Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Finesse - Mandalorian Bes'briik Training (Mandalorians, Mandalorian Protectors)

[member="Azrael"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arla Balor"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Arumi Zy"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] [member="Shaw McKeller"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

This thread is for members of the Mandalorian and Mandalorian Protectors factions only and is designed to train members of those factions to use the bes'briik weapon. Anyone from the two factions may join.

Betna stood in the open ground near his clan's homestead. It was initially a ball pitch used by the younger members of his clan to play sports on, but today he'd borrowed it to train a few interested souls in a new weapon he'd adapted to modern combat: the Bes'briik.

He stood there in pants and white undershirt as he waited for the others to show. It was still cold out, but he didn't mind. The cold wouldn't bother them soon enough as they started the training. His bes'briik was wrapped around his waist like an improvised belt, both to keep his hands free and to show how easy it was to carry and conceal the beskar weapon.

On Teta, he'd heard and seen Mandalorian warriors outnumbered by the Sith thrown against them. While his brethren had held fast, too many had fallen to the dishonorable swarming tactic. Betna had used that simple fact to inspire the bes'briik and, with the simple fighting style he knew, had adapted it to the metal weapon.

For now, though, Betna stopped musing and grinned. The first of the interested Mandos were arriving to learn. He'd give it a few minutes before he got started and then they'd get to work. He turned and glanced at his wife beside him with a smile.

"Well, let's hope this goes well, love."

Anija grinned in return. She was dressed simply today, having decided to forgo her beskar'gam for now. There was no need for it her. She wore a worn coverall and boots, and her hair had been drawn back in a ponytail away from her face. She'd didn't see much need to be overly burdened by gear during training. Her one concession to the current situation were her twin rippers. They hardly ever left her belt.

There were some mandos who might give her a hard time about not wearing her armor, but she didn't care. The majority of her brothers and sisters seemed to share her mindset on the subject of late. That however did not mean they were not vigilant. They were especially so, given the events of the last couple weeks. It still made her chest ache to think of the events of Coruscant and Teta.

"I hopr it does, cyar'ika..." she replied softly. "I could use some good after the last couple weeks." With a soft sigh, she pulled her bes'briik from around her arm and began slowly working with it.

Atin walked upon the newlyweds with a small upturn to the corners of his lips. He too had opted out of his beskar'gam for civies. To him anything but the mandalorian armor was civies, but this day had no need for his armor. For he was among friends. Boots, dark pants, a cream colored t-shirt, and a loose fitting jacket was what he wore today. At his waist was his belt with his KD-30 dissuader on his right and his beskad riding on his left hip.

Silently he nodded a greeting as he removed his jacket, dropping it lightly on the ground, then unbuckled his belt and laid the weapons onto his jacket, near but removed from his person. He felt a bit naked without his constant weapons and plate, but if you couldn't relax on Mandalore where could you relax?

Seeing a table off to the side with several of the bes'briik lying there he neared them and looked them over. Glancing up he looked between the other two. "Interesting design. Will any do?" Casting a glance over his shoulder he knew soon his own riduur would be there. She was never for from his thoughts and always in his heart.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Anastasia relied more on her combat skills than her force ability. She knew a few choice spells but she found building herself up physically helped her emotionally much more than the others. No longer would she be that weak pitiful little girl she was found as. She was a stronger now and this showed her that hard work paid off. She was always up for learning how to use a new weapon so when the offer up she jumped on it.

The weapon itself reminded her of a whip and she was sure that it could be used as one. In preparation for said class she practiced a few times and found it pretty easy to swing around. Even at that, she still wanted to learn its intended purpose from the creator.

[SIZE=11pt]As such she had arrived with the others ready to learn with the others. The young woman was still getting the hang of wearing her beskar’gam so she decided for today not to wear it. Instead she was dressed simple in shorts and a pink tank-top with her long blonde hair pulled back into a pony tail. [/SIZE]The bes’briik she had wrapped around her arm for the moment though soon she expected to be using it.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Atin Kandossii"]

The bearded blonde walked around the building with a swagger. His grey jumpsuit was unzipped to his waist with the arms tied around his middle. A white tank top with plenty of soot stained the fabric. Around he wore a shoulder holster with the 48. caliber enforcer pistol under his left arm, a three bladed kal in it's sheath under his right. A pair of dark shades perched on his nose as he smirked at those gathered.

"Heard there's a new weapon wanting to be played with. And I'm the playful type. The name's Kal." His smirk took in the obvious couple whom he winked at and he merely raised an eyebrow at Atin. Then he looked over his shades to wink at the blonde with a wolfish grin.

[member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anastasia Rade"]

Charlyn Nairne

Little Miss Sunshine
Chloe was always the more technical one with the brains. She could hack into a system’s mainframe so quickly it would make a person’s head spin. The woman had always been good with the behind the scenes work while letting others do the dirty work. Her ridduur was always the fighter, not her but lately he had been training her to be better at that fighting thing.

She had thought of allowing him to go to the weapon lesson by herself while she worked on a side project but then thought better of it. If Chloe wanted to continue her work she needed to learn how to better protect not only herself but her family. There was also the simple fact that Atin was there and in her mind they didn’t spend nearly enough time together.

“It kind of looks like a whip,” she grinned taking her place next to Atin. Chloe was never far behind him. “I think they are all the same.” It was definitely not what she had been expecting when from a weapons training class. This was going to be quite interesting and now she really was quite excited that she had decided to attend.

Leaning over she kissed him lightly on the cheek while taking one of the weapons off of the table.

[member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Kal Kandossii"]

From the first steps on Mandalorian soil, Azrael had determined to learn as much as he could not only about the culture itself, but the various skills and abilities they could afford him. Thousands of years of innumerable Mandalorians in the past having shared their knowledge through the first and foremost tenant of the Resoln'are; education. Every brother was his instructor, every sister - his teacher. He'd learn from anyone and everyone willing to offer up a new skillset, a new piece of knowledge in the history and long held traditions of the Mando'ade. His willingness to push himself, and to train longer and harder than the class of recruits he'd stepped into had set him apart to find some of the best teachers and practitioners to call attention to his fortitude. Over his career with the vode, he'd already been trained by several notable warriors in both armed combat, ranged weaponry, grappling, piloting, and tactical teamwork. He'd even recently started to venture out through the galaxy to find experts in various other subjects -- among them a shock boxer champion who had literally beat him into shape to form a deadly combatant. Now, from the aftermath of Teta, he was being offered another unique opportunity; one he wouldn't pass up.

Footsteps crunched up the dirt path leading to the ball pitch of Allit Alor where there were already vode assembled and waiting to be instructed. Instead of foregoing armor, Azrael had adopted an old homage from his days as a recruit. It was simple, yet durable training gear that while was nowhere near as impressive as his beskar'gam, still gave him a measure of the weight he held while wearing his custom armor. If he was going to move as elegantly as he needed with the whip-chain like weapon, he wanted to do so while keeping the heft of his armor in-tact. Something of a nod to the direction of Kaiden as he insisted his own armor would be worn through his training to make sure his speed and strength would not be hindered by the addition of armor. It was more work certainly, and he'd tire quicker, but the benefits outweighed the inconvenience.

The multi-faceted weapon was already gripped in his bionic digits, while he trudged up the trail. There was no visible smile resting on the half-blood's face. Teta had taken the smile from his face for now, as he was dealing with issues that went beyond just saying goodbye. There was a certain air of responsibility that had rested on his shoulders that he didn't believe himself ready for. The whole of Mandal Motors was now looking to the Field Marshal to take the reigns fully. To say it was daunting would have been an understatement. Perhaps the only other vod that might have a sense of this weight would be his sister that recently married Betna.

Scant dust clouds rose as Azrael shifted into position among the gathered in attendance, gray eyes shifted to the weapon in his metallic hand, as it clinked lightly, rolling back and forth. He'd not handled a weapon like this before, and was curious as to how varied of a weapon it could be. In the right hands, a master of any art could make a weapon dance and sing, and he intended to solidify the art into his arsenal to add further to his ability to battle in glorious combat. Not a word was spoken as he lifted his eyes and took a glance around the training circle. Anastasia caught his eye, offering her a nod and a small nearly forced smile. Glad that the woman was investing in her own training as well. This time it wouldn't be him teaching her, she'd learn as he did. A pleasure to see her growing so quickly.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Atin Kandossii"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Kal Kandossii"] | [member="Chloe Kandossii"]

Despite the fact that Vilaz was a skilled combatant he still learned different tactics from different people that were within the code and those training sessions served well for the Rally Master. Every day he trained with other Mandalorians whom trained him and, in return for their time, the Redneck would teach them something from him.

Today, he and other warriors were selected to train with a new type of weapon that seemed highly unorthodox if it was compared to modern day weapons and technology. But what could Vilaz say since he owned a crossbow, a weapon that didn't seem unorthodox, yet it was nothing to be compared against blasters, slugthrowers, lightsabers, etc. But he learned that every weapon held its perks that, if mastered, could overwhelm your opponent in a battle.

Standing alongside with the group the Rally Master was wearing training gear that would temporarily replace his beskar'gam whenever he was training during the day. In his right hand was the weapon that he and the others would be practicing with, an iron chain. This would come in handy, for whenever he would whip a Sith that would be met on the battlefield or in a prison. He stood still, not saying a word and would wait for the instructors to commence the session.

[member="Azrael"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

It looked like she was the last to show, she had considered not coming at all considering all things. But. She had mentioned interest in this and would not break her word to be here. She took her place in the group and looked toward [member="Arrbi Betna"] and [member="Anija Ordo"]. Word of the union had spread quickly and she was happy for them. The last few weeks had needed something to lift spirits and confirm that life would go on.

She looked at the others she only knew two [member="Azrael"] and [member="Anastasia Rade"]. She kept quiet nodding her greeting to everyone after Teta she knew she needed skills to fight, this would help. This would take her mind off all the things that were slowly creeping over her. She looked down at the ground remembering and them swallowed pushed it away, and prepared to learn.

She lifted her head and waited.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Atin Kandossii"]

[member="Arla Balor"] wasn't the last to show, one arrival, younger than most had just made it. Clad in training gear the young man entered the group in silence, there was no need for him to speak, only to learn. That was his job as an initiate after all. That and fighting, but primarily learning still was his primary goal, so he worked towards it. The chance at being trained to use a new weapon was not one he would pass up, though he knew little of the weapon itself, he knew any weapon was a weapon that could be put to use against dar'jetti. And that was all he needed to know.

So, the younger of the Mantises took his place and waited, brushing a strand of dark hair out of his eyes and quietly awaiting instruction. He knew none of them, he'd heard of [member="Azrael"], and most of the others at one point or another, but personally Silas knew none of them, which was rather unfortunate but could be fixed at a later time.

Chloe Kandossii Kal Kandossii Anastasia Rade Atin Kandossii Anija Ordo Arrbi Betna [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Shiro's Armor was Still being made and Besides that he Needed to get out and Learn more. Appearing before everyone in his Ceremonial Dragon Suit. Shiros Long Black Hair flowed with him and his Scarred face only looked worse with is Age of almost 50. He looked Old but the scars did not end at his face, they were all over and the Mans stance was Strong, He was a Hardened Warrior. Looking around Shiro greeted no one and was only there to to get things done. So far Shiro did not feel as if he belonged here.

Waiting Shiro crossed his arms against his chest and leaned back slightly placing his weight on a back leg as he waited.

[member="Silas Mantis"] | [member="Arla Balor"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Azrael"] | [member="Chloe Kandossii"] | [member="Kal Kandossii"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Atin Kandossii"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"]

He smiled down at his riduur, an open smile, one of his rare unguarded ones. Then his eyes narrowed and once more he was the stoic hunter. Picking up the weapon he let the links slowly slide through his fingers as he felt the cool metal and the weight distribute in his hands. "WhIp? Yes, I see it." He smiled down at her again.

Dropping his hand he let the weapon coil to the ground and he spun it in a circular motion feeling the fluidity of the clinking metal. Whipping it up he let the chain wrap around his forearm, a small, faint whistle as the end slapped lightly on his forearm. Looking at the spike he began to get an idea of the versatility of the simple yet solidly forged weapon.

"You and me, both," Betna told his wife with a small smile.

Seeing that the group had more or less assembled, he figured it was time to start. He glanced at [member="Atin Kandossii"] when the other man asked his question. Betna pulled his bes'briik from his waist and held it out at his shoulder, letting the chain length drape to the ground.

"Your bes'briik should be the length of your shoulder to the ground," he answered, loud enough that everyone could hear. It was time to begin the lesson. "Any longer and you risk injury, any shorter and you risk a loss in effectiveness."

Here and there he spotted some had already brought their weapons. The chains were coiled around arms, hips, hung off of belts, held in hands, and more. He spotted Atin playing with the whip and how it coiled around his arm. Betna grinned slightly. Everyone had to do that at least once when they first got their bes'briik. Even he'd done it once... more than once... okay, he played with the weapon quite a bit, but not in front of people... at least outside of Anija.... and his family... anyways.

"Alright, first thing's first," he said to the others. He began spinning the whip in a vertical circle by his right shoulder, the chains clinking lightly and whistling through the air as it spun. "Start with the basics, just a simple spin. You wanna keep it pretty stead and solid and swinging near your body."

With that, he slowly shifted his right arm and let the whip pivot on his bicep which acted like a fulcrum. As he did so, he stepped and turned to the other side. In a metal blur, the whip was now on his left side, in his right hand, still spinning alongside his body. "The bes'briik is all about fulcrum points, momentum, and natural shifting between the two. What I just showed you is a simple way to swap the chain from one side to the other while keeping momentum and speed up. I'll show you once more and then we'll have you try."

Again, Betna used his bicep as a fulcrum and twisted back to the other side. The whip blurred and whistled, but after a moment, it was smoothly back on the right side of his body in his hand and swinging as normal.

"Alright, give it a shot, vode."

[member="Shiro De'Vol"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Arla Balor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Azrael"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Anastasia Rade"]

Riggs

R
I don't know about the rest of these mando'ad but I for one never say no to a new weapon. Especially one that can be passed off as a belt. So following the directions I got from a pal I worked a job with I decided to drop in and check out the new toy. Walking along I bounce the coins in my pockets and realize soon I need to pick up some more work. Can't live in the past forever. I laugh at my own joke as I round a building and see a group not so far off watching a man demonstrate the weapon.

Falling in from behind I slip my shield from my back, with one of my swords sheathed on the inside of the curvature and prop it against a small bush. My second sword stays on my back. I drop my pack next to the shield which stirred up a small plume of dust which makes my eyes water for a moment. Then I walk over to a table and retrieve a weapon as I watch [member="Arrbi Betna"] demonstrate a second time. Looking around I see many stad near one another with small smiles of greeting and a heaviness in their eyes. These I mark as comrades of one who fell in the recent battle that had seen the mand'alor fall.

Looking over the weapon before I even attempt it I notice the weight and length as well as the spike at one end. Taking the handle I review what I had just seen and heard and tried to mimic it. To my surprise I didn't hit myself and managed a passable semblance to what the instructor did.

Collecting his own weapon he watched then copied. Our tried. He swung it around his bicep and to his left side but when it came swinging back it connected with the left side of his head. "Sithspit, Frak, Fierfiek!" He snarled as he rubbed his temple where there was already a welt growing. He had dropped the weapon and picked it up and glanced at the redhead, [member="Arla Balor"] , and winked. Then he tried it again. As it swung around he dodged his head as he almost cracked it in the same place again.

Grunting from annoyance he tried a third time and successfully swung it back to his right side without almost cracking himself in the face again. With a shout of accomplishment and a welted temple he turned back to [member="Arrbi Betna"]. "What next?" Then he looked around to watch the others in their attempts.

Silas nodded and began spinning his own whip, gaining steady momentum and getting it in a cycle before moving across to his right bicep from his left. It whipped around the fulcrum and Silas felt as surge of pride until his hand completely missed the grab and the weapon wrapped around his arm before falling onto the floor. Taking a few moments to untangle the mess he sighed deeply, maintaining a calm composure and gathering up the weapon and once again beginning to spin it. This time, when he snapped it over the fulcrum of his bicep, he kept his focus and made the grab, and continued spinning the weapon.

He wondered if anyone had seen it, had even paid attention. He was still a teenage boy, he still wanted approval, it was natural. Keeping his head low he swapped the weapon back across, trying to perfect the act as he awaited the next instruction.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] Shiro De'Vol Arla Balor Vilaz Munin Azrael Chloe Kandossii Kal Kandossii Anastasia Rade

Arla stepped away from the group she did not want to accidently hit anyone, from her hip she took the long chain dropping it to see if the length was what Arrbi suggested hers was a slight big longer. She set about removing a couple of the links to make it the proper length. Now she was not a practiced hand at playing with new weapons this however made her think of spinning a jump rope to hold the end closest to her and then rotate her wrist.

She wrapped part of it around her forearm, and then slowly let the chain slide between her thumb and forefinger rotating her wrist slowly to build momentum letting it out a little but keeping it closer to her. Interesting. It was making a noise sounded like high winds during a sand storm.

[member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Brick"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Shiro De'Vol"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Azrael"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"]

After observing Arribi showing the group of the first basic maneuver of the bes'briik. Seemed pretty simple and nothing too complex for the Rally Master. Doing as what his vod demonstrated Vilaz held the iron whip close to his body, with a firm strong hand grabbing the whip and used his biceps as a fulcrum. He then stepped and, like Arribi, he did a turn to his left and the bes'briik swung to his left, produced a whistle as it sung in the air, and the metal chain was at his left due to the momentum and speed it had.

After executing the first, simple, basic step that was shown to him and the others he awaited for more instructions from the instructor, but he continued doing what he was doing with the iron chain.

[member="Arla Balor"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] @Brick @Arrbi Betna [member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Shiro De'Vol"] @Azrael @Chloe Kandossii[member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

[member="Arla Balor"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Brick"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Atin Kandossii"] [member="Shiro De'Vol"] [member="Azrael"] [member="Chloe Kandossii"] [member="Anastasia Rade"]

Anija had been watching the demonstration closely. Sure, she was skilled with a beskad, but this was something a little different. She had spent a few days working with the Bes'briik after Arrbi had had them forged. Between the two of them, they had been able to refine his initial design somewhat. And now, they got to see it in action. She had to admit: initially she'd been pretty skeptical. But after seeing the bes'briik in action, and working with it herself had proved both educational for her - and entertaining for Arrbi as she had repeatedly wrapped the thing around her ankles. Now though, she used it a bit more fluidly. Having watched the others for a few minutes. she went through the same moves before grinning a bit and managing to snare Arrbi's ankle. Giving a yank, she hoped to knock him off-balance. They all needed a laugh, at any rate.

Anastasia was here to learn as much as she could about the weapon in question. It was obvious from the outcome of the battle that she needed additional training in all facets of her life. She was still weak but not as weak as she had been just a few short months ago. Dare she even say that she was kind of proud of herself and everything that she had managed to accomplish thus far. There was so much much to catch up on however she did her best to not be too hard on herself.

The young woman listened intently as [member="Arrbi Betna"] began explaining how the weapon was to be used. Grabbing it off her arm she took a small step forward as she looked to shorten the length a bit so it was no longer laying on the ground. The last thing she wanted to do was either whip herself with it or someone else. She had been whipped enough times in her life thank you very much.

She watched as he swung it around in the air with ease it seemed like. She knew how hurtful whips were and something told her that this thing was even worse. Once given the go ahead she decided to give it a whirl up in the air making sure the coast was clear of course. Anastasia hated to admit it but swinging this thing around was rather fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom