Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Into the underworld

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Link!
Necklace: Link
Tag: Xan Deesa Xan Deesa
It seemed her stay on Denon was going to be longer than expected.
Valery had never been a crime fighter at heart, and her duties rarely took her to these kinds of planets in the past. But after spending the majority of her pregnancy hiding away with friends on Denon, it seemed this planet kept calling her back for some reason. It began with a simple assignment — she was asked to look into a new corporation rumored to work with other organizations to facilitate human trafficking off-world. Together with Cartri, she discovered the truth, and dealing with all of it had been quite a headache.
So much so that she decided to remain on Denon a while longer. At least until she was able to get others involved who were more involved in the underworld scene on the planet. Because Valery was quickly going down a rabbit hole she wasn't all too certain about.
Without having arranged a place to stay yet, she first decided to return to The Blue Flame, hoping to get something to eat and drink before looking around for a place to crash. It had only been hours since she left it behind but she returned without the kid and stepped up to the bar to greet the bartender who likely still recognized her.
"I'll take some Corellian rum. Don't know what it was that I got earlier, but never again." she joked with a smirk. The woman then sat down and leaned forward onto her elbows while her orange eyes began to take in the room, and most importantly, the people within the room. She was the type who always wanted to be aware of everything — the people, entry and exit points, and anything else that could spark sudden reactions.
"Oh, and a question, if you don't mind," she said as she got her glass. "Do you know of any places nearby where I could spend the night?"
n0m34qi.png

Xan contemplated using a funky disguise or even going lights out to meet up with the frequent Jedi visitor, but in the end her trusty hoodie and mask won out. Finding her didn't prove to be that much of a challenge after finding out she was spending time with Cartri. All it took was some facial recognition to find her... and also find some buried details deep in the bowels of the Holonet.

The Shadowrunner waltzed through the streets and into the Blue Flame once again to meet a Jedi. She really needed to send them all a message to stay away from the Flame. With the amount of eyes constantly watching for Darkwire agents and known sympathizers, it was dangerous to meet people there. Sure, she could handle herself better than most... but the others didn't have the privilege of a consciousness detached from a body and enough chrome to make a battle droid blush.

It took a few moments but she quickly found the face she was looking for, sitting by the bar. She managed to catch the tail end of the conversation as she sat down next to Valery Noble Valery Noble by the bar. "On your ship back to Coruscant, preferably." She commented, waving the bartender over. "Cider, please." She ordered, her grotesque mask studying the Jedi for a moment. "I gotta say, choom, you look damn good for a lady in her thousands." She snickered as she turned to face her. "Now, before you think about pulling your lightsaber on me, I got a few questions. So drink up quick, I ain't saying any names in here. Dunno if the kid told you anything, but this place ain't safe for people like me and him." Her voice was light-hearted, but a dark and serious undertone dripped from every word as the blank eyes of her funky mask remained locked onto her orange gaze.

n0m34qi.png
"On your ship back to Coruscant, preferably."
Valery raised an eyebrow as she turned to face the source of the voice that just butted into her conversation with the bartender. Of all the things she could expect, a masked woman with some vibrant colors in her clothing wasn't exactly one of them. She looked Xan up and down and in the back of her mind, she was already preparing to draw her lightsabers from within her jacket.
But she sensed no ill intentions, and the woman's joke about her age and mention of the kid made her visibly relax a bit more. She must be one of the people working with Cartri.
"No. In fact, the kid seemed very comfortable here." Valery said as she looked into the woman's eyes as well. "But I'm not looking to get you or your people in trouble, so lead the way."
She smirked and raised the glass to her lips to down the drink rather quickly. For most, it would have been a pretty bad idea but getting a Jedi drunk would require a lot more alcohol. Valery then set the glass down and turned on her stool so she could look Xan over one more time.
"But take your time to finish your cider first." The corner of her lip tugged up into a slight grin.
n0m34qi.png

Xan scoffed as her eyes rolled, her expression mirrored by her neon mask as she glanced around for a moment. "Of course he'll be comfortable, he picked up all of my worst traits." She muttered, think of how much Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll learned from her. Both the good and the bad. The things she taught him directly, and the things she avoided but he picked up on anyway. She never had kids and a family of her own, but the years spent with Cartri taught her a lot of how difficult it would be.

Their drinks arrived and Valery quickly downed hers, but Xan simply grasped the bottle and set some credits on the table for both of their drinks. "You must be high as a kite if you think I'm showing my face in here, choom." She got up and gestured for Valery to follow as she calmly walked towards a nearby alleyway. Once they were away from any cameras or prying eyes, she removed her mask and dropped her hood, instead replacing it with a flamboyant cap as her technicolour cybernetic eyes glanced over to Valery. "I gotta say, I'm surprised. Between a chair that steals your very being from your body, clones of my ex, and nightsisters teleporting around the galaxy, meeting a living fossil takes the cake." She took a long drink from her cider and tossed the empty bottle into a nearby dumpster before she turned to face Valery.

Her casual features hardened as her forearms split open and two sharp blades burst out. One levelled with the Jedi while the other remained ready for use. "Okay cut the crap, sis. What are you doing with my little bro? Huh? I haven't met a Jedi on Denon that wasn't trouble, so start talking." She demanded with a cold voice. The HRD stayed close, hoping to stop her from taking off. "I've seen you two spending a lot of time together. So either you tell me every little inkling of truth, or I carve it out of you."

She was most certainly overreacting, especially with the complete stranger, while not even introducing herself... but it felt good to feel again. To feel her synthetic face turn red and her brow furrowing while her cybernetic heart pulsed quicker.

And by the Abyss, perhaps a bit of blade clashing with a Jedi could actually be a lot of fun. The maniacal smirk tugging at the corner of her lips was betraying her hard features, even when her presence in the Force was null and void.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
With the way Valery perked a brow, it was pretty obvious that she had no clue what 'choom' meant, but it didn't really matter. Their drinks arrived, and while she had downed hers rather quickly, Xan seemed inclined to move elsewhere to continue the conversation. So with a gentle hop, she got off the barstool and followed the woman into a nearby alleyway, where she first looked around to make sure they were truly alone before her eyes settled back on the woman.
She then watched the mask and hood come off and, tilted her head slightly when she began to speak, "I'm that interesting to you already? I'm flattered." Valery said right as the woman tossed the empty liquor bottle away. The moment she did, a tremor passed between them through the Force that warned the brunette of the other woman's next move.
Two blades sprung into the open from Xan's forearms, but Valery remained calm and made no move. She had no desire to fight or cause trouble, and with the way Xan had been talking about Cartri, she knew what this was going to be all about.
"Easy there, I'm not here to fight," she said, her orange eyes briefly glancing at the two blades.
"Your little brother helped me look into one of the corporations here — nothing more. I've been investigating one rumored to be selling slaves to off-worlders, and he helped me target one of the compounds where these people were being kept." She then paused, realizing that all of this likely sounded pretty dangerous."And if means anything, I made it very clear to him to beat it if things got too hot."
"So... why don't you lower those blades and we talk through the rest, hm? I don't mind answering your questions."
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom