Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Alderaan and Popo's Fireside Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Alright, so, here's the skinny.

This is going to be a bit of a new thing for invasions. This is neither PvP based nor Objective based... but both at the same time, in a way. The best I can describe it is being story based.

We're not counting PvP wins and putting them on a scoreboard nor are there going to be preset objectives to achieve. It's quite simply, again as well as I can explain, 'may the best writers win'.

The invasion will be sorted into two separate threads. One will be for Knights and Padawans, the other for Masters. NFUs can select either thread, but be aware that if you are a low level NFU and choose to go into the Masters thread, you are in for a hurting.

Now, for those who are curious to the bare bones rules, we'll be operating under the standard SWRP Chaos Invasion Rules and we will have allies as determined by the SWRP Chaos Requesting Aid Rules.

For the two threads, here's the locations and what ranks are going where:

Location 1: Training Temple. A rogue contingent of Jedi Padawans/Knights show up to take back the most ancient, largest Jedi Temple from some rebellious Sith Acolytes/Knights, realizing that there is some serious Jedi merchandise within the Temple that the Sith are so far unaware of. KNIGHTS, PADAWANS, AND NFUS

Location 2: The Ruins of Aldera. The full might of the Republic returns to claim what is rightfully there's, but realizes that Aldera has been infested by the technology of the Yuuzhan Vong and that the One Sith are attempting to Vongform the planet. Aldera is fortified and the main standing army of the One Sith remains there. MASTERS AND NFUS

NFUs are not restricted to where they can go, but please keep in mind you may bite off more than you can chew so please be careful.

This invasion will be starting tonight, so please keep an eye out. If you wish to organize yourselves, feel free to do so. I believe [member="Saki"] was doing that before some harsh words between members lead to the thread closure. Saki, if you'd like to get folks organized, feel free, but please do it on this thread. What I'll do is I'll take your list and add it to this post when you update it. Just gimme a shout if/when you do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I've got the invasion outline up, I wanted to have a chat with y'all real fast. Before I do that, lemme take off my FL hat. *tosses it in the corner*

It's been rough. We've been having issues. I made bad calls, the Republic has had bad luck, and I realize that some folks aren't having fun with the Republic. I get that, 'cause I'm at that point too. So, here's what I propose:

We're hitting Alderaan. I want us to hit with all we've got. I want us to win. I want us to beat back the One Sith and take back our worlds.

But I want you guys to have fun, too. I want that most of all. If we lose the entire Republic territories and get knocked down to a minor faction, but you guys have fun with it... I'm okay with that. I've been trying to lead this faction to victory and am just now realizing that's not the way to do it. Victory isn't holding worlds on a board and it's not defeating another faction. It's making sure your members have fun. So, why don't we do this, then.

Let's fight our fight, let's do our best, and let's have a Victory with this invasion. Whether we take Alderaan back or not :)

We're going to take it back. I don't want to see the Republic become a minor faction. Not ever. That's just wrong to me. I'll have fun either way, but I fully intend to do everything in my power to make sure the Republic succeeds. Not just in this thread, but in others. Hence the formation of Wraith Squadron and hence the fact that I'm trying to set up a contract with the Republic for EchaniTech and Eshan Drive Yards (also so I can get control of EDY from Silk). I plan to rebuild the Republic's Naval Forces with help from anyone else that wants to see it done (Rendili for example).

That said, I've outlined the first steps for the Wraiths as follows:

Post one: Fly in and see if any enemy fighters are in the air to engage.

Post two: Engage enemy flyers or move to the temple and strafe enemy positions.

Post three: Depending on the outcome of post two, either continue fighter engagement or land and seek ground engagements.

We will participate to the best of our abilities and see to it that we win back Alderaan. However, if we don't, the Wraiths won't stop here. We're going to keep hitting the One Sith in every way possible because that's what Wraith Squadron does. We have a tradition, and we're going to uphold it.

[member="Popo"] Well said!

One question, what role do NPC's have in this invasion? In the invasions I've participated in sometimes NPCs are ignored, sometimes they seem to be the ones doing all the fighting. I only ask, because I didn't see any mention of NPCs in the rules listed above.

Thanks and FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Kian Karr"]
If you want to bring NPCs, go for it. NPCs approved through the Factory? Awesome. Just keep in mind that your opponent may dismiss them in some ways as they are NPCs. If you have a problem with someone doing that, PM them and try and figure it out between the two of you. If that doesn't work, feel free to talk to me about it and I'll bring it up with the OS Admins. If that doesn't work, or the writer you're having an issue with is a OS Admin, feel free to report them.

That said, please don't abuse the NPCs against them as they'll do the same to you (ie. talk to you, talk to me, then report).

[member="Oka Osaa"]
Yeah, if you die in a thread you're dead-dead. That said, there are ways to come back, but few are reliable.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Uh what list? I had a list? No matter, we have the lay out. We know what is in the ruins of the city. Sithspawn that explode when attacked, sithspawn that create nexuses of force energy, I believe someone dropped a standard leviathan, the giant worm, the kaiju, legions of blackblades, those new crimson reapers, massassi, those masters.... Oh so exciting. I even get to use my new staff to beat down some things.

[member="Kian Karr"] NPC's have different functions. In objective based invasions they have more emphasis and purpose, in pvp they are generally ignored. This will be interesting cause story based means wading through them to get to the real challenge the masters on the other side. Looks like it is time to put those training threads to good use.

[member="Popo"] add this if they want to get NPC's u[ to submit them and I'll make them a priority to look at.

[member="Popo"], [member="Saki"]

Excellent. I was curious more about what we would be facing. I don't use NPCs except in rare occasions to push the store along. I was only asking because there were quite a few last time........giant worm.....giant monster thing.....army of feral sith warriors.... :p

I suppose I'll jump in as a last attempt to make a decent show of it in the Republic. I have no idea where to put Book--likely in the Padawan/Knight thread.

Either way, if anyone wishes to team up, for lack of better terms, I would be open to it.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Saki"]
Try not to prioritize one faction over another in CJ duties :p It can bring trouble from our evil Factory Overlords lol I didn't know if you wanted to make a list or not is all. 'Tis why I mentioned it. If you do, lemme know and I'll edit into the first post.

[member="Oka Osaa"]
You'd have to talk to some higher level FUs for that. All I can remember is Essence Transfer. It's hard to do with a Master level character, much less a Knight or Padawan.

[member="Oka Osaa"]
Don't die. If you die, you're dead. And whether you die or not is up to you. No one can kill you without your permission.

[member="Popo"], [member="Saki"], [member="Kian Karr"]
I think, since this is PvP, we should focus on not using NPC's.

Saki

[member="Popo"] *looks at NPC section of Codex* At this point any submissions get priority

[member="Niamh Raste"] it is story based pvp so wade through get to prize. Fringe and Protectorate did this and it wasn't tooooo bad.

Now I might have a list or two and gifs, music there needs to be some for these fights

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Niamh Raste"]
It's not PvP. That said, it's not not PvP. It's story based all 'round. We're not counting PvP wins, we're counting how the story goes. If we lose all the PvP, but still manage to get the upper hand in the story, we win. It's a neat little change of pace on invasions that I find quite intriguing. Makes me think back to my first invasion or two :D

Saki

How I am imagining Saki fighting some vong

tumblr_n2g73bhANP1qcxsuso3_r1_500.gif

If only my other two weapons were ready for the factory.

[member="Popo"], [member="Saki"]
Hmm. Think I misunderstood from their planning. In that case, onward NPC's! Though I want a freaking fight this time. Last time was bogus. Fortunately I don't have to deal with the Master's this time.

Well I'll try and join in this time if I'm on when it starts!

Will do what I said and come in with RHDF Ground Troops in a reasonable number and write smart tactics to provide support if possible. Or maybe turn that army background noise into a thing?

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom