Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Alderaan and Popo's Fireside Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help is certainly appreciated. I've had a PM conversation with my foe who is adamant that because she posted X, I'm not allowed to use my skill that meant X wouldn't have happened.

Seems a bit harsh and not my style of RPing* - so Corvus is about to be eaten. Unless she's shot first of course.

*Perhaps I should post that I sneak through a heavily armoured heqadquarters and surprise a Sith Lord and fire a blaster into his back at point-blank range. Then hand over the RP to him...?

#feelingsarcastic
#justsayin'

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
[member="Corvus Raaf"] there are ways to avoid certain things but I did see that, a sonic attack it hard to block... actually scratch that it is near impossible for jedi to block and unlike sonic weapons the animals that do it don't have to calibrate for different species. Best advice when faced with something like this roll with it and use the attack to your advantage. You got hit with a blast, fly into the air and make distance between yourself and the target then go for a counter. I fought Hauntruss and she used suppress thought then had her worm eat me.... I rolled with it and pulled her into the beasts stomach and we fought through her giant worm after being eaten. I didn't like the suppress thought in a split second sentence of a post but turn a disadvantage (of which coming to this world there are plenty) and make something cool of it.

I don't think a Force Barrier would stop a sonic attack, either, which is kind of the use-all defensive block for unconventional attacks, isn't it?

This is another example of why we should all start wearing ear-plugs.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
[member="Veino Garn"] no it wouldn't, force barriers are great against energy blasters, not slug throwers, disruptors are similar enough to just higher concentrations gas for the energy, ion it would protect against but sonic not really. If you made a protective bubble which is actually different from a barrier (mostly because you can make it around the attacker) those can reflect sonic attacks back bu a strong enough bubble like that takes a master and even then.

[member="Saki"]

My point was, in my PMs with the other person, it should have been difficult for someone to get to point-blank range as I would have had a chance to sense them. Even with their Force cloaking (which I can sense in a certain way) Jedi are able to identify them as feral beasts. And six of them coming through the undergrowth when they're four metres long...

They don't have stealth mode, they are pack hunting creatures. Anyway, lesson learned.

[member="Persephone Callas"]

I did but they didn't want to budge from a fait accompli. Their view - they posted so I can't amend it.

On the plus side - the sonic blast threw me out of the way of the bullet aimed at my heart!

Saki said:
[member="Veino Garn"] no it wouldn't, force barriers are great against energy blasters, not slug throwers, disruptors are similar enough to just higher concentrations gas for the energy, ion it would protect against but sonic not really. If you made a protective bubble which is actually different from a barrier (mostly because you can make it around the attacker) those can reflect sonic attacks back bu a strong enough bubble like that takes a master and even then.

Yes a Force Barrier can block a Sonic attack.

A Force Barrier can do a wide variety of things.

Please do not misquote, misguide or misrepresent anything before fully reading and understanding. Additionally, this also depends on skillset, mastery level and other stuff that really in the end won't make a difference when it comes down to brass tacks.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Force barrier was a very basic [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]application[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]the Force[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]. Depending on the individual, it manifested itself differently, appearing as a shimmering, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]stasis field[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] of Force energy,[/SIZE][5][SIZE=10.5pt] or sometimes not "appearing" at all.[/SIZE][12][SIZE=10.5pt] In combat, these barriers were capable of absorbing a wide variety of physical and energy attacks. Force barriers were only used as defense and couldn't be used as a 'wall'. Depending on the strength of the individual, the barrier could only withstand a few attacks before collapsing.[/SIZE][5][SIZE=10.5pt] There have been some cases where a barrier has repelled high and low pitched sound. Obi-Wan Kenobi used this technique when a bounty hunter was firing at him with a sonic boom grenade launcher.[/SIZE]

Saki said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"] this is why you don't need no fancy techniques. Punching things works so much better or just throwing a speeder at the sith
If my Padawan chooses to throw a speeder, she may do so.

[member="Corvus Raaf"], It will not be discouraged. Defend yourself within your limits, push yourself and use the Force. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom