Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into My Own

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

After the shock wore off, Judah let his brain go into action. His family, his responsibility. Knowing his time on Saleucami was going to be long, hot and incredibly boring, Judah convinced Thessa to head back to Ceto. It wasn't that he didn't want her help. He needed it. Yet the mermaid had put up with enough of his issues of late and this wasn't another for her to be dragged into.

Nearly a week after the news, Judah was bone tired. He had been pulling in the harvest by himself, rising before the sun and not quitting until it was long down. Normally he would try to convince his Ma to leave it. To let him pay what credits such a harvest would pull in. Judah wanted to feel bone tired, he needed to not think. The salvager didn't want to go back home to Ceto so soon and deal with the lingering aftermath. He was escaping into work once again. It had worked for his injuries suffered by Daxton Bane, it would work again for this.

Stopping the equipment for the night, Judah stomped his feet and ran a hand through his dusty hair before entering the rickety farmhouse. Quiet blanketed the rural area,it was late. His Ma had stayed up late, standing at the stove and cooking him a real meal. She was growing older, tanned face more worn. Apron was tied around her petite body, short, wavy salt-and-pepper hair sat slightly out of place on her head. Strong yet fragile in so many ways.

A steaming plate of paprikash was set before him, the sour cream gravy and noodles threatening to spill over it. Tiredly, Ma Dashiell sat down next to her son, looking intently at the young man.

Wolfing down his food, Judah slowly stopped, noticing the stare. Fork came to rest against the plate.

"You alright Ma?"

"Are you even tasting that? Its half gone." The older woman chuckled, smiling. "Soon you'll be gone, so it might be right in eating so fast."

"Its good, I never eat like this anymore. When I cook it myself it doesnt turn out." Judah paused, delicately treading the situation. "You know...you could come with me.You and Jin."

"And then what Judah? Live with you and your girlfriend? You're young, you're in love. Don't need me getting in the middle of that."

"You're right. You wouldn't like our home much...." Eating his late dinner, Judah waited to broach the subject. "Sell the farm. Sell the harvest. I have an apartment on Kesh just sitting there."

"I refuse to have my son support me."

"I wouldn't support you Ma. You would work. I need a manager for my operations there, someone I can trust. I can trust you. You don't need to know anything about droids, this is a office and people orientated position."

"Judah...I don't know...I havent been out in the Galaxy since before I married your father....I cant...We can't.."

"No excuses Ma. I need to watch over you and Jinny. Its a little too hazardous and strenuous for both of you out here.Jinny is going to need more medical care." Voice softened, growing quieter. "I need you Ma. I need you at my wedding. I need you there when your first grandchild comes into this universe. I need to see you on a semi-monthly basis. Too much is going on and its passing both of us by."

Leaning back, the older woman was stunned. There were no ties to Saleucami. Not anymore. Yet she did have a son. A soon to be daughter-in-law. Jinny.

"I will consider it Judah."

"Dont consider it Ma. Do it."

Shar'tala

Executive Assistant
@[member="Thessa Kai"]

A scant week later Jinny was looking out her room window on Kesh. It was a tiny room but it was better than what she had on Saleucami. Judah had squared away the two women, and watching her older brother struggle to bring in the items had been a source of teasing later on during the day. Kesh was very different than any planet she had traveled in her search to find Judah. Mountainous yet she could see a bit of the ocean from her window, high up in the apartment. Night and day from where the teenage girl had spent all her life.

Yet it was supposed to be better. So far it wasn't terrible. Time would tell.

[[Complete]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom