Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Negotiation Removed

The following changes have been made to the invasion rules:

A Major Faction may only start one Invasion at a time and may not start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.

Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise is not reached within 7 days, please consult the SWRP Staff Team and a Role-play Judge will be assigned.

To:

A Major Faction may only start one Invasion at a time and may not serve notice to start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.

A Major Faction must give 7 days notice of their intention to invade a planet or hex.

New ad campaign for Invasions.

maxresdefault.jpg

[member="Ignus"] [member="Captain Larraq"]

This rule does not effect what will and will not be judged for the results of invasions. The focus will still be on the story, entertainment, behavior, and teamwork of the factions involved instead of the actions of NPCs, completion of objectives, and outcome of duels.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Victory is decided not by how many alts you use, how many NPCs you swarm, or how many ships you spam. Victory is decided by the fruits of your story, the collaboration of your peers, and how well one stifles their angst.

Suffice it to say, bring on the bull. It won't win anyone an invasion.

[member="Darth Metus"]
Yes, and fair story writing makes it enjoyable. If I join a thread with a 5km fleet and then someone else joins with a 20km fleet, in all honesty, I'm probably just going to back out, cuz that's not fun. But there's no rule against them joining with that. And if I choose to ignore them, it looks bad on my side. In other words, I'd be forced to endure something I don't want to endure, just because there was no negotiation beforehand and nobody made a rule on fleet size.

Just an example here, but a good set of invasion rules encourages good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom