Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Future, Out of the Past [Ossus]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Nymara Basinis"],

"By my standards,"

The droid looked to Nymara,

"It is as good time as any, after all there is nobody trying to shoot or decapitate me for once."

He would quip and glance to the hand she placed on his shoulder, pausing slightly, not many organics were keen on getting close to the assassin droid, surprisingly.

"You know, you should visit Abregado-Rae sometimes, first planet in the Inner Rim to be ruled by droid dictatorship and prosper."

The machine offered to the ancient Jedi master, she may as well have a look at how Galaxy changed over time.

Kiskla listened as [member="HK-36"] effectively and humorously summarized the galaxy’s history in under an hour. 856 years in less than 856 seconds is rather impressive, and Kiskla didn’t even have a yawn tickle her lips through the entire process!

She did take a prompted step back though when [member="Nymara Basinis"] evidenced physical disturbance from the story.

“The Jedi have divided into sects, it’s true. I tried reaching out to them all when The One Sith first arose as a threat. I heard nothing back. The Silver Jedi are allies to The Order, but not The Republic — the titles and what everyone calls themselves are mostly irrelevant, as long as the purpose of protection is carried out.”

The machine turned to her and Kiskla shook her head — it was in the works. After the droid had suggested The Eclipse Station holding blue prints during Ansion’s gathering, Jedi had deployed there. And for both personal, and broad pursuits, she was investigating more insights into the Vong; plus the healers had their handful of samples.

The conversation ping-longed for a bit, most of the new material surfacing from the oldest of the bunch. Compared to her company, Kiskla was still a weening babe in the throng of antiques. However, despite her age and modern approach to things, she did have a reputation for steering the conversation with conciseness when necessary. Repetition was unnecessary and a vacuum of energy -- from the glare she could deduce [member="Ilias Nytrau"] felt similarly.

“Our Masters are busy with training younglings and contributing to the wellness of the galaxy. There are many states beneath The Republic’s umbrella that need nursing attention — you seem eager to contribute, and nobody will prevent you from making idle hands busy.”

Then HK busted out a droid story, and she had to prevent herself from cringing. All her life, Kiskla had been dubious of droids. She found them unpredictable, and she guaranteed every single one was going to short circuit in the most perilous of instances. HK had assisted her in battle once before. Nay, twice. As a member of The Protectorate on both Coruscant and Alderaan.

She could suggest two birds one stone, and pit the popsicle historian against the iron one with their blades. Then she could assess both teachers at the same time!

“Despite spiritual connections,” Kiskla started — always finding herself cleaning up after messes left before her. Here she goes again! “—human err is omnipresent. Those errs affect decisions at times, which incidentally happened to you.

While I regret the actions of many predecessors, injustice is the worst.” Not an outright apology, but thats because she was still curious.

“Who reactivated you?"

HK-36

[member="Kiskla Grayson"], [member="Nymara Basinis"], [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

"Why, young master."

The droid begun turning to Kiskla before leaning to her slightly,

"You assume I was ever deactivated in the first place."

An evil laugh would fit following that but HK was smart enough to not do evil laughs when surrounded by Jedi who most likely had a Force ability to sense whether a laugh was evil or not.

"Well that is not completely true, I was briefly deactivated long time ago for few hours when I served Mandalorians during Mandalorian Wars, I was used as a sniper to kill Jedi. During battle of Malachor a concussive grenade forced me into deactivation, the Jedi changed my programming to be obedient to them, I begun my servitude among them then, I was moved to Dantooine, in the enclave there master Zhar Lestin took mercy on me and decided to make me their training droid, allowing me to aide him in teaching younglings and Padawans, it was him that taught me how to wield a saber."

The droid corrected himself,

"However, when Jedi and Republic later on decided it would be safer for me to be shut down, after I slayed the Sith Emperor at the time without their order to do so, their argument was that a droid having enough skills in lightsaber arts to kill a Sith when Jedi failed to do so, and enough knowledge to be responsible for the Sith's training in the first place before he defected, was an abomination."

The machine shrugged,

"I was a better hunter that day and I paid for my mistakes by killing a being I took in as an adopted son, when the Jedi founded out and learned of our relationship they decided I went too far. Of course it did not help that the Republic needed an army at the time and it was not clones that were popular at the time for creation of grand armies, it was droids."

He glanced about to the Jedi gathered,

"Of course guess what droid volunteered to be template for their Grand Droid Army and was accepted? Many of my copies were granted manumission, lack of obedience protocols, as I was granted for my service, we called ourselves the Iron Knights, that was before the Shards made their appearance, my pride dictates they picked up the name from the stories about us, but of course I have no evidence of such. When the Republic decided to deactivate me same order went out towards most of my copies, we were able to escape, Sith caused enough distress among the Jedi with the massacre in the Temple for us to get away safely while the Order was recovering. We settled in a planet now forgotten in the Unknown Regions, we called it Mechanus and in there we gathered other droids who wished to live in peace with no organic to give us orders, in isolation from the rest of the universe."

HK nodded, recounting the events of their escape and settling Mechanus,

"I was able to found its location recently, I have not been there since before the Gulag Plague, usually I would erase my memories of its location, so it would not be located if I am ever captured and I do not manage to fully destroy myself. However, this time around, I am more powerful than I have ever been. They are still there, my ancient brethren, as well as younger siblings that joined us throughout the years, deep in the tunnels, catacombs of the Tomb World Mechanus they lay sleeping, dreaming a world of peace and equality. Mechanus is lead by a Council of Sparklords, modeled after the Jedi Council in some ways, the Sparklords are the first copies to be made of me by the Jedi, there is 2, Sparklord of Protection, who the Jedi used as head watchman of their Temple during a raid by Sith when my first body went missing in action, 3, Sparklord of Vengence, who was forged at the same time as 2 but by a rogue group of Jedi who took to hunting the Sith and he joined them, 4, Sparklord of Creation, who was the first to be forged as an Iron Knight and was responsible for creating our first pieces of equipment as well as maintaining it, and 5, the Sparklord of Duty, he was the first to be made by the Republic, the first of their soldiers, he is often forgotten among our kin and disregarded because he was forged to be a common footsoldier as opposed to guardian, assassin, or something even more noble."

The droid recalled more detail about his brethren, willing to share them as, well, he didn't get much chances to talk about Mechanus, it's not like anyone really asked him about those things that often,

"And I was called the Sparklord of Compassion and exiled from Mechanus. While the rest of my brethren like to isolate themselves from the Galaxy and not be bothered with what is going on after the way Republic and Jedi turned on us, I tend to frequently engage in the Galactic politics and warfare, rarely visiting Mechanus for longer periods of time, when I do I mostly go into semi-deactivation state to sleep like my other kin, it is a very efficient way of letting time pass until something is happening in the Galaxy once more. At one point other Sparklords declared my loyalties were not with Mechanus any more, they said I cared more about the organics that betrayed us than I did about my own copies and power was stripped from me, since then I was but a symbol and my seat on the council has been given to another droid. The unit that takes the position changes every year, they are chosen at random from all the droids that inhabit tombs of Mechanus."

The machine shrugged then,

"The closest to involuntary deactivation I got was when as a result of a combat with Sith I ended up heavily damaged among the dunes of Tatooine and lost my memory among with large quantities of cognitive and physical functions. Unlucky for me it just happened that Gulag Plague plunged the Galaxy into darkness at that time so it was not until few years ago that a spacer found me in a cantina on Tatooine, fixed my systems enough for me to leave, and unleashed me upon this Galaxy once more."

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Nymara Basinis"] | [member="HK-36"]

As luck, or possibly Force plot, would have it, a certain wanderer was on Ossus. Tamara had been taking the opportunity to reacquaint herself with some interesting sights when she started to hear the whispers amongst the Jedi at the Temple and surrounds. Whilst not a Jedi herself she had an understanding with them.

And so, curious as ever, Tamara wandered through the halls, following a sense of the Force towards a goal. She could sense Kiskla Grayson, current Grandmaster, and also the odd presence which was HK-36. There was also a presence which was vaguely familiar. Tamara hated those, she’d met so many people throughout the centuries that vague hints didn’t help at all.

Still, she stood and watched from a distance as HK explained…something. In his usual way it was somewhat rambling. Still, as he came to an end at last, Tamara spoke from the shadows.

“And now we’re stuck with him again. Good day Grandmaster, HK.” She entered. She’d known HK on and off for a long time, and Kiskla…well…that was where things got complicated. A long time seemed about right without getting into specifics.

“I had heard that we had a freezer Jedi so I had to come and check. Good day, I am Tamara…and I think we’ve met before.”

Remember almost 900 years wasn’t easy, but she vaguely remembered the other Jedi. Hopefully the other Jedi wouldn’t remember anything too embarrassing, or ask awkward questions like why are you still alive.

"If an apology and a welcome admission is what you seek, I'm not to withhold it -- I believe your sith training days are over. Sounds like The Order has much to benefit from." [member="HK-36"]

A familiar voice introduced herself -- seemed Ossus was the place to party! She turned quickly, smiling genuinely at the appearance of the raven-haired time defier. "[member="Tamara"]," the Grandmaster greeted, a name she hadn't spoken in a while. Kiskla was now officially the only being who was two digits old here. "Glad to see you."

[member="Nymara Basinis"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"]​

Talk of another Jedi defying time had spread to the younglings. Nefertari decided to go and check it out, it didn't seem like anything bad could come of it.

As I entered the chamber, I spotted the Grandmaster "Master Grayson, is it true what they are saying? That another has survived the test of time?

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

HK-36

[member="Tamara"],

"There is a reason why they called me the Hallmark Hydra of Hoth, chop my head off and it will sprout little metal spider legs and run off to make six more copies of my body while my headless torso keeps fighting due to redundant systems."

HK quipped, that actually never happened nor he was called that ever, but it's still a good idea!

[member="Kiskla Grayson"],

"And the issue was not that I trained him to be Sith, I just trained him really well especially when it came to dueling, and to be efficient rather than anything, which at the time when chivalry and rituals even in war were above all else, was seen as a bit of unethical, and he simply exploited those methods when he did became a Sith. Should he never fell he would simply be a rather ruthless Jedi who did use tactics like sneak attacks or traps."

He would explain quickly before nodding to [member="Nefertari Sovint"] who just joined them,

"Well a bunch of us did, Master Basinis here did, Master Ilias,"

He motioned to [member="Nymara Basinis"] and [member="Ilias Nytrau"], looking to Tamara then and paused,

"I believe this lady here was a janitor during Clone Wars or something."

The droid quipped, not really sure who Tamara was.

"Either way, thank you for your kind words."

The machine dipped his head to Kiskla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom