Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intergalactic Podracing Championship (Interest Check)

I was thinking about this in Fringe chat recently ...

The IPA Intergalactic Podracing Championship

The IPC (Intergalactic Podracing Championship) is a galactic institution, and the foremost motorsport organization in the galaxy. Held over eight (could be stretched to ten) events throughout the season, the IPC’s mission statement is to find the fastest being and machine in the galaxy. The action is fierce, and rules are loosely enforced. Deaths and carnage are commonplace in this form of racing, so only the bold ever enter.

The IPC will take place over eight Grands Prix, beginning with the traditional Boonta Eve race on Tatooine and culminating with a final shootout on Malastare. In order, the races will be held on:
  • Tatooine
  • Nal Hutta
  • Trandosha
  • Mygeeto
  • Coruscant
  • Phu
  • Annaj
  • Malastare

Each event would traditionally bring added revenue to the hosting Faction.

How would this work?:

This is going to be a little more traditionally table-top than what we’re used to on this site. I will be the Event Master, and I’ll be using a d20 dice generator to determine how events unfold. Everything, from the start to each of the three laps to the finish, will come down to the d20. Each lap will be split into three sectors, so for each racer I will roll eleven times throughout the race. After each roll I’ll PM the racer their score and what that means. They’ll put their score at the top of their post and roleplay exactly what happens to their character during that sector of the race. Hopefully we’ll have winners, losers and some deaths along the way. Obviously, a 1 equals a crit fail (most likely death), and a 20 equals some amazing, shiz-hot ace flying. Anything in between is variable.

This will be the same format over all eight races. There will be a points tally, and after the eight races, the racer with the most points wins the Intergalactic Championship.

What do they win?:

IC cash money, honeys, whips, sponsorship deals, maybe even special prizes like spaceships and tech. We’ll see.

What’s the points structure?:

There will be sixteen racers in each race (I’ll be padding the field with NPCs). The top ten get points:

Sponsorships:

If you’d like a company you own to sponsor the event, let me know. I’ll shoutout your company in my opening post and throw up a link. My company, Invictus Aeronautics, is a partner to the IPC, and yours can be too for no extra cost.

What if my character dies?:

It’s very likely. I’d suggest making a new character specifically for this championship. If your racer dies, you can make a new one to take part in the next race.
Any other questions? If you’re interested, sign below! This could be a lot of fun :D

I'm sooooooo in.
8HbQxay.png

I totally support a podracing role-play - Episode I and all.

Though, keep an eye out on who tries to join. If some of the Republic's Most Wanted are thrown in a race with Jedi Masters, things will get dicey >_>

@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] @[member="Hamish McNair"] @[member="Darth Isolda"] @[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Jyn Sol"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Grimm"]

If you're in to race, I'd suggest making a new disposable character, as the chances of death here are a LOT higher than in other roleplays. If you want to bring one of your regular characters, you can, but it's a real risk. Some steps to follow if you're down.
  • Create a new character. Alien NFS characters are probably a good bet, though human FS characters with no formal training would also work.
  • PM me from that account with a link to your character sheet, avatar and a few tidbits of info I can use for commentary.
  • Join le faction (http://starwarsrp.net/groups/211-intergalactic-podracing-championship/), so I can throw important info up there for you all to see as things develop.

If you're in to sponsor, PM me the link to your company profile and some sort of catch phrase, like "McYoda's - Loving it, I am."

Dis is gon b gud. Get hype

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom