Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into My Own

Shar'tala

Executive Assistant
They would not find me changed from him they knew--Only more sure of all I though was true.

Running. It was seemed that was all she could do now.

Six Hours Prior :

Jinny looked out of the clay-and-straw bricked farmhouse situated on the edge of the fields.Boring. She had scrubbed the small house down multiple times. Fed the game fowl that provided meat and eggs to the family. Stared out into the knee-high grains in portions of the fields time and time again. So much so she wanted to scream and then never see a stalk of grain again.

Her inability to be on the farmstead had never been so trying. That was before she wandered the universe for a short few weeks in search of her brother. Judah's inability to stay in one spot was infuriating to her! Spent his entire life on Saleucami, once he stepped off it he was planet hopping. Having ran out of the credits said infuriating brother had sent, Jinny had returned home and back into her life. Somehow the farmstead didn't match up with the glittering sights on Coruscant. The golden sunsets on Alderaan. Even her last stop at Void Station had been insightful.

Harvest time had been upon Saleucami's poor farmers once again. Beings everywhere left their farmsteads to sell their goods at the small rural towns scattered in the oases and on edges of deserts.Jinny's father,mother, and brother had all left this time. The harvest had been extra plentiful, requiring two to take it in. Jinny suspected her mother tagged along to escape the home for a little while and catch up on town news.

So she was left here.Alone. Certainly wasn't the first time nor would it be the last.

Three Hours Prior :

Blaster shots and explosions rang out around the small farmhouse. Seemed the local forces weren't taking too kindly to advancements by the Republic. Dust filtered down from the loft, coating the once-clean house. Jinny's family should have returned by now. Night was quickly falling. Taking the small blaster from her parents room, Jinny kept it at hand. She had only fired at targets. Sometimes a blaster made folks think twice.

Wasn't as if the Dashiells had much to steal anyhow.

Present :

Jinny ran quickly, there wasn't much cover. Large rocks and spindly trees. Blaster clutched painfully into her hand. It was dark. Even the large moon refused to cast much of a glow. Stumbling along, the curly-haired girl searched for familiar marks on the way to town. She wasn't seeing any - but the night could be an unforgiving beast. Especially in the desert. Her body ached. Throat burned dry.

Suddenly out of no where she was flying, a sonic boom was muffled to her ears. Dirt and rocks flew with her, raining back down to the hard packed earth. Heart beating in her ears, Jinny groaned weakly. Warm blood seemed to be pooling everywhere. Darkness closed in around her vision, catching a blurry figure just as darkness enveloped the young girl.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Coming from the undersea mines to his island home seemed to take an extraordinary amount of time. Being a human, he had to take precautions and travel to the surface in a different pressurized transport. From the mines it was to the underwater capital city of Sobek, then a transport back to surface islands where most of the humans and non-aquatic lifeforms lived. An extra stop to buy juna berries that were native to Gala only added onto his time. Judah had bought the old Aqualish woman out of all five pints. Somehow she had managed to nurture plants on Ceto and sell the harvest, or so she said. Judah hadn't taken the little old lady as a smuggler of exotic foodstuffs from the enslaved planet, but one never knew.

Coming home to the large white beach house only to find it empty was a little disheartening. He had expected Thessa to had been back from her trip by now. Flipping on the lights, Judah moved to the kitchen and set down the berries, digging out his personal comm and datapad. Both devices had lost power down in the mining facility and he had been on the go since the early pre-dawn hours with little time to worry about charging. As he rested them on their docks to power, message after message trilled on both devices.

He'd worry about answering the deluge of messages later.

Shar'tala

Executive Assistant
On a rural planet with few towns, everyone seemed to know each other. Hardly the exception on Saleucami. With people scattered due to the fighting, the owner of the local dry goods store had spotted Jinny in the predawn light. Pulling close to the girl, the middle-aged Wroonian stepped out, taking in the sight. It didn't look good. Blood coated the ground and the girl. He recognized her quickly, the youngest child of the Dashiell family. Shame too.

Not familiar with human anatomy in the sense of where to look for a pulse, the Wroonian merely looked for the rise and fall motions one associated with breathing. It was faint, but there. Covering the young girl with his rough coat, Toro lifted the girl into his speeder, right into the cargo compartment. He covered her with a large piece of burlap and artfully moved boxes. Just in case -- the fighting was bad. The Wroonian was unsure if aiding anyone potentially seen as an enemy(which this girl was not) would bring more trouble for the area.

Climbing back into the dirty and ancient speeder, Toro set off. He had to find the town Doctor, where ever he had escaped to...

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

There was a healthy glow to her cheeks as she swung the door open, Sparky twittering in close behind her. "I know those simulators need some work buddy, don't worry, we'll talk to someone to get them up to snuff," voice trailed off and a huge grin worked its way to aqua-lips as she saw Judah. He was actually home! It was a nice surprise with how much he had been working lately.

They seemed to be trading roles lately.

Wasting no time, she walked up to Judah and wrapped him into a nice hug. Ever since Bane did a number on them both, she made herself enjoy these small moments more. "Hey sweetie, I think Sparky missed you," she laughed into his ear, still gripping him tightly as a high-pitched whistle sounded from the dome-headed droid. "And guess what, they shipped my X-wing back to me today!"

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Wolfing down the overly sweet berries and checking the major backlog of messages, Judah barely registered the sound of the door opening. It wasn't until he felt the arms of a very familiar mermaid, his mermaid, that he could fully come out of his focused work mode. Brightening at her laughter, Judah chuckled himself, pulling Thessa close to him as he looked over Sparky.

"Just Sparky missed me huh? I missed Sparky too."

If Judah had known the X-Wing would have made her this happy he would have it shipped over from Kesh ages ago. He had the fighter carefully packed away in the large KRDS storage facility for the longest. A small piece of Thessa when he thought she had been lost forever. Now it seemed like ages and ages ago. So much had been packed into a small portion of their lives.Speaking of...

"Great, better alert the skies Thessa Kai is back in her fighter." There was a long pause, he was clearly thinking. "Something else came in for you today too." Parting from the mermaid a little, Judah smoothly reached in his pocket and produced a ring, sliding it onto the Galan's finger. His last proposal involved a dirty droid shop, a blubbering Thessa and no ring. About time he set things right. Maybe not a full out proposal again....but something to remind Thessa he indeed wanted her to be his wife.

"The best thing about me is you. Always has been."

"Holy kriff, Judah," gasping she pressed herself on her toes and captured Judah's mouth with her own. Releasing, she stared back down at her finger. "Who ever would've thought that I'd marry a millionaire salvager?" Grinning, she winked. Breaking away from him, she started to rumage in the kitchen cabinets, suddenly having a strong craving for chocolate, something the Galan rarely ate.

"I'm surprised you managed to get a ring with everything going on. I thought you were getting second thoughts," pausing in her search, she gave Judah a gentle, teasing look.

Shar'tala

Executive Assistant
The sounds of footsteps shuffling back and forth at a near constant pace were the first to reach her ears. Her body ached all over,her head pounding, some internal organs she had never thought of felt as if they were on fire. Cracking her eyes open took an horrific amount of effort. The room was extremely unfamiliar and very dimly lit. A warm,thick woven blanket covered her body, pulled up to her neck and gently tucked in around her sides. Jinny moved experimentally only to feel pain shooting through her body.A whimper escaped from her lips as tears started to fall down her cheeks.

(Didn't think you were going to wake youngling)*

The old Wroonian doctor leaned over Jinny's bed, placing a thermometer strip across the girls forehead to get a reading. After the bystander and brought the girl to his home, he and his wife and cleaned her up and placed her in a small back room for assessment. Broken femur, arm broken in several spots, minor internal bleeding. The doctor didn't count the massive bruising, cuts and scrapes. He had been monitoring vitals carefully. The old doctor had no way to perform surgery in his back room. No human blood on supply.

(What happened?Where is my family?)

The doctor shook his head. He wasn't telling the young girl the fates of her family members. His wife had done enough digging and had possibly tracked down the middle child. Several messages were sent to various contacts, hailing him to Saleucami.

(Easy, you were caught in a fight. We have your brother coming for you.)

(Cal?)

(No, your other brother. Please, rest.) With those final words, the doctor pushed several more drugs into the girls system, including pain medication. Within a matter of minutes his young charge was back into the blissful state of unconsciousness.

*Indicates text spoken in Wroonian

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Judah watched Thessa dig through the cabinets with a clearly amused look on his face. What she was digging for, he had absolutely no idea. Normally the Galan made the trip for ice cold kelp juice by now. Probably sick of the stuff after she hurled her brains out on the Siren's Song not too long ago. He had been worried, naturally, but Thessa seemed completely fine now.

"Ring was the easy part after I decided I didn't like the first one I had gotten. Finding a quiet moment to give you it was the challenge.I'm not having second thoughts, the sooner we get married the better."

His comm and datapad let it be known he had an influx of messages once more. He should really sort through those and soon. There had been some issues with the facility on Tantra, ice was building up. Knocking out everything would give him the ability to spend a night with his mermaid uninterrupted. He picked up his personal comm and tapped the messages. With quite a bit, he started scrolling through to sort via priority. One with an unusual subject caught his eye...

"You don't have to rustle through the cabinets like an orphan. I get the hint. What do you want me to make for dinner?"

Just as the words left his mouth, Judah started reading the message and immediately paled, sick feeling settling in the pit of his stomach.

Jumping up, fingertips reached a bag and she pulled it down, a triumphant smile plastered over her face. "Hey I'm not an orphan. I just wanted-ah-ha!" Taking the bag of chocochews and she spun around and popped it open, the little chocolate pieces spilling over the counter. Triumphant smile erased as quickly as it came, gaze locking onto Judah's worried face. For now, she let the chocochews be, closing the distance between herself and Judah.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Fingertips brushed his arm. "Was...another bounty posted?" Ever since Smuggler's moon, they had become more watchful of the back channel news sources.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"No, its been very quiet on the bounty front in regards to you or I." Judah tore his gaze away from the comm, coming back to rest on Thessa. "Its my family...Something happened and a doctor is taking care of my sister. I need to get her off planet and to a medical facility and fast." Brain struggled to work as he was processing what to do. He mentally sifted through the local planets not in Sith space, ones that had a half-way decent medical facility or at least a possible bacta tank.

He came to settle on Elgit , now he just had to fly out and pray Jinny made the trip.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll be back as soon as I can, maybe with Jinny. The message is a little vague on details."

The chocochews were left on the counter, untouched. "Judah, I'm so sorry." Immediately, she was by his side. She waited a beat longer before speaking. "Sparky, get the Siren ready." The droid was off, warbling out the door of their cottage. "I'm coming with you. Just go to the ship, I'll get some bags packed."

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

With Sparky wheeling off to start the Siren, his gaze turned back to Thessa and the chocochews. When did they even buy those? Besides,didn't Thessa hate chocolate? He probably couldn't even get her to eat chocolate covered kelp on a good day. Judah frowned slightly at both his thoughts and the fact the Galan wanted to come along. The pair had just get through with Bane. Taking her to the edge of Sith territory was the last thing he wanted to do.

"I don't want to drag you to the edge of Sith space with all thats happened.I'll be fine."

Judah knew it was an uphill battle to convince Thessa to stay behind. He would be fine. His folks were probably overreacting. Jinny was the youngest and the only girl. He partially expected to show up, find Jinny with a broken leg and their Ma fussing over her as if it was the end of the world.

"Besides, I'm still worried about you. You nearly left your guts behind in the 'fresher on our way back from Void Station. That wasn't just nerves Thess."

"Yeah, well, it could'a been a lot worse," speaking about guts and all that. "And you might be fine but I won't be. Do you think I can handle seeing you tortured again? Absolutely not." Voice called from the room as she hastily threw a few pairs of clothes into a case. She was good at being on the run, on the go. Being with the rebels forced anyone to be that way - even hiding from a malevolent sith. Slinging a pack over her shoulders, she emerged without missing a beat, handing Judah a second satchel.

"This time, let me be there for you." She stopped in front of him, deciding not to mention the ongoing morning-sickness. She hadn't had time to get anything tested...

"Where are we going?" Voice was quiet as she held out the pack to him.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"No one is getting tortured. Not you. Not me." At least, Judah hadn't planned on being tortured by Sith or anyone else for that matter. Didn't seem to make a difference on what he said though, Thessa was busy packing in the other room. Waiting patiently, he took the bag from her outstretched hand and put in the bag of chocochews off the counter inside. There was no more use fighting the mermaid, Thessa seemed to be coming along no matter what.

"Back home to Saleucami. Come on, lets get going."

-----

It didn't take long to get the Siren in the air and into hyperspace for the journey. Tossing the bag of chocochews at Thessa, Judah could finally ask his question now that the argument about going had stopped and they were underway.

"You hate chocolate. Whats the deal?"

She sat back in the co-pilot's chair, this time letting Judah take the lead. The chocochews fell into her lap and she wasted no time tearing one of the little delectable morsels open and popping it into her mouth. "I don't hate chocolate, I just prefer kelp...usually." Indignantly, she swallowed, stuffing the open bag in her pack. She couldn't explain these weird cravings, they were just, there.

It probably had to do with all the stress they both had endured.

"Any more details about how your sister is doing, or did you want to keep your focus on my food preferences?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"How about both?"

Safely in hyperspace, Judah could relax slightly. Turning in the swivel pilots chair just in time to catch Thessa putting up her stash of now-loved candy, he still found it puzzling. Yet he wasn't stupid. Questioning the mermaid would result in an early death or perhaps something even worse. Judah had to pick his battles and chocolate candies were something he wasn't about to keep prodding the woman about.

Taking the comm out of his pocket again, Judah searched for new messages and found none. Might as well read the original message word for word to Thessa then, since she was keen on details. All of which were sorely lacking in the transmission.

"No. Just the first one.'Your sister Jinny Dashiell has been injured and is in the care of Dr.Saldo. Please come at once'." Judah recognized the name easily enough, the only Doctor around for miles on end,located a village over. Without a doubt someone in his family had asked for the message to be sent along to him. Very few people had holonets so he didn't see anything uncommon about getting the message from a third party.

"Jinny is the youngest and only girl. Ma is probably just panicking and called me back home. Its about time for harvest, so perhaps they are worried about not getting it in and having to take care of Jin."

She listened and nodded once, iced-azure gaze searching Judah's face. She caught brief glimpses of Judah's underlying and unspoken terrors of what ifs. She could understand his feelings very well. Those same feelings spurred her to risk her own life for her parents on Gala. And it had cost her and Judah a heavy price.

Hopefully, sith weren't involved this time.

Leaning forward, she gripped Judah's hand in her own. "We'll find out soon enough." She knew how easy it was to get drowned by your own, brooding thoughts. She wanted to keep Judah on the surface. "I've never met anyone in your family. Can you tell me about them, your sister?" She was curious and even a little nervous. Deep down, she wondered if they would approve of their son pursuing a near-human.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Squeezing her hand, Judah thought a moment. It was hard to describe to someone else. For him, everything would seem perfectly normal.He had little idea of what being raised like a Galan was like, and Thessa had left her family when the Sith came knocking. Silence stretched between the pair briefly as he struggled with the words to adequately describe his family.

"I don't know. Remember I left....what...seven,almost eight years ago? I only came back for that one day to collect that rust bucket of a ship before the Siren. I can tell you what my sister was like as a little kid but nothing else. I really have no clue who she turned into. She always asked a lot of questions. Overly cheery. Jinny always seemed out of place to me. Not the typical farm kid. Not a girl who should waste her life on a backwater wasteland."

Judah shrugged slightly. It had been incredibly long since he last stepped foot on Saleucami. He should have visited. The salvager needed to get his mind off his own family and turned to the Galan's instead.

"I've never met your family either. You told me your parents are in that safehouse. I know they've been through so much.I-I really can't imagine. Maybe we should think about bringing them closer to us. You've been apart from them for too long. Set them up on Ceto....or if they don't want to be that close we do have that apartment on Kesh. Its just sitting there."

"Wow. Maybe your parents should come to Ceto, too. Or, maybe we could just start with your sister," she smiled weakly. The idea of both sets of parents living close by was making her head spin a little. It wouldn't be bad, it would just be...challenging. Leaning back, she pondered silently. "I think my parents would like Ceto very much - anything not in sith or imperial space."

Face paled for a moment but she was quick to mask it.

"I think you'd like them but I don't think you'd ever get to really know how they were when I was growing up. Seems like they'll always have a burden because of my brothers still fighting the sith. Sometimes I wish I could go back for them. I...I...wish I could've done more when I was there. It was a miracle just to get my folks out." Voice trailed off as the frown deepened on the pair of aqua-lips. Eyes found there way back to Judah's.

He didn't need her burdens. He had enough of his own. "Was it hard leaving Jinny when you left, what, eight years ago? Would you have taken her with you, then?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"Don't worry, my parents would never move. I'd literally have to drag them off planet."

It didn't take a genius to see the change on her face when he mentioned her family. The sacrifice she had made getting her parents had been high. Extremely high. Yet there was a longing to have the rest of her family present. Visit her home planet without fear of death. Judah had gently prodded Thessa before, wanting to know what really was going on back on Gala. He had only gotten the barest of answers and even now he was mostly in the dark. Frustrating, but Judah would never make Thessa relive something so horrible.

"I can always go back.For your family, alone." He paused, eyes meeting. "Don't rule it out. I can shave off all my hair, my quasi-beard. Disguise a little. No one would be wiser. " Judah ran a hand through his shaggy hair, thinking of the possibilities. It wold be something further down the road to consider though. He was bone tired of running to and from Sith. Things had just been getting back normal in their lives. Well, until now.

"Something to think about, to discuss between us." Not wanting to dive too deep into the subject right now, his attention turned to Thessa's question. "It was hard leaving my entire family. Realize at this point I'd never left Saleucami. I'd never travelled further than a hundred kilometers or so away from home. I could have never taken Jinny unless I was her only relative. When I left at seventeen she was only ten."

"Which wouldn't have been the wisest of choices. I overdid it after coming out of my Republic training. Going out with the other pilots, drinking, getting into trouble. Not exactly mature, then add in never having been away from home?"

Pausing, he cracked a small smile. Time to lighten the mood.

"I was constantly getting lost. Then I had this crazy-hot mermaid yelling at me, making me take out trash. You wouldn't believe what she made me do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom