Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Planing

The only poor attitude I see is here in this thread.

Yes, there have been issues. On both sides. Ashin and I have talked at great length about a lot of these. And I'll say this now; I won't condone anyone pointing fingers. I won't have it. People like to get all wrapped up with winning and they get so upset when things don't go their way. I've seen just as much crap on our side as theirs. So let's not try and stand here and pretend that we're righteous.

It doesn't matter about the outcome. It doesn't matter if we win or lose. It doesn't matter if the Fringe invades us tomorrow or six months from now. This is about telling stories with friends on a community that has ties across nations, ages, genders, and ideologies. This is about having fun. And it's not fun when people start trying make it about winning. It's not fun when people start picking apart the other side. 'Well they did this.' or 'They can't do that.' very quickly sours the whole experience.

So you try and shoot someone and they don't go down. Rather than complain or make comments hidden from public, roll with it. Change tactics and try something new. Don't stand there and huff that you didn't get your kill. Turn it into something more positive, for you and the community. Batman doesn't always win. The Jedi didn't always win. So the other side doesn't take any hits. Is that annoying? Sure. But rather than be negative about it, be better than that. Don't say "Well if you won't take a hit, neither will I.". Take a hit. Get bloody. Make it a fight for your life.

And after it's all said and done, if you don't wanna write with that other person anymore, that's okay. That's your choice. But better to put a positive spin on it than go hiding into some hidden forum and make negative comments and let the thing stew into some kind of ugly hate. I won't have it in this faction. I can't keep it off the board, but I can keep it out of the faction. We are all of us guilty of some poor choices and bad form in threads. But let's not focus on that. Focus on the positive.

Rebellious Vanguard
I doubt anyone was trying to have a poor attitude. Well, at least I wasn't. Anyway, Ayden has a good point. Both factions were slipping on activity. The invasion have us all something to do, and a way to beat on each other. If all we can take from this is that they're complaint about something we did, then it shows a general high level of arrogance people in this faction have. We can all relax and have fun without taking things so serious. You had a chance to RP a massive thread with a lot of great other writers. I see nothing to get anyones panties in a knot.

In sorry; can't we all just have a little fun? And it's rare that I say anything like that.

Well said, Ventasia and Ayden.

Miles Varden said:
Okay, I'm hearing the Fringe have been reporting a ton of our PC's because they can't handle our awesomeness? And now the Fringe are going to end it soon because they can't take the heat or what? @[member="Ayden Cater"]
So far as I'm aware -- and I'm in daily contact with every writer on the Fringe side of that invasion -- no Fringer has filed a report against an OP member. Whoever's telling you this isn't being accurate, or accurately informed. There've been threats of reports if certain behaviors continue, like deliberately ignoring attacks or going fight after fight without taking any hits, but that's all.

@[member="Ventasia Terana"] - one of the people who didn't reply to you ran into some complications IRL and lost track of more than a few threads. On his behalf, sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom