Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
the Faction admins have no say in the invasion. If a major factions calls for an invasion then the defender has to take part. there is no denying them.

with 3 separate sith factions going major and surrounding us I would buckle in. cause its possible for all of them to call up invasions on us at one time and all write in all three. So fun times ahead.

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"] I think it goes back to the decision to move the capital to Yutan. The OS would have been crazy not to attempt a cloud break after that and Roche. I rightly predicted they would do just that. I wish we could have started fighting the OS on our own terms, but I'm happy to see us doing something besides PVE even if forced upon us.

The only thing that bothers me is the sort of shady stuff I'm seeing going on with Togoria. I looked at the scoreboard today, and now I understand why Einarr and some other OS members were trying to claim victory by time limit. I hate that. When it comes to OOC, I always try to be sporting. Is this something I should go on to expect from the OS?

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Its why I avoided invasions before my LOA unless I was needed, and even then things didn't go well. Ali Hadrix could vouche for when the OS brought 2500 extra soldiers to a fight where each person could only bring 300. THey claimed that the Vong bugs that could eat through starships counted as missiles. . . .it wasn't fun.

(My Loa was personal though and had nothing to do with invasion experiences)

Also because of said LOA I have no idea what was going on behind togoria, I came back when it happened and threw myself at the smaller and easier to get involved in Denon Rebellion.

[member="Dallen Thayne"] People are starting to pile on to me in the OOC thread. Now I have some random person criticizing my minor use of ESP and telekinesis (done while stationary) when my acolyte opponent just flung several metric tons worth of Force hardened rubble at high velocity in his last post.

This is already starting to turn ugly within a day. I can see why some people avoid these invasion events now.

Why are the OS writers, almost to the man, difficult like that. I don't get it, their idea of 'fun' is simply winning, no matter how well they write. They are quick to gang up on you OOC if you say anything even slightly negative about one of them, justified or no.

OOC, it's what turned me off wanting to write a Sith here, the people that write them. I don't care if any of them see this post, honestly. I find it sad how they're claiming a technicality as a means of victory. Petty, grasping at straws.

For those of you unaware, it was the OS who mainly caused the revisions to the invasions you now see. They'd dogpile a thread, literally overnight, because everyone and their mother joined them. They'd 'win' simply by having more writers. It didn't help that every third Jedi writer 'fell' to the Dark Side.

I also find it funny how they're criticizing Arisa's use of totally canon force powers. Meanwhile, the Sith writers past were the ones casting Force Storms and using essence transfer and other super-powerful abilities like it's tying their shoes.

I've said it before: there are a number of people around here who seem to want nothing more than to wipe out the Republic as a faction. I think that even extends into GA/SSC writers too, who largely sit aside when IC it makes no sense. IC the OS have ruled the centre of the galaxy for over a decade and...everybody just sits there. It's not even like other factions don't have military wings. They're just sitting, waiting for the Republic to be demolished before they actually do anything.

It irritates me so much because it's petty. I'm told past Republic GMs have told the splinter groups that they weren't Jedi and they remain butthurt about it. Seriously get over it. Instead, they make excuses and abandon the Republic and it's NPC peoples in the trillions to the whims of the Sith. Totally something a Jedi would do. Not a single bit of sense was made that day other than OOC motivation.

I'm sorry to say this, but, with the way things are going...we don't stand a chance and by the end of the year, we're going to be cloud-broken and basically nothing. There will be much rejoicing among many but others will be embittered and simply leave. It just kills my motivation to participate with a faction full of writers who will win by any means. I really just almost feel like saying 'kark it' and just giving up and letting the OS have their 'victory'. Good job, you beat up on the group that's basically the crippled, dying horse that everybody else feels bad for but does nothing to help.

[member="Dune Rhur"] I wouldn't have even minded if I was legitimately beaten IC, but that wasn't the case at all. I just feel robbed right now, when the fight was in my favor the entire time. He literally just sat huddled in a building helpless for most of the exchange, it wasn't even a contest. I've seen lots of people complain about the OS's use of OOC methods to turn things in their favor. Well now I had a taste. Power gaming ftw.

I don't even know what's going on with the other light-sided factions. My experience with the GA has been largely toxic. I know some people there who desire the demise of the GR. SSC seems like the care bear PVE faction, which is okay if that's their thing. I wish we had been more supportive of the various minor resistance factions floating around instead of letting them die off. I'm trying to get something going with one, they seem promising.

Now I'm going to finish belting out some Dominion posts to help prevent a cloud break. I can at least do something there.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Fortunately I had a duelling partner that I am buddies with. So I was looking forward to lots of fun. But...life got in the way for him. We were in constant contact, but after only 4 posts from him for the entire length of the invasion, we had to call it. So it was a win for me, but not one that left me feeling satisfied. I'm not a huge fan of people forcing threads onto others. It should be agreed upon by the writers as something to get excited about. It shouldn't be something to dread getting notifications for and leave one losing sleep over it. This is a place to escape stress, not to cause more. Everyone should be here for the fun of it. And they really should invent an ignore button...lol

[member="Draco Vereen"]

It seems that the OS writers often use a similar line of defense for their IC actions as a whole. Basically, they're gracious as long as they win. It doesn't matter if they get shot or stabbed, they've won. Their character is injured but rarely does anything happen beyond that thread.
_--------------------------------------------------------_
Other factions, I think, are just waiting to scoop up the inheritance when pop-pop kicks the pail.

I was SSC briefly but their IC inactivity didn't make sense and neither did palling around with Dark Jedi. But, that's their call and not mine.

The GA is allegedly the militant anti-Dark Side group. When was the last time they seriously went after one of the now three Sith factions? They're mostly acquiring hexes, it seems like, not fighting the actual 'bad guys'. The 'pubs seem to be the only faction actually fighting.

Coalition military----->push back baddies------->decide political stuff after. It's glaringly obvious but the odds seem stacked against it ever happening.

Dune Rhur said:
The GA is allegedly the militant anti-Dark Side group. When was the last time they seriously went after one of the now three Sith factions? They're mostly acquiring hexes, it seems like, not fighting the actual 'bad guys'. The 'pubs seem to be the only faction actually fighting.
The Galactic Alliance had an invasion with the One Sith and lost.

Lady Kay said:
And they really should invent an ignore button
There is an ignore feature. Go to your profile account page, click "Edit Profile", go to the " 'Ignore' Preferences" page, type in the member's account name into the text input box below "Add a new user to my list", check off "[_]Posts, [_]Signatures, [_]Messages", Press save changes.

Et voila, you have now ignored a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom