Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Rule Addition: Stampeding

Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise cannot be reached please consult a Role-play Judge.

At any point, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied planet. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the planet against another Major Faction's members.

1. Stampeding* is not allowed.
*Stampeding is when a Major Faction colludes to post all of its members repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.

The winning faction must meet all minimum requirements in order to declare victory.

1. The thread must have a minimum total of 100 posts between both factions.

2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.

Once an Invasion nears it's completion, the Major Faction Leaders involved in the Invasion must convene with each other and decide on the victor. If a decision cannot be made, a Roleplay Judge must be privately contacted and he/she will make the final decision.

A Major Faction may only begin one invasion at a time and may not start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.

Changes Are In Green

1. Who decides what's a proper response? What is a proper response?

Well, it's the same with all things. We decide the appropriate response on a case by case basis.

Some we'll pass over, some we'll act on. You guys know I don't like operating in black and white, despite everyone's persistence for concrete answers. We can't provide those, because this isn't a concrete environment.

When a rule is proposed that is left open to interpretation, it should always be assumed Staff is doing the interpretating in any given situation.

2. How does the rule work?

So it works like this, as other rules work like this.
> player thinks stampeding is occurring

>player reports

>staff, admin or RPJ, passes judgement that stampeding is occurring. Only then is it actually stampeding. Then the rule kicks in

>stampeding is not allowed

It is unfortunate that this rule needs to be posted. I would hope that most Major Faction moderators and leaders, hell even the senior members, would take care of this kind of thing in house, rather than requiring an official rule on it.

Verz Horak said:
It is unfortunate that this rule needs to be posted. I would hope that most Major Faction moderators and leaders, hell even the senior members, would take care of this kind of thing in house, rather than requiring an official rule on it.
I thought this was one of those unspoken rules that everyone had to follow anyways.

Tefka said:
You lacka the Founder tag, so I'm guessing you weren't here in the first 90 days of the forum's conception... and I think we hit over 5 people in that timeframe.
I'll have to check on that timeline for when my account was made. hmmmm.

Just as Verz said, it's sad that we need a rule like this, and no one should even consider 'stampeding' in the first place, it's the morally right thing to do, allowing your opponents to reply and stuff anyways, it shouldn't have to be said, but considering the fact that you are saying it means that it must be said, or maybe I just have a different mindset than these 'stampeders' :p.

Adenn Gra'tua said:
Just as Verz said, it's sad that we need a rule like this, and no one should even consider 'stampeding' in the first place, it's the morally right thing to do, allowing your opponents to reply and stuff anyways, it shouldn't have to be said, but considering the fact that you are saying it means that it must be said, or maybe I just have a different mindset than these 'stampeders' :p.
It's because we Mandos have honor written in our blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom