends of yours, or this monstrosity. Well, maybe I can have both.."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu smiled as she turned her head back to see Ventasia as the woman spoke about wanting to see the secrets. "There are plenty of things down here, a scholar could easily spend their entire life finding the remains of ancient battles or creatures. Places where the Empire in the dark times created prisons or transported many under here. There was so many things done but that is where history is sketchy. Too much might be rumor or tall tale by ones who wished to seem important at the time. Come we should continue." Matsu continued to lead the way to the strut of a large pillar. One of the marrive supports that held up the city or used to, in truth it might be strong enough to survive but why tempt it. Inside the door that was opened the jedi master just stood there for a moment.

Then she peered inside and motioned Ventasia in while the sounds of low music played, some food was cooking and Matsu stopped before a man who rose hugging her with one arm.... his only arm. Her smile back back getting wider while he sat down looking at Ventasia with something... A small glimmer but it was more curiosity, the woman who came in next from around the corner had skin a decent light gold. With the same height and build as Matsu but her eyes were blue in comparison they stared at each other for a moment and then embraced while her voice came out just as soft as matsu's.

"You should have brought your children Matsu, I miss seeing my nieces so much and you barely visit big sister." The woman turned her eyes to look at Ventasia and offered a smile. "I am Saia Ike and welcome to our home. Now sit and tell me what you need, surely your not here to show me a new girlfriend." Matsu sat down and offered a smile. "Well I am not the one who chose to live down here, you make more then enough credits to afford a penthouse but you slum it. Sending all the money back to Emberlene and our family. As for why we are here, there are only two people who can help this woman so be nice. She isn't one for playing games."

Rebellious Vanguard
Obviously, the woman had misunderstood her. It wasn't ancient history she was interested in. It was the dark secrets that garnered her attention. She could care less about Imperial prisons or what not. It was all about the potential for power. This was no different from when she was a padawan with the Jedi. Her first encounter with a Sith, and the way neither could shake the other. It was more she was interested in. Not that she craved such a thing, but more so that she like the thought of being able to hold the entire galaxy by its throat, if she so chose to. In their eyes, Ventasia would be considered a 'fallen jedi' at best, and a sith warrior at worst. Though she was probably more like an inquisitor, but that was neither here nor there.

The two continued their trek through the lower city, rubble and ruins seemingly to surround them at every turn of the head. Ventasia couldn't help but cross her arms and simply watch as Matsu peered into an open door. Such a careless woman. It was a wonder she hadn't had her head blown off by now. There was little more she could do but shrug her shoulders and follow the woman inside the little hobble. As she moved through the door, she caught a glimpse of a one-armed man embracing Matsu, before she took her seat. The scene only became more curious as another woman entered. The same build as the Jedi, but the eyes and skinned differed. What had she just walked into? Her eyes simply flashed to each of the three as they conversed, even questioning whether Ventasia was 'with' the Jedi.

"I tried to be polite, but.....just what the hell is this, Jedi?" She pointed to the two who apparent;y owned the small, sorry excuse for a home. "I let you lead me all through the lower cities, and this is where you bring me. What help could these two possibly be? What was the point in wasting my time, Jedi?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu turned back to looked at Ventasia as the woman spoke and gave a sigh. "As I said, you wanted to make contacts, make people who might be able to help you. These two can. Tell me Ventasia what do you know of Emberlene?" Matsu remained very still giving it a few moments then spoke. "It is a strange place I will admit and when I learned of my sisters. Well there was quite a few shocks. never the less you wanted to make friends or at least ones who wouldn't try and kill you. That is where my sister comes in, see a shadowguard is known by their honor, their reputation in circles. They are also known to keep their promises which in this case would be to help you if you need it or to not take jobs that would involve you in either way." Matsu remained very still and let the idea sink in or at least she hoped the idea of having friends who were a well known mercenary group, who were trained assassins either at her back, or just never taking a job for with her name involved could be many things."

Rebellious Vanguard
Well, she spoke the truth. Ventasia had asked for assistance, though she hardly expected this. A heavy sigh escaped her lips a she shook her head. She could easily turn and leave, and that would be the most reasonable course of action at this time. But she'd come this far. What had she to lose? If nothing else was gained, at least she had learned a bit of the under city to allow her to make a quick escape, if she needed to. At this point, she may as well figure out if these two were truly worth anything. Her expressionless gaze remained on Matsu as her voice emitted with a low tone. "If you've wasted my time, someone will pay, Jedi."

Her gaze turned towards the two, lingering a bit longer on the woman. "So. What can you do that's so impressive that a Jedi dragged me all the way down here?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Saia looked at Ventasia and spoke offering a small smile. "I do not know what would be impressive to you. Should it be that I have spent all of my life training either as a jedi or a shadowguard. That from a young age we are taught, conditioned to be mercenaries with a sense of kinship. That is what matters in the end after all family and friends. We are not the mandalorians who can destroy worlds we are the shadows. We move in secret and infiltrate worlds or ex-filtrate them in some cases. Coming and going from jobs is very important as well. We do not waste time with massive walkers when a well placed bomb can end a battle far more quickly and we hold no loyality to government beyond our own." Saia looked over at Matsu and shrugged.

"She is not so easy but Ventasia this is not a waste of your time. Getting onto and off worlds where you may have caused problems could be more useful yes? You might even say I lost track of you down here and one of the ships that gets used disappeared. As I doubt it will really matter to many what happened to you. The jedi have no need when all you did was crash a ship kind of. No grand schemes of terror attacks or malcontent towards the galaxy. Aside from what demeanor I have seen."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom