Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Introductions on Crakull - Brotherhood of The Maw

ChVAW7n.png

Maestus sat in silence as she watched the ending of the fight between Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket and Jester. Even injured before the start, Jester was a strong and skilled fighter. Maestus could make use of that. There was still an area she wanted to test him in. But that could wait until she had time to begin his training.

Rise, Jester. You fought well against Tarok. Considering you are injured, you did exceptionally well. Walk with me.

She rose from her throne, and made her way back outside, through the doors she destroyed. Already, slaves were busy cleaning the mess and debris away. The rebuilding would be complete within a day or two. Or they would suffer under Maestus' lightwhip.

She walked towards a garden area. Full of lush plantlife. Not that it was well kept, mind you. It was overgrown, weeds everywhere. Apparently hiring a gardener was not on Maestus priority list. She turned in the midst of this and awaited Jester.

Consider this your first lesson. The wound in your leg. I want you to close your eyes, and feel it. Really feel it. Let the pain well within you. Let it overwhelm you. But never let it control you. Never let any emotion or thought control you. Let them fuel you, instead. But first, you must learn to command them.

Jester

J

ChVAW7n.png

Jester made a brief prayer into his blade and then followed Maestus into the courtyard. It had a beauty, the weeds knotting themselves and strangling the other plants, in this garden it was kill or be killed, no standing on ceremony, or relying on shallow beauty, he wondered if the gardener had intended it that way.

He had to laugh internally, his first lesson being to feel pain that he had spent years training himself to ignore "very well master" he shut his eyes and channelled the rage inside him away from his leg, it was like lifting a cloak off of the area. He roared as the supressed pain hit him, it was no human roar, but the roar of an animal as allowed the darkness to coarse through him. His hands tightened around his sword and his muscles tightened as if he was ready to strike, but he had no targets. He allowed the pain and anger to channel out of him through an arc of lightning that scorched the ground at his feet.

"Now that is a rush I have not allowed myself in a very long time" he smiled at Maestus "Please tell me master, does not the clarity brought about by using you anger to supress pain, make for a more focused warrior?" He allowed himself another smile as he felt the pride of being able to work along side a powerful master.

Maestus Maestus Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket

ChVAW7n.png

She walked, inwardly thoughtful, yet listening to her acolyte. She smirked, pleased with how his mind worked.

Anger, as with all emotions, are simply tools. Consider a blaster. A tool. You can either use that tool to destroy your enemies. Or you can mishandle, however unintenionally, and kill yourself. It is up to you how to use each tool.

She gave a passing glance to the scorched ground from Jester outurst of raw power. She waved a hand at it idly.

You will learn to control yourself and your power. Or I will kill you.

She spoke matter of factly. There was no malice in her voice, only fact. Jester should have no belief that she was bluffing. Unless, of course, he wished to call her bluff.

Your anger is close to the surface. This is good. What other emotions do you have such an intensity with?

Last edited:

Jester

J

ChVAW7n.png

"I will bear that in mind" he replied, looking down at the scorched ground, no good coming this far to be put down like an out of control dog.

Other emotions? He thought to himself for a few moments "Anger has served me so well, it is difficult to think of a time when it wasn't at the forefront," he paused, and touched a series of scars on the back of his arm "i have loved, and when I loved that was intense." He turned his arm and there were three runes carved, he pointed to the first two, "Nice girls, I loved them, but they weren't meant for a man like me." Pausing again he pointed to the third "my true love, she was one such as us and had a fire in her heart, if she hadn't gotten herself killed we would have been great together. I freed her from slavery, then we travelled together for a while, she would have been about twice your age had she lived"

He had moved on, and accepted their loss as part of the force, but there was a part of him that never let go of that attachment, Maestus would likely feel this sense of loss and loneliness as he spoke of the third. "You remind me a little of her, my Master"

He cleared his head again, "I suppose fear," it felt strange admitting it, but he held no shame in his emotions. "If you think fear makes me weak, then imagine animal that fears for its life and the damage that it can cause, it has said my life more than once."

He continued to walk, and talk, the pain in his leg was intense, and he could feel the tightness in his chest from what he assumed was at least one broken rib. He laughed, wondering when would be the best time to mention that he might need medical assistance.
Maestus Maestus Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket

ChVAW7n.png

She clasped her hands behind her back as she walked with Jester. She knew he needed medical attention. But she was not going to coddle him. She was testing his endurance. To see how far and how long he could push himself.

She nodded as he spoke of fear.

Fear is a powerful emotion. A good motivator. Your analogy of a cornered, afraid animal is most apt. Tell me though...What do you know of fear?

She spun on her heels and regarded him coldly. Her eyes were hard. Unforgiving and with no compassion. If he sought a kinship with her, her glare left it understood there would be none. But she did reach out a hand, and placed it at Jester temple.

Better yet...You will show me everything. Every failure. Every time you experienced pain, loss, or even mild embarrasment. I want all, and you will give it to me.

The touching was unnecessary, but he did not need to know that. Let him think her weak or incapable. That would only serve to hamper him.

She dug her fingernails into the side of his head. Not like she was trying to injure him, but more so like she was trying to get a better grip. So as to not let the connection be severed.

And then it would hit Jester. Maestus clawed and ripped her way into his mind. She pushed her way deep within his psyche. Then she let flow a fraction of her power, causing the Dark Side to surge within Jester. It was bitter and hot. So hot. Like lava was flowing through his entire body. She unleashed within his minds dreadful images. His seld, standing before Maestus. And she enraged. By what, was unimportant. What mattered is that she was lifting Jester high into the air with her closed fist, held before her. Jester was gaspiong for air. Turning shades of blue and purple. The fear in his eyes, as his life was being slowly snuffed out.

Then, just as quickly, the image in his head changed. Maestus had done enough searching through his mind, she had an image of his true love. The slave he freed, and took as his own. Maestus now stood before the woman, who was on her knees, begging for her life. Maestus, without a shred of mercy, lifted first one hand, and then both. Red sparks flew from her fingertips into the other woman. Short bursts, over and over and over. The woman's screams would echo in Jester's mind forever.

Give me everything, boy. You and all that you are belong to me. Now, tell me of fear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom